Alpha Twin | Teen Ink

Alpha Twin

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Alaska McCall. I'm 17 years old and there is a clone of me out there somewhere. Except he's a guy, his name is Scott. I know what he looks like and he knows what I look like. I stopped living with him when I was seven.
*Ten years ago*
The night was clear to me; my dad came home from work earlier then usual. Scott and I were hanging out with our friends Lydia Martin and Stiles Stilinksi.
"Alaska. Get your bag." My father's voice was stern and I looked at him with confusion. He pointed up stairs with a look that could kill someone. I got up quickly and rushed up the stairs.
"Daddy..what's going on?" Scott's voice was loud, I heard it from my room. My father was explaining something to him and Scott let out a cry. "No! You can't take her! You can't move without me and mom!" Shouts were heard around the house from Scott, my dad and my mom. I grabbed two bags that was put on my bed some time during the day. My room was completely empty. How did I not notice it then? I was probably too busy with my friends. I let out a sob that I was holding back and heard a giant clashing sound downstairs.
"What the hell did you just do?" My mom's voice screamed. I rushed out of the room and saw a pool of blood on the floor. Scott laid next to the blood and our friends were no where to be seen.
"What did you do to Scott, daddy?" Tears stained my cheeks, dropping my bags. I went to Scott and sat down picking up his hand.
"Let's go, Alaska. Now." His voice scared me and I started screaming and kicking my legs. A typical tantrum. I don't remember much of what happened after because I blacked out during my fit.
"Alaska...wake up, princess." My eyes fluttered open and I looked around. I looked up at an unfamiliar house. It was our house, mine and my dad's.
"Where are we? Where's mommy? Where's Scott?!" I looked around and he put a hand on my head, ruffling my hair.
"We're home and they are at their home." He was serious about moving. They weren't here. I was starting a new life and I didn't like it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*About a year and a half ago*
Pain. I felt nothing but that. My vision was hazy as I looked up.
"Alaska? Alaska? Are you okay?" Derek Hale's voice seemed to be flying around my ears. I looked at his tan face and shook my head the best I could.
"What..did you...do?" My voice was like a gasp and he chuckled, a smirk replacing his concerned look.
"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." I let out a cough and grabbed his arm.
"Tell me, Hale. Tell me now." I focused on his face and I was able to see straight for a few seconds. Sirens were heard in the distance and he sighed.
"Ask me later." He got up and looked back at me, "If you're still alive."  If? What was that supposed to mean.
Moments after Derek left me, someone came up and found me. "Miss?" It was a girl, her hair was long and blonde. She rushed to my side and looked at my arm. Blood was every where and I was beginning to see dark edges out of the corner of my eye.
"Help..m-" More people were heard running up. I looked up and saw my father's concerned face right before everything went dark.
*Now*
"Alaska! Up and at em!" My dad's voice was cheery. He had gotten a new job back in our old town. Beacon Hills. I groaned and rolled over in bed.
"Dad, it's Saturday. Why are you waking me?" He laughed and I forced a smile on his face.
"Go look around the neighborhood. Things have changed, princess." I swung my feet over to one side of my bed and sighed.
"I know." He walked out of the room and smiled before shutting the door. Off to work he went. He's been working days and nights since we first moved here. I had to unpack everything myself.
"Okay, let's go explore." My face winced as I got up, my leg was asleep. I groaned and hit it up and down on the ground until I felt it again. I hopped up out of bed and looked at my closet, searching for my pink stripped shirt and some high waisted shorts with flip flops. Grabbing my phone, I walked out of my room slowly and went down the stairs at the same speed. A click proved that my front door was locked and I was okay to go and walk about. My hair was naturally a dark brown, almost black, and it was wavy with some curls at the end. I took out my phone and swiped through apps, looking at pictures and at tweets.
"Hey, watch out!" A voice yelled. My head snapped up and looked right. A blue jeep with black doors screeched to a stop. A guy in the car raised his hands, looking mad. He pulled to the side and jumped out of the car.
"I-I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention...I didn't realize I was in the road and--I'm sorry." The words rushed from my mouth and the guy shook his head.
