Gifted but not Famous | Teen Ink

Gifted but not Famous

By Emona, Asbury Park, New Jersey
Emona, Asbury Park, New Jersey

"There is no shortcut to perfection, all it takes is hard work and more hard work." - Kim Jonghyun

Author's note:

When I was watching Lucifer by SHINee for the first time, and I happened to see these two stories I would give credit to: One Last Wish and Her Double Life. So I figured: why not put my work to the test? 

This is my first time here, so please take care of me. Also I wish you good luck on your talents. 

“Each meeting occurs at the precise moment for which it was meant. Usually, when it will have the greatest impact on our lives.” 

― Nadia Scrieva, Fathoms of Forgiveness

______________________________________________________

“Hello, who are you?”

There was a girl who was wearing pure white clothing, her hair and skin were a deep dark chocolate brown, and the only thing that was different from her appearance were her eyes; one was dark coffee and the other was sapphire blue. She spotted a russet haired boy around her age on the concrete sidewalk in an alley. “Lee Taemin, what’s yours?” He answered then asked the strange girl. She put a digit on her plump lips. “I can’t say my name…” She said looking up to him. “Why are you here?” Taemin asked putting his hands on her slightly broad shoulders. She only said to him looking down.

“To see you…”

Taemin’s POV

“Taemin! Tae, wake up! Wake up before I throw you out the window!” I heard Key-hyung’s voice from my forty winks event. I tried opening my eyes until I saw… “Wah!” Every hyung in the region of my face. “Don’t scare me like that, babo (idiot)!” I panicked jumping out of the couch. “Sorry, but you fell asleep after rehearsal for Ring-Ding-Dong,” Jonghyun-hyung explained.

“I…fell asleep?”

“Duh!” All of them said.

I just sighed and sat back down on the couch. “Joesonghabnida (sorry), I thought I saw a girl with two colored eyes in my dream. She was going to see me somewhere,” I elucidated with everyone looking at me like I had nine heads. Well It makes sense; who would dream of a girl you'll "meet in the future" after their nap? Creepy, but common sense could hit you hard. Onew-hyung just chuckled and placed a hand on my shoulder. “I think either you’re still sleepy or Janet the fortune teller is still getting in your head,” He thought aloud with Minho-hyung making a suggestion, "Why don’t you take a walk around the block?” “Ne (yeah),” I agreed; standing up once again from my seat to get one of the hoodies and sunglasses…why? Fans, of course! “Nan tteonalgeoya (I’m leaving)!” I waved goodbye to them.

“Joshim haseyo (good luck)!”…oh shut up…

3rd POV

After 12 minutes of Taemin walking around the block singing to Hello under his breath in case of fans. He felt the crisp wind around him, the sound of civilians socializing, communicating, and interacting with each other, and the smell of different Korean barbeques around him. Everything was going okay as planned until…

OOMPH!

Out of nowhere, a figure shorter but stronger than him bumped into him by mistake knocking both of them off their feet. “Please don’t let it be a fan…I might get my cover blown…” Taemin thought scared. The slightly heavy person got off of him and widens its eyes surprisingly. He knew something was off when hearing this line, “Joesonghabnida (sorry), I-I didn’t see you there! Uh, are you alright?” She grabbed Taemin’s hands and fixed his hood and sunglasses shakily. “Wait...you speak English?” Taemin asked slightly in her language with a little bit in his Asian sounding accent. The girl nodded her head and said, “Yeah. I'm fluent, but I’m still learning how to speak Korean. I’m Song Mi-Ja, by the way. I moved from America three months ago.” “Lee Taemin-”

He stopped himself from what he said. “Oh, crap…”  “Wait, as in SHINee's Lee Taemin…oh my gosh! I’m really honored to meet you,” Mi-Ja whispered quietly bowing her upper body. “Wait…you’re not gonna raid me?” He asked thinking of the worst. She raised a brow and questioned playfully, “Ya think I’ll fangirl that much over a famous K-Pop idol I’ve just met? I’ll get a restraining order.” Taemin just smiled warmly and brushed his brunette bangs out of his eyes. “Well…it was nice meeting you…” He smiled coyly. Mi-Ja smiled back and waved goodbye winking at him, seeing the two colored eyes from his dream.

“That girl…”

Taemin's POV

"HYUNGS! Get out here, I have good news!" I yelled childish towards my "family". All of them exited the dance room and smiled at me. "Aye, Maknae! Good seeing you in one piece," Minho-hyung smiled squeezing between the other band mates to headlock me tight. By the squeezing scale of 1-10: I say 7.5. "Y-You might kill me, but it s-still doesn't break my happiness!" I grinned only to make my breathing worsen. Which might suck. "You seem happy; love at first sight, much?" Onew-hyung asked reaching for a chicken thigh at the table...typical hyung. (−_−;

I nodded my head frantically easing off of Minho-hyungs tight clutches and said, "I literally met 'the girl of my dreams'; she actually has the two colored eyes and spoke in English! I was right!" Jonghyun-hyung gave me that 'you're-still-into-that?' face, and playfully smacked my cheeks repeatedly. "You're still in la-la land? Wake the heck up!" He hollered while still playing with my face. Until Key-hyung stopped him by grabbing his right wrist and declared, "Geuman (stop), don't you dare hurt my little aga (baby)!" Well...he was also trying to constrict the life out of me also by the ribs.You know, where your lungs are suppose to be? "More pain!!!" I wailed trying to restrain from him.

"Anyways, who was your 'dream girl's' name?" Minho-hyung asked smirking. "Song Mi-Ja, she said that she was an American before she moved here," I replied stepping away from anymore physical pain. "Oh nice one, Maknae; so you've met a Korean-American girl while walking around the block?" Jonghyun-hyung queried petting my hair...either I'm loved or bullied....both is what I'm thinking of.

"She looked African-American in my point of view, if you ask me," I come backed ducking my head to the left. Then Onew-hyung questioned something I couldn't understand because of the chicken he stuffed in his mouth, as usual... "ejghwqvx jkdqbejwg kwbqiduc?" "Baby, we can't understand you, swallow first then speak," Key-hyung said. Onew-hyung swallowed once at a time, pounding his chest, drank his bottled water, and asked once more.

"I said: Did you get her number while you were there?"

"Jenjang!" I cursed forgetting the whole thing. "Oi, language, Maknae," Key irked...again...can't he understand I'm 20 right now!? "Oh shut it! I can't believe I forgot!" I panicked walking in circles. Why did I forget about that?! "Just calm down and breathe...even though you told me to shut it, but calm down," Key-hyung said backing up. Then Jonghyun-hyung patted me on the shoulder  and said, "Well, don't just stand here and act like a wuss; the girl's waiting out there wanting to have your number. So run...be free- I'm kidding, just get her number and call the lady," He advised. "It's more like a Shawol..." I gave myself a 'how'd-I-get-myself-into-this?' face and admitted. "Then you'd better run if she has other Shawol fans," Minho-hyung retorted.

I nodded my head and headed out to the door so I could hit the sack. I may had a nap, but I'm doing tired compared to Jongin. But Jonghyun-hyung stopped me again for one more thing, " 당신이 ------를 사용하려는 경우, 그냥 나 한테 물어. " And yet more...disturbed faces coming from the other hyungs and I had to push him off from a....'thought' in my head. "First of all: I hardly know her, so be quiet!" I yelled blushing as red as mars strutting to the door. Why did he tell me that!?

I'm going to hate myself, bringing up my grandmother like this. 

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people." 

― G.K. Chesterton

Mi-Ja's POV

"Wait, you met the Lee Taemin while walking!? You're kiddin' me right?" My baby sister, E'Niah queried at my story. I just sighed in exasperation and rebutted, "Yes, I did. Besides, it's South Korea; where else can I meet them?" I then asked, "How's grandmother with her cancer problem? Is everyone taking care of her?" E'Niah answered lowly, "We're taking care of her...I have to carry her to the bathroom usually when I'm off from school. But she's getting kind of worse with her appetite." "Oh, I see...well are you okay with the private school? I heard it's a bit rowdy," I questioned lowering the volume on my Smartphone. "Well, I'm okay with the events. Not sure with the atmosphere around this place...I just wanted to go somewhere away from this area. How's the college working out for you...could you even speak Korean?" She replied then asked. I responded this last question before hanging up, "Alright, I don't live in a dorm though. And no, but the professor translates for me...although I have to wear a Bluetooth looking headset to hear him in English. Still, you should be asleep by now; our time zones are off by 13 hours. I'll call you soon." "Bye," She hung up before me. I pressed the sleep button on my phone after I saw her contact picture: Both of us along with our two nieces, Cyra and Cayla. It's kind of boring without my family around. What's worse is that it's summer break, and I don't have anyone's number or anywhere to go...still I can't believe I met SHINee's maknae...even though I was shopping for food. Eh, happy day for me, then...

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Huh, coming!" I said walking towards the door. When I opened it ajar, it revealed a familiar figure with a dark blue hoodie and black shades. "Uh, who are you?" I asked reaching for the pocket knife out of my pants. I stopped moving my hand until I recognized the familiar English voice, "It's me...Lee Taemin. The celebrity you've ran over a while ago?" "Oh, what are you doing here? Don't you have...I don't know...practice or something?" I asked tilting my head to the left. "Uh, it was over while I was walking, also your house is across from my dorm. I was about to go there but I saw your surname engraved on the wooden sign," Taemin explained pointing to the dormitory behind him. I smiled warmly and exclaimed, "Wow! I met a K-Pop idol and now he's my neighbor, must be my lucky day!" He just giggled and looked around the den behind my back. "Nice place you got there; can I come in?" He asks making my heart pound loud and hard like a Taiko drum. Why? A K-Pop celebrity asking me to enter. my. house! Besides making a fangirling fool out of myself, I stayed quiet and moved out of the way opening the door fully for him to come in.

