HARRY POTTER CONTINUED

Author's note: I was inspired by J.K. Rowling to write this piece.
Author's note: I was inspired by J.K. Rowling to write this piece.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33 Next »

Part 2-Ron

Part 2-Ron

(Insert “Teenage Dream”-Katy Perry)
It was the night after Harry and Ginny left for their honeymoon. After three weeks of deep thinking, Ron finally decided to try and at least hint that he wanted to propose to Hermione.
They were lying in bed, they started this months ago, when Ron took a deep breath. Here goes nothing…
“Hermione…I wanted to ask you…if well…I dunno…if, you know…ifyoulikedkidsandwantedtogetmarried.”
Hermione stirred. She as on the verge of falling asleep and she didn’t seem to hear him.
“What did you say?” She asked, yawning and turning over to her side.
“Ifyouwatedtogetmarriedsometime. I mean, I’m not saying to me or anything…just asking, you know, ‘cause Harry ad Ginny are together and everything…so…I was just wondering if…well, yeah. What I just said.”
When Ron got no answer he turned to Hermione’s curled form next to him. She was sleeping. A small smile as upon her face and her breathing was soft and even. Her hair was spread out across the pillow. He reached down and brushed a lock away from her face. Hermione looked so vulnerable, so peaceful when she was sleeping.
“Roonil…Waz…lib…” Hermione muttered suddenly. Ron almost jumped a foot in the air. The he smiled, as she had just said the name that he wrote in his Potions book during fifth year at Hogwarts.
Hermione just said my name! Ron thought proudly. Well, not my real name, but close enough.
Ron gently caressed her smooth cheek as he considered who to ask for advice. Definitely not George, he wouldn’t be able to keep the secret. Mum? No, too obvious. Probably Dad then. He’ll know what to do.
So it was decided. He would ask advice from his dad first thing in the morning. Ron smiled, kissed Hermione lightly on the cheek, then curled up next to Hermione’s form.
“I’m too busy right now, Ron. Some other time.” Mr. Weasley said when Ron had come barging in early in the morning ready for some hard-core advice.
“Dad, it’s important!”
“I have ministry stuff to do right now! Don’t bother me.”
“Fine!” Ron stormed off. Dad was his only chance. He could talk to Harry through owl post, but he was afraid that Ginny would intercept the mail.
It seemed like he would have to plan this one on his own.
“Mornin’ Hermione.” Chorused George and Xiyin, when she sat down at the table.
(Insert “Love Like Woe”-The Ready Set)
“Good morning!” Hermione said cheerfully.
Ron didn’t say anything, looking at her intently. When should I do it? This week would be way too soon. But months would be too long. He decided that he would do it when the time was right. Ah, Hermione. She is so beautiful. Especially when she just wakes up. Her hair is always a little tousled and her eyes sleepy. He couldn’t believe that he had ever tried to make her jealous by going out with Lavender Brown. Now, it seemed childish and stupid. Ron never told anyone that he actually liked it when Hermione was mad at him. Her frowns were extremely endearing. He could look at her all day…
“Ron, are you okay?” Hermione asked, looking suspicious. “What are you staring at?” She raised her eyebrows.
Ron snapped out of his daydreams and answered, “I’m not staring at anything.” Ron looked down and blushed.
“Ron, are you sure you’re okay?” Hermione asked, her sweet voice questioning.
At this moment, Mr. Weasley cleared his throat loudly and finished his coffee. He then left the table throwing George and Xiyin a look. They took the hint immediately and claimed they really wanted to see the backyard.
When they left, Hermione came over to the other side of the table and brushed hair from Ron’s eyes. She thought Ron looked so adorable when he blushed, but of course would never say so.
“Ron what’s wrong?”
“Nothing, Hermione. Really, nothing.”
“Well, we’re not going to hang around the house all day. Do you want to go somewhere?” Hermione took his hand.
“Yeah…erm, we could go to…uh, Luna’s place?” He ended awkwardly.
“I was thinking something more…well just the two of us, I mean? Harry’s wedding took up a lot of our time. We never really had any time alone…”
Ron was about to point out at every night they were alone, but thought the better of it. He could see what she wanted. It was exactly what Harry had done. He had taken Ginny on several ‘outings’ basically all over the world. Harry came back all sorts of stories.
And Ron? Ron didn’t know what to do. He was clueless. He silently cursed his dad for not giving him advice over the breakfast table before Hermione came down.
“Well…I guess we could go-”
“Why don’t we go to the forest where we were when we were hiding out?” Hermione’s eyes were wide with longing.
“There? Why there?” Ron personally had many memories there that he did not want to think about.
“Just because. I think it’ll be fun! I’ll get dressed while you go tell Mr. Weasley.” She kissed him enthusiastically then disapparted up the stairs. Wow she must be really in a hurry, Ron thought. Hermione never uses disapparation anywhere within walking distance.