"Worse things have happened in this town." I raised an eyebrow and shook my head. Worse things have happened to me. My thought was interrupted by the boy sticking out his hand. I smiled and put my hand in his, shaking it. "I'm Stiles. Stiles Stilinski." The smile left my face and my brown eyes widened.
"Stiles?" Memories flew by in my brain and my frown turned into a grin. "It's me..Ala-"
"Alaska?" He let out a happy laughed and pulled me into a hug. He was much taller then I was, so I had no choice but to put my arms around his waist. He smelled like a boy, all sweaty and full of cologne. "I haven't seen you since we were what? Six?"
"Seven." He shook his head and walked over to the passenger side of the jeep.
"Get in." I raised my eyebrow and grabbed the door to get in.
"Where are we going?" He smiled and hopped in the drivers side, our doors closing in sync.
"To see Scott."

We drove rather quickly to my old house. It still looked the same, dark and tall. The kitchen light was on, it was always on.
"He won't remember me." My hand was shaky as I unbuckled myself. Stiles gave me a look and rolled his eyes.
"You're his identical twin. I think he would remember a girl who looks exactly like him." My eyebrows raised and crossed my arms.
"You didn't." He jumped out of the car and walked quickly to the other side to open mine. Once it was open, he pulled on my arm and gave me a look when I got out.
"You looked familiar to me but, I wasn't sure who you were exactly. That's why I got out of my car." As if to stop the conversation, he pulled on my hand, well my wrist. I groaned as he pulled on my wrist and sighed.
"I know how to walk without being yanked on you know." His eyes rolled and he opened the door like it was his house.
"Hey Scott! Come down here!" He yelled, letting my arm go. He walked into the direction of the kitchen and I stood as still as a statue. The house was the same outside and inside. The living room had the same table, same TV stand but candles sat there instead of a TV.
"Want some food?" Noises were heard from upstairs and in the kitchen. I walked to where Stiles voice was and found him digging through the fridge.
"No thanks man!" A deep voice yelled down. I gulped and pushed Stiles.
"Hey, hey! Where's...where's my mom?" Stiles's head appeared out of  the fridge, eating a grape.
"At work. She works at the hospital...still." He added the last part quickly and raised his eyebrows when he heard footsteps coming down the stairs.
"Where are you?" Scott called from the living room and from his footsteps, he was coming into the kitchen. I went into the hall and hid behind the door frame, Stiles giving me a look. I shook my head and bit the flesh inside my cheek.
"Kitchen. Of course." A tall figure stood in front of the door frame, blocking my view of Stiles. He had dark hair, like mine. His skin was tan, like mine. The only difference between us was that I was about a foot shorter then him.
"What did you want me to come down here for?" There was silence between the two and Stiles closed the fridge. My heart was beating out of my chest, I didn't know what to do. The silence was killing me. Finally, after what seemed forever, Scott turned around. I swallowed hard and looked up at his small face. He looked the same, his face was just thinner, no chubby cheeks. His eyebrows raised and his adam's apple bobbed at he swallowed.
"Alaska?" His voice cracked and tears came to his eyes.
"It's me." My voice was quiet, a tear rolled down my cheek. He looked down at me and let tears fall down his face. I fell into his arms and he held me tightly. I felt a sob fall from my throat and he chuckled kissing my forehead.
I could've stayed in that hug forever.

"How have you been? I haven't seen you in...a really long time." The three of us were sitting in the living room.
"I've been...good, I guess." My shoulders shrugged and I took a bite of my bagel that Scott had gave me. Stiles looked at me furrowing his eyebrows.
"Why are you back here, anyway?" The two of us stared at him and he snapped his head up. "I mean, like...yeah. Why are you back here?" His tone was nice and I let out a laugh.
"My dad--" I looked at Scott and motioned to both of us, "Our dad. He uh, got a new job here. He's like a detective or something for the police station. I don't know, it's stupid. I hardly see him, except for mornings and sometimes nights." I sighed and looked at me hands, putting my bagel back on my plate. I wasn't hungry anymore. I loved seeing my dad everyday, at his old job I saw him every minute of everyday. With this job, I never see him.
