How We Happened

Author's note: Obviously, J.K.R's Harry Potter series inspired this fan-fic. I hope that people will just enjoy...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Obviously, J.K.R's Harry Potter series inspired this fan-fic. I hope that people will just enjoy how I think Ron and Hermione ultimately ended up with one another. I've never had a relationship of my own, so I think I should credit all my favorite authors.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10

The Start of The Rest of Our Lives

“Let’s go out tonight.”
I turned to look at Ron – I was reading a new muggle novel called Twilight, and he was reading Quidditch Monthly- which turned out to be difficult in a hammock.
“What was that?” I asked. Over the past months our relationship had grown, not to obsessive kissing; but, to a higher level of respect and acknowledgement. Mostly we just sat on the couch and cuddled, maybe a soft kiss here and there, but that was it. We were so busy now we didn’t have
Hope you liked it!
time to go out.
“Come on Hermione, let’s go somewhere! I hardly get that kind of time with you anymore. Can’t we just escape into someone else’s life for a while?” Ron exclaimed, he seemed excited, I couldn’t blame him. The National Quidditch Tournament was only a few weeks away, and the Chudley Cannons were playing the Bulgarians. It would be the first time Ron competed against Viktor Krum. Ron still didn’t care for him, especially when Viktor invited me to a party he was holding in Sofia. It was a good luck party for the Quidditch team. He hadn’t known I was seeing Ron; so I wrote back calmly that Ron was playing for the opposite team, and I would be supporting him.
He wrote back claiming that he did not know that Ron was playing on the other team and apologized. He invited the both of us to lunch, along with Harry and Ginny. Ron called my name, jolting me back to the present.
“So, where do you want to go?” He asked.
“Italian sounds good, what about you.”
“I was thinking the same thing; I guess two great minds think alike.” He winked.
Once Ron and I had decided on a restaurant, I put on a nice navy blue dress and met Ron downstairs. I walked down slowly, not wanting to trip over the high-heels that Ginny got for me. Ron had tied his tie correctly today, and was holding my coat. It was still fall and very chilly; I realized that winter wasn’t far off.
Ron looked very handsome, the blue in his tie set off his eyes and his hair.
“Very nice.” I complemented as I approached. He handed me my coat, his eyes traveling up and down my body. His hand still held my hand after I shrugged on my coat. I could feel his breath run down my neck, and his hands trace up my arms. What really set me off was when he slowly nuzzled my neck and kissed me under the jaw.
I twisted in his arms and eagerly found his lips; my hands sought out his shoulders and grabbed them. I loved the way Ron’s shoulders felt, so wide and strong. I felt Ron’s hands creep towards my waist, and I stopped him there. I hadn’t been kissed like that at all, especially not with Ron. I had a feeling that something big was going to happen tonight, but I just wasn’t ready for that type of kissing. I looked up at him, and smiled. I wanted that type of kissing, but not right now.
Ron nodded, as understanding as always. He took my arm and led me out to the car. The drive seemed to only take a few minutes, and we were parked in front of a lake.
“What are we doing here?” I asked Ron, as he opened my door for me.
“I just thought it was a little more charming than a crowded, expensive, restaurant.” He told me, getting a pick nick basket and a blanked out of the back. The creature in my chest was stirring, sensing that something was going to happen. I followed him over to a little gazebo, equipped with a small table and two chairs. I helped set out the things; Ron had brought wine, bread, and salad. He was planning something, especially if he didn’t bring real food. I looked at him quizzically, unsure of his motives.
Ron pulled out one of the chairs for me, and I sat. He sat down opposite of me, trying to hide his nervousness. He poured some wine, and handed me a glass. “To the future.” He smiled, raising his glass. I smiled and we toasted. We snacked for a while before I spoke.
“It’s really nice out tonight,” I said softly, gazing at the moonlit lake. “And the lake looks beautiful.”
“Yeah, it’s ok. Nothing compared to you though.” He said, copying my tone. I blushed, sipping at my wine. “Hermione, can I ask you something?” Ron asked, leaning forward.
“Of course.” I said, my heart beating madly.
“Lately, you’ve been sleeping restlessly, tossing and turning. Is something bothering you?” He asked, taking my hand. I felt my blush deepen. I had been dreaming about the little cabin for the past few months.
“N-no. Just dreaming Ron.” I said, smiling slightly.
“You can tell me you know. Plus, I’m curious.” He laughed. He was trying, but I could still sense his uneasiness.
“I just dream about this little cabin out in a forest.” I said, “Don’t ask me where it is, I don’t even know if it exists.”
“Cabin in a forest eh? Are there elves and fauns too? Maybe a prince charming?” Ron teased.
“Well, I haven’t seen any elves yet. No sign of any fauns. But, prince charming?” I giggled, “Only man I’ve seen is a red haired wizard, with amazing blue eyes. He must’ve put a spell on me, because I find prince charming very distasteful now.”
“Smart wizard.” Ron laughed with me, “He knows that princes are so overrated.”
“I couldn’t agree more.” I chuckled.
We looked at each other for a while, comfortable in our silence. Ron had let his hair grow out, and it was flopping in his eyes. I reached across the table and brushed it to the side, so I could see his eyes better. I removed my hand, nervous again. The creature was defiantly waking up now, stretching inside me. I looked at the lake, watching the moon’s reflection ripple delicately across the black water.
“Hermione.” Ron asked quietly, “Can I ask you something?”
“Of course.” I smiled, turning back to him. I was surprised to find his blue eyes determined, something I only saw before a quidditch match. I immediately felt the creature sniff around, almost awake. Here it comes.
“Do you love me?” He asked smiling.
“You know the answer to that.” I sighed, resting my chin on my hand.
“I still want to hear you say it.” Ron said, reaching for my free hand. I allowed him to play with it, not paying real attention.
“Yes, I love you Ronald Weasley.” I laughed, “You know that as well as I do.” I felt Ron flip over my hand, tracing lines on my palm.
“You have to know by now that I love you as well.” Ron said, “So I’m just going to put it out there.” Ron looked up at me, fear evident in his eyes. Whatever he wanted to say, it scared him to say it.
“I love you Hermione, I love you more than I love quidditch, more than my own family, and you are everything to me. That’s why I’m asking you to marry me.” Ron said, so quickly I almost didn’t understand him. “I love your smile, your laugh, and your eyes when you look at me. I love the way you comfort me when I injured myself at quidditch, the food you cook, the lunches you pack me every day. I can’t imagine my life without you anymore. So please, will you allow me to be your husband?”
I just stared at him, speechless. It was really happening, Ron wanted me for forever. His eyes were hopeful, scared, and so full of pure love that they just might burst. I beamed, and then bit my lip. Joy was bubbling up inside me, threatening to overflow. I felt the same way I did in the room of requirement during the war, when he wanted to save the elves. I realized that I was his since that moment, and I always will be. I was glowing; love and glee fueled the fire that was my absolute joy.
“Yes.” I whispered, unable to put my feelings into any other word. “YES!”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10

