A Rose Without Thorns, Still Called a Rose?

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Meeting Old Love

~Snape~
It had been a good eleven days since the graduation of Chloe Winters and still I had yet to receive even one single shot little blip of an owl, at first I started to think that this was just some stupid fling she had for me, but I knew that was impossible to be true and I soon thought of the worst possible thing. That was when Chloe’s great barn owl flew in through my open window. ‘S.S, Sorry I have yet to owl you, I had some trouble at the graduation dinner with Lucius. Do not worry about it, all is well. How are you? Though this may be wrong to say, I miss you. ~With Love, Chloe’ the owl made me smile, I tucked it into my robe pocket and took a piece of parchment and quill in my hand and thought of what to right back. ‘Chloe, I miss you as well, you should come visit me sometime. I’d like that very much. With Lucius? Please tell me what happened, I need to know. ~Severus P.S Please you’ve graduated now, call me Severus ‘ I sent the owl on its way with the small hope that Chloe would ask to visit me tonight.
~Chloe~
The past hour I had been sending Owl’s back and forth with Severus, I shivered every time I used his name, I still wasn’t use to calling him that. I sat in my study, taping my quill on my head as I thought of what to say next. ‘Severus, Why don’t I come over now, and tell you instead of telling you in an owl? I believe it would be much better for you and I. ~Chloe’ I sighed and watched my great barn owl fly away into the growing night. I couldn’t help but to stand and pace about my study, I was afraid of Severus’s reply. What if he said no? I shook my head, not even wanting to think of such a thing. Soon Severus’s cute owl fluttered into my study and handed my two pieces of parchment, as I read I gently petted his owl. ‘Chloe, You coming now? That would be quite wonderful! I would enjoy seeing you and I must hear of this thing with Lucius. Attached is my address, I hope you find your way alright. ~Severus’
The owl, both the one with his kind words and the one with his address scribbled on the back made me smile; he always brought me great happiness. I nuzzled my owl back into his cage, leaving the door open anyway and grabbed my cloak, sling it on I dissaperated to the address provided for me from Severus. As I walked up along the houses looking for the number scribble I couldn’t help but to notice all the people stare at me. Once I found the number scribbled down on the parchment I hesitantly knocked on the door, hoping that this was the correct house. I door soon slowly opened to revel Severus in the doorway.
~Snape~
Sitting in my chair waiting for Chloe I couldn’t help but to smile, she made me so happy. A knock on my door made me jump from my chair and spring towards the door. I peeked my head out and asked “Who is it?” without looking. “Me Severus.” A voice I knew so well chimed in from the other side of the door. I moved aside and let the figure in, I could tell the figure was female but my mind had yet to process who it actually was. I watched as she hung up her coat and stood there, looking at me.
~Combined~
“I’ve missed you Severus…” Once those words left her mouth he knew who it was, who had come to visit him and who now stood right in front of him. “I’ve missed you as well Chloe.” He said as he smiled warmly, looking at her with shinning eyes. He blinked to snap himself from his phase of amazement and swooped his hand towards the living room. “Please, Chloe sit, make yourself at home.” He smiled as he followed her to the living room, taking a seat on the couch as she took a seat on the arm chair, crossing her legs right over left. “Would you like some tea or coffee or something?” He asked her at the ready to get up, she shook her head. “No, thank you though. How have you been Severus?” She asked him as she looked around, trying to avoid his eyes. “I have been well. Yourself?” “I’ve been…fine.” She said with a slight smile. “So Chloe please tell me what happened at Malfoy manor, with Lucius.” Severus asked her calmly, trying to get her to look into his eyes. “Well…” She sighed and looked into his eyes as she began to tell him the story. “I went to Malfoy manor for dinner after our graduation from school, it was fairly normal we ate and talked, but Lucius wouldn’t stop staring at me. When I said that I must get home Lucius jumped up and said ‘Allow me to escort you out my dear’. I really didn’t want him to do such a thing but I could not protest with the man, the walk to the front gate was normal until I had my hand on the gate handle. He grabbed me and kissed me; I fought myself away and took off for home. Oh Severus, it was so terrible!” She could feel tears springing to her eyes.
What happened next, shocked she for such a thing had never happened before, and Severus hugged her close. “Chloe,” She could hear the anger in his voice. “I’m so sorry, I’m here for you. I won’t let that happen to you ever again.” Chloe blinked to keep the tears away. “What? R-really?” She couldn’t help but to smile; Severus stood up and turned so he was facing her. “I’ve never felt like this before, I didn’t think I could love, but I’m in love with you Chloe.” Severus said and pulled her close and kissed her. It was a burst of light behind Chloe’s retinas when he kissed her. Before she knew it, she had fainted.
~Severus~
I let out a sigh as my lips left Chloe’s. I wasn’t afraid to show my love, finally. She would know. A loud ‘thump’ caught my attention, I looked down and saw Chloe, and she had fainted. So many things began running through my mind, ‘Was I that bad?’ ‘Do I need kissing lessons?’ I shook my head, lifted Chloe into my arms and carried her upstairs, laying her down on my bed.
Waiting was killing him, why wasn’t she awake yet? Was she dead!? I started to panic, dread and fear filled me and then her eyes fluttered open, staring at me with those beautiful violet eyes of hers.
~Combined~
Chloe’s eyes fluttered open and she slowly looked around, at first her mind was blank and she felt like a cloud. “Chloe?” That voice…she knew that voice…Severus. Everything came flooding back to her, the meeting and the kiss, she had fainted. She sat up and looked at him ‘I must be in his room…’ she thought. She smiled as she looked at him. “Severus?” She asked, her voice cracking a little. “Yes?” He answered, looking at her like something vile was pouring from her mouth. “I love you.” She wasn’t sure if she should say it to him but she did anyway. “You…you do?” He asked looking at her, he smiled softly, and Chloe thought she was in a dream.
She pinched herself and sucked in a breath, ‘Nope! Real’. “Chloe, it, well it tends to get a bit lonely here, with all this space all alone. So, you know I was uh well wondering if maybe you’d like to stay here, with me? I mean, you’d have your own room.”Severus said looking at her intensely. Chloe’s mouth hung open before she remembered he was waiting for her to answer. “Oh uh... Of course.” She said breathlessly. He smiled and took her hand, leading her down the hall to an empty room. “There’s a fresh bed, a desk, lamp night stand and a wardrobe. I am…” He cut his sentence off and looked into her eyes, Chloe stepped closer and placed her hand on his cheek before kissing him. Severus’s hand snaked around her waist and pulled her close, their bodies pressing against one another.
They pulled apart and he glance at the clock. “It’s getting late…” He took off his shirt and handed it to her. “You should sleep… You can sleep in that if you’d like.” He said before leaving. Chloe threw off her clothes and pulled on his shirt, she laid in bed, snuggling inside the shirt. She took a breath of his cologne and feel asleep, her thoughts clear and blank for the first time in a long time.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 7 comments. Post your own now!

