PS, Missing In Action

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Anonymous

Everyday, they did the same thing: Riley would walk out her house, and Lucas would leave 1 second after. As Riley got in her car, she would wave at Lucas. They would both drive away. Riley would drive to her job in the city as a 9th grade teacher, where she works with her Uncle Josh, who happens to be a principal at that same school. Lucas drives to his job at BabiHart Law Offices, which partners with the NYPD, in downtown New York, where he works as a detective for the NYPD’s investigation division.

At the end of the day, the two have dinner together at either one’s house. They talk about their day, about the latest news, about life….about each other. One of them leaves the other’s house and goes right next door to their house they call  home. Then they each get ready for bed and talk to each other all night until one falls asleep. That was their routine that had been in place since they graduated college and moved into the same neighborhood. They always knew what, when, and how everything was going to happen.

Until, she left.

One morning, Lucas was waiting outside for Riley as she was going to take her brother Auggie to school that morning, since he was spending the night. Lucas waited for almost 30 minutes, thinking that maybe she was getting a little more dolled-up than usual. But, he waited, and waited, and waited, until eventually….she never came. He rang her doorbell. Auggie opened the door while only in his boxers and a tank top and his “Mr. Googly” socks.

“What do you want?”, he said in a tone that acknowledged a lack of sleep for Auggie.

“Auggie, is Riley awake?”, Lucas said.

“No, why?”

“It’s 9:45, and she hasn’t called, or texted, or anything.”

“I don’t know, let me check upstairs.”

The 17 year old walked around the house calling out “Riley!” to see if she would answer. Lucas began doing searching of his own. He went into her bedroom which was on the first floor. He walked into her room and saw that she wasn’t there. Yet her phone was. All of the sudden, he saw something on the side of the case. He saw a mini red mark. He turned the case over and found many more red marks, as if they were stains of blood. He then pulled the covers off the bed and found more blood stains. He finally noticed a note on the closet door that said this:

“You can’t help her now. I’ve got her. Don’t try.”

Lucas ran out the door to see Auggie standing there.

“Did you find her Lucas?”

“Auggie….Riley’s missing.”

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »