New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

How We Happened

Author's note: Obviously, J.K.R's Harry Potter series inspired this fan-fic. I hope that people will just enjoy...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Obviously, J.K.R's Harry Potter series inspired this fan-fic. I hope that people will just enjoy how I think Ron and Hermione ultimately ended up with one another. I've never had a relationship of my own, so I think I should credit all my favorite authors.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Fate Comes A Knocking

I was writing a song, a new hobby for me, for Molly. Fleur was right Molly is a morpher, and loved to keep her hair blonde, unintentionally like her mom. Molly is also a natural singer, and can change her voice just as well as her appearance. Already talking and learning how to sing. She scrambled up on my lap now, “Auntie, are you finished yet?”
“Not yet, Molly. But almost.”
“Yay!”
“Anyone home?” we heard Bill call out.
“Nope just robbers!” Molly called
Ron is back!! YAY!
back. Bill rounded the corner and scooped her off my lap.
“Well then there are some robbers who look a lot like my daughter and one of my best friends!” He kidded, rubbing his nose against Molly ’s. She was furiously giggling and trying to push him off. “Auntie save me!” I’m like a mom to Molly; Fleur caught an unknown disease shortly after childbirth so I raised her as the loving mother she hasn’t met. I pulled her away from Bill and set her on the couch.
“So what do you two want for dinner?” I called, as I walked away.
“Steak!” Bill called; I could hear Molly cheering in the background. Out of all the things she had inherited from Bill, her love for rare meat was one of them.
“And sweet potatoes!” Molly screeched, still being tickled by her father.
“Ok,” I yelled from the kitchen, “I suppose you’ll want ice cream with that?”
“Yes!”
My family can be very funny. I whipped up dinner and we set on the table. Because Winkie had just gotten home from visiting Fleur, I was privileged enough to be able to make dinner. I though t to myself, they are the only family I have now.
“Winkie is home!” Winkie called from the door
“WINKIE” Yelled Molly and she raced off to meet Winkie. Molly had always liked Winkie and they were very good friends. Winkie came staggering into the kitchen with Molly on her back, looking like a house elf with blonde hair. I heard a loud knock on the door. Bill and I gave each other a quick glance, nobody knew I was here. “Winkie take Molly, and go to George’s.” I said.
“Yes Miss.” And Winkie disappeared, taking with her my somewhat daughter. Bill and I stood up and I put a delusion charm on myself, crouched, and waited. I had told Bill that no one could know that I was here when I had first gotten to shell cottage.
“Hello? Bill? Fleur?” I relaxed a little, because it was Harry, calling out in a careful voice.
“Hermione?!” A different voice called, I knew that voice; I could hear him walking through the house.
“Ron be quiet, what if they’ve been ambushed?” Harry hissed.
“What do you mean what if we’ve been ambushed? What’s going on?” Bill exclaimed and walked to meet them. Harry pointed his wand at Bill’s chest.
“I’m Bill Weasley,” He began, “I was attacked by Greybek the werewolf in his human state, my wife is Fleur Delacour. And my mother doesn’t like my long hair and often threatens to cut it. I also have a one year old daughter.” Bill said proudly, and Harry lowered his wand.
“Blimey Bill, How’d did you manage to keep the fact that you had a daughter from mum?”The other voice said, thumping Bill on the shoulder. I could see them now, Harry slight and green eyed, with black ruffled hair. And, Merlin’s pants, I thought, I must be dreaming. Because Ron couldn’t be standing there, and his blue eyes could not be scanning the house, and it’s impossible for anyone but Ron to look that good. He hadn’t changed much in a year, he was only a little taller and a little bit more muscular…
“Barely, how ya doing Harry?” Bill asked.
“Ok, but we can’t explain right now, not under this circumstance.” Harry explained shaking Bill’s hand.
“Come on Harry, you can tell him,” The delusion of Ron said, “or has auror training made you extra secretive?”
“Fine then,” Bill said ignoring Ron, “so what are you gits here for then?”
“Have you seen or had anything to do with Hermione?” Harry asked, “no one has seen her since the war.” Was it my imagination or did Ron flinch at my name?
“Let’s go outside and talk. I saw her at the Leaky Caldron the night she disappeared. ” Bill said carefully, as he started to walk towards the door. I cursed him inside my head, why did he have to do this to me?
“You go ahead,” Ron said, “I’m goanna scan the house.”I could swear he was looking right at me. I couldn’t breathe; I had made the mistake of looking at his eyes.
“K Ron.” Harry called over his shoulder. Ron hadn’t stopped looking at me, I didn’t breathe. “Humanoid revelous.” Crap, I felt a glowing sense around my body, and Ron had seen it. “Don’t make me lift the charm myself Fleur.” He warned. I clapped my hand over my mouth to keep form giggling, Fleur! I felt Ron lifting the charm, and I put my hand at my side, “shouldn’t I be trying to stop him?” a voice said in the back of my head. I don’t want to I told it, I’m tired if hiding. He either feels the same or he hates me. When Ron had lifted the charm completely, I kept my head bowed, afraid of what I might see.
He didn’t say anything, but I heard something being dropped, and saw his wand roll away. And he just stood there; I could feel his eyes on me. Come on idiot do something, I thought, so I started to raise my eyes to look at him. He didn’t seem patient enough for my slow speed, so he crouched down and put his hand under my chin so he could pull my face up to meet his. We stood up together, and I was relieved to find that he wasn’t looking away, and blue found brown. I saw what I expected, a clear sky blue, with a ring of navy on the outer rim, and felt my bones turning into sponge. But, I was confused to see what else I saw in them, shock, triumph, and something else I couldn’t name. There was no disappointment, or hate, or urge to kill, the distance between us had never felt so small. I started to let the tears that I had held back for a year leak out of the corners of my eyes, and Ron noticed.
I don’t who moved first, but suddenly, I was in his arms, my hands around him, and softly sobbing. I could feel his tears in my hair, his fingers stroking it. Again and again he’d whisper my name. He said it with joy and relief. Now I didn’t care what happened, as long as this dream lasted forever. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes till I mumbled into his chest, “Am I forgiving? You aren’t attacking me with canaries…” That made him laugh, and I looked up at him.
“Wow, didn’t see that coming.” I heard someone, but I didn’t care I just buried my head into Ron’s chest again and tried to block out anything that wasn’t Ron.
“Shut up Harry.” Ron said. He didn’t let go of me, but turned to look at Harry. So I did to.
“Come on Ron,” Harry sighed, “We found her, so we’ve got to get her to a safer place.”
“Fine, I’ll see you later Harry.” Ron said brightly, and whispered to me, “Hold on Hermione.” I tightened my grip on his waist, foolishly lost in thought at how he said my name, and we disappeared.