Hesitantly, Ron went to his father’s office. More a workplace really. All his muggle baubles were lying across the floor.
“Um, dad? Hermione and I…we’re going to the Forest of Dean…”
“Oh, okay George have fun.” Mr. Weasley said not looking up.
“No, it’s me, not George.”
Mr. Weasley looked up. “Oh! I’m sorry Ron! Well have fun and don’t do anything silly. And always the golden rule, don’t force a girl to do anything she doesn’t want. That’s what my dear mum told me when I was exactly your age.” Mr. Weasley grinned and went back to cutting some wires.
“Dad, what’s that supposed to mean?” Ron said angrily. Mr. Weasley merely smiled and didn’t answer. Of course, Ron knew exactly what he was talking about. He was still blushing scarlet when he and Hermione left the Burrow.
They bumped into George and Xiyin laughing about something.
“Oh, hi Hermione. Hi Ron. Enjoy your walk in the woods!” George laughed.
“Ready? One…two…three…” With a pop, the pair disapparated to the Forest of Dean.
“Ah…all the happy memories. Us getting caught by snatchers and me walking away from you lot.”
“Ron don’t be like that. We understood what you were going through.”
“No you didn’t. Harry sure didn’t either!”
“Well…he was only trying to…”
“Forget it Hermione.”
Hermione frowned a little and stepped away from Ron.
“Why are you so moody these days?”
Moody? Ron didn’t know what Hermione was talking about. He was cheerful the whole time.
(Insert “Apologize”-One Republic)
“Ron, for weeks you’ve had this silent…I don’t know…this silent thing about you. Ron, are you not telling me something?” Hermione stepped close and searched his eyes. Ron had to look down. Sometimes Hermione was really too smart for her own good.
“No.” He mumbled. No way. He couldn’t propose now! But some part was telling him that this as the perfect time. The other part said that he should somehow make up an excuse.
Hermione took both hands into hers. Her eyes were about inches away. Then, she steped back and took a breath.
“Ron…if you…well…I can’t properly put this…Ron…” Hermione seemed at lost for words. Ron stood there, waiting patiently.
“Well, Ron, if you need to tell, I can take it. Just say it now.” Hermione wouldn’t meet his eyes.
What was she talking about? Say what? I hope she doesn’t know about the proposing thing. Maybe I said it in my sleep. Couldn’t be, otherwise she wouldn’t look so downcast. Take it? Does she think I’m going to throw a punch at her or something?
“Hermione…I…I don’t know how to do this right…but…” Every sign warned me not to say it now. It wasn’t the right time. But, she probably wants me to propose now. Otherwise she wouldn’t have take me all the way out here.
“Alright, alright. I’ll tell you. It’s because…”
“WAIT! DON’T SAY IT YET! I NEED A MOMENT…” Hermione was sniffing and she was blinking back tears.
Ron was bewildered. Why is she crying? Of all times, cry right before I’m about to propose?!
“Hermione…” He reached out, but she leapt away.
“I understand, Ron. Really I do. But, please tell me who it is. I know. I promise I won’t go and yell at her or anything of the sort.”
What? Who’s her?
“Hermione, I’m sorry…I don’t get-”
“FINE! Don’t tell me who the girl is. I don’t care anymore.” Hermione plopped down on the snow bank, and sniffed into her lap. Tears were falling steadily now. Ron sat down next to her.
“Hermione please tell me what’s going on.”
“Ronald Weasley you still have the nerve to ask me what’s going on?”
“Well…yeah.”
“Fine. I’ll say it. I’ll say it all, thought I’d rather you said it and been truthful with me!”
“Wait, truthful? But-”
Hermione held up a hand, her eyebrows scrunched angrily.
“If you had told me earlier, I would have understood. After all, you’ve been with me for the last seven years. I know it’s…natural for you to be attracted to…to someone prettier…a little more air-headed…I wouldn’t have been angry if you told me, Ron. But I understand. She is quite pretty, to be honest. And I know how you feel about her so…alright…I guess then…that’s okay…leave me alone…” She was sobbing loudly now. She turned and started to scramble up the snow bank. Small white snowflakes started falling and the sky turned silver.
Ron quickly grabbed her arm before she could disapparate.
“Hermione I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.”
“Oh yes you do Ronald Weasley there’s no point in lying to me now. I saw the letter from that scruffy poor barn owl-”
“Letter? What letter?”
“THE LETTER FROM LAVENDER BROWN! DON’T THINK THAT I AM SOME IDIOT THAT-”
Ron silenced her with a long, hard kiss straight on the mouth. The snowflakes danced around them and some gently landed on Hermione’s lowered lashes. She blinked hard and her eyes were confused.
Ron tried to speak through the kisses.
“I…never…knew…about…the letter…Hermione…I…think…that…you’re…the most…beautiful…girl…witch…that I’ve…ever…met…”
Hermione pulled away gently. “Do you mean it? Do you, truly?” Her eyes showed the love and devotion that Ron had never seen before.
“With all my heart.”