msoledadvc said...
I support the comments above. It's a little unrealistic and messed up a few things but it is very nice. Write more! I want to know what is happens...

secretlypoetic said...
This book was interesting, but also very unrealistic... I would be very interested to know why she already hated Lucius, and why Fenrir was able to get to her. I like your writing style though!

Your_Beautiful_Lies replied...
Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:18 am
Yeah, this book is still a work in progress. The reasons to her hateful spite towards Lucius is coming very soon, as well as the reasons behind why Fenrir gets to her so well. :)

Your_Beautiful_Lies said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 7:46 am
Haha Yes I know there was the how Wizarding Worl battle, but I didn't want so much drama in the begining so I cut that out. xD And thank you, your nice comments make me write more. :)

DinoNugget said...
This was a wonderful story.  I liked it very much, but there is one thing that irks me a little.  Around Draco's graduation time, there was the whole Hogwarts battle, and Snape died.  That's my only real problem.  Unless Draco was a year younger than her...?  Although, I don't think the years mix during classes.  Your writing style was very good.  Keep up the good work.  Write on!

Your_Beautiful_Lies said...
Jan. 19, 2011 at 10:39 am

I wanted to base this story on a rare thing that happens to some young girls to rais peoples awareness on it. :)

Ys sorry about that i got all worked up in my writing and often forget! :O

More is coming!

bahannahpeel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I liked this story, it kind of freaked me out a little though. Is Chloe exceptionally beautiful, so all the older men want a go at her?

Also, somtimes in the first person you used 'he'. I know that can get confusing--I do it all the time!

I liked it. the ending was a bit unrealistic, but good. Is there more? I'd love to read it