Kidge Collage AU | Teen Ink

Kidge Collage AU

August 31, 2018
By Geeky_Butterfly SILVER, Denver, Colorado
More by this author
Geeky_Butterfly SILVER, Denver, Colorado
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We all mess up sometimes it's just about how we fix it"-Geeky_Butterfly


Author's note:

It takes a while to write things like this it honestly dose 

The author's comments:

A/N : I'll update as much as I can 

Katie

I brushed my hair getting ready for the day I put on some blush and let my freckles not be covered by makeup. I let my wavy hair down and put on a pair of bunny ears and put my glasses on. I looked in the mirror and studied my outfit. A green floral shirt and a pair of ripped jeans. My phone chimed with a text from Keith and my face instantly heated up. I have a huge crush on Keith and I really don’t think he’s into me. Hey Katie cat wanna walk to the coffee shop with me.  I walked outside my dorm to see him out there. “Hey Katie cat” He greeted me as he hugged me close to him. My face heated up as I caught a bit of his sent. “H-hey K-keith so we gonna meet the others at the coffee shop or…” My voice trailed off. “Nope just me and you Katie cat” He said and I swear he smirked. My face went red and I put my head down so he couldn’t see my blush. If Matt was here I would never live this down ever. I let him walk me into the shop we walked up to the counter and somehow memorized my favorite coffee order. I put on my head phone as I got a booth for the both of us listening to “Panic Room” By Au/Ra. I texted Shiro who’s like an older brother to me He knows my coffee order!!! I started to sing quietly “Welcome to the panic room where all your darkest fears are gonna come for you come for you”. I kept singing and didn’t even realize that Keith had set my coffee in front of me. “Continue Katie cat you sing like an angel” Keith said. My face heated up and I looked down at my feet not able to stop the blush from blossoming on my face turing my pale complection scarlett. He laughed and sipped his coffee. I sipped mine shocked at how perfect it is. “ H-h-how do you know my coffee preferences Keith” I questioned him awestruck at the solid fact I never told anyone not even Matt my order. “Well Katie cat I figured you would want it sweet just like you” He told me plainly. My face reddened to a shade closer to Keith’s jacket which is pretty red to say the least. I put my face in my hands and hoped Keith didn’t see how red I am. I felt a set of lips on my forehead I looked up to see Keith has kissed me. “I love you Katie Holt” Keith told me just before he kissed my lips. I looked up at him and gave him a small smile. “Keith I thought you were into Allura I mean you two are always talking secretively about something” I said to him.


“About you Katie cat” He laughed.


Keith slid next to trapping me in the booth “Mine” he whispered quietly in my ear. I sat up rigidly as his arms hugged me tightly. For once in my life I wish it wasn’t a saturday and the start of spring break. After I finished my coffee we went to go see Lance who would always tells me how I was a perfect match for Keith. Keith and I walked hand in hand as we made our way to Lance’s apartment. When I went to go knock on his door Keith gripped my hand tighter protective almost. To my suprise Shiro answered the door. “Oh hey Katie sup Keith” He said to us as we walked in. “I’m gonna go fix my makeup I’ll be right back” I told the three once we got inside.

The author's comments:

10 points each to who ever can get the Jokes and refrences I add in the time skips

Keith

“Shiro Katie is mine okay” I warned Shiro with a cold tone. I see the way he looks at her sometimes and how he’s always trying to make her blush, I will not lose my Katie cat to this upperclassmen. She left to go fix her makeup though I don’t see why she needs any she’s beautiful and amazing. She came from the bathroom looking childlike with two twin braids on either sides of her head. I shook my head and blushed a bit at the girl standing in front of me. She sat in front of me on the floor as we all waited for Hunk, Allura, and Coran. I played with her braids as we all settled into a comfortable silence. A few minutes later Katie started singing “Panic Room” by Au/Ra .”My phone has my signal it’s making my skin crawl, the silence is so loud” Her voice was quiet but smooth. “Welcome to the panic room where all your darkest fears are gonna come for you, come for you” The words were flowing out of her mouth beautifully. She stopped when Shiro said something. “Wow Katie cat you’re amazing at singing’’ he told her. I watched her flush red and I swear I saw Shiro smirk. A fire sparked in my eyes and I wanted to punch him so badly. I inhaled sharply trying to keep my anger under control. I lifted up my lightweight girlfriend and sat her next to me on Lance’s loveseat. I played with her hair as she started to sing again “Soul frightening, face whitening fear you can’t reverse”. “My phone has my signal it’s making my skin crawl the silence is so loud” She was singing so beautifully I don’t ever want her to stop.  “The lights beck and flicker with monsters much bigger than I can control now” Her voice was entrancing capturing the melody perfectly. “Welcome to the panic room, where all your darkest fears are gonna come for you, come for you” Just as she finished that line the other three came into Lance’s apartment. I was glad she stopped I know how easy it is to make her blush. “So it finally happened?” Asked Matt Katie’s older brother who I didn’t even see come in. Katie buried her face in her hands embarrassed by her older brother which made the others laugh. I cast a glance as Shiro who glared at me in return a look that told me he would try to break me and Katie up. I inhaled again and Allura started some conversation. “So uh should me and Katie do the Pocky challenge?” I asked Allura because she wouldn’t shut up about it ever since Matt did it with her. Matt shot me a look of mock anger but secretly loved the idea of me and Katie being together. Lance and Hunk also had a romantic relationship that we all knew would happen at some point. Coran is single for life as he puts it and Shiro has a crush on Katie so that makes everything there and blatant. I inhaled again as Shiro shot Katie a look. I needed to keep my anger under control but Shiro keeps getting on my very last nerve. I had to chill out so to distract myself from the salt and pepper haired upperclassmen I played with Katie’s hair. I let myself calm down even more when I felt her head drop on my shoulder hours later. I looked down at her to she that she had fallen asleep. I glanced at the clock and saw it was 8:30 PM. I let her sleep and knew that Matt would drive us home later. “Was sleeping beauty up late last night”  Shiro asked half joking. “We texted until about 5:00 AM last night so yeah she was” I told him venom in my unmistakable. All eyes turned to me and Shiro we were both glaring daggers at each other. “If looks could kill” Allura said in a joking tone though she was also a little serious. Katie started to stir which made me break my glare while I checked to see if she’s awake. “What time is it” Katie asked still groggy her voice thick with sleep. “It’s 9:30 Katie cat you were out for an hour” I told her. She put her head on my shoulder and came in closer to me.


Shiro

I looked over at Katie who was cuddling with Keith after she woke up. Anger burned in me every time I looked over at them. I took a calming breath and glared at Keith again he had all the luck and could’ve had any girl he wanted but he chose Katie and she chose him. How is Matt even remotely okay with this how. Earlier I saw a text from Katie that reads He knows my coffee order!!! That sent me over edge, made anger boil inside me like a pot of lava and acid cooking over a volcano. I looked over at the couple again and knew I had to break them up there’s no way that she can be happy with Keith. “Matt how are you even remotely okay with that” I spat at him Katie jumped and moved in closer to Keith who was very obviously trying to keep his anger under control. I was even more enraged when she moved closer. “M-m-m-ma-matt c-c-can y-y-you t-take K-k-keith a-and me h-home” Katie stuttered out looking truly frightened. “Sure Kate” Matt replied shooting me a glare as the rest of the room was. Keith carried Katie outside and Matt followed.


Matt


I can’t believe Shiro flipped out like that. He scared Katie pretty badly and I’m glad that Keith kept himself under control and that we left when we did. Katie still looks badly shaken up. God I can’t believe we had to leave on that note. I dropped them both off at Keith’s house and went to go grab Katie something to wear as well as some make up for the next day. I drove to the apartment both of us shared and grabbed her a tee shirt and a skirt. I drove back to Keith’s place and handed her the stuff and drove off.