They walked along the frozen river for a while. Hermione told Ron what the letter was about.
“Lavender said that she misses you, Ron. On the paper were actual drops. Actual tears! She said that she hoped you ‘haven’t caught the eye of some curvaceous blond’ and that when she was with you, it ‘was the best moments of her life’. Ron, she even said that she…she wanted marry you.”
“I would never marry-”
“I know but she seemed so serious about it. And…well…” Hermione turned red. “It seemed like you were corresponding with her too.”
“I was never-”
“I know, I know. But I was really scared at first. And I even told myself that you probably haven’t seen it yet.”
“I never did see-”
“I know! But then you got all distant and quiet. I thought that…well I kind of thought that you wanted to be with Lavender instead of…me.” Hermione’s voice got quiet and small.
“I would never be with-”
“I know. I know when you’re lying and when you’re not. As a girl, though, I just…lost a little self-esteem.”
“I want-”
“But I know you haven’t told me something.” Hermione stopped and faced Ron. “Just tell me.”
“The time’s not right.” Ron mumbled.
“But I-”
“You’ll know when the time is right.” Ron tried to smile. Hermione did not look convinced.
“Alright. If you’re sure about that.”
“I’m sure.”
The two walked on in silence. Suddenly, there was a large crack.
Ron pulled Hermione close, looking around. Nobody appeared.
“Ron what was that?” Hermione whispered, her eyes wide with fear.
“I don’t know. Wands out.” They took out their wands and looked around. There was another crack and then a high-pitched scream. A splash of water, then silence.
Hermione jumped and Ron looked around wildly for any sign of danger.
“Ugh now my dress is ruined!” Came the small sound.
Ron ran back towards the river.
There, sitting half in the melted end of the stream was Lavender Brown.
(Insert “Mad”-NeYo)
“What the devil are you doing here?” Ron yelled, helping Lavender out of the stream. She was sopping wet and shivering like mad. Ron took of his coat ad handed it to Lavender. She smiled up at him.
Ron took a step back and involuntarily looked behind him sheepishly to where Hermione was, standing with her arms crossed. Lavender also caught sight of Hermione and glared.
“Ron? What is she doing here? You told me to meet you here half an hour ago!”
“WHAT?!” Hermione roared. “HE TOLD YOU TO MEET YOU HERE?”
Lavender looked a little sacred. She had never seen Hermione so angry before. But she remained defiant.
“Yes he did. By owl. This morning.”
Ron held his hands up, as Hermione stalked towards him.
“THIS MORNING?!”
“Hermione…wait…I didn’t send an owl…”
“I can prove it. Look.” She took out a crumpled piece of paper. Hermione glared at the two of them and disapparted.
“Look what you’ve done!” Ron said angrily. “Everything as going good too! You just had to ruin it!”
(Insert “Don’t Leave”-Vanessa Hudgens)
“Won-won don’t be like that. Remember al the good times we had? We could have that again, if you want.”
“I don’t-”
“Shut up. I know miss me.” Without warning, Lavender quickly kissed Ron heartily on the lips, dropping the paper and throwing her arms around his neck. She kissed him fiercely as she knew that Ron couldn’t resist her.
Lavender smiled to herself as she felt Ron’s hands on her waist. They both heard a loud sob and Ron saw a flash of brown hair disappear into thin air.
Ron pushed away.
“Stop! I can’t do this to Hermione! Geroff me!” Ron yelled as Lavender came on him once again.
“See, Won-Won? I knew you missed my snogging skills and me. I bet that Granger girl can’t kiss like I can.” She crooned.
Using as much force as he could with a girl, he pushed Lavender away. She tripped over her own feet and toppled into the snow.
“Lavender, go away! I don’t want to see you anymore. Seriously.” Lavender looked hurt.
“Fine! You’ll never see me again!” She pouted and started to leave. When Ron made no move to chase after her she burst into tears and disapparated with a loud crack.
The piece of paper still lay on the ground. Ron picked it up. It read:

Dearest Lavender,

I will meet you in the Forest Of Dean at exactly ten o’clock. I miss you so much! Please be on time as I will not be there long.

Love,
Won-Won

On the back was an order form from Zonko’s, originally Fred and George’s joke shop.
Ron glared at the paper and felt like he could kill George right now. And Hermione. She is going to kill me tonight. If she ever comes home. Women.
Ron sighed deeply and decided to go back to the Burrow to see if she was there. He disapparated seconds later.
When Ron returned to the Burrow, he saw his mother sitting on the couch, with an arm around a sobbing form.
“Dear, tell me what happened.” Mrs. Weasley said.

(Insert “Better Than Revenge”-Taylor Swfit)
“He…Lavender showed up there…in the forest and…Ron told me he never…he never wrote back…but then Lavender had a piece of paper…the note…sent by owl…this morning…” Then Hermione broke into a series of loud sobs.
“There, there, Hermione. It’s alright.”
“No it’s not alright! When I went back he…Ron was…Ron was snogging that…that…ugly…terrible…he said he only…loved me…” Hermione couldn’t continue.
“Won-Won doesn’t seem like the type of bloke that would do that type of thing.” George said, coming up from behind Ron. The two women on the couch turned to see Ron and George who were throwing punches at each other.
“What the bloody hell, George! That was the stupidest, lamest, prank ever! I hate you!” Ron yelled over George’s complaining.
“BOTH OF YOU. KITCHEN. NOW.” Mrs. Weasley roared. Ron threw another punch at George who ducked.
Once they were in the kitchen, Mrs. Weasley demanded to know what as going on. Ron angrily shoved the crumpled paper onto the countertop.
“Mum I swear I didn’t do it!” George protested as Mrs. Weasley read the note.
“Yeah? And turn it over, mum. There’s Zonko’s all over it. It’s their bloody order form!” Ron yelled.
“Ron no yelling! Care to explain, George?” Mrs. Weasley fumed, with hands on her hips.
“Fine. I admit it. But I didn’t expect Hermione to get all worked up about it!” George protested.
“George enough with your jokes and pranks. It caused Ron to almost not have a future wife!” Mrs. Weasley said.
George snickered at Ron’s red face.
“George I want an apology to Hermione and to your brother, do you understand?”
“Yes, mum.”
“And Ron, please make things right with Hermione. She told me it was your last chance.” Mrs. Weasley whispered.
“Don’t worry, mum, Ron’s still got a certain Lavender Brown ready to marry him if Hermione declines.” George joked.
Neither laughed.
Hermione hadn’t moved at all. She was dabbing her eyes when Ron and George stood in front of her.
“Miss Hermione Granger, please forgive my terrible deed. As a future brother-in-law, please forgive me.” George said a little too sincerely. Hermione smiled a little and turned a little red in the face.
“Forgiven.” Hermione said, her voice shaky. George smiled and hugged her, throwing a guilty and somewhat apologetic look at Ron. George left and Mrs. Weasley said that she had some business to attend to.
(Insert “Love Song”-Sara Bareilles)
Ron sat next to Hermione, who moved an inch away, and turned her head.
“Hermione I’m sorry.”
“No, Ron. I’m sorry. I overreacted. But still, you didn’t have to snog her back either.”
“I pushed her away. I swear.” Ron said anxiously.
“I believe you.” Hermione smiled.
Ron took her hand. “Hermione…about the thing George said…you knosw, future brother-in-law…well…”
“Ron, let’s not talk about that now? I just want to spend time with you, see my parents at least once, wait for Harry and Ginny to come back…and I just don’t want to stress about that stuff now.”
“Oh yeah. I understand. Completely.” Ron said, looking embarrassed.
“Don’t take it as…as I don’t want to be with you or anything. Just…just not right now.”
“Yeah. I get it.” Ron looked like he wished he never brought it up in the first place.
Suddenly, the doorbell rang.
“I can’t get to the door at the moment! Ron you go take it!” Mrs. Weasley yelled.
Standing on the doormat looking slightly out of place in quidditch robes was Krum.
Hermione’s eyes lit up when she saw him She ran over and threw her arms around him looking happier than Ron had ever seen her.
“Krum! What are you doing here?” Hermione asked, her voice a bit high.
“I just wanted to drop in to see you. I’ve missed you Hermione. The last time I saw you was at Bill and Fleur’s wedding. You look stunning. By the way, I play for the national quidditch team now. That’s why I’m dressed like this…” Krum motioned to his robes.
Ron hastily put his arms around Hermione to remind her that he was there too.
“You said my name right! And your accent…”
“Being in London for so long would change anyone’s accent.” Krum frowned and looked at their intertwined arms. “Are you two married?”
Hermione laughed. “No! Of course we aren’t!”
Krum looked relieved. “Well, I’d better be off. Team’s waiting. He jerked his thumb towards the quidditch players that were hovering on their brooms a bit away from the Burrow.
“Goodbye Hermione. I’ll see you soon.” Krum jumped on his broomstick, waved, then sped away into the growing darkness.
The two of them stood there in the doorway, gently swaying as they looked out over the field in silence.
“Tomorrow, we’ll go see them.”
“See who?”
“Your parents, of course. Didn’t you say you wanted to see them?”
“Yes, but I’m afraid it’ll make me lose control again. I’ll be so…”
“Tomorrow.”
“Alright.”

Stephenking2This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 7 at 5:10 pm:
awesome book  

TeardropsInAprilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 7 at 7:23 pm :
Thanks so much XD

Tman2 said...
 Love book read perfect world by me and comment

Tman2 replied...
Dec. 5, 2013 at 5:04 pm :
love hp too  

Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:53 pm :
I'll check it out(:

SmileForeverandAlways said...
I told my friends about your story and they absoultly love it! We`re all Harry Potter fans!

Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:46 pm :
AWWWW :D That's so nice!! Thank you!!! :)

TswiftFanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:05 am:
oh my gawd!! you have done an outstanding job!! this is so amazing! i loved every last detail of this book. continue writting more(:

Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:32 am :
Aww thank you so much!! :) I will, I've just been so busy lol But thanks!!! XD

Elizabeth C. said...
Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:28 am:
Very nice ! Thank you for sharing this! Sooo entertaining !

Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:08 pm :
Thanks so much Elizabeth-thanks YOU for reading it :)

Kellsey C. said...
Definatly finish it! I wouldn't mind the different story line except for the fact that it was left incomplete. You have an amazing knowledge of Harry Potter and incredible writing skills in general, I can't wait to read more!

Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:02 am :
Hey Kellsey! Thanks so much, I've been so busy lately I haven't been able to squeeze any writing time in-but I know that is no excuse! :) I hope you DO keep reading....this was a god reminder to start writing again!!! 

Aug. 7, 2013 at 7:02 am :
good* (typo)

C.DuncanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:49 pm:
Honestly I liked your twist on the story because none saw it coming. I know that the previous comments were pretty negative and I didn't like that too much. but honestly you have a fantastic imagination and writing ability and I enjoyed reading the story very much. keep writing and don't let negative comments phase you in any way. :)

Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:51 am :
Thank you so much! And though they were pretty negative, I appreciate all forms of criticism. It makes me a better writer. :) Thanks again!!!

BlazeRayn said...
Jun. 10, 2013 at 6:51 pm:
Good writing. But, one word: WHY??? Harry and Hermione together is the one thing that I hate the most. I HATE it when people put them together. And then Zenrir? I feel like he was just there... to be there. There wasnt much point in him, really. And, Harry is a much better person than you made him out to be. He would NEVER forget his wife Ginny and his son to be with Hermione and make love with Hermione EVERY NIGHT. Hermione would never do that either. I do, however, like what you did with Draco... (more »)

Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:51 am :
Hi there! Thanks for your feedback. I'll take your opinions into consideration. 

101929 said...
lots of dialogue! good tho!

Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:41 pm :
Thanks! :)