msoledadvc said...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 1:33 am:

I fell in love with this book. I must tell you are an excellent writer, and that this book is the nearest to what I thought could happen to them. I've always been so intrigued to know how would their relationship would be like, there's where you come in, with this beautiful story!

It's definately on my favorites, although I don't know how to tag a story as favorite. I love it!

It's the best fan-fiction story I've seen so far in TeenInk. And it may be one of the best fiction I've... (more »)

msoledadvc replied...
Jan. 5, 2012 at 2:41 pm :
Will you write more? Please?

fictionnutt96 replied...
May 8, 2012 at 12:45 pm :
Sorry, I'll keep writing, but not on How We Happened. Thanks for the compliments though!

cassia_b said...
wow you have a really terrific writing style!!!! excellent book and keep writing! :D

emilybwrites said...
wow this was just fabulous and very creative i loved it!!! could you please check out my peom "Forgotten Domain" and some of my other work and comment? it would mean a lot to me!!!

fictionnutt96 replied...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:04 am :
Of course! I'm glad you liked it.

MissyninjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 29, 2011 at 11:23 pm:
I really enjoyed it. Very good I really liked how you wrote that. Are you planning on putting up more?

fictionnutt96 replied...
Jun. 30, 2011 at 6:56 pm :
I have lots more I would like to post, but it's finding the time to type it all up I have trouble whith! Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

fictionnutt96 said...
May 15, 2011 at 7:00 pm:
Thanks!     

Xxx B. said...
not to bad

bookworm29 replied...
May 13, 2011 at 10:20 pm :
not to bad??? Is that all u can say?? Its amzing!!! I luv it!