"Make yourself at home," I greeted. He looked around the place and sat on the claret couch softly. "It looks African-American style if you ask me. Especially those dolls over there," He remarked pointing at the Africanized dolls. "That's because 1.) I bought furniture from New Jersey, USA. And also 2.) Those dolls are made by my grandmother, Shirley Elliott-Banks. Just for a memory...in case if she passes," I explained lowly sitting right next to him. "What do you mean 'if she passes'?" Taemin asked looking at me. Tears were forming at the brink of my eyes as I said slightly cracked, "She's just...dying from cancer. We can't do anything since she's so tiny and aged. We just had to wai-" I couldn't breathe at the sight of her face before I left Asbury Park. I sobbed quietly gripping my orifice to shut up. Taemin, as the kind guy he is from the fan's point of view, put his hand on my backbone and sympathized, "I'm really sorry about that. You must really miss her," I just nodded and calmed down a bit. "She was always with me and my little sister," I remembered the days when we've spend the night at her house, attending India and Aunt Diane's wedding, and seeing my first niece for the first time of her life...

"Well, you need someone to cheer you up. Why don't we play a game called 'Polar Bear'?" He then suggested happily.

Taemin's POV

"Polar Bear, what's that?" Mi-Ja asked wiping the tears off of her face. I wiggled my finger a little and explained, "It's a game to break the ice a little bit. Just say 'polar bear' to ask a question." "Oh, I see...I'll start; 'Polar Bear': What's it like being 'cute'?" She asks sniffling a bit. "Eh, kind of both fun getting what I want, and boring because I want to be manly," I huffed snorting a bit with my back straight, then laughing slightly along with her. "Yeah, I feel you," She breathed.

"Polar Bear, how many siblings do you have?" I asked calming down. She answered looking at the stairway, "I have 2 half-brothers and 3 half-sisters. We all share the same mother in my point of view." "Cool, I have an older brother, but I really miss him sometimes. He's kind of studying in America," I replied lowly on the last part. But she reassured, "It's okay, I miss my family too back in America. I sometimes Skype or call them if I get lonely or need help."

Then asks me another question, "Polar Bear, how come you like dancing so much?" I smiled and said smoothly, "It's rhythmic, flowing, and makes you feel lively. Do you dance? Well...this my first to second Polar Bear," I ask her when Mi-Ja shrugged her shoulders and replied, "Not really that good compared to yours. Your kind of dancing is just abnormal when I first saw Lucifer. My little sister and I did a dance from Sherlock; I would show you, but I might break the dolls since the house is kind of small." "Aigoo (aww)~, I want to see your dance moves, you're really protective with your grandmother's creations," I pouted but remarked on her reason.

"Anyways, Polar Bear: are you a noona or a yeo-dongsaeng?" I ask looking at her figure. "I'm a...yeo-dongsaeng, I'm younger than you by four months..." She responded looking at her knees, then pouted, "But I always wanted to be called a noona. The boys at my campus are just immature so they don't call me that...despite that some of them are younger than me." "That's kind of disrespectful if you ask me; but if you don't mind, I'll call you noona... just if people aren't around." I suggested shyly. Then she shook her head, "NO! I-I mean, I don't want you in trouble. This is my first time in Korea and I don't know honorifics well...I'm still younger than you. Plus, that's--" "Yeah, I know... but the boys don't respect you that much, right? So I'll make you feel older. Also, I actually thought you were literally older than me like...23 years old." I laughed akwardly. She just chuckled and said, "Then I would be really older than my 2nd brother and sister. I'm the 5th oldest in my family. And the only mixed sibling. I'm Korean-African-American.... which is a mouthful to say."

"Nice...wait another 'Polar Bear', is your mother African-American, or your dad?" Mi-Ja sighed deeply and responded with an unexpecting answer, "My mom's African-American. My dad...I don't know if he's Korean; neither of us remembers who he is or what he looks like. I sometimes think that I was born by accident 'cause my mom wasn't planning on my birth. I would kinda blame myself on that once in a while." "Well don't, I don't see why you would blame yourself on your birth. You should happy right now that you'd met me, right?" I rejected her then smiled when I said the bright side. "Yeah, I guess so." She laughed. Then I thought of something with a smirk.

"Extra question for me!" I yelled raising my index finger in the air. "Really, you have a great question streak," She rolled her eyes. I giggled softly and ask, "Do you sing?" "W-W-W-WHAT?!" Mi-Ja stammers audibly whiplashing her head towards me widening her eyes. "You look like the type that does, it's an explanation question," I said tilting my head. "W-W-Well people say that I do, but I don't like singing in public so I have 'glossophobia'," She admitted looking down to her knees. I looked at her with disbelief and shouted, "Hwangso! I know you can sing really well, you're just too scared to let it all out." She looked dead at me right before she turned her head to the other side like I said something offensive...I must've hurt her feelings! "I'm sorry! I-I didn't mean to offend-" "No, you're right. I don't sing in public because my mom would make a big fuss about it," She cut me off with an explanation. I just stared at her shocked...I know moms support you with your talents, but making a big fuss? Wow..."So what kind of song do you want us to do? I'm too scared to do it alone," She asked looking back at me. I pondered for a good minute to think of a good duet....not Juliette.... I don't know about Noona's so Pretty....nor is Romantic, I just met her! Let's see....ah, I got it!

"How 'bout we sing to Alarm Clock?" I suggested with a smile. Mi-Ja stared at me for a second then nodded slightly. "Sure let's try it," She agreed grabbing her phone. "Wait, you downloaded it on your phone?" I questioned looking away from her password. "Both original and instrumental...should we do instrumental?" She answered then asked me going to her playback. I responded flirting, "I say instrumental because I want to hear your voice." She chuckled softly and wondered, "Another 'Polar Bear'; how are you attracted to me like this?" "It's because you seem kind of special in my point of view," I lied scooting towards her. Mi-Ja smiles and played the instrumental version of Alarm Clock.

"Okay, just tell me when to sing by giving me thumbs up,"She reminded me holding to one thumb up in the air. I nodded then sang the first verse...

Oneuldo nan ttame heumbbeok jeojeo

Jameul kkae daeche mideul su eobseo, oh nan (jideok han akmung)

Maeil bam banbok duinen kkum sok

Geojitmal gat i neon cha gabke nal tteona, oh nan

Mideul su eobseo ajik ne ibsul

Bonael su eobseo ajik nae bbyame (jjok) daheun deheun deut hae

Ji ul su eobneun de

Naye ALARM shigye ga eoseo ullyeo i kkumeul kkae beori gil

Angmong gateun signeul dasi dollyeo ibyeoreul naejjotgil

Gojang na beorin chae meomcheo seon meotduin kkum beoseo nal suga eobseo

ALARM shigye ga shikkerueob ge u reo nal kkae ukil, oh eoseo

Nal kkae wo...

Her singing was different from the voice she spoke when she sung the chorus. It was playful but serious, harmonic, and accurate. She sounded beautiful...

Jageun bit bang ure seu chyeo tteoreo jineun kkot cheoreom

Negen amu ildo anira haedo(he eojija)

Damdam han ne hanmadi e chagapge jamdeuro

Ajik janhil deut hae neoya shingi ru, oh jebal

Mideul su eobseo ajik ne hyangi

Ji ul su eobseo ajik nae pume (pok) bae eo isseo

I geon kkum il geoye

Akmung soge nan nan gireul irheo nan nan

Akmung soge...

Even when we both sung together on the bridge, it was melodic yet tranquil. I still can't believe that I'm singing to a Shawol...no...just...a normal one. One that doesn't scream my name multiple times or call it aloud to the public...yeah she nearly blew my cover, but she was really the girl of my dreams...I can't just let this blow up. 

Niga tteonat daneun geol midji mothae i byeoreul tto bujeong hae

Algo isseo i byeori i sungani kkum i anira neun geol

Injeong hal su eobtneun geol nan hyeonshi reul kyeon dyeo nael suga eobseo

Dashi dorawo akumung gateun hyeonshil niga pilyo hae oh

ALARM shigye ga shikkerueob ge u reo nal kkae ukil, oh eoseo (eoseo)

Nal kkae wo... (Nal kkae wo)

Ginagin jame kkae eo eoseu reumi jiteun gireul jina

Gipeun saenggak e jamgyeo dashi neol geuryeo

Janjan han hosu dolmaengi hana reul danjyeo nohgo

Jageun dong geu ramireul geurigo tto geurigo

Neoreul geurinda

Neoreul geurinda

Neol geurinda

Neoreul geurinda...

"Wow! Your singing is beautiful; you got a fine voice there," I tribute leaving her flustered and speechless. "I-I-I don't know if I was..." She lied covering her face with her palms. I chuckled looking at her blushing face. "It was really nice singing with you," I smiled holding her left hand. Mi-Ja looked at me with star filled eyes and smiled back. I scratched the back of my head and requested timidly, "Is it okay if we could...you know...exchange numbers? In case if we both run into each other again?" "Sure, just give me your number and I'll give you mine," She answered reaching for the flip-notes and a pen on her coffee table. "You really do come prepared..." I complimented at her handiness. She wrote her number, address, and name on the slip of paper. As she gave me the manuscript contact, I wrote down mine asking one more question, 

"One more 'Polar Bear', is that Michael Jackson's actual hat or you just bought that online?" Mi-Ja looked up to her familiar onyx hued hat and said, "This is the real deal..." I stopped writing my name for a minute and denied.

"You're lying aren't you?"

"No, I'm not kidding,"

"You're not?"

"I'm not,"

"Where and who'd you get it from?"

"'Blanket' gave it to me as a gift since I sang to Michael's tomb before I got here. Kid had really long hair for an eleven year old," She explained while I stared blankly at her until I glomped her figure. "I'm so glad I've met you!" She smiled weakly as she patted my upper back. "No prob'; I'm sure the others might miss you..." I stood up off the settee putting the number in my pocket. "I'm not sure about that, but it was cool getting to know you, Mi-Ja. I'll see you around!" I waved goodbye as I walked to the door.

Mi-Ja's POV

"Kay, I'll visit ya later!" I bided farewell to him as he walked out of the house. I still can't believe that I cried in front of him. But at least he felt my pain of my grandmother...I hope she's alright in America. I grabbed the slip of paper in my hands and read: Aegyo Tae

.....Figures....

