How We Happened

Author's note: Obviously, J.K.R's Harry Potter series inspired this fan-fic. I hope that people will just enjoy...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Obviously, J.K.R's Harry Potter series inspired this fan-fic. I hope that people will just enjoy how I think Ron and Hermione ultimately ended up with one another. I've never had a relationship of my own, so I think I should credit all my favorite authors.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next »

New Beginnings

Ron and I appeared on the doorstep of an red brick town house. Ron opened the door and led me in, I let go of his waist and grasped his hand instead. My first thought was that I was back at hogwarts, in the gryffindor commonroom; but hen I relized that the room only had one very large curved couch, a huge fireplace, and the sword of Godric Gryffindor mounted above it. Ron pulled on my hand to break my trance. “come on this place has three more floors!” Ron said, he seemed very excited about showing me his home.
“Sorry,but…” I was extreamly confused, why would a dream verson of Ron show me a hose that probebly didn’t exist?, “ Why are you showing me your house?”
“ ‘Cause what’s mine is your’s,” Ron said happily, “ as long as you want it that is.”
“But this is all a dream isn’t it?” I asked, “ This couldn’t be real! The real Ron hates me, and would never speak to me if he had the chance, because I left him hanging for a year!” I could feel my controll sliping again. “ I was so stupid not to send Winkie to explaine! I should’ve I- I…” I couldn’t say anything else, because Ron had caught me in a huge hug. I didn’t cry, I had burned out my tear ducts earlier.
“Hypothetically speaking,” Ron said sarcastically, “ If this was a dream, would it be your’s or mine? Because I feel insanely happy, no, elated right now.” He said into my hair.
“Mine; because this could never happen in real life Ron hates me.”
“If you were to wake up in this house tomorrow morning,” Ron asked, “would you believe it’s real?”
“Maybe.”
“Then I’m willing to hope.” Ron said. “Come on, I want to show you the rest of the house.” I rolled my eyes and twisted out of his hug. He led me up the first flight of spiral stairs and showed me two guest rooms and a guest bathroom.
“Do I get to pick witch room?” I taunted.
“No I have the perfect place picked out for you.” Ron smiled at me. The last flight of stairs led to a room with another slightly smaller couch and fireplace, it also had big double doors that led on to a balcony. I also noticed the stairs leading to another level. I looked questionably at Ron, “Your room’s up there.” He explained. He grabbed my hand and linked his fingers between mine, they still fit as perfectly as they did a year ago, and led me up the stairs. The bedroom was huge, a master bath, and a gigantic bed. I let go of Ron’s hand and stepped closer. The bed had a crimson comforter, with gold and red accent pillows; it was low to the ground and absolutely perfect. I turned and hugged Ron, “nice try.” I told him.
“What do you mean?” He asked, only just faking confusion. I pulled out of the hug and stood in front of him, arms across my chest, trying to look stern.
“This is your room.” I said; I couldn’t believe he had tried to give me his bed, “I’m not taking it.”
“It’s the comfiest bed in the house.” He explained, “Besides, I want you to stay here for a while.”
“Fine but…” Ok, I’m not finishing that sentence.
“What?” Ron seemed amused.
“It’s your bed,” gulp, “and its large enough for two, no not in that sense Ron.” I added when I saw his expression.
“No problem.” Ron smirked. I had to think about it for a second, until I realized; that was his plan the whole time. Try to give me his bed and I would offer to share it. I shook my head, “You are impossible Ron.” I told him, but his smirk turned into a laugh. “You’ll never know if that was my plan or not.” I aimed a punch at his stomach and he caught my hand and pulled me towards him.
This time I felt the sparks when I touched him, skin on skin, the electricity slowly making its way through my body, and my heart race. I took a deep breath and smelled him his scent, a woodsy, mountain spring, and sharp scent. I felt the silent strength his body held, not in muscles, but still there. And I felt the gentleness that he usually kept hidden, but showed through in the way he held me. The sense of belonging and plain understanding between us. I felt a guitar riff in the back of my head, I knew there was more but Ron interrupted me. I hadn’t realized I was humming.
“What are you humming?”
“Nothing.” Ron could not know I wrote songs.
“No,” Ron was stubborn today, “you were humming something.”
“I wrote songs for a friend for a while,” I explained reluctantly, “Parts of songs come at the weirdest times, like now.”
“Write any songs about me?” Ron asked, actually curios.
“Only all the corny love songs.” I joked, none of them were corny but if he would drop the subject…
“You’ll have to sing me one sometime.” He said, he could tell I wouldn’t any anymore on the subject. I suddenly felt tired; the exhaustion of the day hit me. I yawned and relaxed into Ron a little more. He chuckled, “You look dead on your feet, I’ll give you some time to get ready for bed.”
“Thank you,” I said, I kissed him on the cheek, and headed for the enormous bathroom. I pulled out an unfamiliar pair of pajamas, red and pink flannel pinstripe, and an orange tank top. As I brushed my hair the song ran through my head again. I’ll have to ask Ron if he has a guitar. I went down into the littler sitting room under the master bedroom, and found Ron sitting on the couch, waiting for me. I sat down next to him, and he put an arm around my shoulders. “Thought you were tired?” he asked.
“Yea, but I wanted to come down and say goodnight.” I bushed. Ron pulled me closer and kissed me on the cheek.
“Goodnight then.” He didn’t show any sign of letting me go. So I kissed him back.
‘Goodnight.” I got up and looked over my shoulder, “don’t be too long.” I imagined my face looked very flirty. I sat on the bed and though over my position in life: I have some place to live and someone who likes me. I need a job and money, so if I move out, I can find my own place. I pulled the covers over me and turned out the light, well that can all wait till after I figure out that this was a dream, but I knew that it wasn’t. I heard Ron crawl into bed on the other side of the mattress. I pretended to be asleep, and I felt Ron pull me closer. He fiddled with my hair, and put an arm around me. I felt him put his head next to mine and try to fall asleep. Once I thought that he was asleep I tried to wiggle out and go try to sleep in one of the guest rooms. “Not going to happen Hermione.” He whispered into my ear, and he held me tighter. I thought I heard him whisper something, but I couldn’t make it out. Giving up, I pressed closer to him and fell asleep to his scent, and I heard him groan softly. I can’t live without this.

