How We Happened

Author's note: Obviously, J.K.R's Harry Potter series inspired this fan-fic. I hope that people will just enjoy...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Obviously, J.K.R's Harry Potter series inspired this fan-fic. I hope that people will just enjoy how I think Ron and Hermione ultimately ended up with one another. I've never had a relationship of my own, so I think I should credit all my favorite authors.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

War's Over

I watched Harry leave the common room with Kreacher and Ginny, up to his dorm to get a sandwich no doubt, when Ron looked at me, “Well, we won’t be seeing them for a while,” he laughed, “I’m going to go see if any of the house elves are willing to make me some cocoa, want to come?”
“Sure, with all the holes blown through, the castle is pretty drafty”
“You’re cold? Here take my cloak.”
“No, Ron.”
I didn’t have much time to protest though, for
It's really breif,I know. I promise more interesting things are in store for Hermione.
Ron had the cloak around me within seconds. He also, without trying to hide it, left an arm around my shoulders. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts, I thought sarcastically, and put my arm around his waist. I still wasn’t so sure about getting back together with Ron; I was going to be on several hit lists. I tried to calm my frantically beating heart, for it gets very excited whenever Ron touches me, for a while until he said, “So… have you thought about what you are doing after all this.” Ron waved his hand at the destruction around him, “Surely you have a plan.”
“No actually, I don’t,” I was dumbfounded at my own stupidity, “Gosh, I never really thought about it!”
“You know you’ve always got a bed and meals at my place.”
“I’ve trespassed on your mum’s hospitality far too much Ron.”
“Come on, you’re like a second daughter to my parents!”
“I know, but I should really find my mum and dad.”
“Not quite sure about that Hermione, there are bound to be death eaters looking for revenge”
I contemplated that, and I knew he was right. The death eaters would try to get to me by capturing and torturing my parents, just one way to avenge their fallen master’s death. Ron, seeing that I had nothing to say, smiled and opened the portrait hole into which the kitchens lie. This part of the castle wasn’t damaged and some of the house elves were just starting to make dinner for anyone left at the school. A house elf came scurrying up to Ron and me with a tray bearing two mugs of hot coca. She looked up and I immediately recognized her. “WINKIE!” I exclaimed. She looked up and seemed to recognize me as well. She spoke, “Miss Granger?”
“How are you Winkie, it’s been a while since I’ve seen you,”
“Winkie is doing well ma’am.” Winkie beamed.
Apparently, Winkie hadn’t found out that Dobby had been killed, I glanced at Ron. It looked like he was thinking the same thing, “Hey, Winkie?”
“Yes sir?”
“Do you have any pumpkin scones already made up? They’d go great with this cocoa!”
“They just came out sir; Winkie will get them for you now sir!” She set down the tray and started yelling for the pumpkin scones to be brought to us at once. Ron chuckled. “She does remind me of Dobby in a weird way, do you think we should get Harry to…” Ron glanced didn’t get to finish his sentence, for Kreacher had just burst into the room. “The Weasleys and friends are too meet at Aunt Muriel’s before noon to get things sorted out, and Mistress Weasley would appreciate if Master Ron would go and dethatch Miss Ginny and Master Harry from each other. Ron was roaring with laughter by the time Kreacher was done, and I was giggling into my hand. “Lead the way Kreacher!” exclaimed Ron, “See you at Aunt Muriel’s Hermione!” Ron called over his shoulder. Winkie came tottering up bearing a tray of scones, “Where is Master Ron going miss?”
“Ron is going ahead and tipping off Harry and Ginny that if they aren’t at Aunt Muriel’s by noon Mrs. Weasley is coming in.”
“Winkie thinks that Mistress Weasley isn’t going to like Master Harry and Miss Ginny together?”
“That or she will like it too much.” I laughed, “Well I’m off, thank you Winkie”
“Miss Granger, may I come with you?” Winkie looked at me hopefully. “It would be like Winkie is not even there.”
“Of course! But remember you’re a free elf and you don’t have to stay…”
“Winkie wants’ to serve Miss Granger so Winkie will!”
“If you must Winkie.” I smiled at her, and we walked out of the castle together.

msoledadvc said...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 1:33 am:

I fell in love with this book. I must tell you are an excellent writer, and that this book is the nearest to what I thought could happen to them. I've always been so intrigued to know how would their relationship would be like, there's where you come in, with this beautiful story!

It's definately on my favorites, although I don't know how to tag a story as favorite. I love it!

It's the best fan-fiction story I've seen so far in TeenInk. And it may be one of the best fiction I've... (more »)

msoledadvc replied...
Jan. 5, 2012 at 2:41 pm :
Will you write more? Please?

fictionnutt96 replied...
May 8, 2012 at 12:45 pm :
Sorry, I'll keep writing, but not on How We Happened. Thanks for the compliments though!

cassia_b said...
wow you have a really terrific writing style!!!! excellent book and keep writing! :D

emilybwrites said...
wow this was just fabulous and very creative i loved it!!! could you please check out my peom "Forgotten Domain" and some of my other work and comment? it would mean a lot to me!!!

fictionnutt96 replied...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 9:04 am :
Of course! I'm glad you liked it.

Missyninja said...
Jun. 29, 2011 at 11:23 pm:
I really enjoyed it. Very good I really liked how you wrote that. Are you planning on putting up more?

fictionnutt96 replied...
Jun. 30, 2011 at 6:56 pm :
I have lots more I would like to post, but it's finding the time to type it all up I have trouble whith! Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

fictionnutt96 said...
May 15, 2011 at 7:00 pm:
Thanks!     

Xxx B. said...
not to bad

bookworm29 replied...
May 13, 2011 at 10:20 pm :
not to bad??? Is that all u can say?? Its amzing!!! I luv it!