This may have been messed up in the head, but you have to add some comedy in this too

"Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting reconciles everybody." 

― Samuel Pepys, The Diary of Samuel Pepys: A Selection

Taemin's POV

"Kay, I'll visit ya later!" Mi-Ja said while I walked out of the door. She was a really sweet and caring girl...even to her family. At least I got her contact number; it must be hard being far away from home. "I wonder if she wants to be a part of the S.M. Company®," I thought to myself as I crossed the crossroads to the dorms. I'm still wondering what the others might say...

"My baby's growing up!" "Nice one, Maknae!" "What did she look like, was she curvy?" "Does she have a recipe for fried or baked chicken?" Okay, Onew-hyung's question might send me a hard face-palm. Jonghyun-hyung's might creep me out again. Key-hyung might act like an umma all over again...and it's annoying. Minho-hyung I might have high hopes of non-pressuring questions. I don't kno-

SMACK!

"Aish! W-what the-" "Oh I'm sorry Taemin-ah; are you alright!? I didn't mean to hurt you!" My neighbor, Tiffany-noona SNSD frantically apologized from smacking me in the face with the wooden door. I rubbed my forehead to alleviate the stinging pain and answered in Korean, "Anio (no), Noona; I didn't see where I was going...I was thinking of something." She kneads my head with her thumb gently and just sighed soft but deeply. "Not to be in your business, but you can please tell me what's wrong...come inside," Noona offered gesturing to come in. I also mentally sighed and took her offer to go inside of her dorm.

As I entered her living room, she closed the door as firmly as possible and asks, "You can sit down if you want. Do you want anything to drink, Taemin?" I took a spot on a loveseat, and shook my head 'no'. Tiffy-noona took another seat right next to me, and inquired, "So, what's on your mind? Is it a problem you're facing?" I once again shook my head and explained myself,

"I'd just met this girl that was in my dream this afternoon. She was the exact person I'd vision: dark-brown hair, dark tanned skin, and heterochromic eyes. I thought that I might want to go out with her someday, but I don't want to...I mean...she's beautiful and talented, but..." I paused to let find the correct phrase to say, "...I don't know what to do when I see her again. If the fans see me with her, she might get in big trouble." Noona made a complicated look on her face and asked,

"What do you mean 'in your dream'? You dreamt the girl then you've met her in reality?" I nodded.

"That could make a bit of sense...when you dream people you don't know or imagined, you'll most likely meet them later on in real life," She explained with a hypothesis.

"Yeah, that might be it. But what if fans or paparazzi might see us close?" I questioned her with a come-back.

"Well, you usually put yourself in disguise; it'll be in the clear..."

"I would usually wear sunglasses as stealth, but fans notice anyways..." I put my head down on that last part when I cut her off. Tiffany-noona patted my back and suggested, "How 'bout when you're free from practice, you could take her out for a tour around the company and meet the other bands. You just need a good disguise: take cross-dressing for example, or wear make-up like Minho-ah, you can borrow some from him, right?" I just shrugged my shoulders thinking of what my face would look like...a Korean version of Michael Jackson? Ryan Higa?

"Did you tell her that you saw her in your dream?" Noona asked. I just shook my head and said, "I dont want her to think that I'm a creep. I rather keep it from her for as long as I want."

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Tiffany-noona, are you there? Is Taemin with you? We want our maknae back!"

"Ileon (geez)...Jonghyun-hyung, I'm alright with noona, here!" I shouted across the door. Yeah, I've should've told them where I was...I might not hear the end of Key-hyung's nagging. Hyung opened the door ajar, and lashed a grin on his face.

Jonghyun's POV

"Annyeonghaseyo, noona. I'm here to pick up, Taemin. Was he good to you?" I smiled asking Tiffany-noona walking up to the chesterfield where they sat. "Mullon (Of course), we only talked for a while. I just accidently bumped his head with my door," She explained...noona hit him with her door? That's just painful... "Anyways, the other's were wondering where you were, dinner started since 4:55 p.m." I said hand-gesturing to come with me. He jumped out of his seat and we both waved noona goodbye, "Annyeong, see you around!" "Likewise," She smiled as we walked out of the door.

"Speaking of which, did ya get the girl's number?" I asked smiling head locking him...despite my height. Maknae grinned and showed me a slip of paper responding, "Yeah; not only that: I got to know her and she's our neighbor across the street." "That's our Taemin, gettin' classy girl's numbers! Next, you might want to call or text her later on." I cheered gripping his deltoid area with my inner elbow. "Yeah, so what're we having?" He asks while walking down the hall. I just answered with my mouth watering looking like a hose, "Sigumchi Namul with Kimchi...nothing's great without the Kimchi." We both nodded. "Yeah, I'm starving already. Let's go!" Taemin exclaimed with his fist in the air...

...."Typical Maknae,"...

Taemin's Pov

"Yeobo, we're home!" Jonghyun-hyung mocked a husband's favorite line. Everyone came out of the dining room to see us...then this heos-soli ("riot") started, "Taemin-ah, where were you!? We were all worried! Don't ever leave us like that!" 'God, give me strength...' "Key-hyung...first: you're not my real umma. Second: I'm almost 21, so I'm not a kid anymore. And third: I was visiting a neighbor-" "That's right! Our maknae got the girl's number when we weren't looking!"

Everyone smiled and looked dead at me with kissy faces and smirks. "Wait, you got what's-her-name's number?" Onew-hyung asked forgetting her name. "It's Mi-Ja," I corrected him with a bored look on my face. "Awesome, but make sure not to let her wait you know...she might go North Korea on you," Minho-hyung congratulated but warned me with a violent joke. Is she really going to do that to me or that's just an insult? "Minho-ah, let him have his moments," Onew-hyung defended me. He didn't have to. "Anyways, let's eat!" I shouted skipping to the dinner table.

"Jal meoggessseubnida! (I'll eat well...maybe)" We all did our grace as we wait for Onew-hyung picked up his fork in order to eat. As we ate our Kimchi in silence for 5 solid minutes, Onew was the first to pick up the conversation, "Sooooo.......how was Mi-Ja? Was she enjoyable or like the rest of our fans?" "Enjoyable, she didn't even have a spasm when I talked to her. She was shy but friendly." "Aigoo~ our little boy's finding love~ Key get the camera, this is a big moment!" Jjong-hyung joked shaking Key-hyung's shoulder with more nagging coming out his mouth. "Calm down, she's just a new friend. It's not like it was a fast relationship. Not like Jjong-hyung's-" I said with him pointing at me with a 'watch-it' face.

"Meanwhile, was she pretty or anything? Aish!" Key-hyung asks while getting gripped on the shoulder. I kind of blushed for a little trying to remember what she looked like until I said, "She was pretty. She look kind of unique but she seemed really beautiful..." "They grow up so fast~" Onew-hyung wiped fake tear off of his face. I just rolled my eyes when he did that until I got this question,

"But does she have a recipe for chicken?" "ONEW!!" We all yelled. I literally face-palmed myself of what he was actually going to say. "You'll never know if she does..." We all just laughed as soon as Minho-hyung asks me another question,

"Did she show you any talents or anything?" "We just did a duet. She really sounded good when she's singing alone." I answered grasping my sixth bite with the spicy cabbage. "Oh what kind of song did you both sing?" Key-hyung asked pushing his "husband" off of him. "...guess..." Was the only reply I said to him.

"Replay?"

"I thought of it but no..." I shook my head.

"Really? That's a killer duet to sing," Onew-hyung pouted with me nodding my head in agreement.

"Juliette?" Minho-hyung guessed this time.

"I didn't want to do that, might be kind of hard for her," I explained.

"Romantic?" Jonghyun-hyung asks chuckling.

"I just met her!" I yelled since I kept saying that for the fourth time...today!

"Easy, Tarzan; I was joking! Really..." He jumped waving his jazz-hands in my face.

"Quasimodo?" Key-hyung thought aloud.

"No, she's a little bit sad enough to sing that..." I shook my head again frantically. "Wait, what happened?" Onew-hyung queried with me choking on my Sigumchi a little bit. "We just have to wai-"

No, I really really don't want to go personal on her business. She's my new friend, I can't just blurt out her flaws. If I told anyone, she might be a bit disconcerted if it rumors out in the streets. I can't gossip anything personal...but the guys were my friends too. "I-I-I-" "Come on, he might think it's too deep for him to say it to us. Just calm down, Minnie; your secret safe with you and you only..." Minho-hyung saved my answer by assuring me.

...phew...thank you Hyung

"Anyways, what song did you sing? It better not be either Sherlock or Obsession." Jonghyun-hyung asked one more time getting back on topic. "Neither, and it was Alarm Clock, she sounded good on chorus to me," I answered. Minho-hyung just looked at me funny and said, "A break-up song? Let's hope she doesn't remember any dumps she had in the past-"

You got back-slapped!

"Let him have his moments, Minho-ah! Did you have any break-?" Onew-hyung stopped his remark when he heard Minho cough excessively.

3rd POV

"Keroro?" Jonghyun asked worriedly when Minho placed his hands on his Adam's apple. "I'm...cah! Choking....One-kahw! You...babo...cahk!" He struggled with his one hand on the table. "Aish, w-which one of you guys how to do the Heimlich!?" Taemin questions everyone whipping his body at them. "Not me!" Onew said backing up. "WAE?! (why)" Minho yelled making his stifle worsen. "I forgot how to do it! But I'll call 9-1-1" Jonghyun panicked running to the phone. "Just...kcah...help..."

"Aigoo, here...hold on..." Key sighed calmly and walked normally but fast paced towards his backside. "1...2...3!" Jonghyun counted as a cue for Key to thrust Minho's abdomen...hard. Onew just asked panic-stricken, "Is he going to be-"

"Hack! (Like *cough* hack) Ttong (crud) that hurt, hyung! Be a bit mo-" He stopped on his own words from a strange but freighting building moisture from his mouth. "Hyung-?"

