Imperfection Is Beauty, Madness Is Genius

Author's note: I love Criminal Minds and Spenc so here you all go!
Author's note: I love Criminal Minds and Spenc so here you all go!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19

Epilogue

At the mention of my pregnancy the team finally took in my whole appearance. Sure five months wasn't that big, especially on me, but it was still noticeable. I took in everyone's reaction, but the one I cared for most also scared me. Spencer was staring at my stomach his mouth slightly ajar. Truthfully I didn't think he believed it. I smiled cautiously and he closed his mouth. The team said their congrats then left Spence and I to talk alone. "Pregnant.." He whispered. "We are" I said. "How..far?" He asked unsure. "Pretty much the whole five months" I replied. "Five months? Five months and you couldn't even call. Not one word that you were carrying my child?" He yelled at me. "I know. Spencer I'm sorry" I said. "Why did you leave?" He asked. "I needed to find who I was" I said shortly. "But you knew who you were. I knew who you were" He said. "Being the girl who always gets kidnapped or can't defend herself gets old fast Spencer. My father offered me something I couldn't refuse" I stated. "Which is?" He asked. "A chance to become someone different. He taught me everything and you should know he has a lot of knowledge" I replied.
"You were with Gideon? He wrote, but never said one word" Spencer said. "I asked him not to. I knew either you or Chris would come get me or something. I had to do this on my own Spencer. It was hard believe me. I didn't find out I was pregnant until three months afterwards" I said. "You should have called..wrote..something" He said quietly. "I know..but I have some pictures I want to show you" I smiled. "Pictures?" He asked. "Of our baby" I said. His face lit up and he walked over to me. Before pulling out the pictures I hugged him again tightly then kissed him. I had longed to be in his arms again for long enough. We pulled apart and he was smiling. I reached into my bag and pulled out an envelope with my ultrasound pictures. After the pictures were all through he pulled me into a long kiss, which was broken up by a cough from Hotch. "Sorry to interrupt, but we need to be heading out for this case" He said. The both of us just nodded and I saw a blush across his face. I smiled and we walked out of the room hand in hand.
4 Months Later
Spencer's P.O.V.
We had just wrapped up another case and yet they never seemed to end. Annabelle was currently on leave with Chris who claimed to have sympathy pains. If there was someone other than Annabelle in pain I think it was me. These past couple of months had changed things dramatically. Not only was I going to be a father, her mood swings were off the wall. She had cravings in the middle of the night, to which I was supposed to fulfill for her. I rushed into work and Morgan started laughing. My shirt wasn't tucked in like normal. I had completely forgotten my usual vest and tie. I also believe I didn't get a chance to really brush my hair this morning either.
"Rough night?" He asked smirking. "Just like every night. She wants these obscure things, and when I finally get them to her, she's changed her mind" I huffed. "Get used to it daddy-o" He laughed. "You know what I'm waiting for?" I asked. "What's that?" Morgan replied. "I'm waiting for when Chris gets pregnant. If Annabelle is this crazy, when she's normally so sweet. How do you think Christina is going to be?" I asked. Morgan stopped smirking immediately and then walked off. I chuckled to myself. Suddenly my phone started to go off and I fumbled with it. The caller Id flashed Chris.
"Hello?" I said. "You lover boy better get your ass to the hospital right now. I'm taking Bells in. She's in labor" Chris said. "Labor? Are you sure?" I asked. "Well she's flooding my car so I'm pretty damn sure" Chris yelled from the other line. "I'll be right there.." I said hanging up. I ran to Hotch's office and barged in the door. He looked up at me and I noticed JJ was in the room as well. "Annabelle is in labor" I said. "Well what are you doing here. Go" He replied smiling. I took off running, my bag banging against my side as I ran. I wasn't sure how I got to the hospital, It all seemed like a blur. When I got there Annabelle was being wheeled into a room. Chris was trying to help her with her breathing. I ran to her side and she let out a small cry. "Bout time you got here" Chris yelled. "You take her hand, I think mine's broken"
I grabbed a hold of Annabelle’s hand and she squeezed. I bit back the yelp I wanted to let loose. This girl could have a grip when she wanted. "Where.Have.You.Been?" She hissed. "I got here as fast as I could" I said. She let out a cry and leaned her head back. The nurses came and finally moved her onto a bed. I still had a hold of her hand and it wasn't too long before a doctor came in the check on her. "We're ready to begin. Those who are staying in the room need to get put on the scrubs and gloves." The doctor instructed. I thought that Chris was going to be in the room, instead she held up her hands and backed away. I gulped and put on what I needed to and went back into the room. Immediately Annabelle grabbed my hand as the doctor instructed her to push.
2 hours later
Annabelle’s P.O.V.