"Same with my dad but, since a few days ago this new guy, Detective McCall has been taking some of his cases." He shook his head, annoyed. Scott looked at him and rolled his eyes.
"Stiles."
"Yeah Scott." His face let out a smile and then he frowned. "McCall is your last name. Your dad is stealing...my dad's...job."
"No he's not! He's just simply testing out a new position." I crossed my arms and my attention turned the door opening quickly.
"I hate working at the hospital. So many sick, injured and dead people. Honestly, why am I the first one to always see those thi--" A short woman walked in. Her hair was almost black and it was short, curly. I stood up quickly and looked at her as she stared at me.
"M-Mom?" Once again tears had went up to my eyes.
"Alaska?" She dropped her bags and opened her arms. It was a simple gesture showing that she wanted a hug. I jumped over Stiles's legs and ran to her, meeting her arms.
"I've missed you so much!" A sob found it's way out of my mouth and she smoothed down my hair. She smelled nice, a strong perfume scent filled my nose.
"My baby girl..I've missed you more." Her voice was shaky and light. She was taller then me, everyone was, but she was only tall by a few inches. The hug lasted for minutes, both of us not wanting to let go.
That was another hug that I wished would last forever.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott and Stiles went upstairs to Scott's room to talk about some school thing for a few minutes. My mom went back out to work, her lunch break was over. The door was left open and I didn't realize because I was too busy watching TV.
"Who are you?" A strawberry blonde asked, walking in the door with a familiar face right behind her.
"Alaska." I felt small with the two staring down at me. I stood up and narrowed my eyes. I knew the guy, it was Derek Hale. He was staring at me with wide eyes. He remembered, his mouth opened to say something but the girl beat him to it.
"Alaska? I-It's me...Lydia." She smiled, tears found her eyes and I smiled, hugging her tightly. My old best friend cried into my shoulder and held my tighter then I held her. "I can't believe this is real...you..here...wow."
"I can't either." Derek's voice spoke up. I broke away from the hug and glared at him.
"What did you do to me?" He stared down at me and rolled his eyes, grabbing my arm and pulling me upstairs.
"You know him?" Lydia stared at me with a confused look and I nodded. Derek pulled me into a room and shut the door halfway. There was voice next door, Scott and Stiles.
"What did you do to m-" Derek held up his free hand and stared at my right one, my old injured one. "Listen, Derek. Ever since you did whatever you did to me, I've been blacking out every full moon, every time I get pissed. I hear things no other person can hear and I used to suck at sports, suddenly I'm amazing! And...I don't have asthma anymore. How do you explain that?" He stared at my arm and chuckled.
"I bit you." The answer was simple to him and he let my arm fall. I stared at him and let my eyes narrow.
"You bit me? A human bite doesn't do that, or anything. It's like you turned me into something...something bad." I had looked up what could be wrong with me before. The only thing that made any kind of sense is that a werewolf bit me but, the thing is...werewolves aren't real.
"I wasn't...human when I did it. I was a--you know what? Forget it. You wouldn't believe me." He began to walk out of the room and I followed him into the hallway.
"A werewolf?" He stopped walked and turned around, staring me down. I gulped and widened my eyes when I saw his change color. His once brown eyes had turned a bright blue and I took a step back into Scott's door.
"I swear man, I smelled her from when I was in my room. She's a...werewolf." He whispered the last part and I pushed the door open. "Like me.." His voice trailed off and the two looked at me with wide eyes.
"I'm a what? You're a what? What is Derek?" I looked around at everyone and Lydia ran up the stairs. "Werewolves aren't real. They're nothing but, a myth. A simple story." Lydia grabbed my hand and brought me down the stairs and out the front door.
"It's not a myth. I'll explain everything on the way to my house. Get in." She walked my to a small convertible and opened her door. When I didn't move she scoffed and pushed me to the passenger side. "Get. In."
"Fine." I jumped in the car and she sped off down the road.
Something was up with this town and I could tell you....I didn't like it.

Lydia and I were sitting on her pink comforter. Her room was far different from mine, more girly at the most.