"Blegh!" Yes...Choi Minho vomited on the floor.

"No, honey; I ain't cleaning that!" Key backed away diva-style dropping his arms to continue his "business". "I'm going to the bathroom...if you need me...aish!" Taemin scurried off to the lavatory to do god-knows-what. "You could actually see the kimchi and the- okay, that one's just nasty..." Onew scowled sighting his band-brother throwing up...okay who would do that? "Really, you're just gonna stare at him?"Jonghyun asked pushing Onew to the side

When Minho was finish, Key came back with mops to hand it to the others. "I blame you for crushing my gut!" He blamed his "umma" for the...display. "Hyung, you got a little...Sigumchi on your, uh..." Jonghyun directed Onew for the access food on his left cheek. When he picked it up with his two fingers...his face had to be priceless... "Uh-uh, no...no," He walked away lifting his arm like a right turn signal.

Taemin's POV

When I was done throwing up myself from Minho-hyung's scene, I sighed with my hands on the sink and looked at my vibrating phone. I thought it was just Key-hyung telling me to come outside and help clean up, but I was wrong...it was someone's message. I just picked my phone up and read what it said,

Message from (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:28 p.m.

Hey, it's Mi-Ja, just wondering what you're doing. Am I in the middle of something?

I smiled and sat down on the edge of the bathtub and replied making an IM conversation.

Replied to (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:29 p.m.

Hey, "Noona"! No, well...I was eating dinner with the others, then I had to rush out.

Message from (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:29 p.m.

How come? Did something happen?

Replied to (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:30 p.m.

Yeah, Minho-hyung was kinda choking a bit.

Message from (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:30 p.m.

What!? Is he alright!?

I chuckled at her sudden reaction and assured her,

Yeah, he just threw up a little bit. I couldn't do anything, Noona; it was too nasty. 。・゜・(ノД')・゜・。

I added an emoticon on the message and sent it coming back with an IM retort,

Message from (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:31 p.m.

That was your one and only chance to be manly; now you just threw it out the window. (-_-)

I just put my head down and laugh quietly at her remark. She really is worth my time talking to her when I'm down. I just tapped on the reply button and asked. 

Replied to (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:31 p.m.

Sooo... whatcha doin'?

Message from (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:32p.m.

Nothing really, I already ate alone myself and I'm currently doing nothing.

Man, she lives alone? That's no fun. I wonder if she's available to see us. I'll text her to see if she wants to. 

Replied to (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:33p.m.

That sucks...hey, do you want to meet the other hyungs? I talked a little bit about you, they seem pretty excited to see ya. ☆〜(ゝ。∂)

Message from (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:33 p.m.

Really!? OMG when should I meet them?

I grinned at her virtual happiness. Well, it's still early and I want to let them meet her, what else would I do?

Replied to (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:34 p.m.

Just meet us around 6:15. I'll tell them you're coming. Is that okay with you? 

Message from (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:34 p.m. 

Yeah, as long as your fans don't see me coming. I get real scared of meeting with famous people. You'll never know if they will either envy or get mad angry. ('Д' )

Replied to (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:35 p.m.

Well I doubt that they'll stalk ya. It's just a walk around the other side of the street. I'll see ya when you're ready~

Message from (945)-xxx-xxxx at July 16, 2013 5:35 p.m. 

Okay, bye (^_−)−☆

I read her last message before I pressed the sleep button on my phone. I can't wait to meet her again...today...

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Tae, help us out with the mess out here?! You're just sitting there doing nothing...!" Onew-hyung pleaded from outside banging on the locked door. I just backed away and yelled, "No way am I looking at that again! Do it yourself." "Taemin-ah, so help me, open the freaking door!" "Still no!"

BANG!

"The hell was that!?" I asked jumping up. "I have a chair and I'm not afraid to break the door, Tae. Just open it!" Jonghyun-hyung threatens me. "That's still not convincing me to get out!" "...okay, Maknae," He said clamly. I sighed to myself, thinking that he left.

BREAK!

"Here's Jonghyun!" He smirked mocking the horror line from The Shining. I screamed running in the bathtub. I just locked myself in a bathroom! Who would do that!?

All of this was actually on my iPod to be honest while at Buffalo, NY with no Internet around. 

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." 

― Bob Marley

Mi-Ja's POV

When I was done messaging Taemin, I change into my casual evening wear: a red custom made tank top design made by my little sister, navy blue shorts with black leggings under, and patriotic looking converses along with a white jacket. With 20 minutes to spare, I made a gift basket filled with recipes, coupons, posters also drawn by little sister...she's really talented, and a few bits of treats I bought from the store and made beforehand. Still, I hope no one thinks of me suspiciously while giving this to a famous Korean boy band. 'Whatever, let's go,' I thought to setting the alarm and opening the door locking it back.

Everything was okay as soon as I crossed the street, until a girl with back-long black hair and wearing all red and pink showed up walking towards me. 'Oh hell no...not today, God. Not today!' I grit my teeth together as I saw campus's popular cheerleading captain, Park Sae-Ji. "Oh look, our campus's little gift from above, Song Mi-Ja," She retorted while I rolled my eyes at her remark. Me and Sae-Ji, we do not and I repeat NOT get along well. Ever since I joined the university, signed up for many different after school clubs like: art, music, dance, even poetry and anime, and get the teachers the polite attention they needed, she thinks I'm doing this so I could be on the top popularity poll...yes there is a popularity poll in our school. Reality check: Who the freak would care about that!? It's just a poll for Jesus' sake!! "Geez, don't you have something else to do like make out with the basketball captain or at least; get lost?" I sneered gripping the handle of the basket. "Ouch, that hurt my feelings, Mee-Jee~ And no, I was just visiting my poor sick aunt at her house. She seemed so weak at this time of year," She said feeling so "sensitive" while I mentally face-palmed at her remark. She wouldn't know a sick relative it came up and smack her upside the face. "So what's in the basket? Goodies~"

SMACK!

"Hands off, captain. They ain't for you," I said softly but added venom at my words. Sae-Ji pouted grasping her hand and asks, "Aigoo~you're so mean; so why are you here...at SHINee's dorm?" I just sighed and answered, "First, it's none of your business. Second, why you so concerned?" "I wouldn't see a fangirl like you go to their place handing them gifts. It looks so...rare-" "What's rare is me not shoving this basket up in you. And I'm visiting a friend who just lives here. So back off, captain!" I cut her off by yelling at her. She looked shocked at my words until she sent a hard punch at my right eye.

"......is that all, Sae-Ji? You punching me just because I said something to you?" I questioned calmly feeling the pain spreading around my face still holding my basket in place. "I'll tell you this, and hear it clearly: I'm watching you. And if you even interact with them, I'll tell everyone at campus that you were sleeping with them; just to see how much they think of you as the w--re you are," She threatened walking away from me. Damn, that was a hard punch she sent. Luckily, I felt punches more painful than that. From bullies to karate tournaments. I know I was getting a black eye from that. 'Whatever, I'm late to see them anyways.' I thought to myself walking inside. Then I got a call from Taemin.

"Yeoboseo (hello in phones), Taemin?"

"Yeoboseo, Mi-ja...I didn't tell you which floor we were on, huh?" He reminded himself with me saying no and asking him,

"Hey, remember when I said fans might be mad angry at me? I got a black eye from one of them!" I yelled at the phone walking upstairs. 

"Aish! I'll open the door for you, I'm on the ----- floor." (A/N I don't know what floor they're on 'cause I'm not a rabid fangirl)

"Okay, thanks..." I thanked him before hanging up walking to the ----- floor. Seeing a light at door across the hall before I ran to it.

"Hey," I smiled weakly. "Oh no, you really do have a black eye! Come on in, I'll get ice for ya!" Taemin said worriedly grabbing my wrist pulling me in. 'Nice place they got here upclose' I said in my head. "Just sit there, I'll get the ice pack," he told me as I sat down on the couch. He really is nice to invite people in, huh? As I set the basket in the floor between my legs, a familiar reptilian looking boy came up from a room.

"Hey, who are you?"

Jonghyun's POV

Man, cleaning up the vomit was nasty...and repairing the busted bathroom door. Taemin-ah refused to get out so I chose the next big thing: breaking in with a chair Sparta-style. I don't know why and I don't care, I just need some 'me time'....

"Oh no, you really do have a black eye! Come on in, I'll get ice for ya!" I heard Taemin-ah panic. Man, can't a guy get some rest? I just sighed and jumped out of bed to see what he's doing. When I walked in the living room, I saw a girl with a black eye and a gift basket. "Hey, who are you?" I asked suspiciously walking towards her. Did Taemin bring in a fangirl!? So help me, if he did!

"Uh, m-my name's Song Mi-Ja, I-I'm sorry if you can't understand me....are you Jonghyun?" She stuttered introducing herself. Is this the girl Taemin-ah was talking about? "Uh yeah, are you the one Taemin-ah was talking about?" I answered then asked. She looked like the girl he described: two colored eyes, African-American looking, and she spoke in English. 'This has got to be her' "Yeah, I guess he did talked about me. It's nice to finally meet you, Jonghyun," she smiled offering a handshake, and I took it. "Here's the ice pack, Mi-Ja," Taemin-ah came back with an cloth covered bag. "Hey so you've already met one of the hyungs," He smiled giving her the ice. "Yeah, she seems finer in person. Nice choice, Maknae!" I grinned giving him a thumbs up until we were hearing Mi-Ja hiss in pain. 

"Does it still hurt?" He queried concerned.

"A little, that was a bit painful than expected," She answered seeing her tear up a little. "What happened to her, anyways?" I asked putting a hand on her hair. "I just got punched by a fan. I'm kinda used to the pain. Didn't hurt as those other times..." She replied looking down. "Wait, you get hurt by fans?" Taemin-ah questions worriedly. She shook her head and explained, "No, I was bullied by my height and my talents, and I would get hit by competitors in my old karate tournaments when I was younger. And I would always get 3rd or 2nd place." 'Karate tournaments!? Damn, this girl's tougher than I thought!' "But at least you could fight back with your fists--" "Dude, one time when I was about nine, I was mad at a guy at sports camp and I literally punched him in the nuts. I'm not gonna fight back with fists," She cut Taemin-ah off. Okay, now I'm scared of her ten-fold. "For a girl, you sound pretty bad-ass," I complimented.

