I'm in love with my bully

Chapters:   1 2 Next »

A New Country But Not A New Me

As the loud obnoxious sirens inch closer and closer to my house I could hear…. Wait I should start from where my whole wild adventure began. First off my name is Seán William McLoughlin and I have extremely bad depression. I also cut but my mom doesn't know yet. I'm going to be transferring from my home country. Always gloomy, non stop down pouring Ireland. To sunny mesmerizing L.A. because my mom got a new job as a teacher. Surprisingly her new job pays a lot more than being an executive chef back in Ireland. The number one thing I'm going to miss the most about Ireland is my teachers at my old beaten up, small, horrible smelling place called a school. I didn't have any friends throughout primary and the beginning half of my first year of secondary school. I'm moving to L.A. before the second half of secondary school begins.
     ~1 week later~ I just got done moving into our fabulous new house in gorgeous, sunny L.A. I'm starting school tomorrow I wonder if I'm going to get bullied again just like I was back in Ireland for being gay. That's one of the reasons my depression is getting a whole lot worse. After I got all settled in and unpacked my mom yells up to me, “Seán dinners ready come down and eat.”
     “Ok I'm coming give me a second!” I yell back down to her as I get off my bed to head down. As I sit down at the dinner table with my food my mom asks me “how do you like the new house is it to your liking?”
     I say back to her, “mom I love the house but I'm perfectly fine with a big or small house as long as you can afford the rent then it makes it our home.” I smile her way and she smiles back at me with tears streaming down her face.
      I get up to comfort her and then she whispers to me as I hug her, “Seán I could never ask for a better son ever I'm glad I have you in my life and I can count on you just like your father counted on me to keep you happy.” I start to tear up because I remember the night my father died. I was about 12 years old on a cold rainy blissful night after dinner my mom came in my room and said, “ I'm so sorry but your beloved father has passed away from trying to stop a horrible street fight defending a poor high schooler.” After I heard that my whole body shut down and something inside of me just snapped like a twig breaking beneath someone's foot. I was devastated but I knew that since my dad wasn't around anymore I was the one that had to protect my mom with my entire life and whole heart. I smile as I detached myself from my mom and told her good night.
     She smiled back at me and said,”goodnight dear have a peaceful sleep and have sweet dreams tomorrow is a big day for both of us.” Before I went upstairs I gave my mom a hug and a kiss on the cheek then went to my room to sleep. As I got to my bedroom I only thought of the bad things that might happen at this new school. I soon let slumber take my week tired body and engulf me to my happy place as I slept.

Chapters:   1 2 Next »