Imperfection Is Beauty, Madness Is Genius

Author's note: I love Criminal Minds and Spenc so here you all go!
Author's note: I love Criminal Minds and Spenc so here you all go!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 Next »

2

Throughout my conversation with Aaron Hotchner I didn't feel any less uneasy as I did when I first came in. Honestly I felt even more uneasy. Did this man ever smile? I knew this was a serious job, but there had to be something that made him happy or even grin. I looked at his desk and noticed it was pretty plain except for one picture, which I couldn't see from my position. He stood up after explaining how everything worked and walked to the door opening it. I stood up and he turned to me. "Now, you need to meet the other team members you will be working with." He said walking out the door.
I followed silently and became withdrawn slightly when we walked to the four people who were staring at me before. This time though there were two more members standing there. One guy had dark brown hair and the other was really tall. I studied the tall one. He had his back to me, while the others were looking straight at me. Upon seeing the others stare, the tall guy in the group turned around and I felt my stomach drop and I suddenly felt like I was in high school again.
Spencer's P.O.V.

After fixing up my desk and putting my things away I walked back over to the others. Morgan shot me a grin and Garcia made one of her usual comments about him. I smiled to myself and saw the others look past me. Hotch cleared his throat and I turned around. I couldn't believe who I was seeing. Annabelle Stevens. My head started to spin and I found myself staring at her. She had the same facial features, but clearly she had changed. Then again what should I have expected? When I last saw her she was 12, as was I.
"Annabelle, this is Derek Morgan, Penelope Garcia, Jennifer Jareau, Emily Prentiss, David Rossi, and...” He said before Annabelle interrupted. "Spencer Reid." She said smiling slightly, causing me to blush.
Annabelle’s P.O.V.

"Spencer Reid." I finished for Agent Hotchner. "You know him?" Morgan asked. "We went to high school together." Spencer answered for me. "Seriously? He was like 12." Garcia said. "Yeah...So was I. He was my only friend." I said smiling. "Awe that's cute!" Prentiss said causing me to blush. How after all this time I still found myself liking Spencer Reid, I do not know. He was a sweetheart and just like me. We understood each other and that was more then I could ever ask for. I couldn't help but notice how much he changed. He looked the same for the most part but after more than ten years I didn't expect to see the same 12 year old boy. In fact I didn't expect to see him at all. It was a nice surprise; I was hoping he thought the same. I talked awhile with them and Agent Hotchner told me to call him Hotch. It felt a little rude, but if everyone else went by their last names, except for JJ of course, then I guess I could call him by his too. I went to an empty desk, which was now mine and sat down. I noticed a fuzzy little creature type doll sitting on top of my computer. I glanced at him confused. I hadn't put it there. Staring at it I didn't notice Spencer come up behind me?
"Garcia put that there. She likes to make things personal and happy when it comes to our work." He said softly. "Oh, I guess that's one way to do." I replied turning to face him. I blushed immediately looking at him. He was cute in high school in that geeky kind of way, but now we were both grown up and he had a whole new cuteness to him. "It's nice seeing you again." He said quietly. "You too Spency-Beans." I said using his nickname. "Wow...I can't believe I forgot about that." He replied pulling up a chair next to me. "And you say that you have an eidetic memory." I teased. "It mostly applies to the things I read though. That and I try to forget most things about high school." He said, causing me to frown. "What about me?" I asked. "I wouldn't forget you! You were the best thing about high school for me." He said quickly blushing. "You were for me too." I replied quietly. We both sat there in silence. It was awkward, but not in a creepy way. It was more of a comfortable awkward silence. Before either one of us could say anything more, JJ was calling us all into the conference room. I was about to get to work my first case.

This book has 13 comments. Post your own now!

TeardropsInAprilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:37 am
I love criminal minds!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
By the way, my twelve year old sister likes this.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Persona writing is a skilled art! Not just a mere skill or an abstract art but a skilled art! It's practically acting on paper! If done improperly the characterization drowns in a pool of nonsense! I beleive you saturated this story with romance! What is with this generation and romance?! Good grief! Why is Reid having kids? That seems so illogical. Why is there a second genius? That seems statistically impossible. Anyway, persona writing is an art, exactly like acting. There are beleivable acto... (more »)

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Interesting conclusion line. Please clarify if Reid and Chris have been captured along with Annabelle.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
EPITOME OF LAMENESS! TOO RANDOM! WHY WOULD THIS REALLY HAPPEN? IS THIS REALLY IN GIDEON'S CHARA -- Hold the hedgehog! Gideon already has a son! What is happening in this alternate multiverse?!?!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
The Gideon segment should be in Reid's perspective.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
FAIL! I apologize for that out burst. Perhaps its just me and my anti-romantic sentiments, but ... Never mind

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Morgan would say, "Why do we love you?" Gideon and Reid seem out of character. Revise some diction.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Revise sentences to reduce redundancy. Remeber to revise your diction! Keep in mind that this is from the perspective of geniuses! Use the words to convince the reader of that! Why did you insert Gideon? Its not that we hate him, it is just too spontaneous.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
That old cliche 'back in high school.' Competion is characteristic of Reid but you might want to lok at some of your diction in chapter 5. FLASHBACK, FORESHADOWING, and IRONY abound! I love it!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Chapter 2: I like your portrayal of the stoic-faced Hotch, but the Prentiss comment seemed slightly out of character. I like your oxymoron of 'comfortable awkward silence.' This chapter reminds me of the first episode with Agent Seaver.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Chapter 1: First person gives this story a unique twist. Your characters (especially Morgan) seem real (using dialogue). Perhpas you should have swithched chapters when swithching point of views. Focus on your diction/word choice -- this kind of persona wirting requires better diction since it comes from the minds of 'geniuses.' An interesting start.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
I haven't had time to read your book yet, but your titile has hooked me. My friend would say something like that.