~Time skip~ Brought to you by Delta Airlines Where life is a heckin nightmare.


Chapter 3: Hiding

Katie

I woke up on the floor of Keith’s living room seeing that I fell off of his couch. I got ready for the day putting on the green tee shirt and green skirt. I redid the braids in my hair and grabbed a bowl of cereal. A few minutes later I saw Keith who was all ready to go as I was putting my bowl in the sink. “Ready to go Katie” He questioned as I walked over to him. “Yep” I replied as I took his hand. We walked to the park and I swear we looked like the strangest couple ever. I’m at least a foot shorter than Keith and that’s what makes us look out of place. I looked up at him as we neared the park with our cups of steaming coffee. We walked over and sat on the swings I started to swing and it was awesome. I jumped off of the swing shocked when I didn’t land on the ground but in Shiro’s arms instead. “You can put me down now” I told him trying to keep my voice from quivering. I looked over at Keith with panicked eyes. He stormed over to Shiro and pulled me from his arms. “I’m telling Matt about this look she looks absolutely frightened” Keith told Shiro both boys were shaking with anger. I needed to calm down. I put my head on Keith’s shoulder and intertwined our fingers so that we were holding hands doing everything within my power to keep him calm. I tugged his hand so that we could go see Matt and Allura. We walked even though it was 6 blocks away but Keith carried me half the way so it wasn’t too bad. I’m still really shaken up by what went down at the park though. Keith knocked on the door and my brother answered with a smile that seemed to have melted off when he saw me shaking. We went into the house and sat down. Keith explained what happened “she jumped off the swing and he caught her and wouldn’t put her down”.  Matt looked absolutely furious. I know he pretends like he doesn’t care but when it comes down to it he will do anything to make sure I’m okay and happy. Keith was playing with my hair whispering sweet nothings in my ear trying to calm me down. I leaned my head on his shoulder and got lost in thought.

 

Keith

Katie fell asleep on my shoulder like the night before and I let her sleep. I looked over at her to see her shaking and flinching while small but quiet screams left her lips. I didn’t know what to do so I called Matt. He shook her awake obviously knowing how bad this can get. When she opened her eyes they were filled with tears. “Kate how bad was it” Matt asked her sitting on the other side of her. “Shiro killed Keith and then tried to pretend it never happened and then he asked me out.” Katie stated. I looked down at her and hugged her tightly inhaling the scent of strawberry and honeysuckle. I’ve always loved the way Katie carried herself. I held her in my arms while we watched a movie us 2 couples on a double date except not really. Katie looked up at me her eyes sparkling. We looked at each other but the sound of the door opening made us both jump well more like she jumped into my arms. Shiro burst in a fire blazing in his eyes. Matt punched him in the jaw and held him off while I carried Katie out of the door.

 

~ Time Skip ~ Brought to you by Boyf Riends Jeremy doesn’t know any more

 

Lance


I got a frantic call from Keith who came into my apartment with a crying Katie, who looked even worse than last night. “What happened is Katie okay” I asked my voice full of concern. “Shiro did” Keith spat clutching Katie tighter but she didn’t seem to notice. The two came in and sat down on the love seat the three of us trying to calm Katie down. It’s only 10:29 AM. Shiro really did scare her didn’t he. Keith moved her hair from out of her face but continued to hold Katie tightly. We all thought the coast was clear and Katie even started to relax into Keith’s arms until a rather aggressive made Katie jump and run into our guest room. Keith followed her and locked the door ready to do anything to keep Katie safe from Shiro. I opened the door to let my salt and pepper haired friend in hoping that Keith had everything under control because she’s bound to be quaking right now. “Katie is here” Shiro stated as if he were here when Katie showed up crying and looking paler than usual. I glanced over to see she had her black shoes in the corner. I made a mental note to do bett



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.