Imperfection Is Beauty, Madness Is Genius

Author's note: I love Criminal Minds and Spenc so here you all go!
Author's note: I love Criminal Minds and Spenc so here you all go!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 Next »

3

I should have known that just because both Spencer and I had grown up physically that we were still immature when it came to the other person. When you have two people who have really high IQ's and you put them in the same room, something is bound to happen. I felt like I was back in high school around Spencer. He had been nice and welcoming at first, but as soon as I proved him wrong about one thing, it changed. Now he was making everything a competition between us. He wanted to prove he was still the smartest one. I personally didn't care. I was here to do a job and to do it well. Not to sit around and compete with boy wonder over statics that weren't even a part of this case. I sighed and in the middle of Spencer talking, I walked out of the room. Smiling to myself I went and got a coffee. When I came back Spencer was staring at me oddly, but he had finally stopped talking.
"Are you going to be able to handle this case?" Morgan teased. "Oh, I'm sure I will be fine. I worked for other crime units before so I'm up for anything. I just care about putting away the bad guys." I replied smiling. "Well, we will see." He said winking. I silently giggled to myself and looked over at Spencer. He had this frown on his face and quickly looked away. JJ finished showing and giving us the details on our case. I flipped through the pictures and my stomach turned. I could handle it, but it's not like I was made of steel. It still got me sometimes. This case involved a serial killer who targeted young brunette girls. He would torture them for 3 days before brutally killing them. Then he would dispose of them in such a crowded place, yet no one saw anything. I sighed and shut the folder. When I looked back up at the group I saw Spencer staring at me. He caught me looking back and turned away, his cheeking turning a light pink color. I smiled to myself and looked down. I would have to get my emotions in check and just work. Nothing could come between me and Spencer. It was against the rules and I knew that I would worry about him way too much. It was bad enough in high school. Especially after the flagpole incident with the football team. I had tried to speak up before being shoved down by one of the players. I was only 12 myself. I had dealt with a lot of abuse during high school as well. Girls constantly made fun of the fact I was flat chested and the guys were the worse. They treated me like meat and said things that no 12 year old should have heard. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts I didn't see mostly everyone get up and walk out of the room. Spencer waved his hand in front of my face.
"Hey...You in there?" He asked smiling slightly. "Wha...What? Yes...I'm sorry. Umm, where did everyone go?" I asked. "Well, they are getting their stuff together. We have to be on the jet in 30 minutes." He replied "Oh...okay, thanks" I said standing up. "Is everything alright Annabelle?" He asked softly. "Yes...I'm just...thinking of the past you know" I replied looking at my feet. "There's things that should be left in the past you know...you're thinking about that night aren't you?" He asked. "Spence...not now please...” I begged closing my eyes. I did NOT want to remember the night he was talking about. That night had been the worst day of my life. It was something that still haunted me to this day. I would gladly take the teasing ten times worse than ever have had that happen to me again or anyone else at all. I looked at Spencer and he was smiling apologetically. I smiled back and linked my arm with his arm. He blushed slightly and we walked out of the room. We stopped and grabbed some coffee then just headed to the jet early. Next destination Las Vegas, Nevada.

This book has 13 comments. Post your own now!

TeardropsInAprilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:37 am
I love criminal minds!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
By the way, my twelve year old sister likes this.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Persona writing is a skilled art! Not just a mere skill or an abstract art but a skilled art! It's practically acting on paper! If done improperly the characterization drowns in a pool of nonsense! I beleive you saturated this story with romance! What is with this generation and romance?! Good grief! Why is Reid having kids? That seems so illogical. Why is there a second genius? That seems statistically impossible. Anyway, persona writing is an art, exactly like acting. There are beleivable acto... (more »)

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Interesting conclusion line. Please clarify if Reid and Chris have been captured along with Annabelle.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
EPITOME OF LAMENESS! TOO RANDOM! WHY WOULD THIS REALLY HAPPEN? IS THIS REALLY IN GIDEON'S CHARA -- Hold the hedgehog! Gideon already has a son! What is happening in this alternate multiverse?!?!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
The Gideon segment should be in Reid's perspective.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
FAIL! I apologize for that out burst. Perhaps its just me and my anti-romantic sentiments, but ... Never mind

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Morgan would say, "Why do we love you?" Gideon and Reid seem out of character. Revise some diction.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Revise sentences to reduce redundancy. Remeber to revise your diction! Keep in mind that this is from the perspective of geniuses! Use the words to convince the reader of that! Why did you insert Gideon? Its not that we hate him, it is just too spontaneous.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
That old cliche 'back in high school.' Competion is characteristic of Reid but you might want to lok at some of your diction in chapter 5. FLASHBACK, FORESHADOWING, and IRONY abound! I love it!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Chapter 2: I like your portrayal of the stoic-faced Hotch, but the Prentiss comment seemed slightly out of character. I like your oxymoron of 'comfortable awkward silence.' This chapter reminds me of the first episode with Agent Seaver.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Chapter 1: First person gives this story a unique twist. Your characters (especially Morgan) seem real (using dialogue). Perhpas you should have swithched chapters when swithching point of views. Focus on your diction/word choice -- this kind of persona wirting requires better diction since it comes from the minds of 'geniuses.' An interesting start.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
I haven't had time to read your book yet, but your titile has hooked me. My friend would say something like that.