"So..me and him are..werewolves?" She had explained everything to me and I noticed her biting the inside of her cheek.
"Alphas. I read something about twin werewolves..they change the same way. You were both bit around the same time and not to mention by the same person...it all adds up. You're Alpha werewolves. Your eyes are both red. You're both true Alphas." The information made sense. I acted differently ever since my little incident with Derek...wait, the same person bit us?
"Derek bit us both? What?" Her reddish hair nodded and she looked at her phone.
"Ugh, crap. Someone backed out of this double date I'm going on." She frowned and it was soon replaced with a smirk. "Do you wanna go? It's like a fancy date so...that outfit, will not work." My cheeks flushed red and I shook my head.
"I-I'm not good with dates." She rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand, standing up.
"Come on, it's a double date. I'll be there, just with my boyfriend while you're with someone else." I raised an eyebrow and sighed.
"Fine." She squealed and brought me to her closet.
"Pick an outfit, any outfit. You can keep it. Can I do your hair?" Her words flew from her mouth so fast and I laughed, shaking my head. I picked out a simple, yet fancy, outfit. I put on the black heels and almost fell face first onto the floor.
"Woah, woah." Lydia laughed and pulled me to her bed. "Let me do your hair and then you can practice walking.
*Half an hour later*
"You look stunning!" The words gushed from my mouth and Lydia smiled, bowing.
"I try, I try." She laughed and hooked her arm with mine, "You look gorgeous. Your date will love you."  We walked down the stairs, arm in arm and I gave a small wave to Mrs. Martin.
"Have fun girls!" Her light voice called and we both told her we would.
"You would think Jackson would be polite enough to come and pick us up. Your date would but, he has a stupid little--nevermind. It's just an ugly car." She complained as we both got into the car. I laughed and buckled myself in. It was a short drive, it only took us three songs to get their. That's how I count the time that passes during car rides, by songs. One time my dad and I went on a trip to some business thing for him and we went throught 143 songs. All repeating over and over again.
"Alright. Now, Jackson is a dirty blonde...well, with his buzz cut he looks like one. His eyes are a dazzling blue, he's not your date. Your date is the guy next to him, they hate each other but they are forced to hang out together. For a weird lacrosse related reason." She shot me a smile before opening her door and walking towards the restaurant. I followed her inside and looked around. Yup, this was a fancy place. It had classical music and everything.
"There they are, come on!" Lydia squealed and began to run. Well, not really considering she was wearing heels. It was like a small waddle run.
"Jackson, this is my best friend, Alaska." I looked up at the boy and my mouth opened a bit. He was handsome but, he was Lydia's.
"Pleasures all mine. I've heard a lot of things about you, old memories of course. Welcome to Beacon Hills." His voice was smooth and my eyes traveled around the room. Where was my date?
"You're date is in the bathroom. He'll be out in a second." He pulled out a seat for Lydia and then the seat next to her, the one for me.
"Uh, thank you for the gesture Jackson but, I have to go to the ladies room real fast." I set my--Lydia's bag, she let me borrow it, down on the table and rushed off to the bathroom. There was no one in there, thank god for that.
"Why am I so nervous? I don't even know the guy." I shook my head and turned the water on, the sound of water falling relaxed me. That's why whenever a storm was happening I kept the windows opened and listened to each little drop hit the ground. I stayed in the bathroom for a few more minutes and took a deep breath, walking back to my table.
"Alaska, it's about time!" Lydia's voice called. It sounded sweet and happy. Probably because she was being all heart eyes with Jackson. A familiar head sat on the chair across from me and began to get up. They walked over to my chair and pulled it out, turning his face towards me.
"Stiles?" He looked, well...how do I put this? Dashing? Handsome? Gorgeous? He cleaned up good. When I met him, his hair was crazy, he was wearing a flannel with a t-shirt under and jeans. Now he was in a dress shirt and pants with his hair less...crazy. Yeah, that was the word.
