Am I Dreaming?

Author's note: i dreamed this one night.
Author's note: i dreamed this one night.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Where were we?

We woke up in a market. We had no idea where we were. The girls were on one side and the boys were on the other. A man stood in the middle. He wore a top hat and a black suit. The girls’ team consisted of Renee, who was willing and wouldn’t go down without a fight; Lauren, who was a girly girl; Jenny, who was a tomboy; and me, who was the team leader and was ready for a challenge. The boys’ team consisted of Jake, who was the brains of the operation; Alen, who was always down, but had a good laugh about everything; Exzavier, who was mean and cold hearted, but had a good side to him. And Chris, who played games and was ready for any challenge. I looked around the store. Clothes were lined all in a row. In the middle of the store was a gumball machine as high as the ceiling.
“Is everyone ready?” asked the man.
Everyone nodded even though no one knew why we were here. The man got the boxes and through them at the girls and the boys. We opened them and to our surprise there were slingshots, enough for everyone, with a bag of gumballs.
“The rules are simple,” the man spoke softly. “Knock your opponents out with the gumballs and here are your outfits.” He started to hand us our uniforms.
The boys got blue shirts and we got red shirts. He pointed us in the direction of our bases. As we walked to our bases we looked back at Lauren. She was filing her nails on the checkout counter while it was moving. We laughed at her and we got dressed in our base. I was the first one out. I leaned against the wall as I waited for everyone else. Renee was the second one out and Jenny was right behind her. We looked at each other and nodded. We huddled in a circle and talked.
“Do we have any plans?” asked Renee.
I looked at her. “No I don’t think so, not yet anyway.”
Jenny looked at us and said, “How about we just go with the flow and kick the guys’ butts like we always do.”
We all agreed with her. We ran off in opposite directions. Lauren has disappeared again, but we didn’t really care. I walked slowly down the isles. I needed a strategy and fast. I looked around to see no one in sight. I got scared and chills began to run down my backbone. Chris was by the corner of the line of clothes. I quickly hid behind a rack of clothes. Chris saw me and he kept walking closer. I grabbed my slingshot and shot a gumball at him. It missed him. I started to run. He chased after me. I began to shoot all of my gumballs at him. I hid in the rack of clothes waiting. I heard him get closer. “Come find me!” I screamed. I waited for awhile before anything happened. I had no idea what to do so I sat in silence waiting for a chance to strike. I had no more gumballs left. Chris must have left because I didn’t hear anything, so I was scared of what was going to happen next. Alen popped his head through the rack.
“I found you,” he said laughing.
I grabbed his red shirt and twisted it between my fingers. I pulled him closer to me. His warm lips touched mine. Good thing it wasn’t Exzavier who found me first, I thought to myself
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »