New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

HARRY POTTER CONTINUED

Author's note: I was inspired by J.K. Rowling to write this piece.
Author's note: I was inspired by J.K. Rowling to write this piece.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33 Next »

Hagrid's Giant Gift

A few days later, the four of them had a whole night to themselves.
“Blimey. Can’t believe all this. I mean…I dunno…just everything that happened. Seems like it all happened in a blur…” Ron said, gazing at the floor. His hands were entwined with Hermione’s.
“Yeah.” Harry reflected thoughtfully.
The Weasleys were now on their way to a muggle opera. Mr. Weasley practically had to force them out the door. Out of all of them, only Mr. Weasley and Percy seemed interested in going.
“Dad probably wouldn’t notice if we left halfway through the opera, Xiyin.” George laughed. “Or worst comes to worst, we could Confound him.”
Xiyin threw back her hair and her silky black hair reflected in the light.
“Oh, hush up!” Mrs. Weasley scolded gently.
But, they soon left and the house was quiet once again.
“Harry,” Hermione started. “Do you think that you’d take up the offer of being an Auror?”
“There’s not really a point anymore, since Voldemort’s gone.” Ginny said confidently.
“Mr. Weasley said that the Aurors still have important jobs. Clean up after…everything. Still have to catch a few more Death Eaters. Heard that the Goblins were trying to reclaim everything that they made. All the Death Eater’s stolen possessions are being stolen by the Goblins. The Aurors have a big job of protecting the treasures from those greedy Goblins.”
“Griphook’s trying to reclaim all the things he made personally. Mental.” Ron said, making a face.
“Oh, Griphook is just trying to take back what is rightfully his. That’s no crime.” Hermione said indignantly.
“Bringing back the whole S.P.E.W. thing, Hermione? Except this time with Goblins?” Ron joked.
Hermione turned red. “I am not. I’m just being optimistic of the whole situation.”
“Yeah. Dumbledore said that Goblins were always the greedier, nastier breed. Not too honest.” Harry said quietly. He swallowed his sadness.
Harry missed Dumbledore. He and Ginny went to Hogwarts a couple of times after their honeymoon. Harry had spent hours talking to Dumbledore’s picture frame. They conversed like old friends. Harry also asked Dumbledore for a lot of advice.
Dumbledore never lost that twinkle in his eyes.
“Ron.” Hermione said, bringing Harry back to the present. “What do you plan on doing as a living?” She raised her eyebrows.
“I dunno…never thought of it, really…a decent job…not too much work…a lot of galleons, though.” Ginny and Hermione rolled their eyes simultaneously and Harry laughed.
Suddenly there was a loud bang and then a dull thud.
Ron and Harry jumped to their feet, whipping out their wands and pointing it at the door.
“Who’s there?” Ron called out loudly.
“Oof! Ouch, yeh great oaf o’ a-” Came the muffled sound. There were more loud thumps and then it was silent.
The four watched the door with wary eyes.
“Harry?” Came the nervous voice from outside.
Ron and Harry exchanged looks.
“Is that who I think it is…” Hermione trailed away, a smile lighting up her face. Without warning she ran to the door and flung it open wide.
“Hermione!” Ron shouted.
“Come back Her-” Harry started.
“Hagrid!” Hermione squealed.
Hermione was already halfway across the front heading towards a large mass of dark. The three of them ran after her.
“Hagrid? Back so soon?” Ron said, a look of relief washing over his face.
“Good ter see you lot ‘gain!” Hagrid’s face was shiny and red and he was panting. “Got a lil’ problem…”
Suddenly, they noticed the giant shadow covering all of them. Slowly, they looked up, afraid to look.
“Grawp.” Ron said in a strangled whisper.
Hermione involuntarily took a step back and Ron clutched her hand tightly.
Hagrid looked slightly guilty.
“Hagrid what’s he…it…doing here? If mum sees this she’ll have kittens…” Ginny took a step back as Grawp stumbled nearer to the group.
“Er, well, I thought maybe yeh all would consider watchin’ o’er him fer a while. I got ter take care o’ some…er…stuff…” Hagrid’s eyes turned pleading.
The four of them were thinking the same exact thing. Even if they agreed to take care of Grawp, where would they put him?
“Hagrid, what ‘stuff’ exactly?” Hermione asked suspiciously. “You’re not doing anything illegal are you? It’d be extremely stupid-”
“No! No! Nothin’ illegal, ‘course. Dunno why yeh would think that.” Hagrid scoffed sheepishly. “But anyway, can’t stay long. Got ter go take care of business…soon.”
Harry looked up at Grawp, then at Hagrid.
“Sure. We’ll look after him.” Harry said. Ron looked at him as if he had grown two more heads.
“Harry, are you mental? You want this…this…giant around when mum comes home-” Ron sputtered.
“We’ll look after him as long as there’s a time limit. We’re not going to be dragging him around everywhere for the rest of our lives, Hagrid.”
“Yeah, yeah, un’erstand, un’erstand. Don’ worry yerself, Harry. I’ll be back soon. As soon as possible…”
“As soon as possible? Like, for the next thirty years?”
“Oh be quiet, Ron. You just don’t want mum to freak out when she sees him.” Ginny snapped. “I think it’s great that this…um…I mean…Grawp is here to stay with us.”
“Yes.” Hermione continued brightly. “We could teach him proper manners and then-”
“As if anyone would have the patience to teach him.” Ron scoffed angrily.
“I would!” Hermione said defiantly, throwing him a glare. Harry and Ginny exchanged worried glances.
They were only married this day and already they were fighting? Harry knew that their bickering was only temporary and very frequent. Ginny, however, expressed her concerns about the matter later.
