HARRY POTTER CONTINUED

Author's note: I was inspired by J.K. Rowling to write this piece.
Author's note: I was inspired by J.K. Rowling to write this piece.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33 Next »

Harry and Ginny

“Well, Harry, getting any cold feet?”
It was a warm summer evening. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were staying at the Burrow. School was over for them. Hogwarts had shutdown temporarily to rid itself of all Dark enchantments and objects. Professor McGonagall had decided to let the staff off for a little “break” while she, the Order members, and the ministry put things back in order. The ministry reversed all curses done to its staff and destroyed Azkaban. Several trusted ministry members and Aurors were put to the task of creating and building a new and improved prison for their criminals. Word got around that Peeves was sent to “torture” some of the criminals. Word also got around saying that he very much enjoyed it too. The rest of the Weasleys were away visiting Bill and Fleur in Romania. Fleur decided that staying in London was not very exciting. But, they would all be back in time for the wedding.
Harry had to think about that question for a second. Is this the right choice? Would there be any more danger to come? Would that put Ginny in peril? So many questions flitted through Harry’s brain as the days drew closer to the date. His wedding date.
Ron looked at Harry with a questioning stare. “Well? Are you or not? You’d better be sure about this, mate.”
Harry looked up from the book he was reading, The Tales of Albus Dumbledore.
“Yeah. I’m sure.”
Harry’s scar hadn’t pained him for three years. And it shouldn’t, Hermione stated, for all the years to come. Absentmindedly, Harry touched his scar.
“Harry, you’ve got to stop doing that. It scares all of us.” Hermione said with a small frown upon her face. Ron out down the plates he was trying to clean without a wand and hurried over to put an arm around Hermione’s shoulder. Hermione leaned in closer with a smile.
“There you go, Hermione. All I have to do is be near you and that frown is replaced with a smile.” Ron said. Hermione laughed and gently swatted Ron’s shoulder.
Harry looked at their affection and felt a stab of longing for Ginny. How many months since he hadn’t seen her? Two? More? He didn’t know. But, it felt like eternity.
Mrs. Weasley had sent them a Christmas card wishing them all well. They were all there in the picture; Mr. and Mrs. Weasley smiling, George laughing with his new girlfriend, Bill and Fleur holding hands and smiling. And then there was Ginny, smiling too but a bit away from everyone. Percy was also in the picture, although he seemed preoccupied with the person that was taking the picture.
“Harry, I know you miss her, but you’ve got things to do, remember?” Harry jumped. He didn’t realize that Hermione and Ron were right behind him.
Over the long summer after the death of Voldemort, Harry was quite reserved, not speaking a lot and a bit withdrawn from fall festivities. Hermione and Ron did everything they could to cheer him up. Only in the past month did Harry start to act normal again.
Professor McGonagall had asked Harry to manage all of Dumbledore’s belongings. She felt that he would want Harry to have them. Three weeks after the end of Voldemort, Fawkes, Dumbledore’s phoenix came back and visited the Burrow. In its beak was a golden phoenix tail.
“It could be very useful, Harry.” Hermione had said.
“Yeah. And worth thousands of galleons!” Ron had exclaimed with a longing look.
But, Harry neither sold it nor used it in any way. He felt like the time would come when he would be able to put it in use. It sat, gleaming on his dresser.
After the short encounter, Fawkes flew away into the night. Harry never saw him again.
“Harry?”
Harry looked up, and managed to scramble out of his deep thoughts.
“Are you all right?”
“Yeah. I’m fine. Just thinking about, you know, Dumbledore and Ginny and…everything that happened.” Harry took a deep breath and looked down.
Hermione and Ron sat across from him on the worn leather couch.
“I wish…I wish my mum and dad could have seen me now.” Hermione said quietly, blinking back tears. “They would be so proud.”
Ron wrapped his arms around her.
“I’m sure they would. They probably still remember you in their hearts, right Harry?” Ron hinted strongly for him to agree.
“Yeah.” Harry said, feeling deeply guilty. Because of Voldemort, Hermione had to make her muggle parents forget that she was ever their daughter to save them from the wrath of Voldemort. Like Harry, Hermione was now an orphan. But, the Weasleys basically took Harry and Hermione in, sympathetic of their situations.
“Hermione, I’m so sorry…is there anything…” Harry started.
“No, Harry. It’s not your fault. Really, it isn’t. It was my decision and it kept them safe.” Hermione sniffed and rested her head on Ron’s shoulder.
“There, there.” Ron patted Hermione’s head gently as she started to cry. “It’ll be alright.”
Inwardly, Harry grinned. Looking at Hermione and Ron, He had a feeling that a second wedding would take place very, very soon.
It was a perfect, starry night when Harry proposed to Ginny. They were outside the Burrow, taking a stroll and talking in the garden. She was taken very much by surprise. After all, they had been dating only for three months. But, Ginny said yes, kissed him full on the mouth, and then excitedly ran into the Burrow, yelling the good news. Of course, everyone knew about it beforehand, as Harry had asked them advice on exactly how to do it, where to do it, which night to do it, and what ring to buy. Everybody pitched in and told them their views on proposing. Taking careful notes, he followed every instruction or suggestion. Harry carefully planned out all the details and then finally proposed.
But, of course, Ginny did not know this.
The new couple-to-be were congratulated and they all toasted to Harry and Ginny right then and there with tall mugs of firewhiskey.
“Everything that happened…well, Harry what are you going to do?” Ron asked. That question seemed to sum up everything that was going through Harry’s head.
Everything is so different, changed. No more Lupin and Tonks, no more Fred, Snape…
“I honestly don’t know, Ron. But…I feel like I need to do something. I feel like I need to put things to rest…make everything normal again…”
“Harry, nothing will be normal again.” Hermione said seriously.
“Unless you count Fleur coming back to London.” Ron joked.
Harry didn’t laugh.
Ron’s snorts subsided awkwardly. The three young people were lost in thought of the past, the present, and the future.

Two weeks later, the Weasleys came bustling in, with stories bursting from their mouths.
“Harry, Hermione, Ron!” Mrs. Weasley cried, throwing her arms around them. “Oh dears, we’ve missed you!”
“We missed you all too, Mrs. Weasley!” Hermione said, grinning broadly. Hermione then took Ron’s hand and Mrs. Weasley threw Ron a knowing look. Ron blushed scarlet and smiled wide.
“Percy has a girlfriend! Percy has a girlfriend!” George chanted.
Percy walked in, arm and arm with a nerdy-looking girl with giant glasses and stringy brown hair.
“Picked her up from the ministry, Harry. Wow, Percy. Congrats! You finally got someone that likes you for who you are, not for your smartness.” George called out.
“George! You stop that right now!” Mrs. Weasley turned to the girl Percy was with.
“Emma, dear, I’m sorry. You’ll have to forgive George. He’s sometimes-”
“Sometimes?” Fleur questioned loudly. “Sometimes? All the time!” Fleur huffed.
Ginny came to claim Harry next. She rushed towards him, her eyes shining, and her hair blowing softly into her face. She kissed him gently and George wolf-whistled loudly. Harry blushed furiously as the room became silent.
“Harry, I’ve missed you. The whole time I was thinking-”
“-About you. The whole time, Ginny.” Harry paused. Just say it now! Harry took a breath. “I love you Ginny.”
Ginny threw her arms around Harry and when she pulled back, he could see tears in her eyes. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were dabbing their eyes and Ron was looking at Hermione with some sort of burning desire. Hermione was trying unsuccessfully to look away.
After the loudness returned and everyone went to go unpack, George went over to Harry, pulling a tall and beautiful girl behind him.
“Harry, I would like you to meet my girlfriend, Xiyin Chang.”
“Harry Potter…I’ve been longing to meet you! My sister has told me everything about you…”
“Wait…Chang…are you perhaps, Cho’s older sister?”
Xiyin smiled and nodded, her sleek black hair brushing her shoulders.
“Wow…nice to meet you…” Harry couldn’t imagine what Cho said to her older sister about him.
Mr. Weasley was next, pulling Harry into the kitchen.
“Harry, just so you know, the ministry has decided to offer you a job at the ministry. You could be an Auror. Haven’t you always wanted to be one?”
“Mr. Weasley, yes, I have but…don’t you think there is no point now that Voldemort’s dead? And…well, er, I never got the marks to be an Auror.” Mr. Weasley flinched at the sound of Voldemort’s name.
“Harry, do you really think that just because He-Who…I mean, Voldemort is dead, his followers aren’t? Harry, the ministry is still trying to track down his Death Eaters. Kingsley told me that one of them was seen hiding out in the Great Wall of China. Another Death Eater was seen in Paris, selling baguettes off the road. Harry, Aurors still have jobs. Important ones too. I know it has always been your wish to be one…”
“Mr. Weasley, I did want to be an Auror. I thought that was the greatest thing since…well, since Automatic Spell Check Quills, but you see I have, er, other things I want to focus on.”
Mr. Weasley laughed and clapped Harry on the back. “Ah, Harry I see what you mean.” He raised his eyebrows at Ginny and winked.
“The wonders of young love…” Mr. Weasley mumbled, walking away.
Harry turned around to see the scene in front of him. Everyone seemed so happy and relaxed, the happiest in a long time. But, there was always a hole in Harry’s heart as he thought of Fred.
Fred had been murdered by one the Death Eaters. George had never been the same after. All of them weren’t the same after that. But, they all came to one conclusion. Wherever Fred was, they believed that he would have wanted them to be happy.
That night, Harry got some time alone with Ginny.
“Harry, how’ve you been? Truthfully, tell me.”
It was pitch dark out. A shaft of silver moonlight fell through the open window. A small breeze lifted the curtains.
What would I tell her? That I had been worried about Hogwarts?
“Harry, I can see that you’re trying to think of something to say.” Ginny frowned.
“No, I’m not. Truthfully, Ginny, I’ve been thinking about you everyday. Every night.”
Harry cupped Ginny’s smooth, pale check. She looked down and her long, lashes brushed the bottom of her eyes. Harry swallowed. Ginny is so beautiful…
“Harry…Ron was telling me something about…cold feet? Are you having…second thoughts? About…you know…”
“No!” Harry sat up abruptly. “ ‘Course not, Ginny, I would never, ever…”
“Prove it.” Ginny said, a small smile on her lips.
“I…”
“Prove it or else.”
Harry swallowed. He had ever been big on the romance stuff. But, he knew what Ginny was asking. Here it goes…
“Ginny…” Harry whispered. Ginny turned towards Harry, her green eyes shining brightly.
Harry took her warm, soft hands in his and leaned in. She smelled like warm cinnamon and a sweet meadow. Ginny slowly lowered her eyes as Harry came closer and closer.
Almost hesitantly, Harry’s lips met Ginny’s. He felt like he would explode. Ginny, Ginny, Ginny…
She is so beautiful…her flaming red hair…her bright green eyes…her soft, soft lips…
The sheer moonlight shined bright against the pale of their intertwined arms as the night passed peacefully.

MissyninjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 am:
I can't wait to read more of this story! keep on writing :)

CelebrateKrismasThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 18, 2011 at 12:53 pm :

Thank you! Stay posted for much more coming soon :)

kkayla3897 said...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 11:36 am:
I am so glad people agree with the fact that J.K. needs to write us more! It is very hard to capture J.K.'s essence, and you have done very well. I do agree that it's not the same, but it is almost impossible to write in the same form and passion as the original author. You are a talented writer, and I'd love to see some individualized work from you. I want to see what your style is and what you're all about!

Mar. 19, 2011 at 5:32 pm :
Thank you so much! Yes, it was hard try at her style of writing and I am glad you see at least some resemblance. Thanks for your faith in me as a writer and keep posted for a LOT more to come! Once again my thanks to you! (:

kkayla3897 replied...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 5:36 pm :
I'd really like it to be not just from the perspective of Harry, but also from some of the others. I know that's not J.K.'s way, but your not her, are you? And I'll definitely keep my eye out for more of your work.

kristinlovespottermoreThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 15, 2011 at 7:44 pm :
:D :D :D :D :D :D

stellabella21 said...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 6:10 pm:
Reading this made my day i miss being able to look forward to the next book in the series you did a great job with it so far but KEEP WRITING!!!!!!! :D

Mar. 8, 2011 at 1:19 am :
You're so sweet! Thanks so much! I have MUCH more on the way. Keep posted! Once again, thank you for reading and commenting!:)

SaphirraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 11, 2011 at 1:53 pm:
I have been waiting for something like this for over a year or two! I almost had tears in my eyes thinking about the past and when Ginny and Harry got married. Great Work!

Feb. 14, 2011 at 3:43 pm :

Thank you so much! Tears in your eyes? Wow... I'm glad that my work brought tears to your eyes lol. The wedding part is pretty endearing. :) 

Please stay posted for TONS more! 

KrazyButCool said...
Feb. 5, 2011 at 4:45 pm:
Very well written! I' not really into Harry Potter fan fiction,but this was amazingly done! Please write more I'm looking forward to it :)

Feb. 6, 2011 at 8:57 pm :
THANK YOU SO MUCH! You know...little comments like these seriously make my day. :)

EllaMcFarley said...
Feb. 3, 2011 at 8:15 pm:

Blahghhelllagghh.... I'm going to die this makes me so happy!!!!!!!!!! Write more please :)

EDITS:

I'm confused about time at the start. You say that Harry is missing Ginny, who is away, but then he proposes to her? Then the Weasleys come back and he says he missed her? I thought he just proposed to her? Maybe stick the proposal paragraph in after the Weasleys come back, or provide explanation.

Also, the stuff about him having his scar not hurting for three years but then... (more »)

Feb. 4, 2011 at 1:21 pm :
Thank you so much for your help! I will take note of the changes. And don't worry! I wrote TONS more! Once again thank you for your help and enthusiasm. Keep posted for more if you'd like! :)

werewolves667 said...
Awww, so romantic. It made me comment it out loud, that shows how much I liked it. I cant wait to see what else you planned. It's like a perfect fairytale.

Jan. 26, 2011 at 12:51 am :
Thanks so much for your comment! Please stay posted for more if you want. :)

Coffee said...
..is this some fan-fic..?

Jan. 18, 2011 at 12:10 am :
Yes, it is.

Aug. 15, 2011 at 7:45 pm :
yea :D :D :D :D :D :D

bahannahpeel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I've wanted to write one of these for a while. It was good, a little choppy, and some words were repeated a lot. I don't think you got all the characters right, but how could you? Only Rowling knows how they really are.

I loved it.

Jan. 18, 2011 at 12:11 am :
Thank you! Keep posted for more if you want to keep reading it! Please tell me how my sentences were choppy and I will try my best to fix it! Once again thanks!