Robert Lawrence: 00017; Heist

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

CISOD

When Robert makes it to the elevator, he reads the map above the control panel and sees that CISOD Command is on level 11. Upon reaching floor 11, Robert is awestruck by everything that it is happening. People are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Through the congestion, Robert makes out a conference room off to the left, an extremely high tech surveillance room in the center, about twenty LCD television screens, and about thirty desks, spread throughout, with state of the art technology resting on them. A small woman with a white blouse and a gray skirt comes up to Robert and asks, “Excuse me, sir, are you Mr. Lawrence?” Robert shakes his head, showing the woman his ID badge. The woman continues, “Mr. Richardson is expecting
you. Please follow me.” She leads Robert to the high tech surveillance room where John Richardson, the CISOD Director, has been waiting for his arrival. Mr. Richardson makes small talk with Robert before he plummets into the real intention of their meeting. The CISOD Director says, “Well Mr. Lawrence, I would love to talk spy stories all day long, but we must get down to business. I assume M has already spoken to you about how you cannot be part of CISOD until you have passed a field assessment. Unfortunately, the assassin Henrik Kolfner has just popped back onto the grid.” Simultaneously, Kolfner’s picture appears on a large plasma screen, replacing the MI6 logo, with information about him. The Director adds, “Your mission and field assessment will be to survey Henrik Kolfner and find out where his base of communications is and, if given the opportunity, to kill Kolfner. Kolfner works alone. He was last seen in Berlin entering the Hyatt hotel. His most popular weapons are a silenced USP-45 pistol and a tactical knife. Though he works alone, he is one of the most feared assassins in the world, his most famous murder being the killing of the Polish President.”
Robert, partially confused, asks, “Wait, wasn’t Lech Kaczynski killed in a tragic plane crash in Russia?”
The CISOD Director responds, “Well, it was reported to the media, that the president was killed in a plane crash along with his associates and other major leaders, however, he was really at his home, a sitting duck, when Kolfner killed him. His associates were on the plane that actually crashed, however, making it a perfect cover for the hostile situation. So work with extreme care and precision once you reach Germany. After you report to Q for gadgetry, you will be driven to the airport. Oh and welcome to CISOD, 00017.”
Q works one floor down from CISOD, and he is also expecting 00017. When Robert arrives, Q gets right down to business explaining all of the functions of a modified cell phone, watch, and pen. In addition, Robert is given a Walther PPK pistol.
His cover for the mission is Willard Stevenson, a CEO of a corporate hedge fund in New York City. Finally, Q says, “00017, I hope we can get off to a good start with bringing back the gadgetry I give you, unlike your father.”
Robert responds, “I’ll try my best Q,” and leaves to catch his ride to Heathrow International Airport.

emilybwrites said...
this was great! please check out my poems "Forgotten Domain" and "Cumulus Prison" and comment/rate them. im dying for feedback!

Sailors3 said...
A thorough commentary on a popular subject (with me). It has peaked my interest and I will definitely follow mbrown's advice to read this book.