"Anyways, welcome to our 'casa' (home) you're welcome here if you feel lonely, but don't bring any Shawol fans with you." Taemin jumped up and spun around making Mi-Ja feel welcome. "Now you're making her feel awkward..." I retorted. "Hey, what's up? Who's the girl?" Onew-hyung came along looking at us. "This is Taemin's 'dream girl', Mi-Ja," I smirked making her look dead at the maknae. "'Dream girl'? ...what is he talking about?" She asked raising a brow. "Hyung!" Taemin whined running up to me...wait what!?

OOMPH!!

Onew's POV

"Please, avert your eye, Mi-Ja..." I assured her slightly covering her coffee eye from Taemin lunging out on Jonghyun.

"I told you not to say that!" He wailed.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it! Get off of me!"

"Not if you take that back!"

"Is it weird that my sister and I ship these two?" She asks me turning towards me. "No, since the Internet War, fans were crying and shipping those two guys," I explained looking at dumb and dumber.

"Aigoo (ugh), what's with the noise?" Key-ah and Minho-ah came from behind us. "Before you ask who I am, I'm Taemin's 'dream girl', it's nice to meet you all. Oh, I even gave you guys a gift basket. Sorry if it's not that good as the others you get from your fans. It was just for meeting you as my three month old neighbors," She said handing us a large basket full of stuff...even coupons for KFC chicken!!!! (A/N Sorry, I had to do that (=゚v゚)/) "Aww, you shouldn't have, that's really nice of you...and how come we didn't notice you three months ago?" Minho-ah smiled setting the basket on the table. "Maybe we were busy with rehearsals and performances," Taemin-ah thought aloud finally getting off of Jonghyun-ah.

"Still look, she got Jeju cactus chocolate, Yaksik, Bungeoppang, and fan made posters of us. Did you do these?" Key-ah looked at the gifts she gave us. "I helped a little bit with the posters; my little sister, E'Niah did all of the work in case if I have to give you these. She's getting used to drawing realistic people," She admitted cheekily. Her little sister did all these posters!? "How old is she?" Minho-ah asked looking surprised. I'm still wondering if I could still use the KFC coupons. "She's 11," She answered. Wait... "11 years old, and she drew these!?" I questioned her shocked. "Yeah, like I said: she's getting the hang of drawing realistic people. I can only do anime characters compared to her," She said scratching her head sheepishly. "Well, tell her we said thanks. These are awesome! Did she make these treats, too?" Jonghyun-ah asked taking a bite of the Yaksik.

"No, the chocolate I bought, but the others I cooked on my spare time. But your welcome on the gifts. It was worth doing all of these," she grinned as we all gave her a hug. "You're the best fan Taemin dreamt and bumped into!" I said with her wriggling in the middle. "But really, what's with the whole 'dream girl' business, and don't even try to make up stories," She rasped crossing her arms. 'Well screw my big mouth' "Okay, you're gonna think I'm a freak, but...I dreamed about you meeting me somewhere and... that's how I was really nice to you the whole time..." Taemin admitted while she stood there wide-eyed running out the door.

Taemin's POV

'Mi-Ja, wait!' I mentally yelled as she immediately ran out the door. I just stared at where she exited for a good minute thinking of what I said and what the others have done... "Tae-"

SMACK!

"See what you did? See what you freaking did!? Now I lost my new friend because of what you guys said! I hate you!" I screamed smacking Onew-hyung in the face with tears running down my eyes, as I ran to my room leaving everyone distressed.

(A/N My mind kept telling me to do this)

Minho's POV

>7 minutes later

"Taemin-ah, I'm not leaving unless you calm down," I said sitting besides his sobbing figure face towards the window. (A/N Is there a window beside him?) "Why the hell you tell her that I dreamed about her!? I didn't want her to think I'm a freak!" He cried with the pillow slightly muffling his voice. "Look, I wasn't the one who said that, but...we're sorry that we chased away your new friend. We thought it'll be a joke-" I apologized with him sitting up letting me see his teary face and sarcastically said, "Really, is she gonna take the whole 'hey, I just dreamt about you in my sleep, let's be friends' thing; that's gonna count as a joke!?" Okay now that's just going too far...way too far. "That's half of what I'm saying...but just go back to her house and apologize. Well, just say we apologized also...sorry again for ruining your friendship with her," I said hugging him. He did the same, restoring his sanity (A/N For all the 2min fans out there, your welcome!) "Could you tell Jonghyun-hyung that I'm sorry for smacking him?" He asks in my ear. I chuckled and nodded walking out of the room.

Taemin's POV

Minho's right, I really need to apologize to Mi-Ja, I can't just sob here all night. 'What if she's still mad at me? I don't know what to do except knock and see her.' "Hey, Taemin, you still blue?" I heard Jjong-hyung's voice behind me. I turned around to see that it was him on his phone. I walked up to him and said while hugging him, "A little bit, sorry for snapping at you guys. I was just upset that Mi-Ja left..." "Well, no use crying over spilled milk. There's only one thing to do, and that is to get on that roof and explain to her what happened. But seriously, I can see her from here that she's on the roof. Look," he said pointing at a figure on a roof sitting there at the other side of us. 'It has to be her!' "I suggest you should tell what happened," He said patting my back. I just smiled and nodded putting on my jacket and shoes to run back to her place. "Hey, Tae-ah," Onew-hyung stopped me in front of the door for something. "Make sure to bring this to Mi-Ja, and don't open it. Got it?" he ordered handing me an envelope. I nodded while walking out of the dorm. "...Sorry...about what happened," I said behind him. He patted my back, "Don't sweat it."

As I walked outside seeing a lying figure on the roof, I ran crossing the street to find a treehouse looking ladder tied on it. 'Is this how she climbs on the roof?' I asked myself climbing up to see her laying down with her iPod. "Mi-Ja?" I called with her turning her head at me. "Hey...what's up?" She faintly said turning back to her Mp3. I crawled right next to her and just said, "I-I'm really sorry of what I said. The others thought it was just to make you laugh a bit...but I guess you thought of it wrong, huh?" She took out her earphones and admitted, "It's not your fault, I was just...surprised that you were dreaming about me. No one ever did that to me before...I mean I was happy, I didn't actually see you as a freak." "You were...happy?" I asked making sure I heard her right. She nodded and nudged her head on my shoulder. "Yeah, I wouldn't hate a new friend like you who dreamt about me. That's really sweet." At least we got over that conflict. I want to come down from the house top and rest on my bed remembering this day, but I want to stay with my new friend on this roof watching the sun set for a new night on the horizon. "Hey, do you want to sing to Replay...noona?" I asked with her new nickname. She smiled and played the song taking out the earphone outlet...I'm really glad I met her.

Nunan neomu yeppeoseo

Namjadeuri gaman an dwo

Heundeullineun geunyeoui mam sasir algo isseo

Geunyeoege sarangeun hansunganui neukkimir ppun

Mwora haedo naegen salmui EVERYTHING

Ama geunyeoneun eorin naega budamseureoungabwa

Nal baraboneun nunbici malhaejujanha

AND I THINK I'M GONNA HATE IT GIRL

Kkeuti daga oneun geol

Gaseumi malhaejunda

Nuga mworaedo

Nunan neomu yeppeo

(Geu geunyeoreur boneun naneun)michyeo

(Ha hajiman ijen jichyeo)

REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY

Chueogi nae mameur halkwieo

(A apaseo ijen mameur)gochyeo

(Da dagaor ibyeore nan)

Nunan naui M.V.P

Bureoume ppudeuthaetji

Neur siseonjipjung

Geunyeowa hamkke itneun nan so cool

Jebal i soneur nohji malja deon

Naui dajimeun

Eoneu sunganbuteo geojisingeol ara

Ama geunyeoneun chakhan naega byeor jaemieopseotna bwa

Nal daehaneun momjisi malhago itjanha

AND I THINK I'M GONNA HATE IT GIRL

Kkeuti daga oneun geol

Gaseumi sorichinda ibyeor apeseo

Nunan neomu yeppeo

(Geu geunyeoreur boneun naneun) michyeo

(Ha hajiman ijen jichyeo)

MAKE UP SHAKE UP BREAK UP

Chueogi nae mameur halkwieo

(A apaseo ijen mameur)gochyeo

(Da dagaor ibyeore nan)

MAKE UP SHAKE UP BREAK UP

A-a-areumdaun geunyeoneun

A-a-ajikkkaji nuguwa

Jinsil doen sarangui maseur bonjeogi eoptneun ge bunmyeonghae

A-a-aswipgedo geunyeoneun

A-a-ajig eorin naegen

Jinsil doen sarangui maeumeur badeur su eoptneunji

Nunan neomu yeppeo

(Geu geunyeoreur boneun naneun)michyeo

(Ha hajiman ijen jichyeo)

REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY

Chueogi nae mameur halkwieo

(A apaseo ijen mameur)gochyeo

(Da dagaor ibyeore nan)

REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY

Nunan neomu yeppeo

(Geu geunyeoreur boneun naneun) michyeo

(Uh geunyeowa naui love)

Michyeo (ha hajiman ijen jichyeo)

(Uh I just go crazy 'cuz)

REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY

(I I I love you girl)

Chueogi nae mameur halkwieo

(A apaseo ijen mameur)

(Uh maeumi apaseo)

Gochyeo (da dagaor ibyeore nan)

(Yo I wanna hold U girl)

REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY

(I I I love you)

Nunan neomu yeppeo

(I keep thinkin 'bout you)

Nunan yeppeo

(I keep dreaming 'bout you)

Jinsildoen sarangui maseur bon jeogi

Nunan neomu yeppeo

(I keep thinkin 'bout you)

Nunan yeppeo

(I keep dreaming 'bout you)

Jinsildoen sarangui maeumeul

Key's POV

As I sat down on Taemin's slightly messy bed, wondering if he made up with Mi-Ja yet. Then something caught my eye: I saw two figures singing to each other playing Replay faintly in the background. "Hey, Key...whatcha lookin' at?" Onew-hyung asks me while I was looking at the window. "I know that love's gonna be in the air, someday...but let's just have their 'friend' moments," I said smiling at myself.