"You look...gorgeous." Stiles stared at me, smiling. My heart raced quickly and I felt my face start to heat up. I sat down quickly and he sat back in his seat just as fast.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Stiles POV~
"You look...gorgeous." The second the words left my tongue I had to suppress a groan. I put a smile on my face and sat down quickly after Alaska did. She really did look gorgeous...why did I have to say it like that? It was a simple sentence but, nooo I had to go and act like me, Stiles the Idiot. I took a sip of water and kept my eyes on the girl in front of me. As hard as I tried, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. It was like I was in some sort of trance that only allowed me to stare into her big, beautiful brown eyes...Stiles! Snap out of it. I shook my head slightly and smiled at her.
"So, how was your first day of actually leaving the house?" Alaska let out a small giggle and she shrugged, sipping her drink.
"It was fine I suppose. How did you know that I haven't gone out of the house?" Her eyebrows wiggled and she laughed, glancing over at the couple next to us. Lydia, the girl I've had a crush on since fifth grade and Jackson, her annoying boyfriend were leaned in so close next to each other. I rolled my eyes a bit and sat up when I saw our waitress coming.
"It was a guess." I mumbled a response to her question and nudged Jackson's arm. "Our waitress is coming, love birds." My eyes glanced at Alaska and I noticed her giggling a bit. It was cute. Cute? Really Stilinski? Stop it.
"Can I get you started with some drinks?" I went to go and talk but, Alaska beat me to it.
"I'll have a sprite and eh, why not? A bloody mary, virgin." She smiled and nodded her head in my direction.
"I'll have a coke...that's all." Lydia leaned to Alaska and whispered something in her ear and Alaska just shrugged with a laugh.
"I'll have the same as him. Lydia, what do you want to drink?" Jackson asked, gathering up everyone's menus. Alaska reached for hers but, Jackson shook his head, mouthing something. She nodded and her hand retreated back to her body.
"I'll have the same as her, except with a pepsi not a sprite." Lydia flashed her infamous beautiful smile that caused my heart to beat a bit faster.
~Alaska POV~
*End of the date*
I was focusing on just getting a burger with some fries as my dinner but, what Jackson ordered for all of us was fantastic. It was something with fish and meat, I don't know. It was great.
"Jackson, you picked out a good meal my man." Stiles smiled and nodded his head at Jackson, who sat there glaring at Stiles.
"Don't call me that." His eyes rolled and he gave me a faint smile. I raised my eyes at Stiles and he shook his head.
"He doesn't like me that well." He whispered to me and I saw Jackson nod in agreement. I let out a laugh before looking around the restaurant. My eyes stopped at the window and I groaned.
"It's raining, perfect." Lydia sighed and nudged my shoulder with a smile.
"Good thing we put the top up right?" I began to laugh and then stopped abruptly, my eyes wide. "We did put the top up right?"
"No." We looked at each other and rushed out the door, the boys following us.
"My car!" Lydia whined and stomped her feet. Both of us rushed to it and we started it up, putting the hood up.  "It's soaked inside and this tush is not sitting on something cold and wet."  She hit her head on the wheel, causing it to beep loudly. Jackson rolled his eyes and turned the car off, picking her up and shutting the door.
"I'll drive you home and come back to get your car, okay?" Lydia nodded in Jackson's arms and put her in his. He waved to us and sped off.
"Did you bring you car?" I asked Stiles, the rain was picking up and I was soaked from head to toe.
"No, I live right around the corner, why would I? Besides, Jackson said my Jeep sucks so.." I sighed and wrapped my arms around myself, trying to warm myself. Stiles looked over at me and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug.
"Wanna head to my place?" I nodded, shivering. He tried letting me go but, I clinged to him for warmth. He chuckled and groaned as he bent down to grab my legs. He held me successfully for about two seconds and then his legs fell from under him and we both ended up on the wet ground.
"Am I really that heavy?" I asked between giggles and he shook his head.
"I picked you up the wrong way, I was trying to fix it but...well, I'm not very strong." I laughed and stood up, bringing him with me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked up, meeting his eyes.
"I'm going to jump on the count of three. You need to grab my legs. Bridal style." He nodded and I took a breath. "One..two..." I took a hops as I said the numbers and finally jumped, "Three!" I held my breath as he caught me and then exhaled.
"Better?" I nodded and he smiled, carrying me down the street as I held onto him tightly.

