Robert Lawrence: 00017; Heist

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

Hunting an Assassin

Without a second thought, Robert whips out his standard issue MI6 Flying V Satellite remote operating system. Thinking back to his days at the BCE Academy, Robert remembers three months ago when the Flying V Satellite (a military prototype approved by the Minister of Defense and Queen Elizabeth for anti-terrorist units equipped with an automatic terrorist detection system, eagle-eye locating systems, and has immediate access to all of the intelligence servers around the world) was announced in orbit to the BCE Academy. All students were required to take five classes on the remote operating systems that all MI6 field agents are provided with. Robert excelled in these classes and took additional classes to learn alternative uses of the satellite. As Robert punches the buttons on the screen, he carefully remembers what his technology teacher taught him. After he inputs the passcodes to access the satellite, the monitor benignly states, “Welcome, 00017, to the Flying V Satellite Database. What are my instructions?”
“Find Henrik, Kolfner. Last spotted leaving the Café Berlin,” Robert commands in a clear voice.
“Searching for location. Please standby for directions.” On the screen, an image of the Earth appears and then the satellite zooms into Berlin. The view switches to infra-red and shows Kolfner’s face on the face recognition side of the screen. “Turn left after leaving the café entrance. Stay on the same route for 0.3 miles. Head down the alley to your right until coming to the employee entrance of the Berlin Westin Grand Hotel. Your target is currently in room 143 on the third floor.” The Flying V Satellite remote operating system repeats the directions until Robert powers down the machine. Standing before him is a metal door with faded red paint and a crooked sign that reads ‘Westin Personnel Entrance Only.’ In addition, where a doorknob should be, a shimmering steel key pad, with a miniscule screen above it, rested. Robert stands bewildered in the dark, unkempt alley filled with dumpsters, as he did not expect this. In his mind, Robert replays the conversation between Henrik Kolfner and his associate, “There is a Heist substation for emergency use, equipped with almost every weapon you can think of, in Room 143 at the Berlin Westin Grand Hotel. To secretly access the substation, we use the employee entrance to quickly get to the service elevator. The code is…I believe… 72452.” As fast as possible, Robert enters the code that Henrik had said, opens the door, and approaches the service elevator. Once he reaches the third floor, he whips out his silenced Walther PPK. After plundering an all access key from the a house keeping cart, Robert furtively moves to Room 143. Somehow, Henrik hears Robert and grabs a Desert Eagle just as Robert is passing through the threshold. Simultaneously the automatic weapons fire.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

emilybwrites said...
this was great! please check out my poems "Forgotten Domain" and "Cumulus Prison" and comment/rate them. im dying for feedback!

Sailors3 said...
A thorough commentary on a popular subject (with me). It has peaked my interest and I will definitely follow mbrown's advice to read this book.