"My boy's growing up..."

Is it weird I did this in September instead of July?

"Raise the bar and set yourself some new challenges. You can accomplish more than you think." 

― Rebecca Gordon

Mi-Ja's POV

>next day 7/17/13

When I woke up the next day on my bed, I groggily tried to remember the details of both last night and my dream of Taemin, which for some reason, was kind of both rare and funny because 1.) my dreams goes from one topic to the next depending on the music I play on my iPod when I feel drowsy. And 2.) I remembered the story about him dreaming about me. I don't know...maybe I'll read the letter that Taemin told me to read from Onew. Is it really that important? When I asked Tae, as I for now call him since he sometimes calls me "noona", he just shrugged his shoulder and said: "Onew-hyung didn't want me to read it..." 'It must be important' I reached for the envelope from my nightstand next to me, I opened it revealing a name tag pin, a pass, and a note that I read aloud:

"Dear Mi-Ja,

If you've read this either of procrastination, still upset from what Taemin said, and/or you've fell asleep," How'd the freak he know!? "....it's just because 1.) we're really sorry of what we thought creep you out. And 2.) Taemin's birthday is coming up in two days...or tomorrow if you didn't until the next day, and we need your help. Our show that we're going to be aired on, Weekly Idol, is on his birthday too! So we need your help to surprise him. Can you think of a good way to amaze him? But please let it be appropriate in case of young viewers? If you agree or have questions, tell me at the dorm or at S.M. Thanks if you read this.

~Onew"

Oh crap, I forgot about his birthday tomorrow! Not that I'm a rabid fangirl rambling on and on about his birthday. But Onew the leader, requesting--no--begging me to surprise the Maknae on live television!! I should call him to say that I'm in. But I only have Tae's number on my phone. I don't know, I'll walk over to them to accept. But I'm not so sure if ten o' clock is the time that they're off or they're busy from practice. I'll call him anyways. "Let's see, (908)-xxx-xxxx..." (A/N In case if you are dying to call him)

"Yeoboseo, Mi-Ja?" he finally answered.

"Hey, Taemin...is Onew with you?" I asked getting up from my bed.

"Yeah...ONEW-HYUNG!! Nugungaga dangsin-eul wihae buleugoissda! ...... geulae, naega malhal pil-yoga ... dangsin-eun yeogieseo jeoleuldeul-eul su eobs-seubnida ... " I sweat-dropped at Taemin yelling in my ear. Then another voice picked up,

" Nugaiibnida? (Who is this?)" He asked while my head was kinda swimming in confusion.

"Uh, Onew...I'm Mi-Ja. 'Night of the gift basket', Mi-Ja?"

"Oh, hey there!" He said in an almost heavy English. "Did you get that note I sent you?" He asked whispering.

"Yeah, I was about to agree on it. I like helping with surprises. So what should I do?" I queried putting my phone on speaker.

"That's why I'm asking you. You might know some things ever since you meet him like: what's his favorite music artist?" He sighed while I turned on the shower head.

"W-Wait! You're showering!?"

"Yeah, but I'm not doing anything stupid. Let's just keep the conversation, and don't try to hang up!" I spat out getting in.

"O-Okay, like something to entertain the crowd while on air. Isn't his favorite idol, Michael Jackson?" He asks.

"Yeah, so is mine!" I smiled washing my hair.

"Wow, you guys should be meant for each other-"

BONK!

"Ah ****!" I wailed.

"What happened, you threw something?" He asked concerned.

"No, my soap slipped and fell on my eye. Good thing it was closed..." I answered.

"That's gotta hurt; anyways don't you impersonate him like the same clothes, shoes, moves, voice-"

"Like this?" I said with my best voice of M.J..

"Wow! That's actually good!" Onew exclaims surprise-sounding. 

"Okay, give me 15 minutes to get there as soon as I can, see ya~" I promised.

"Bye!" He said before hanging up. 

Right now, I got to get ready to talk to them. I got out of the bathroom and change into a navy blue tank top, dark gray sweatpants, and blue Nike® sneakers.Before I ran out, I grabbed my house keys and the ones to my motorcycle....yes I own one after the motorcycle accident I had last month. Painful, but I got a birthday to catch. I set the alarm before I got out of the house, and got, Seupidi, or "speedy" in Korean romanization, out of my garage.

"Oh, so you're part of a motor gang now?"

I just cringed at the sound of Sae-Ji's stuck up voice in front of the garage door. To not get in anymore trouble: the bruise I still have on my right eye, I just ignored and continued to start the engine. "I don't know why you're so mad at me, I did nothing~" She said as "sensible" as possible. Jesus, you puched a girl in the face last night while giving people goods, how's that nothing!? God, she's annoying! How'd they make her captain and school's president, for Christ's sake?! The principal and students have got to be high on drugs! "You goin' for a joyride, can I come-" "Sorry, but I'm busy for someone; go take a joy ride with Jae-hyun." I cut her off starting the engine getting on. "I wanna go~" She pouted walking in front of Seupidi. "I could run you over, ya know?" I furrowed my eyebrows grinding on the handle.

Vvvrrrrrroooommmm.....

"You're the bull...I'm the matador. Give your best~" Sae-Ji smirked making me scowl and hit the gas, circling around making skin marks on the floor, and push her with the headlights. "You're lucky I showed mercy on you. Now you made me late, just get the m--------- out!" I yelled riding out of there with Sae-Ji making an 'o' mouth. Like I give two craps about it, I have 5 minutes left to get there.

I had everything in my purse: my wallet, pass, name tag, phone and iPod, and sketch pad in case if I have to wait. I ain't the type to type my friends to chase the boredom away, no. In fact, I could be a loner, sometimes. I don't care, I'm already in the underground parking lot, running with all my strength, power, and stamina to reach the SHINee team. Though, my ribs were stabbing me to death. I couldn't breathe good, it felt raspy. And my chest felt terrible. It felt it was thrashing around the areas of the circulatory and respiratory system. Then it hit me, I freaking forgot about the water bottle on my coffee table! I was in such a rush! Plus, I barely run at half a mile!!! But I have to...for Onew...for Taemin...

"Hold up, who are you?" The guard asked pushing out his hand in my face. I showed him the pass dangling from my chest and said between breaths, "I'm...Song Mi...Ja...I'm....supposed to see...SHINee's...leader," I sat on my knees to catch my breath, but the dehydration was killing me. I need to help Onew and the others for Taemin's birthday, but my head kept swimming making my head twirl around a few times before I blacked out. "Miss!? Miss, are you okay!? Call the ambulance, now!!" That was the only thing I've heard before my head was on the mind of its own...

"Michaela..." I heard my grandmother's voice. 

Everything around me was black...except for candles circularly around me in a 7 foot distance. I was flinching from the very luminous light in front of me...

.....Am I....gonna die!?

Onew's POV

"Hey, did Mi-Ja come here?" I asked myself aloud walking towards the lobby. She was suppose to be here 30 minutes ago. Maybe she's stuck in traffic, or she's going the through the security. "Lee Jinki, you got a call from the Seoul National University Hospital," The front desk lady said handing me the phone. Wait, what happened? I just walked over and took the telephone from the woman.

"Yeoboseo?.....what?! How'd she get it!?...Okay, thanks..."

Mi-Ja's in the hospital? Why didn't I noticed that?! I just bowed my torso to the lady, and ran to the vocal room...which was four floors upstairs. I reached the fourth floor, I found the other guys in the lobby. "Hyung, what happened, why are you trembling?" Taemin-ah asked with his eyes off of his milk. The others look right at me until I said, "Mi-Ja somehow...is in the hospital, I...got a call from a Respiratory Therapist saying that she passed out severely dehydrated."

"What!? We have to get there!" Taemin-ah declared smacking his hands on the table. 'He must really care for his new best female-friend. By a lot' "We don't know which hospital she's in, though," Jonghyun-ah, pointed out. "Whatever it takes to find her..." Minho-ah said crossing his arms. "She's in the National University Hospital. But I don't know if they wants visitors," Taemin-ah just grit his teeth and grabbed his coat, sunglasses, keys, and his beanie. "Where you going?" I asked raising a brow. He just didn't reply and sprinted out of the room. "Wait up! We're coming with you!" Key-ah ran out also to catch up with him. The other two just gave in and went the same... "Aigoo, hold up!" I yelled running.

"Excuse me," I held up a bodyguard at the underground parking lot. Then Minho-ah questioned, "Where's Seoul National Hospital?" "28 Yeongeon-dong, Jongno-gu. Is it for the woman, Song Mi-Ja?" He directed then questions. We all nodded and bowed for the answers and rushed to the van. "Geugeos-eun jab-a! (Hold it)"

Taemin's POV

A low familiar but level three flinching voice came up: The Manager. "Where are you five going?" He asks with his crossed arms. I just sighed and just said seriously, "A friend of ours is severely in the hospital, and we need to see her if she's okay." Manager-hyung just stared intensely at us for the next 10 seconds until he gave in to grab the keys from my hands. "I'll drive you guys to the hospital. Then after an hour, we have to head to the radio station. We have to be there at 12:45 p.m.. Got it?" He explained looking at his watch: 10:25. "Ne," We all agreed as we jumped in the seats.

>at the SNUH front desk 30 mins later

"Excuse me, mister. Do you know where's Song Mi-Ja in this hospital?" Key-hyung asks the man running towards the desk. "Let's see...she's in room 409," He checked in his computer. "Thank you," I bowed running towards the elevator.