“Thank yer all. Means ‘lots to me, yeh know.” Hagrid wiped a stray tear from his eye. “But, er, I’d be’r be off ter business-”
“Hagrid, why won’t you tell us what it is?” Harry asked again, persistently.
“Top secret! Professor McGonagall trusted me to do this all by me’ self.” Hagrid said proudly.
“Alright, fine. Don’t tell us.” Hermione pouted. She snuck a smile to Harry.
“Aw, Hermione, yeh know I can’t tell. Don’ look that way.” Hagrid paused, then reconsidered. “Fine,” Hagrid whispered gruffly. “I’ll tell yer lot. It…it…” Hagrid stopped to make sure nobody was listening. “It involves a couple ‘o Death Eaters. And…well…er, giants. That’s all I’m going ter say. Now, I have ter go. I’ll see you all la’er-And DON’T TELL A SINGLE SOUL OR I’LL…I’LL…er…”
Hagrid stopped. Nodded to all of them, and disapparated with a loud crack.
In the short silence, Grawp sat down on the ground with a loud plop, causing the Burrow to lift up in the air for a split second, then fall back onto the earth. He scratched his head and played with a stray garden gnome that happened to cross his path. The gnome squealed in terror and tried to run away. Grawp lifted him in the air, close to his eyes, and started to tickle the gnome. In between shouts of anger, the little garden gnome laughed and giggled.
The four young adults laughed at the sight and started to head back.
“What about Grawp?” Ginny asked.
“What about him? He can stay out there if he wants or he can wander somewhere. He won’t get hurt. He might trip his own feet though.” Ron said carelessly.
“Really, Ronald.” Hermione said impatiently, putting her hands on her hips and suggesting an image that looked a lot like Mrs. Weasley when she was angry. “You ought to have a bit more compassion for these creatures! Grawp should have a nice bed, some shelter, and…and…maybe some toys.” Hermione finished with an air of dignity.
“Okay. Stay out here all night fixing up a nice little home for a nice little GIANT.” Ron huffed. He trudged back up the hill to the Burrow. Harry followed him with a backward glance at Hermione. Ginny stayed.
“You know, Ron’s only mad that you’d rather stay out here making a shelter for Grawp rather than go inside to spend some…ah… ‘quality time’ with him.” Ginny said briefly, winking.
Hermione sputtered for a moment and before she could say anything, Ginny quickly went back to the Burrow, laughing.
Once the three of them were back inside, Ron glanced through the window to see Hermione performing unusual, difficult enchantments to create a large structure for Grawp. A mattress and several odd trinkets appeared in the air and into the structure. Hermione raised her hand, her wand, and mouthed a very long sentence.
Ron pretended to be sitting on the couch when Hermione came back in, slightly breathless.
“I’ve got all the enchantments on. Grawpy won’t be able to move away from the structure except when I allow it, and I’ve put of reinforces around the Burrow so he couldn’t break the house.”
“Grawpy? Since when have you given him a pet name?” Ron said, mystified and angry.
“You’re just jealous that I haven’t made up a name for you-”
Ron blushed red and said, “Why would I want a bloody name-” He started to go up the stairs.
“Oh shut up, you two!” Harry shouted, tired of their stupid arguments.
Hermione followed Ron up the stairs, who was shouting nobly the whole way.
Ron stayed silent while Hermione lectured and scolded him for all his wrongs.
Just keep silent and she’ll stop…eventually…
Finally, Hermione finished her award-winning speech. They were silent for a moment as they both looked up at the dark ceiling, exhausted.
“Sorry I-”
“I don’t-”
Hermione and Ron started at the same time.
Even through the thick darkness, Hermione could make out a thin blush.
“Go on, say it first.” Hermione said.
“No…it’s okay. You go first.”
“Just go!” Hermione said, exasperated.
“Alright, alright.” Ron mumbled.
Silence.
“Ron?”
“Okay, okay…so…er, well it’s just that…I dunno how to putt his exactly but…Grawp…I don’t…ruin…giant…name…pet…you…us…er…”
“Ronald, is it this difficult to say what you want to say?”
Ron took a breath. “IthinkyouspendtoomuchtimewithotherthingswellactuallyworryingaboutotherthingsratherthanspendingyourtimeonmeifyouknowwhatIamtryingtosay.”
“What…did you say? Sorry, missed it.”
“I…I…can’t repeat it.”
“Well, why not?” Hermione exclaimed.
“Just…can’t. Too…hard. Going to bed.” With that Ron turned over. He stayed awake though long after Hermione had shrugged and gone to bed.
Ron though things over for a long time.
Normally, this would’ve been our honeymoon time. But, of course, mum wanted us to stay a bit before going. So, naturally, Hermione would be concerned with other things, right? Not a sin. Stop being like this. Hermione’ll never want to stay here if you keep this up. Maybe she is better off with Krum after all…famous quidditch player, good looking, nice…Why didn’t I ask Hermione to the Yule Ball when I had the chance? I knew that she wanted me to ask her. I was too preoccupied with Harry getting all the attention…maybe if we went to the Yule Ball, we would’ve been together a lot longer. Maybe even past the stage we’re at now. Stupid git, Ron. You had to go and ruin your chances. Think, if you were a girl, would you stay with me or go off into the sunset with Krum. Answers, obvious, mate. Krum. Unless you were stupid enough to not see the difference. Me or Krum. Maybe Hermione is stupid or something. Or maybe she lost her vision. Dunno why she would…
After some hard thinking, Ron fell fast asleep, dreaming of quidditch and bushy brown hair.

