Robert Lawrence: 00017; Heist

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Meeting with M

After the graduation ceremony, MI6 agents waste no time in following their instructions to escort Robert to MI6 Headquarters. First, Robert is escorted through the congested crowd to three obsidian black SUVs. When all of the doors are shut, the three massive trucks move in unison away from the beautiful campus of the BCE Academy. The agents in the SUV with Robert are as silent as snakes when stalking their prey. Not a word is exchanged until they reach the main gate of MI6 Headquarters, where the largest of the agents benignly states, “M is waiting for you on the 23rd Floor. Use this ID badge to get past the three security stations. Good luck Mr. Lawrence.”
Robert returns, “Thank you for your help gentleman,” and takes the ID badge as he leaves the SUV. With great anxiousness, he moves toward the colossal marble building. When Robert makes it to M’s office, M’s secretary, Ms. Moneypenny, is waiting outside arguing with a man on the phone. Ms. Moneypenny puts her index finger up, signaling for Robert to wait a minute. After ten minutes, she finishes her very loud and enthusiastic conversation, and asks Robert who he is and if he has an appointment? However, as she is saying this, M comes out with the Prime Minister and bids the Prime Minister good day. M invites Robert into his office explaining, “We have been expecting you Mr. Lawrence.” Once they are both seated, M continues, “Well, it sure is a marvelous day out, isn’t it? My apologies for interrupting your graduation celebration. By the way, Mr. Lawrence, I have skimmed over your transcript and must say it is impeccable. We have not received anyone this good, from BCE, since, well, your father. I also took the liberty of seeing which division you applied for, and am pleased to possibly have an addition to CISOD (Covert International Special Operations Division) as it is dwindling in numbers. For more good news, as a result of your incredible standards, only one field evaluation will be necessary for you to officially be an operative of MI6. How soon will you be ready?”
Tentatively, Robert adds, “I can be ready today.”
M exclaims, “Marvelous. You can report to CISOD Command for further instructions.” As Robert is getting up to leave and thank her, M explains, “Oh, and Mr. Lawrence, there is also the matter of your agent codename. Members of CISOD usually start with 000 and then we add the last two digits or digit. You will be...00017, alright? Have nice day Mr. Lawrence,” M says with a smile.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

emilybwrites said...
this was great! please check out my poems "Forgotten Domain" and "Cumulus Prison" and comment/rate them. im dying for feedback!

Sailors3 said...
A thorough commentary on a popular subject (with me). It has peaked my interest and I will definitely follow mbrown's advice to read this book.