Monstrous Encounters

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

Part Four

“Ah yes, my dear agents,
“Have you found her yet? Well I don’t think so since I’m watching over her at this very moment, she’s beautiful you know, even more so than the last time we talked. “Of course, the little brat that I dumped at your feet just days ago was not as perfect as my pet; she decided to mark me, something… unforgivable, as you do not bite the hand that feeds you.
“Forgive me that I must keep this letter short, but I feel that you’re not doing your jobs to your full potential, so I’ll just see to make you up your ante, I think that you’re not going to like this next one.
“Ciao, my agents.”
“The Unsub is an escalated sexual sadist whom not only inflicts emotional harm upon his victims with sexual abuse, but has escalated to serial killer status with the high amounts of victims attached to the lake and the surrounding area.” Taking the lead, Agent Hotchner was pacing briskly back and forth in front of the collected police officers of Stuttgart County, his face a mask of malcontent that the man they were speaking of wasn’t already in their custody. “Uh, wait,” a blue uniformed male leaning on a desk spoke up for a moment, “What exactly is an Unsub?”
“It stands for Unknown Subject,” ever the one to answer the question, Dr. Reid spoke up from behind the officers, near the entrance to the conference room that was framed like a museum with the faces of the woman that were missing “Unlike previous sex related serial killers, most infamous the Green River Killer or Ted Bundy, who ironically helped police in the investigation and capture of the Green River Killer, our Unsub doesn’t come back to the area where he dumped the bodies to revisit them later, to relive the experience he had with them, in a way. ”
“Instead, he keeps them hostage until they don’t satisfy him anymore.” Morgan held his black FBI issue cell phone in his hand, flipping it closed after looking at a message from Garcia “And from the wounds on the girls, even though they range in how long they were abused, the goal has been one thing to this person” “Making them suffer.” Gideon was the last to say anything, but it was probably the most impacting words of the entire speech, filling the room with an odd, awkward silence.
“O-Of course, though terrible in nature, it also means that we have an advantage over him…” Reid broken the moment, giving a little bit of comfort in the rather dark time they found themselves. “Unlike other sadists of this mature, his keeping them means that he’s looking for someone that he’s trying to find the perfect creature. Most likely this means someone that both fights back and relents, that he controls with psychological tortures.” Continuing with his speech, Spencer swallowed a little hard, he was tired and his nerves were shot, and doing these talks under the watchful eye of everyone here just wasn’t helping at the moment, “He likes to see them in pain.”
“There were a few victims that we determined through the rate of decomposition,” Prentiss looked like she wanted to gag on the word, “were tossed a long time ago, and they seemed to take the most severe beatings and injuries, one woman had her right collar bone snapped cleaning in the middle.”
“This was most likely because, unlike some of the other girls, this young woman wasn’t afraid of him, it threw him off his game and eventually he was thrown into a rage, killing her instead of trying to keep her” Hotch stopped his pacing to look over the faces in the room before him, “He can’t get off on their pain if they aren’t at the least afraid of him.” As he spoke Morgan hopped down from the desk he was sitting on. “Look, the guy’s sick, he thinks that there is some form of love in it for him if he can get that bond with these girls. Most likely the one he refers to as his pet in the letters he’s sent just happens to be the one girl being subservient long enough to find a way out of there.”
“Though she may be staving off his hunt for other girls in the meantime, we don’t know how long she is going to last, or any of the others for that matter.” there was a clatter as a female cop in the room dropped her clipboard in response to the words of young Dr. Reid. “What are you saying?!” the general uproar in the room was something Reid and Morgan didn’t expect, but a reaction that Hotchner had seen way to many times.
“What I mean,” Spencer stood up a little taller, taking a gulp of air as the nervousness washed over him again, rather reasonably, “Is that according to his letter, the girl he refers to as his pet is still alive, but we’ve found more bodies.” “It’s clear that he’s no longer taking one girl at a time, but it seems there may be several he has locked away.” Hotch took over, “He’s become flippant, blaming us for not being able to save them instead of himself for killing them, something of a delusion.”
“He seems to be suffering from quite the narcissistic personality, a dominant person, our Unsub is very smart, confident, probably someone very well liked in his circle of friends and family, that he’ll have mostly for the act of keeping appearances. He didn’t get this way overnight though, he had practice.” “Reid’s right.” nodding, Morgan took out his phone, presumably to text Garcia, “he took awhile to get this way, if we look back into his history we’ll probably find a juvenile records of peeping or sexual aggression.”
“And if you go back farther than that, you’d most likely found that as a child he harmed animals, smaller creatures, killing and most likely dissecting them while they were still alive.” Reid put a hand to his temple as if by will he could banish the headache beginning to rage in his skull. He took a few steps back and walked into the conference room to get away from the crowd as the rest of the team finished up giving the profile. Over fifteen pairs of green eyes were watching him as he came back into the room, and he couldn’t help but sigh, hands in pockets as he looked back at them. Was she one of these that they knew were missing? So many different girls, a runaway, a couple arrested for prostitution, college students, a music teacher, which of them were alive and which were already… “Gone…” Reid said the final word out loud before collapsing on the couch where his leather bag was sitting, laying down and burying his head against it as exhaustion shook him, the day was long and like after Tobias the job was beginning to feel like it was a little too much. It reminded him that he was going to miss his weekly visit to Adam, Amanda, and that was just another thing to make him feel worse.
Spencer didn’t know if, but as he laid there he finally fell asleep after two whole days without it. Prentiss was standing next to the doorway and watched him as he went in, then kept looking in as he slept. The police were milling about looking through their databases for men who matched the profile of their killer and abductor, honestly she should have been, but she felt the need to guard the youngest member of their team, if only for a short while. “How’s he doing?” she looked up, her long black hair swishing a little from the motion, to find Morgan standing next to her handing her a bag of chips from the vending machine, Prentiss didn’t even realize how long it had been since she’d eaten properly until that moment, and she reached for the bag as her stomach growled.
“I don’t know, he looks so sad lately. I didn’t want to wake him up since this is the first time I’ve seen him close his eyes since we got off the plane.” Morgan grinned a little as she opened the bag of cheese flavored doodles, whatever they were, she didn’t care she just wanted food. “What about you, holding up ok?” “Better than genius there, that’s for sure.” as if in response, or most likely coincidence, Reid mumbled something from the couch, but his hair was over his face and eyes shut tight, so he was still sleeping “I hope that doesn’t mean he’s having a nightmare.” the elder man poked his head in the room, but all Spencer did was curl in a little tighter against that leather bag of his and seemed to settle down.
“I keep forgetting how young he really is…” Prentiss mumbled, nibbling on a cheeto as she gave Dr. Reid one last glance, thinking he was really adorable when he slept, and how she’d never say it out loud because Morgan wouldn’t let her hear the end of it. Garcia might be able to get away with it though. She might have thought further on it, but there was a flurry at the other end of the room as the tip lines lit up, and this time it wasn’t a dead end they were getting. “Um, Agent Hotchner!” a rather flustered looking police woman jumped up from her seat, stumbling and a little flushed “Agent Hotchner! We might have something!”
Hotch, looking grumpy as usual, called from across the room where he and a few other officers were looking through rap sheets of potential Unsub’s. “What is it?” “It’s a doctor calling from Memorial Hospital up the room, a girl was just brought in from the highway, her feet were bloody from running and a man picked her up on the way into town-” “Officer, what is it?” the tension in the room grew about ten fold in that one little moment, and the officer steeled herself. “She said she was abducted from her car by a young man, but she kicked and clawed until she got away, Catherine Davis, brown hair with green eyes.”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