Stephenking2 said...
Mar. 7 at 5:10 pm:
awesome book  

TeardropsInAprilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 7 at 7:23 pm :
Thanks so much XD

Tman2 said...
 Love book read perfect world by me and comment

Tman2 replied...
Dec. 5, 2013 at 5:04 pm :
love hp too  

Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:53 pm :
I'll check it out(:

SmileForeverandAlways said...
I told my friends about your story and they absoultly love it! We`re all Harry Potter fans!

Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:46 pm :
AWWWW :D That's so nice!! Thank you!!! :)

TswiftFanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:05 am:
oh my gawd!! you have done an outstanding job!! this is so amazing! i loved every last detail of this book. continue writting more(:

Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:32 am :
Aww thank you so much!! :) I will, I've just been so busy lol But thanks!!! XD

Elizabeth C. said...
Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:28 am:
Very nice ! Thank you for sharing this! Sooo entertaining !

Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:08 pm :
Thanks so much Elizabeth-thanks YOU for reading it :)

Kellsey C. said...
Definatly finish it! I wouldn't mind the different story line except for the fact that it was left incomplete. You have an amazing knowledge of Harry Potter and incredible writing skills in general, I can't wait to read more!

Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:02 am :
Hey Kellsey! Thanks so much, I've been so busy lately I haven't been able to squeeze any writing time in-but I know that is no excuse! :) I hope you DO keep reading....this was a god reminder to start writing again!!! 

Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:02 am :
good* (typo)

C.DuncanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:49 pm:
Honestly I liked your twist on the story because none saw it coming. I know that the previous comments were pretty negative and I didn't like that too much. but honestly you have a fantastic imagination and writing ability and I enjoyed reading the story very much. keep writing and don't let negative comments phase you in any way. :)

Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:51 am :
Thank you so much! And though they were pretty negative, I appreciate all forms of criticism. It makes me a better writer. :) Thanks again!!!

BlazeRayn said...
Jun. 10, 2013 at 6:51 pm:
Good writing. But, one word: WHY??? Harry and Hermione together is the one thing that I hate the most. I HATE it when people put them together. And then Zenrir? I feel like he was just there... to be there. There wasnt much point in him, really. And, Harry is a much better person than you made him out to be. He would NEVER forget his wife Ginny and his son to be with Hermione and make love with Hermione EVERY NIGHT. Hermione would never do that either. I do, however, like what you did with Draco... (more »)

Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:51 am :
Hi there! Thanks for your feedback. I'll take your opinions into consideration. 

101929 said...
lots of dialogue! good tho!

Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:41 pm :
Thanks! :)