>room 409

"Mi-Ja! Mi--oh, thank god you're okay," I smiled and nearly cried in happiness. She was breathing normally, sitting straight as I got in the room. But she had a cannula stuck in her nose wrapping around her shoulders. Might be from either her lungs or the scent of this place. "Hey there, Tae. I'm glad you came with the others," Mi-Ja grinned weakly as the others came in. "Next time, wait up," Minho-hyung breathed.

Mi-Ja's POV

"Hey who's he?" I asked looking at the man with charcoal hair and facial follicles. "I'm SHINee's manager, Choi Jin. A pleasure to meet you here." He introduced shaking my hand. He seems nice. "It seems that Taemin was talking a little bit about you," He said taking a seat. "Uh, yeah. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Choi. I was wondering what you looked like. I thought you had brown hair with glasses-I'm sorry, I was at my train of thought," I hid my eyes in embarrassment. Though I talk like that in America, I need to remember that I'm in Korea.

"It's okay, I'm still surprised that Taemin persuaded me to actually see you in the hospital, though we have to go somewhere," He assured. Wait...Tae convinced him to come see me? "Uh, yeah. I was just worried that Onew-hyung said 'severely'," He scratched his head. "Well, he and the doctor was right about me being severely dehydrated. I had a bad side-stitch, my breathing was bad as much as my lungs, and while I was out-cold, I was dizzy yet I was delirious: I thought I heard my grandmother while I saw a bright light in my face. I thought I was dying back there," I explained my indicia. "Must've been hard," Minho said leaning against the wall (next to the door). Then I reassured, "Yeah, but those were just symptoms and dizziness, I'm gonna check out in an hour or longer, so I don't need to worry, but that's really sweet to know if I was okay, even if it was from a celebrity." "Well, we're all friends here, right? So it's good to see and worry about you," Key smirked. Yeah, good to have idols as friends...somehow, I doubt that...

"But really, for Taemin...congrats for almost being legal in America! *\(^o^)/*" I smiled at him raising my hands in the air, yes his birthday is tomorrow...or in two days in America. "Aww, thanks..." He squeezed my torso jumping around the place.

"Oh yeah, when we're done with the radio talk show, I need you to help me back at the company," Onew winked behind Taemin. I was confused at first, yes, I was in the hospital for an hour; I could forget while unconscious, but then I remembered, "Ooh, right I nearly forgot. Don't worry, I'll meet you back at S.M. to help out." "Anyways, we need to get back on track; Mi-Ja, it was a pleasure meeting you, but we have to be there in an hour to get ready. We will see you after," Mr. Choi stood up. I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Thank you for stopping by, good luck on air!" As I said it, the crew left in 4 seconds flat.

Until, Tae stopped in his tracks and came up to wrap his arms around the back of my neck, "Mwah~♥"....did he just kiss my cheek? "It's just a friendly kiss, noona. Thanks for remembering my birthday!" He exclaimed. "Uh, yeah...no problem, Tae," I smiled weakly. "We're leaving without you!" I heard Jonghyun's voice as Taemin ran to the door. "Bye, noona!" He whisper-yelled waving goodbye as I did the same. When he left, I could still feel the warm, soft presence of his lips on my cheek. I would fangirl like a crazed lunatic, but he's my friend. But...a "friendly" kiss? My step-dad would lash out on him if he were here.

Onew's POV

>after the radio talk show

"Man, that was long," Jonghyun complained getting out of the car. I would do the same, well...it was at least 40 minutes of the car ride from SNUH to the station, an hour of the talk show, and 50 minutes the way back 'cause of traffic. To us, it felt like it was four hours. "What's more tiring is that we have to go somewhere else tomorrow..." Minho sighed grabbing his bag. "On my birthday you mean," Taemin retorted smacking him upside the head. "Yeah, I wonder if Mi-Ja's at the lot. I still have to help her," I said curiously looking out of the inside of the window.

We both agreed with the scene for Taemin's surprise: Michael Jackson. Plus, she promised for tomorrow, so she has to be there. "What's the occasion, is it something you two are doing for my birthday?" Taemin smirked gazing at me. I just kept a straight face and said, "This has nothing to do with your birthday, Tae."

"Then what's with the letter?"

"So I could invite her to the company, that's all I'm telling you, Mr. Stubborn," I sighed. 

"Stubborn!? Who the f--"

BANG!

"Taemin, Onew, calm. down!" Manager-hyung snapped hitting the car aggressively. "Yes, hyung," We said with the lot being dead silent. "Speaking of which: How come you want her to join?" Key questions breaking the 15 second silence. "I have something to tell her. That's all I'm freaking saying!" I yelled in annoyance walking away from the others into the lobby.

"Onew?" A feminine voice called me. I just turned around to see Mi-Ja sitting calmly in the lounge with her sketch pad. "Hey, you beat us to it, I was wondering about you...who's that?" I smiled gazing and pointing at her drawing of a girl staring at a blank space. "Uh, it's just undone. I was doing a story cover about a girl who finds a stranger in an accident, then realizes it was a--I ain't spoiling for ya!" She said waving her hands at me.

"Hey, Mi-Ja!" Minho called setting his hand on my shoulder. "Hey Minho, hey guys..." She said faintly but still kept a smile on her face. "Hey, you're out of the hospital!" Taemin scooted past the others to hug her. I tell ya: meant for each other, I say... "You two should be married or something..." Key scoffed. Mi-Ja slightly pushed Tae out of the way and blushed profusely stammering, "H-H-He's like a b-brother to me, that's all!" "Yeah, she's just a girlfr- not that!...I mean...a female-friend! Yeah, that's it," Taemin stuttered calmly with rose dusting his cheeks. Denial....enough said....

Taemin's POV

"Anyways, let's go, I want to get ready!" Mi-Ja said to Onew-hyung jumping. I'm still wondering what they're hiding from me. What if they're not? What if they're doing something for my birthday? What if it's for something else? 'ARGH, THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!' "Hold up, Maknae, you have to stay with the others. We're gonna handle other things ourselves. We'll see you guys in a few hours, just hang out," Onew-hyung said walking to the stairs with "noona". "See ya guys later!" She said waving goodbye again. Somehow, there were mixed emotions in my head: suspicion, anger, happiness, jealousy, and somehow...another emotion I can't explain.

Mi-Ja's POV

"Are you sure you didn't spurt that much inform about the surprise? He looked suspicious about it," I questioned in concern walking towards some random rooms. "He gets a bit stubborn once in a while, so don't worry that much, kay?" He reassured entering a room filled with female stylists and assistants. "Welcome, Onew~" Some girls said....the creepy beautifying version of Girls Generation... "Anyeong, noonas! naneun dangsin-eul butag-eulhanda : dangsin-eun naei yeoja naleul dowa su issseubnida. i Taemin-ui saeng-il naeil, geuligo ulineun nae chinguga migug seuta, Maikeul Jaegseuncheoleom boigehaeya ," He said in Korean that I could barely understand. 

I understood the birthday and Michael Jackson part, then I butted in and said, "Sorry if you can't understand me, but I don't want to exactly look like him, just a few touches of makeup and some clothing will do." "Sure, thing-u. Werl be ready in a few hours, so it'rl take a whirle," (Sure thing. We'll be ready in a few minutes, so it'll take a while) One of them spoke in Konglish. Well, I can't that much understand the characters and Romanization, but I understand accents from watching Hetalia with my sister. "Kamsahabnhida," (thank you) I thanked the girls. "We'rl be done in harf an hour or so, so you two shourd practice," (We'll be done in half an hour or so, so you should practice). "Okay, noona," Onew walked out walking to the hallway.

"They, seemed nice; where else are we going?" I asked following him by the back. "Just the dance room, I thought you know a bit of dance moves up your sleeves. Which reminds me: how old are you?" He answered then queried. I replied, "20," "Oh, so you might wanna call us 'oppa' once in a while in public," He smiled patting my head.

"What if I forget it?" I questioned.

"Huh?"

"I wasn't born around here, and my father who is I-don't-know-if-he-is Korean, wasn't supporting me and my family. So it's my first time knowing honorifics," I explained the situation. "Well...since you're from America, I'll let you slide a little. In Korea, we respect the high or elder authorities. So it's a bit easy but complicated to the new ethnics," Onew informed entering a room with a sky backgrounded wall.

"Well this the dance room, when we need to practice for the next performance or music video. So just stand over there," He directed to the middle. I just took it and walked standing there. "Soooo, what's next?" I asked crossing my arms in patience. "Well what kind of song do you want to dance to?" He asks back. I just answered, "How 'bout Sherlock?" "Huh, nice choice; let's hope that you'll do well at this," He smirked. I just lowered my head slightly glaring at him at his retort as he plugs his phone in the speakers playing the Korean pop song. "Okay," I rubbed my hands together.

Onew's POV

Maybe I should have a bit of confidence in her. She kinda looks like a new--woah!

Shinees back,

shinees back,

shinees back,

back back back back.

I just stopped at my thoughts looking at Mi-Ja's first four moves in the intro. As the first verse played, she widely opened her arms the accurately closed it back. She's really good, might be as good as either Key or Taemin's moves.

Jigeumbuteo ALL STOP eoneu nugura haedo

I hyeonjangeul beoseonaseon an dwae myeongbaekhan i sageon soge ginjanghaji ma

Nan milsil aneseo deo jayurowo imi

Neoui tteollin sumgyeol hanakkaji nochiji anha

Eunmilhage norin simjangui boseok

Neoui buranhan geu siseonkkaji kkwetturheosseo nan

Yonguiseonsangui neol chajanaesseo nan FREEZE!

Amugeotdo moreundan eolgullo neon

Nae mameul heundeureo gihoereul noryeo

Du gaeui dap (du gaeui dap)

Gin bam bulkkoccheoreom teojyeo BABY

OH I'M CURIOUS, YEAH sajin sok nega sungan misojieo wae

OH I'M CURIOUS, YEAH, I'M SO CURIOUS, YEAH

When the chorus played, two words: killing it! She was real good! It looked like intermediate moves if you ask me. Especially the swaying moves....meant for Taemin! Official!

