Harry Potter, Next Generation: Friends and Foes | Teen Ink

Harry Potter, Next Generation: Friends and Foes

By BekahBucket BRONZE, Freehold, New Jersey
BekahBucket BRONZE, Freehold, New Jersey

"I won't apologize for who I am" ~ Selena Gomez

Summary:

Voldemort is gone, and life has moved forward. Still, some things never change. Particularly Hogwarts. Gryffindor is still the house of heros, and Slytherin is still the house of evil wizards.
Or so a Gryffindor will tell you. However, Slytherin's bad reputaion is challanged by a young girl named Kiera, who is anything but ordanary.
Kiera has her own ideas. One of her more controversial thoughts is her dislike of Harry Potter. everyone around her believes she will be the next dark wizard. But there is much more to her story - as well as everyone else's - than meets the eye.

Tags: Friends

BekahBucket

Me2008 GOLD said...
Me2008 GOLD, Houghton, New York

And one day, the girl with the books became the woman writing them.

This is a really good book! Please keep going with it! The only things I have to say about it are this: It's spelled glared, not glaired, conceited not conceded (conceded means something else), and Albus Potter was put in Slytherin, not Gryffindore. Otherwise, I think It's great! I really like the idea that JK Rowling is a witch, writing about Harry's life. I also like how you included George's kids and Draco's kid in the story.

on Nov. 24 2013 at 3:39 am
mereCat PLATINUM, Horsham, Other

"I am finally colouring inside the lines I live between"

I really like this, it is very readable and intiguing - i want more! Just one thing, you write that Harry Potter seems conceeded, do you mean conceited? Wierdly, I'm in the middle of writing my own hp fan fiction and the idea that JK Rowling is a witch is pretty important to it - the muggle story books are Harry's biography with a few holes... I'd love to submit it to Teen Ink but it includeds Rowling's characters so i think it would be copyright :(

on Dec. 31 2012 at 9:21 am
Luckystar78 ELITE, London, Other

"..though warm as summer it was fresh as spring." (Thomas Hardy) ("Far from the Madding crowd")

I love the angle you've decided to write from! I think it's really interesting, doing a HP fan fiction from a slytherin girl's point of view - good job!

starwriter GOLD, Durango, Colorado

Hearing voices no one else can hear isn't a good sign, even in the wizarding world.
-J. K. Rowling

Love it!!! Can't wait to read more about Kiera!!

on Nov. 7 2011 at 7:18 am
DoctorWhoFan827347 SILVER, Boise, Idaho
This is an amazing book so far. You did did very well with keeping it like the original Harry Potter books while still making it your own. I love how you added J. K. Rowling as a witch. I can't wait to read more!

TeardropsInApril, Alaska, California
Hey! I really like this, keep up the good work! If you want, you can also check out my novel HARRY POTTER CONTINUED. It should be the novel on the Fan Fiction Novels Home page right next to yours. Don't forget to rate it and leave a comment! :)

You're welcome! And yes, mine was awful, that's why I need to rewrite it. What do you think of what I showed you this morning? 

Aw, thanks! I'm glad you like it, but you really didn't have to re-write your story to compair with mine <3

Bekah! I really love your story so far, especally Fred's line at the end of chapter 1. I noticed you gave Filch a new cat, good idea. You should be proud, because after reading this, I've decided to re-write my story. Keep up the awesome work!

cassia_b said...
cassia_b, Wisconsin
wow that pretty much sums up what i've been thinking for a while! when you tell a harry potter fan "slytherin!" they think of the bad, but never the good qualities they may have.

TeardropsInApril, Alaska, California
Yeah, it's pending approval sorry! :)

Thank you! And I tried to find your Harry Potter, but nothing came up! I'm sorry! D:

Why, thank you!~ I think what drew me to this idea of a Slytherin and a Hufflepuff were the typical steriotypes they carry: Slytherin students are evil and Hufflepuff students are nothing extrardinary. Neither of these, I beleive, is true. It's different to explore Hitler's view of the Holocost, if you know what I mean.

on Jun. 6 2011 at 10:20 am
just-another-url GOLD, Cannes, Other

"It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness." -Philip Lester

really good, i felt like this was a j.k novel, and i liked when you added that she was a witch ;) please write more very soon, i've been dying to read more on the same line as harry potter. i was so sad when the series ended. 

ps : i also really enjoyed that the story isn't about harry's children, that's been done, this is more original !!!! keep it up :)

pps : rated 5 stars !

on Jun. 6 2011 at 12:05 am
TeardropsInApril, Alaska, California
This is great! Very detailed and nice intro to your novel! If you have time, please also check out my Harry Potter 7 and a half! It's basically what happened right before this story! :)

don't worry, I will. I just need to figure out what happens next...

thelibrarian BRONZE, Longville, Louisiana

men are like steel, if they lose thir temper, they lose thier worth

-chuck norris

plz plz plz finish this soon ar at least add on