The Baby Project | Teen Ink

The Baby Project

January 27, 2016
By CarleyW, BUFFALO, New York
More by this author
CarleyW, BUFFALO, New York
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

 I don't know what to put for this either so yeah just read the book.

“Are you kidding me I can’t work with him let alone raise a kid with him”
“I’m sorry Jake there’s no one else in the class I can give to you so you guys know the rules you have to live in a house together and just simply raise a baby for one month it it not that hard.” this is frustrating because I have to raise an infant with some idiot for a whole month alone and the idiot is the freaking school bad boy.
“Fine just give me the child and then the infant he’s taking care of with me please how old is this kid anyway?” I asked 
“Okay you guys will be moving into the house this evening don’t forget so get packing and he’s almost eight months.” I just nodded and walked out of the door with my partner, Ryder trailing behind me with a baby a whole arm's length in front of him.
“Zach”
“That’s not my name”
He chuckled “No, Jake that’s the baby’s name.” Zach screamed oh well that’s cute now isn't it? “Also can you please take him? I don’t know how to hold a baby” how is he so calm about this? But I took Zach away from him anyway and he stopped crying immediately. “How the heck did you do that?” I just shrugged “Okay so you're not going to talk to me?”
“I’ll talk to you I just don’t want to Ryder come on we have to go to my house and you have to carry Zach the whole way in the car because you walk to school and don’t have a car.”
I just sighed and started walking and he ran to catch up. “Just give me the baby, sweety you are way too worked up and I don’t want OUR child to get hurt.” he put emphasis on the our as if Zach was our baby.
“Okay Ryder, baby.” and I handed him Zach and he started to yell and I took him back. “See Ry can I call you Ry I don’t care I'm calling you it he doesn't like you you're going to have to drive today babe.” I replied keeping up the nicknames. He grumbled something and asked for the keys “In my back pocket.”
“You want me to reach into your butt pocket and get your keys?” I just nodded so he reached behind me and stuck his hand into my pocket and took my keys out. He started the car and took off down the road. We got to my house and I slipped out of the car and walked into the door.

 

 

This is my first book so please tell me how it is so far bye!

“I’m home!”
My mom walked into the room and gasped. “I send you to school and you come back with a guy and a baby Jacob what did I tell you about bringing random boys home honey?”
I groaned and answered “I’m pretty sure you just called me a slut, thanks mom.” I grabbed his hand and pulled him upstairs to my room “And his name is Ryder and I’m living with him for a month.”
“You didn’t tell your mom about the project?” I shrugged “Also I can’t believe your mom basically called you a slut that is hilarious.” I slapped him on the arm and he winced.
“I forgot to tell her so I’m going to talk to her before she tells my dad I’m running off with some guy again.” before he could say anything about the again part I handed him Zach and ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. “No mom I’m not running off with a random guy again we have a project for health where we have to raise an infant who by the way the baby's name is Zach which is cute as frig and I have to do this or I’ll fail school. Oh god I hear Zach crying gotta Zayn, oh thats sad well bye.” and I ran upstairs and as soon as I walked through my door the baby was on the the bed and Ryder was sitting in the corner with his knees pulled up to his chest and rocking back and forth. “Well hello to you too Ryder.” I walked over to the bad and picked up Zach.
“I don't want this Satan baby in my life he doesn't stop crying unless he’s with you like look he's not crying and you're holding him.” he did stop
crying when I had him. “You would actually be cute with a baby. Wanna make one?”
“Ew you're a pig I would rather kill myself then make a baby with you ugh.”
“I came here to have a good time and honestly I’m feeling so attacked right now.”
“Did you just do that?” he just shrugged and sat on my bed I put Zach in his arms and he didn’t cry “That's success if I've ever seen it. I need to teach you how to hold him tonight I have to pack so you can just set him down and watch him roll around on my bed.” I didn't even listen to what he was saying and I just walked over to my closet and pulled out like five pairs of jeans and twelve Tshirts and threw them in a duffle bag. I also grabbed six hoodies and two pairs of shoes. “I packed so let's head to your house.” we walked downstairs and my mom kissed me on the head and said goodbye.

 

 

Second chapter btw these wil be short bye!

“Can you hold Zach on the way to my house again?” I nodded because he was so darn cute and Ryder didn't know how to hold him, we got into the car and I sat Zach in my lap. When we got to Ryder’s house it was huge my jaw fell. “Yep I know this is my house.”
“Ryder it's huge!”
“That's not the first time I’ve heard that about my house.” I scoffed. “Well come on are you coming in?” I nodded and followed him in the house. When we walked in we were greeted by a young guy in jeans and a Tshirt. “Hi Andrew, this is Jake and Jake this is Andrew he's my older brother but he's 22 so don't jump him please.” I opened my mouth and Ryder interrupted “His mom called him a slut today so I don't want you to get slutified.”
“My mom did not call me a slut and I would never jump you're brother because I have a different taste in my men then you're brother no offense.”
“None taken because I do too and there called girls.” he chuckled and my eyes widened and I apologized “It's fine happens all the time because of Ryder being gay.”
“Ryders gay?” he nodded and Ryder turned bright red and pulled his brother into another room maybe he didn't want anyone to know? I heard yelling, apologizing and other colorful words.
“Sorry about that my brother didn't know that you didn't know by the way you are the only person in the school that doesn't know and I wanted to keep it that way.” I apologized again and he shrugged grabbed my hand and led me to his room which was amazing by the way. The room I mean not him holding my hand.
“Did you do this yourself?” I asked in astonishment there was amazing paintings on the walls and huge canvases everywhere that were either half done or not started.
“Yeah it's like my own secret that only you know I don't let anyone else in my room besides my family and people I trust which I guess I trust you enough.” He led me to his bed and I sat down and set Zach down next to me. He started grabbing random clothes and shoes and soon he was packed all at the same time Zach was gnawing on his blanket  we were downstairs saying goodbye to his one brother two sisters and his mom and dad.
“You let him in your room?” His mom asked Ryder nodded and kissed her cheek “Ok well goodbye. Love you!” he said goodbye and we left.
We got into the car and left the house “What kind of music do you listen to?” he asked me
“Mostly Alternative and Pop. Sorry I’m boring.” he put on Twenty One Pilots “This is perfect.” Zach started bawling “Although I don’t think little Zach likes it.” Ryder chuckled and changed it to Love Yourself by Justin Bieber Zach giggled.

 

If you have not noticed the chapter names are in abc order and of course each one has to do with something in the chapter I just though I'd let you know bye!



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.