This book has 11 comments. Post your own now!

msoledadvc said...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 1:33 am

I fell in love with this book. I must tell you are an excellent writer, and that this book is the nearest to what I thought could happen to them. I've always been so intrigued to know how would their relationship would be like, there's where you come in, with this beautiful story!

It's definately on my favorites, although I don't know how to tag a story as favorite. I love it!

It's the best fan-fiction story I've seen so far in TeenInk. And it may be one of the best fiction I've... (more »)

msoledadvc replied...
Will you write more? Please?

fictionnutt96 replied...
Sorry, I'll keep writing, but not on How We Happened. Thanks for the compliments though!

cassia_b said...
wow you have a really terrific writing style!!!! excellent book and keep writing! :D

emilybwrites said...
wow this was just fabulous and very creative i loved it!!! could you please check out my peom "Forgotten Domain" and some of my other work and comment? it would mean a lot to me!!!

fictionnutt96 replied...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:04 am
Of course! I'm glad you liked it.

Missyninja said...
I really enjoyed it. Very good I really liked how you wrote that. Are you planning on putting up more?

fictionnutt96 replied...
I have lots more I would like to post, but it's finding the time to type it all up I have trouble whith! Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

fictionnutt96 said...
Thanks!     

Xxx B. said...
not to bad

bookworm29 replied...
not to bad??? Is that all u can say?? Its amzing!!! I luv it!