I woke up the next morning to the sunrise, and Ron’s soft snoring. My face was buried in his chest, so I pulled back and looked up. The sun lit Ron’s hair so it looked like fire, and made his freckles look golden. Just as I was admiring his chest under the crimson top he was wearing, Ron stretched and opened his eyes lazily. I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep, but I didn’t fool him. “Good morning sleepy head,” he told me, “if you don’t want to talk to me I could just leave.”
“No, I just didn’t want you to catch me in my obsessive admiring of your body.” I told the gold accent pillow by my head, Ron laughed.
“Somehow I never thought I’d hear you say that.” He chuckled. I rolled my eyes and sat up, stretching my arms and back, and I felt his eyes on me. “I’m going to go make breakfast,” I told him as I got out of bed, “what do you want?”
“Eggs and bacon.” He answered I had a feeling he wanted more than eggs and bacon; I went down into the kitchen and started to make the eggs. I started the coffee and felt another song coming on, and I don’t know/how it/ gets better than this/ you take my hand and drag me/headfirst/fearless. I continued to hum till Ron came down. “Smells good,” He called as he came down the stairs, “anything I can do to help?” I turned to tell him no, till I realized he didn’t have a shirt on. I was momentarily lost in the way the sun light his chest I turned around and answered, “Nope I’ve got it under control.” Ron came up and sat on the counter next to me. “You sure?” He asked, “I could use the practice.”
“No I’ve got it Ron.”
“Then why are you burning the toast?” Ron smirked. I reached for my wand the same time as Ron reached for the smoking toast.
It was just like one of those times when the hands touched in movies and the love birds kissed, but somehow he had tangled his arm around me. He had to put a hand on the counter to keep himself from falling. It was only when I realized Ron’s shocked face was inches from mine that I could just reach up and kiss him. Before I could take action on the impulse, Ron slid down off the counter and kissed me. Just one soft kiss, so when he pulled away I looked up at him with an eyebrow raised,
“Come on Ron I have seen you snog Lavender.” Wow, I didn’t know I was that brave. Ron touched his lips to mine again, this time he parted my lips, and he softly breathed into my mouth. Oh lord that was amazing, I kissed him back. The electricity raced through my veins, and I pushed my hands up through his sideburns before I linked them around his neck, and pulled myself closer to him. I could feel his hand in my hair, and the other clutching at my waist. I felt him kiss me back and he nuzzled his nose against mine. I giggled something I rarely do. He pulled away, but he kept holding me. “We should probably take care of breakfast before I distract you too much.” Ron smiled. I rolled my eyes and put the eggs and bacon on two plates, and set them on the table. “That’s as far as I’m going at the moment.” I told him. He sat down next to me and ate his eggs. “There’s always the future.” He pointed out.
“I feel sorry for that girl.”
“You might be that girl.”
“Well,” I thought for a moment, “If I’m that girl, I’d hope we were married.”
“That can be arranged.” Ron said, and he shifted uncomfortably in his seat.
“What?”
“Why did you stay on the night bus?” He asked his eggs. I knew this conversation was coming, I just wished it could have waited till later.
“You underestimate your old git of an Aunt.” I looked at Ron, “The spells she put on her property just intensified my want to leave, and made it a need. I was irrational, and under the influence of spells, plus embarrassed out of my mind.”
“Why didn’t you send Winkie?” Ron asked. I was exasperated at his lack of comprehension.
“I was extremely embarrassed Ron, I am a girl you know. And we’re very irrational when we’re embarrassed.” I looked over to see if the conversation would make anything better.
“I think that Harry’s coming.” Ron didn’t give any sign of our recent conversation except for a hint of deep thought. I looked out the window behind me and saw a silver stag; it walked through the wall and said in Harry’s voice, “Coming over to visit, please don’t be snogging.” And the stag disappeared.

This book has 11 comments. Post your own now!

msoledadvc said...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 1:33 am

I fell in love with this book. I must tell you are an excellent writer, and that this book is the nearest to what I thought could happen to them. I've always been so intrigued to know how would their relationship would be like, there's where you come in, with this beautiful story!

It's definately on my favorites, although I don't know how to tag a story as favorite. I love it!

It's the best fan-fiction story I've seen so far in TeenInk. And it may be one of the best fiction I've... (more »)

msoledadvc replied...
Will you write more? Please?

fictionnutt96 replied...
Sorry, I'll keep writing, but not on How We Happened. Thanks for the compliments though!

cassia_b said...
wow you have a really terrific writing style!!!! excellent book and keep writing! :D

emilybwrites said...
wow this was just fabulous and very creative i loved it!!! could you please check out my peom "Forgotten Domain" and some of my other work and comment? it would mean a lot to me!!!

fictionnutt96 replied...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:04 am
Of course! I'm glad you liked it.

Missyninja said...
I really enjoyed it. Very good I really liked how you wrote that. Are you planning on putting up more?

fictionnutt96 replied...
I have lots more I would like to post, but it's finding the time to type it all up I have trouble whith! Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

fictionnutt96 said...
Thanks!     

Xxx B. said...
not to bad

bookworm29 replied...
not to bad??? Is that all u can say?? Its amzing!!! I luv it!