A Rose Without Thorns, Still Called a Rose?

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

The Rescue

I couldn’t seem to pull myself together and soon my legs couldn’t hold me up, and I collapsed onto the hard ground of the forest floor. My face in my hands as tears slowly slid down my cheeks, leaving long streaks. I leaned me head against the trunk of a tree and closed my eyes, trying to pull myself together. “Hello beautiful...” A voiced purred in my ear, my eyes snapped open, I knew that voice. “Fenrir…” I checked out in my fear, but my fear soon faded and was replaced with slight happiness. Fenrir Greyback, the big bad werewolf of my time, he was my answer, he was my escape. His meaty hand reached out and wiped the tears from my cheeks. “No more tears my sweet; I will change your sorrow into something…better.” He said and smirked, I could feel his breath in my ear, his hand began to caress my frail, pale cheek and I couldn’t help but to tremble. “Please…don’t…” I said softly as his hand moved to my shirt, his large hands fumbling with the buttons. I screamed out. This wasn’t what I wanted, I didn’t want pleasure, and I wanted death. He quickly covered my mouth with his hand. “No, no my sweet, you’ll like this, I promise.” He said softly into my ear and chuckled, his chuckle was dark and sadistic.
~Snape~
I sat in my office, grading essays of my students, who seemed not to get the concept of Potions, a fair few did, but I would have liked more. My head snapped up to look out the window once I head, what I thought to be a scream. I shook my head and continued to grade essays, before I heard it again. “What in Merlin…?” I said and placed my quill down in my ink pot and threw on my cloak. I made my way down and out of the castle, I looked about outside and spotted a faint light coming from somewhere in the Forbidden Forest. “Teenagers…” I muttered and made me way into the Forbidden Forest. As I came closer to where the light was coming from, the screams became louder and louder. What I laid my eyes upon; I would never be able to forget. I could my heart drop as I looked upon the scene. “Let. Her. Go. Fenrir!”

~Chloe~
I could feel Fenrir remove his hand from my mouth and I slowly opened my eyes, my vision was blurred from tears, but I could make out what looked to be a figure. The figure lifted its want and shot a spell at Fenrir, who shot backwards into a tree. The figure came closer to me and I backed into a tree. “Please, please, d-don’t.” I stuttered out. “Don’t worry Chloe, your safe now.” That voice, I knew that voice. “Severus?” I asked softly as I was gathered in someone’s arms. “Yes. Now shh. Sleep and this will all be over.” He said in my ear, sending shivers down my spine, I sighed happily and closed my eyes, drifting into a sweet slumber.

~Snape~
I couldn’t help but to mentally kick myself as I carried Chloe out of the Forbidden Forest, she looked as peaceful as she slept in my arms. I wondered what Fenrir wanted with her? What was so important about Fenrir Greyback having Chloe Winters under his arm? I sighed and shook my head as I kicked open the front doors to the Castle. To my luck Minerva was doing her shift of rounds in the corridors. “Minerva!” I called out to her, she turned around to see who called her and once she laid eyes upon Chloe in my arms she gasped and came running. “Severus,” She said, “What…what has happened to Mrs. Winters?” She asked pushing Chloe’s hair from her face. “I’m not all sure; maybe she had a fight with someone. All I know is that I found her in the Forbidden Forest, Fenrir Greyback had her in his hold, if I wasn’t there…” A trailed off feeling tears sting my eyes. “Ahh, take her to the infirmary.” She said. “I’ll get Albus.” And soon I was left alone in the corridor, with Chloe asleep and hurt in my arms. I knew of her injuries and made sure not to make them any worse as I slowly walked to the infirmary.
I was met at the door by Albus, Minerva, and Madam Pomfrey. “Ahh, the poor dear. Lay her on the bed Severus.” Madam Pomfrey said as she grabbed different vials and jars and went to work on Chloe and her wounds. I stared at her, lying there, so vulnerable for a long moment before walking back to Albus and Minerva. “Severus, what could Fenrir be doing here? Near the castle?” Minerva asked me, concern in her voice. “I do not know Minerva.” I turned towards Albus. “Albus, promise me you will have someone keep guard on her. Not that I do not trust this castle but I worry about this girl…” Albus nodded, he could clearly see where my worry was coming from, he understood completely. “Of course Severus, just as a precaution.” He said and winked at me once Minerva had turned her back. “Severus, don’t let your heart get the best of you…” He whispered in my ear before leaving with Minerva, leaving me, Chloe, and Madam Pomfrey. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, what was I going to do? I couldn’t let my heart speak for me, but my heart seemed to be wining this battle. I sat down in one of the chairs next to Chloe’s bed and before I thought about it, I took her hand in mine and waited for the girl to wake.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

msoledadvc said...
I support the comments above. It's a little unrealistic and messed up a few things but it is very nice. Write more! I want to know what is happens...

secretlypoetic said...
This book was interesting, but also very unrealistic... I would be very interested to know why she already hated Lucius, and why Fenrir was able to get to her. I like your writing style though!

Your_Beautiful_Lies replied...
Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:18 am :
Yeah, this book is still a work in progress. The reasons to her hateful spite towards Lucius is coming very soon, as well as the reasons behind why Fenrir gets to her so well. :)

Your_Beautiful_Lies said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 7:46 am:
Haha Yes I know there was the how Wizarding Worl battle, but I didn't want so much drama in the begining so I cut that out. xD And thank you, your nice comments make me write more. :)

DinoNugget said...
May 21, 2011 at 9:24 pm:
This was a wonderful story.  I liked it very much, but there is one thing that irks me a little.  Around Draco's graduation time, there was the whole Hogwarts battle, and Snape died.  That's my only real problem.  Unless Draco was a year younger than her...?  Although, I don't think the years mix during classes.  Your writing style was very good.  Keep up the good work.  Write on!

Your_Beautiful_Lies said...
Jan. 19, 2011 at 10:39 am:

I wanted to base this story on a rare thing that happens to some young girls to rais peoples awareness on it. :)

Ys sorry about that i got all worked up in my writing and often forget! :O

More is coming!

bahannahpeel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I liked this story, it kind of freaked me out a little though. Is Chloe exceptionally beautiful, so all the older men want a go at her?

Also, somtimes in the first person you used 'he'. I know that can get confusing--I do it all the time!

I liked it. the ending was a bit unrealistic, but good. Is there more? I'd love to read it