I wore one of Stiles's shirts. It was big on him and even bigger on me, It went down to my knees, like a dress.
"So, you never gave me a real answer on how your day was." Stiles was changed into a white tee shirt and some pajama pants. We were sitting on his bed, watching some random show about ghosts taking over some guys house.
"Yes I did, I said it was fine. Well, now...not so good considering I'm still cold and wet." He chuckled and put on arm around me, pulling me into him. Let me tell you a little history with myself and Stiles; when we were younger, we had big crushes on each other. I would always steal his stuff and act like any five year old would around her "crush" and he would act the same way. Except..when we were both six, Lydia came into the picture. He became obsessed with her and hung out with her more then me. Broke my poor little heart. The feelings must still be in there for him somewhere, judging on how fast my heart was beating.
"Alaska? Alaska!" Stiles shook me and brought me out of my little day dream. He looked down at me and chuckled. "I asked you if you want something to eat or drink?"
"Sure. Let me go down with you." He nodded and we both walked downstairs, me grabbing my phone before we did. Once in the kitchen, I looked out the window and let out a little gasp. "What time is it?" I hadn't realized so much time had passed.
"About ten thirty? I suppose anyway." I looked down at my phone and unlocked it. I went to my messages and typed one to my dad, saying how I was staying over an old friends house. He responded right away saying that he loved me and hoped I had fun.
"Can I sleep over?" I looked around the room, Stiles was gone. "Stiles?"
"What? Uh, I don't know. I'll have to ask my dad." He backed out of the fridge, several drinks and sweets in his hands. As soon as the fridge shut, the front door open.
"I swear, that McCall guy is something else." The door slammed shut and things fell onto a table in the living room. A man came into the room looking tired and angry. His eyes fell on me and softened. "Oh..hello. Who's this?" Stiles looked at me and put the things in his arms on the kitchen table.
"Dad. This is Alaska McCall. Alaska, this is my father." He pointed at us as he spoke and I gave him a small smile. "Alaska wanted to know if it was okay is she stayed the night...her father is okay with it."
"Of course. He's working until three in the morning so, it would make me feel better if you stayed here.." Did he seriously not remember me? He began to walk away but he stopped quickly. "Wait..Alaska? Little Alaska? Scott's twin?" He remembered.
"That's me, sir." He smiled and walked over to me, giving me an awkward hug. He pulled away and looked down at my face. I looked up at his and I saw all his features. His worry lines, frown lines and the best part...his smile lines. There were plenty of them witched showed he was a happy man.
"You've gotten so big...and beautiful. Wow. I haven't seen you since you were about as tall as my belly button." Well, that was a weird way to put it. I felt Stiles's eyes on my back and I smiled. We pulled away from each other and Stiles put his hand on the small of my back.
"Well, Alaska and I are going to watch some movies and stuff, you know, just being teens." He was awkward around people, I could tell. But around his dad it seemed his awkwardness was ten times worse. His father raised his eyebrows and nodded. I noticed a small smile appear on his lips before he turned the other way.
"You're awkward." I turned to Stiles, surprised to see how close he was to me. "A good awkward, though." Stiles just handed me some things to carry and pushed me to the stairs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Stiles POV~
Was there really such a thing of a good awkward? Probably not.
"A good awkward? Those exist?" I was always awkward around people, I didn't mean to be..it just sort of happened.
"I-...nevermind." The small girls cheeks lit up a bright red and she rushed up the stairs. I followed her at the same speed into my room.
"Did I sound mean? I really didn't mean to." Alaska shook her head and put some drinks on my nightstand and the snacks at the bottom of my bed. I never realized how close I was to her until I looked down at her. She turned around and looked up at me, some surprise in her face. She backed up a bit and hit her leg on my bed, causing her to sit down quickly.
"Why are you always so close to me?" She giggled a bit and opened the jar of peanut butter. She stuck a finger in it and ate the peanut butter off of her finger. I felt my cheeks get warm. Why did I always stand so close to her? Did I like her? No. Impossible. I haven't seen her since we were seven. I couldn't like a girl that I haven't seen in ten years.
Wait..could I?