Monstrous Encounters

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Part One

The letter had arrived in a nondescript envelope to the Behavioral Analysis Unit, typed, sticker labels with no hope of getting DNA or handwriting samples from either the letter or its carrier. It was almost like it just appeared in the office, no one there actually knew how it managed to get there, sitting, waiting on Agent Greenway’s desk by mistake of an office worker. She didn’t even notice it there until four days after its delivery when she came back from a small leave, and even then she didn’t pay attention to it being there in a plain white security envelope. The poor girl the Unsub had been talking about was in his capture for an extra four days and they hadn’t done anything about it.
Agent Gideon,
Do you think there is something quite beautiful in their helplessness? I do. I know you; of all people can understand this better than the others of your team. I think that, these people intend to be victims, I mean, why do they eventually stop screaming? Because they enjoy it.
I think I have found the one to keep, my new pet. She doesn’t fight back like the others. You seem to only be able to find where I dumped them, I watched as the bounced and broke until the lake swallowed them hole, never to be seen again. You know I wouldn’t ditch them close to me, I am not The Fool.
Alas, I grow bored of this. Perhaps you may find her, in time. Until then…
Goodbye Gideon.
Gideon sat in Garcia’s office holding the letter and rereading it over and over, trying to find a clue, something that the Unsub could be giving away with just the slightest of words. Garcia was typing away, her fingers moving swiftly in a whirlwind over the keys, clacking away their own music, a rhythm that he could get lost in, think in.
“Come on baby girl, show me something sweet.” Derek Morgan stood behind her, one hand squeezing her shoulder gently as the police records shifted and popped up over and over on the screen, bodies of women tossed aside, some bloated and turned colors from decomposing under water for so long. Hotch had once said she surrounded herself with these colorful things, fluffy pens and action figures, photos of herself with the team, Morgan, Reid, sometimes Gideon, to distract herself from the horrors on her screen. It was true.
“He says he tossed them down the hill and watched them tumble, try looking for missing women or bodies found on a mountain side,” Gideon finally spoke up, one arm crossed over his chest as he stared angrily at the paper in hand.
“Got it boss, just give me… another… minute…” She stared at the screen as the windows started pulling up faster, another screen showing a long scrolling lists of police reports, missing persons, the black and white reflected brightly in the lens of her glasses “Ha! Who’s your daddy?” she cried triumphantly.
Morgan smiled at the blonde hacker as she smirked to the massive information highway, Gideon hopping from his place on a desk and strolling over, leaning and reading the reports she pulled up and explained.
Fourteen girls had been found in the Appalachian area in Pennsylvania, a large community in the mountain side where there was a large man made reservoir. A few bodies had been found on the side of the lake, stopped but trees or large shore rocks before going into the water, covered with cuts and bruises, the coroner’s report listing that most of them had occurred post mortem as the girls were tossed over the bank, getting banged up on the way down, but there were other things that they had in common. Ligature marks on the wrists and ankles, some more prominent, some had black eyes and broken bones that were Para mortem, most likely from the girls he said fought back more than others. A total of six were found on the shore, the other eight in the water when they dredged the lake after a body floated up as a passing fisherman reeling in his catch. The one thing that remained completely constant for every single one was a black bar of bruising across their necks, as if they were kept on a leash, and the hyoid bone in the throat was snapped. They were strangled after being beaten. “I’m willing to bet this is our guy Gideon, the location and the girls match his claims. This wasn’t his first letter.” Morgan let go of Garcia and stepped back while she got J.J. and Reid on the phone. “I know… we need to get out there.” “Is there anything we can add to the profile from the letter he sent you? I’ve got nothing more other than he likes to taunt us, and that girl probably isn’t going to last much longer if he’s getting bored.” He watched the boss man as he stared almost angrily on the paper.
“Hey Hot Stuff, Reid’s getting on the jet in half an hour, he’s flying in from Vegas, is there anything I should tell him?” Garcia looked up from her screen muttering into the headset where Reid was standing in his mother’s room.
He could hear the sound of Morgan’s chuckle and Gideon’s heavy footsteps as Garcia told them the deal. Glancing to the thin frame hidden under a thick fleece blanket Reid smiled down at his mother, she’d been having a good day and that was something to be thankful for. There was a crackle as the phone tried to pick up noises from the back of the room and Gideon’s voice came in little static bursts “Good, tell him to get packed up, we’re getting on the moment he comes in.” “Do you think I’ll be able to get my vest and everything before we head out?” Reid tried to whisper, turning his back from his mother and cupping a hand around the cell phone’s mouthpiece
“I don’t think so sweetie, but I’ll have Morgan raid your locker and bring you anything you need” He smiled as the normally annoying, but comforting sound of Garcia smacking her gum came through the microphone. “Alright, I’ll be there as soon as I can. Bye Garcia.” Hanging up the FBI’s standard cell phone, Dr. Spencer Reid turned back to his mother and took a deep breath “I promise, I’ll come visit you soon, but at least I’ll have another story to tell you” that shy kind of smile reached his lips and he fidgeted for a second in the doorway before mumbling “I love you, mom…” and disappearing from the door frame.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

mrs.holmes said...
Jan. 28 at 5:20 pm:
I just wanted to say, this was absolutely lovely :3. Good job. And I'm glad I'm not the only one my age that watches Criminal Minds ^^. 

kkayla3897 said...
Mar. 19, 2011 at 5:51 pm:
Reid is, of course, my favorite. I haven't read it all, but you describe their personas really well. There are a few typos and I noticed a run-on sentence or so, but it's a really good piece. Is this your first attempt at a novel, because if so, you've done an amazing job. And if not, it's still really amazing!!!

Your_Beautiful_Lies replied...
Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:52 am :
I've done a few novals here and there but this was my first Criminal Mind's noval haha yeah i type so fast there is always typos sorry about that!

Your_Beautiful_Lies said...
Jan. 19, 2011 at 10:40 am:

I try my best to keep the feel of criminal minds in my story :)

thanks a bunch!

Hahah good questions and to be honest I'm not entirely sure where im going to go with this. Possilby and most likely yes.

RyanTyler replied...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:21 am :
So I was thinking about starting a Criminal minds story if ny own.... Any advise :)

Your_Beautiful_Lies replied...
Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:51 am :
Advice? Yes. Try to stay in chacracter, or else you'll lose your aduience! Don't be afraid to be graphic, criminal minds is graphic! :)

RyanTyler said...
Jan. 19, 2011 at 10:21 am:
I really like this one so far. And I love the way that even though it's your own story you still keep everyone in character (I haven't met a lot of people who can do that. One and then I'll leave you alone. This story is tag as love/romance so is this a Emily/Spencer or a different couple.