Rise of Oryx | Teen Ink

Rise of Oryx

CH.2  THE STAND

Little to the knowledge of Dr.Terrible all that had happened was a set up by, the ruler of the manor of immortals, Ruthven.  He knew that Dr.Terrible would make a move, so he would send fumes up into the sky, that would blot out the sun.  Dr.Terrible was novice to this and would reap the punishments of his temerity.  The fumes came up and then, a portal of darkness appeared on the beach.  The tawdry pirates of the shore went to it.  When the darkness faded dark vampires came out and killed the pirates in a horrible spectacle.  Anything that got between them was razed.  Ruthven emerged on the powerful NIGHTMARE.  He signaled his lieutenant, Sephintreith.  Once they got to midlands there was a battle.  Sephintreith headed the assault.  The carnage wrought by both sides was immense as the land was ravaged in conflict.  The great defense in midlands, the juggernaut’s wall, was all that was left as the small outskirting forces were eviscerated.  The dark forces of Ruthven stopped about 10 yards from the wall and chanted in unison as Ruthven came up on the nightmare.  All of the forces on this side of the wall were sandmen.  They stood atop the wall spears aimed down upon the vampires ready to be thrown, but they awaited the shaman.  The shaman yelled “FIRE” as a barrage of spears rained down upon the vampires as they rushed the wall.  The first wave of vampires was felled quickly but more kept coming at them.  The vampires were only the main force of Ruthven, there was much more at his disposal, and the juggernaut’s wall was going to fall.  The destruction on both sides was great, and with the sun blotted out by the gases the vampires had no weaknesses. 
“THIS BATTLE HAS GONE LONG ENOUGH, DESTROY THE WALL.”  Ruthven said to Sephintreith.  “ATTACK!” Sephintreith yelled as he and the other forces of the manor came out and attacked.  The juggernaut’s wall’s fate was swift as it was quickly destroyed by the armor guard bombs.  Once the wall was down svelte hellhounds quickly rushed in and started killing. 
“Sephentreith, place coffins at the portal.” “Why my lord?” Sephentreith said “Because I know what they are planning”.  Ruthven was right, the sandmen were planning to make an offensive, when they got there, there were coffins.  The coffins opened up and attacked killing the offensive.  Now this part of the wall was going to fall.  Sephentreith had the forces retreat so the next wave could annihilate them.  Feratu, bats and everything left assaulted the wall bringing the sandmen down.  But the sandmen had a bunker and they would do anything in their power to defend Dr.Terrible, not out of loyalty, but out of fear.  In their bunker, Ruthven’s forces went around them and they prepared.