This book has 7 comments. Post your own now!

mrs.holmes said...
Jan. 28 at 5:20 pm
I just wanted to say, this was absolutely lovely :3. Good job. And I'm glad I'm not the only one my age that watches Criminal Minds ^^. 

kkayla3897 said...
Reid is, of course, my favorite. I haven't read it all, but you describe their personas really well. There are a few typos and I noticed a run-on sentence or so, but it's a really good piece. Is this your first attempt at a novel, because if so, you've done an amazing job. And if not, it's still really amazing!!!

Your_Beautiful_Lies replied...
Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:52 am
I've done a few novals here and there but this was my first Criminal Mind's noval haha yeah i type so fast there is always typos sorry about that!

Your_Beautiful_Lies said...
Jan. 19, 2011 at 10:40 am

I try my best to keep the feel of criminal minds in my story :)

thanks a bunch!

Hahah good questions and to be honest I'm not entirely sure where im going to go with this. Possilby and most likely yes.

RyanTyler replied...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:21 am
So I was thinking about starting a Criminal minds story if ny own.... Any advise :)

Your_Beautiful_Lies replied...
Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:51 am
Advice? Yes. Try to stay in chacracter, or else you'll lose your aduience! Don't be afraid to be graphic, criminal minds is graphic! :)

RyanTyler said...
Jan. 19, 2011 at 10:21 am
I really like this one so far. And I love the way that even though it's your own story you still keep everyone in character (I haven't met a lot of people who can do that. One and then I'll leave you alone. This story is tag as love/romance so is this a Emily/Spencer or a different couple.