I was positive this pain was never going to end. Anything my father had taught me went out the window. He said pain was a thing of the mind. He clearly never gave birth. Chris had called him after she called Spencer so I knew he would be here after the baby was born. I gave one last push and a cry rang out through the room. I started to cry silently and Spencer cut the cord. He was cleaned off, then handed to Spencer. He was also crying as he handed me my baby. "It's a girl." He whispered. "Our girl." I said smiling. "What's her name gonna be?" The nurse asked. I looked at Spencer and knew what I was going to name her. "Brittany Diana Reid." I said softly. Spencer smiled brightly as I used his mother's name. He then bent down and kissed my forehead. I fed our baby girl and shortly after fell asleep, with Spencer by my side.
One Year Later
I laid down Brittany down in her crib, turned on the monitor and made my way back into the living room to Spencer. He was sitting on the couch reading a book. I sat down and cuddled up next to him. He marked his place and closed the book. I twirled my wedding ring around my finger and smiled. "What are you smiling about?" He asked. "Why not smile? I got a wonderful husband, beautiful daughter and a roof over my head." I replied, Spencer kissed my forehead and I leaned closer to him. His arms wrapped around me and I breathed in his scent. "I love you Spencer Reid." I said. "I love you Annabelle Reid." He replied. I lifted my head up and pressed my lips to his. My life was perfect, well as perfect as it could be.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19

TeardropsInAprilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:37 am:
I love criminal minds!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
By the way, my twelve year old sister likes this.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Persona writing is a skilled art! Not just a mere skill or an abstract art but a skilled art! It's practically acting on paper! If done improperly the characterization drowns in a pool of nonsense! I beleive you saturated this story with romance! What is with this generation and romance?! Good grief! Why is Reid having kids? That seems so illogical. Why is there a second genius? That seems statistically impossible. Anyway, persona writing is an art, exactly like acting. There are beleivable acto... (more »)

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Interesting conclusion line. Please clarify if Reid and Chris have been captured along with Annabelle.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
EPITOME OF LAMENESS! TOO RANDOM! WHY WOULD THIS REALLY HAPPEN? IS THIS REALLY IN GIDEON'S CHARA -- Hold the hedgehog! Gideon already has a son! What is happening in this alternate multiverse?!?!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
The Gideon segment should be in Reid's perspective.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
FAIL! I apologize for that out burst. Perhaps its just me and my anti-romantic sentiments, but ... Never mind

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Morgan would say, "Why do we love you?" Gideon and Reid seem out of character. Revise some diction.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Revise sentences to reduce redundancy. Remeber to revise your diction! Keep in mind that this is from the perspective of geniuses! Use the words to convince the reader of that! Why did you insert Gideon? Its not that we hate him, it is just too spontaneous.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
That old cliche 'back in high school.' Competion is characteristic of Reid but you might want to lok at some of your diction in chapter 5. FLASHBACK, FORESHADOWING, and IRONY abound! I love it!

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Chapter 2: I like your portrayal of the stoic-faced Hotch, but the Prentiss comment seemed slightly out of character. I like your oxymoron of 'comfortable awkward silence.' This chapter reminds me of the first episode with Agent Seaver.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
Chapter 1: First person gives this story a unique twist. Your characters (especially Morgan) seem real (using dialogue). Perhpas you should have swithched chapters when swithching point of views. Focus on your diction/word choice -- this kind of persona wirting requires better diction since it comes from the minds of 'geniuses.' An interesting start.

AcrossTheUniverse said...
I haven't had time to read your book yet, but your titile has hooked me. My friend would say something like that.