Robert Lawrence: 00017; Heist

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Surveying an Assassin

After landing in Berlin, a German taxi takes Robert to the Marriot Hotel. Robert checks in under the name Stevenson. Once Robert steps into his room, he wastes no time in preparing his gadgets. He jams his pen, his watch, his phone, and a handheld scope into his pockets, and loads his Walther PPK, after screwing on a silencer. Robert leaves his suite and climbs the emergency exit staircase two floors up. Then he furtively enters a room that a maid left open while she is on break. To his good fortune, this suite has a loft which Robert steps onto, and using the cable-shooting capability in his pen, he climbs to the roof.
The pen cable recoils automatically, while Robert takes out his scope and scans the area for Kolfner. MI6 intelligence reports concluded that Kolfner was to meet at 1:30 P.M. at the Café Berlin to meet with a potential business associate. However, Robert is completely bewildered when Kolfner pulls out a manila folder that, through the scope, reads ‘Heist: Top Secret’. Back at the BCE Academy, Robert’s technology professor, who also works at MI6, proudly told him that James Bond had extinguished Heist with no survivors. Still confused, Robert presses the button on the side of his watch that says ‘audio transmitter’ and points it at where Kolfner is sitting. Robert hears Kolfner say, “Hallo, wie gaht es ihnen... Ich weib, dqssich Deutschland verlovea in der Waltasse a vah night glauben kann...” Which in English translates to, “Hello, how are you... I know I cannot believe Germany lost in the World Cup either... Anyway, as I was telling you another time, I used to work alone, but now I work for Heist. Heist was almost annihilated if Frank Charleston, had not survived the bullet from MI6 and revamped the organization. Unfortunately, Frank died from that bullet in his brain, three days ago. Now Rai Norfolk, is the head of Heist.” Robert cuts the feed, and is unsure what to do about the modified Heist working unknown, but twice as lethal to the world.

emilybwrites said...
this was great! please check out my poems "Forgotten Domain" and "Cumulus Prison" and comment/rate them. im dying for feedback!

Sailors3 said...
A thorough commentary on a popular subject (with me). It has peaked my interest and I will definitely follow mbrown's advice to read this book.