Newborn

Author's note: I wrote this peice when I was thinking about what Bella's other Family might be like when I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I wrote this peice when I was thinking about what Bella's other Family might be like when I realized noother family of Bella's was mentioned ecept her Mom and Dad.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

First Day of Forks High

As her alarm clock went off Angel groaned.
“I so don’t want to go to school today.” But nonetheless she got out of bed and turned on the light closing her eyes when the light hurt them. She also rubbed her head, had she hit it last night? Dismissing the thought she dressed in textured barley extended-tab twill pants, a solid cool white mandarin collar top, and white patent Mollie shoes. She then donned on her ring and a twenty-four inch gold chain necklace. Angel styled her hair into her usual curly style again then gasped her jacket and backpack. She put then back down and took off her sling, she wouldn’t wear it until she had to leave later. She tiptoed into the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She then tiptoed down the stairs and into the kitchen.
Charlie still slept in his room when Angel left the house. With her bag slung over one shoulder and her jacket zipped she locked the door behind her and walked down the steps. She was planning to walk to the high school when a car pulled up in the drive.
“Hey Angel, can I give you a ride?” It was Bella she was dressed in a pale periwinkle short-sleeve pin tuck popover, jeans and matching flats.
“Sure.” Angel got in the passenger side then waited as Bella drove her to school.
“So how’s you stay so far.” Angel gave her a look that said ‘you got to be kidding me’.
“Wet, and tiring. I didn’t plan to get this either.” Angel said as she moved her broken arm.
“I didn’t expect a lot either when I first came here.”
“Like getting married?”
“Yes, but I wouldn’t trade Edward for anyone in the whole world.”
“How old is Renesme?”
“A few months.”
“She looks older than that.”
“She grows fast. Hey, I wanted to know if you would like to meet the rest of Edward’s family. You’ve already met Edward and Carlisle, and Esme has been wanting to see you.”
“Who’s she?”
“My mother-in-law. But she’s very kind to everyone. Even before I married Edward she considered me a part of the family. Well here we are, why are you here this early?”
“Early bird gym. Although I don’t think I can do much. Thanks for the ride.”
“I’ll pick you up later alright?”
“Yeah, bye.”
“Bye.” Angel got out of the car and walked up to the gym. She opened the door and heard a few people playing basketball. They were cheering each other on. When Bella got into view of the gym she smiled. Hot, buff, shirtless guys. But she had Robby waiting for her. When the guys saw her they whistled and hollered. Angel smiled and went into the girls’ locker room. She found the teacher and knocked on the open office door.
“Hi, you must be Ms. Angel O’Neil.”
“That’s me.”
“Well I can give you a lock and you can pick out a locker.”
“Do I need to participate?”
“We are in the swimming unit. So I’ll let you sit it out. Go pick out a locker and go to the pool.”
“Thanks.” Angel answered when she was handed a lock.
“You’re welcome.” Angel then left the teacher and picked out a locker near the door so she could get out quicker. Angel sat on a small set of bleachers as everyone swam in the pool. When class was over she made her getaway so she wouldn’t run into anyone. Angel walked into the main office and saw a woman standing at the desk with a name plate telling Angel that woman was Mrs. Cope. A few minutes later Angel walked out of the office with her schedule and a paper that all her teachers had to sign.
She walked into her first hour class and her teacher greeted her happily and told her to pick any open seat she wanted. Angel picked a seat in the back to avoid curious eyes. Her second hour journalism class she did the same but when she looked at her schedule she saw her next class was French. She asked the teacher where the class was and a girl stopped next to them.
“I know where it is. I can take you ’cause I have that class. I’m Carolyn by the way.” She held out her hand and Angel shook it.
“I’m Angel.”
“You’re new here right?”
“Is it that obvious?”
“Hey, um, is your family the Cullen’s?”
“No, why?”
“Well, everyone has been saying that because of how your dressed. But it’s not bad, infact I’m in envy over your clothes. Where did you get them?”
“JCPenny.”
“So where are you from?”
“White Plains, New York.”
“You’re a long way from home.”
“Yeah I just want to get back there.”
“Why?”
“My entire life is there.”
“Well I hope you’ll like it here.” They entered the classroom and Angel took a seat next to Carolyn. Angel was in the line for lunch when Carolyn popped up next to her. “Hey do have anywhere to sit?”
“No.” It was now that Angel got a good look at Carolyn. She had blond hair and blue eyes, unlike Angel’s red hair and green eyes. Her nose was long and straight and her face was rounded. She was Angel’s height and wore a simple pink t-shirt, with jeans and sneakers. When they had gone through the line Carolyn led Angel to a table where am few others were sitting.
“Carolyn who is this you have here?” A boy asked her. He had brown eyes with black hair and a short crooked nose.
“This is Angel, Dan.”
“Hi.” He greeted to Angel. Carolyn introduced her to the other students at the table. As everyone talked Angel ate quietly, her mind filled with her friends in White Plains. What were they doing? Were they thinking about her? Would they call and talk to her? Angel had those thought running through her head for the rest of the day and up until Bella picked her up.
“How was school?”
“School was school.”
“Well we should get you changed.”
“Why?” Angel asked as they pulled out of the school parking lot.
“You are going to meet Edward’s family today. I hope it isn’t to over whelming.”
“No, not in the least. I just don’t know what I’ll wear.”
“What you have on is fine. But we should stop back at Charlie’s I have to go to the bathroom and you can fix yourself a quick lunch.” Bella turned her Ferrari into Charlie’s drive then snatched up her purse and walked up to the house behind Angel. Bella reached up for the spare key and unlocked the door. They walked in and split into their own directions. Bella sighed when she shut the doors to the bathroom and looked in the mirror her contacts were gone. She opened her course and popped in another pair. She then smelled blood. She was about to go investigate when Angel called her telling her the phone was for her.
“Hello?”
“Bella, someone broke into the blood bank at the hospital last night. Carlisle thinks it’s the newborn.” Edward murmured.
“Why?”
“This newborn has a gift they can alter minds.”
“You mean like control them?” Bella whispered.”
“Yes. They took control of the few staff members and had them change the records for the number of blood bags. Btu when Carlisle looked over the security footage it was like no one was there.”
“Ok, we’ll talk about it later. I’m about to head over with Angel.”
“We’ll be waiting. Love you.”
“Love you too. Bye.”
“Bye.” Bella hung up the phone just as Angel came back into the room to put a plate in the sink and grasp a bottle of water from the fridge. “What’s that face for?”
“Some one broke into the blood bank last night and they aren’t shown on the camera footage.”
“Who said that?”
“Edward. Well come on lets go I could hear Esme in the back round.”

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

msoledadvc said...
I have no words. It was very nice. A few spelling issues somewhere. Just one thing that is bugging me: What kind of vampires are they? I mean, vampires can not have children. If Angel was a human it could happen but if Robby changed her completely that's not possible. It is a very nice and creative story, and I like your writing. I really enjoyed it! :)

cassia_b said...
this is such a good book! this is totally a new twist on some of the fanfictions that i have read. great job and keep writing! :)

KellyKay said...
Dec. 29, 2010 at 10:41 am
thanks i'll keep the advice in mind

PuzzleLuver said...
1. I like your concept for this book. I really like how Bella's cousin had a vampire boyfriend like her. 2. It was a little fast paced, Maybe there should be a little more to slow it down. 3. Great job, I was completely hypnotized by the story, I couldn't stop reading it.