New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Newborn

Author's note: I wrote this peice when I was thinking about what Bella's other Family might be like when I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I wrote this peice when I was thinking about what Bella's other Family might be like when I realized noother family of Bella's was mentioned ecept her Mom and Dad.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

The Begining

“Goodnight Mom. Night Dad.” Angel said to her parents as she kissed them goodnight.
“Goodnight honey.” Her mother replied.
“Goodnight sweetheart.” Her father complied. Angel then walked up the stairs and shut the door behind her as she entered her room. She reached for her shoulder then slipped the strap down then repeated the process for the other strap of her dress. Finally she slipped out of the dress and into her white silk flannel pajamas. She went into her bathroom and brushed her teeth then crawled into bed a minute later, falling asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.
Angel jerked upright as she heard a crash. She pushed the covers back and flung her legs over the side then crept to the door. She slowly reached for the knob and twisted it. She stepped into the hall and saw her parents’ door was ajar. Angel’s body relaxed. One of them must have gone downstairs for a late night snack. Angel walked to their door to see who it was when someone grasped her from behind and a creepy voice started to talk behind her.
“Here you are. Your parents wouldn’t want you to miss this.” Angel shrieked and found herself pushed roughly towards her parents. They were tied up and struggled to free themselves to hold Angel. “Aww.” The intruder purred.” One big, happy family. I want to play too.” The man’s eyes turned red and he reached a wispy hand for Angel. Her father put his arms around her protectively the intruder laughed.
“Oh you pathetic mortals. Don’t worry I have plans for you as well.” The intruder continued to reach for Angel. She latched her arms around her father’s neck.
“Don’t let him get me, Daddy.” She cried.
“I won’t.” Her father tightened his grip on his daughter when the intruder ripped Angel from his arms.
“Daddy!” Angel cried as she fought to free herself.
“Angel!” Her parents cried back as they fought their restraints. The man defiled Angel in front of her parents. An act Angel found both painful and embarrassing. Once the man was done with her he tossed her aside then preformed the same act to her mother. Her father meanwhile screamed for him to stop but the man wouldn’t because Angel’s father couldn’t do a thing to stop him. Afterward the intruder opened his mouth and fangs protruded from his mouth. He forced Angel to watch as he drained her parents dry. He dropped her father’s body carelessly, walked over and knelt in front of Angel.
“And now the desert of my three coarse meal.” Angel spit in his face and the man cursed.
“Allez vous tuer vous merde tête.” The man smiled
“Feisty. You know I like my woman with a little fire. You’ll do just fine for me.” The man then bent her head at a painful angle and bestowed the ultimate kiss. Pain was the last thing Angel felt before darkness crowded in.

One Week Later...

“Coming!” Charlie shouted as he rushed to answer the door. When it opened her saw a woman in a gray business suit. Her dark hair was pulled into a bun at the base of her neck. “May I help you?”
“Are you Charlie Swan?”
“Yes, is something wrong?”
“I’m Irene Culver from social services. And unfortunately there is.” The woman sighed. “Your ex brother-in-law along with his wife were murdered last week.”
“Oh no. By who?”
“That we don’t know. But their daughter Angel survived and has no remaining family with the exception of you, your daughter; Bella, and you ex wife Renee.”
“Where is she?”
“In my car. Is there a room where she can stay?”
“Yes.”
“Okay then, I’ll go get Angel.” The woman walked back to her car and got Angel. Angel was wearing dark denim jeans with a white polo shirt and denim jacket with brown leather boots. Her red hair and green eyes looked at him blankly. Angel looked at the house with a distant look as she took her headphones off of her head and hid them in her shoulder bag. Charlie walked down to the white BMW and took Angel’s bag.
“Hey Angel, remember me? I’m Uncle Charlie.” Angel just gazed blankly at him and sat on the hood. “ Come on, I’ll show you to your room.” Angel slid pushed off the and followed Charlie into the house. Charlie glanced over his shoulder to see if she was following. Her head was bent making her red curly hair frame her round face. Charlie led her to Bella’s old room and sat her bag on the bed. “Well, here it is. I can get some boxes tomorrow and clear out Bella’s old things.”
“Thanks.”
“Your welcome. I’ll leave you alone now.” Charlie left shutting the door behind him. He recalled the way Angel’s voice sounded when she had thanked him. Distant, quiet, almost robotic. Charlie met Ms. Culver at the base of the stairs. “She doesn’t talk much, does she?”
“No, she’ll only talk when necessary. I’ll bring the rest of her belongings tomorrow.”
“Till tomorrow then. Ms. Culver, what happened exactly?”
“A man broke into her home and forced her to watch him kill her parents. He did much more than that but it isn’t my place to say. I suggested to her she start school again in a few days. I told her Monday, she’s already enrolled and has everything. Well I have things to do and places to be. Goodbye Mr. Swan.” Ms. Culver shook Charlie’s hand then left. He sighed then looked up when her heard movement.
Angel must really be going through something, he thought to himself. Losing her parents is horrible but having to watch their murder is just dishearting. Charlie walked into the kitchen to call Bella and tell her Angel was here.
“Hi, you’ve reached Bella. Can’t get to the phone right now; but leave a name number and a message and I’ll back to you as soon as I can, thanks.” Charlie waited for the beep then began his message.
“Hey Bells, it’s your Dad. Your cousin Angel is here. Come over as soon as you can. I need to talk to you about her. Bye.” As he hung the phone on the charger he heard Angel coming down the stairs. “Where are you going?”
“I need some air. I have my phone with me and I’m sure Ms. Culver gave you my number.”
“No, actually she didn’t.” Angel sighed and dung into her pocket for a piece of paper she held out to him. Charlie took it, saw the number and looked up just as the door closed.

msoledadvc said...
I have no words. It was very nice. A few spelling issues somewhere. Just one thing that is bugging me: What kind of vampires are they? I mean, vampires can not have children. If Angel was a human it could happen but if Robby changed her completely that's not possible. It is a very nice and creative story, and I like your writing. I really enjoyed it! :)

cassia_b said...
this is such a good book! this is totally a new twist on some of the fanfictions that i have read. great job and keep writing! :)

KellyKay said...
Dec. 29, 2010 at 10:41 am:
thanks i'll keep the advice in mind

PuzzleLuver said...
1. I like your concept for this book. I really like how Bella's cousin had a vampire boyfriend like her. 2. It was a little fast paced, Maybe there should be a little more to slow it down. 3. Great job, I was completely hypnotized by the story, I couldn't stop reading it.