Haruedo subaek beonssik neol tteoollida tteolchyeonaeda

Nae meorissogeul chaeun uimun nega wonhan geosi mwonga

Sorido eobsi heulleo deuneun i sungani nae mame

Soyongdorichyeo

OH I'M CURIOUS, YEAH sajin sok nega sungan georeonawa wae

OH I'M CURIOUS, YEAH, IM SO CURIOUS, YEAH

Jigeum nae ape neoneun siljaehaji anha bunmyeong aljiman neoreul simmunhagesseo

Naega wonhan daedap neoneun algo isseo ne ipsuri

Bitnatda sarajyeo

Eojjeom neon imi aranneunji moreuji nae maeumeun

Aechobuteo gutge jamgiji anhasseotji negemaneun

Beomineun i ane isseo

Amudo nagal su eobseo

Neowa na eotteon nugudo

Neoui modeun geotdeure da

Jeunggeoreul nan balgyeonhaesseo

Neoreul kkok chajanaegesseo (teojyeo baby)

OH I'M CURIOUS, YEAH sok nega sungan georeonawa wae

Tonight shinees in the house wo ho

So give it up give it up give it up for shinee

Give it up give it up give it up for shinee

The song was long done as Mi-Ja was breathing a little off. Well...she's been dehydrated in the hospital for two hours, so I should give her some water. "That was great! You could actually use those moves for dancing," I complimented. She just raised her head and said, "Well, me and my little sister did it, also, but I was the one who thought about it." Really!? "Awesome! For now, let's just get things ready for tomorrow. And don't let Taemin see you that much okay?" I ordered. She just nodded enthusiastically. Tae will love this!

Yes, the last scenes sound dramatic, but it's too keep the story going right a little

"You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose." 

― Abraham Lincoln

Mi-Ja's POV

》Taemin's Birthday! ♥《

When I woke up hearing XOXO by well... EXO, I happily woke up realizing Taemin's birthday is today. I stopped my alarm clock by stopping on my screen, then seen a message from Taemin: Picking you up at 11:20. Get the suit and hair ready. Don't forget the mask and dance. ~Onew. P.S. My number's (732)-xxx-xxxx.

At least I don't have to call Taemin to get him by yelling. But really, had you ever had an ear trauma? Yeah, it was that loud. I got up looking at the time on my smartphone: 6:20. Early, but it's good enough to let out my hair. Really, the girls really had to cut and curl my hair to mid-back length? It looked like a 50's housewife when they added the painful curlers.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Oh, hell no. I ran down quickly grabbing and putting my white jacket. I don't want anyone seeing me like this. And I mean no one! 

When I opened the door, with the hood hovering my hair, it revealed Minho with sports clothing, sweaty and...well...sticky. "Minho, didn't expect to see you here at like...6:21 in the morning. You alright?" I asked backing up a bit. He just chuckled and said, "Song Mi-Ja, our one only neighbor that doesn't fangirl in front of us. I was just coming back from a daily jog. I see you just woke up, but really... what's with covering that hairstyle?" "I thought you were someone else, I was getting ready to take these damned curlers off. Really, wear these overnight, and see if they're uncomfortable," I dared then asked him, "Hey, so you need anything from here?" "No-well...I just want to see the inside of your house. Even though we've met for at least 3 days. Taemin had a chance but I didn't," He declined then changed his answer. I just pondered for a good moment thinking that he might just wait for a while. "Sure, but I have to get in the shower. While I'm there, you can come in; although it'll take like about 15 minutes..." I explained backing up for him to enter.

"Nice place, here. Did you buy the dolls over there, or someone made 'em?" He walked in looking at the Kaity Dolls. Really, if you tell one person about them, it's good. But two or more, publicity time! "I'll tell you this, my grandmother made those before I was born and when I was little, that's all," I said putting my family problem incognito. As the smartest guy I thought Minho was, he fell for it by saying, "She must be really talented; is she okay?" Okay, a little smart..."She's just...sick..." I lied putting my head down to emphasize more. Surprisingly, he fell for that too. "Oh, sorry about that. Must be hard for the family," He apologized sitting down on my couch. "Yeah. I'm gonna head into the shower now. Do ya need anything?" I asked. He just shook his head, "I'd rather admire your grandmother's work." I just smiled and headed upstairs heading for the lining closet to get my towel.

Minho's POV

She must've had a talented generation in her family tree. Still, her grandmother being sick? Does she have an illness? Cancer? I don't know--wait... "She's a little bit sad enough to sing that..." Is this what Taemin was hiding from? My answer was clear when I saw a note on the coffee table saying: If the cancer takes over, visit her last day: the day before when she dies.

Her grandmother does have cancer. I really feel sorry for her... but I don't want to burst the word out either, so I'll keep it quiet for the "last day". "Hey," I heard Mi-Ja from upstairs five minutes later. "Do you need anything to drink? I could give it to you... even though I'm in a bath robe..." Oh no! I'm not looking at a starkly covered girl Taemin has a denial crush on! Instead of saying the word I screamed in my head, I said, "No, just continue your thing, I said I was alright."Okay, that might've sounded a bit mean, but what else should I say: 'No, I don't want to see your naked body'? All she just replied was a faint 'okay'. I just sighed in victory and lied back on the maroon divan.

Around others, she's calm and caring towards others, even though it's been three days since we've seen her up close instead of Taemin's dreams. But her living room feels like a sympathetic homegoing. Tae must've felt bad for her when he found out...

After five minutes of Mi-Ja changing, came down with a Michael Jackson looking hairstyle with a blue and black plaid button down with denim shorts. My definition of her, even though I'm seeing her as a new little sister: dainty but hot. "And to think: this took at least 3 1/2 hours to curl and pull back. Three freaking hours to do a simple hairstyle," She complained slightly touching her new do. Geez, how long it took me to cut my hair short?

"Was it painful?" I asked getting more into the conversation.

"A little, it can't be more than my mom's friend who used to do me and sister's hair. Here's the worse part: it was really hard, that some of our hair ripped off. But I don't want to disturb you." "No, but you did the same with manager-hyung--okay you do the same with adults, but you should let go and sound a little funny. Act normal," I suggested leaning forward. But then I get this, "Okay, but 1.) I could say something offensive or not funny. 2.) I'm not funny around campus because people don't think I'm 'hilarious'. And also 3.) If I said 'You look really different when I saw a picture of you looking like you had makeup all over yourself like an Asian Michael Jackson', you think I'm that funny?"

I just laughed a little on that last part. I remembered the picture when I was on Google and I was looking at my face of the screenshot: it was me, but it looked like I slightly bleached my face and my eyes did not look like mine. Way too wide for me. "Don't worry about that, I remembered that picture of me when I was on Google. I thought the same when I saw it." I reassured, "still, just let go and joke around. We're not gonna take much of it seriously," Mi-Ja bit her lip in doubt, but just sighed and said, "Sure, but only because your my friend."

I just chuckled deeply from my low voice, and lightly patted her head. "Well...I think I found my new little sister," I smiled then asked, "what was this all for, Taemin's birthday?" Mi-Ja smirked and shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah, I have to be on Weekly Idol by Onew's request, that I have to look like Michael Jackson. But I don't want him to notice me, so I figured: why not go back and ask those girls I need to lighten my skin," She explains. I just gave her a 'what?!' face and asked, "you're gonna bleach your skin?!" "Choi Minho, would me, a Korean-African-American, would actually bleach my dark skin?" She asked with a sarcastic tone. I just sighed in relief and shook my head no. "Exactly, oppa," She raised her finger...wait, did she call me 'oppa'? "Yes, I called you oppa; I'm 2 years younger than you," Mi-Ja answered my question. "You kinda look like your at least around Onew-hyung's age," I admitted.

"Yeeaah-no. Also, we're changing point A to point B. I'd rather ask the girls to hide my skin color with makeup so Taemin won't notice me. I'm gonna take it off later," She planned coming back on topic. "Yeah, and you might need another name...something like....ah, how 'bout, Nolae? If you ask: it means 'song' or 'melody' in Korean," I suggested the name and etmythology. She just smiled at the thought and nodded. Then I asked, "Hey, since you're going to S.M., can I tag along?"

"Only if you don't tell Taemin that I'm doing this for his birthday,"

"Deal," I agreed.

"Still, if you're hungry, I could make us some meat and potato wedges," Mi-Ja shrugged.

"Sure. I didn't eat much," I walked toward the dining room.

"Okay, as long as we don't have to do the whole: 'wait for the eldest person to eat', I'm not good at that," She pointed out.

"We don't have to; still, I'll wait 'till you're done," I said walking back to the couch. Mi-Ja smiled and went to cooking. I heard my phone buzz from my pocket and got a call from Key...oh god...

"Yeoboseo?" I answered. 

"Where are you!? You're not back from your jog, breakfast just started without you!" Key-hyung yelled from the other line. Where's the mute button on him?!

"Im having breakfast with Mi-Ja, then I'm going to S.M. to help her out," I replied. 

"Look outside at our window..." He instructed. 

I told Mi-Ja that I had to take the call outside. She went with it, and I just walked out of the house. When I saw Taemin and Jonghyun's room window, I saw Key-hyung and Taemin-ah from the opening. "Can I join you guys? I wanna try her cooking!" Taemin yelled whining. I just shouted from across the street and said, "no, you stay there! I have reasons to stay here!" "Mean-ho!" Hey stuck his tongue at me with the new nickname and left. "Just come back soon. We have to go to Weekly Idol today!" He yelled and left also.

Taemin, your 21st birthday is gonna be the weirdest one ever...

Onew's POV

>Weekly Idol Studio

We arrived at the studio with everything prepared, including Taemin, who was bouncing up and down throughout the whole walk in the parking lot. He's finally 21 years old, fully legal in America, and he still jumps around like a Mexican Jumping Bean. We walked inside, I turned around seeing Minho and a person, who still has the helmet on covering him(her)self, getting off of a motorcycle. "Hyung!" He shouted running towards us. "Hey, Minho! Where were you? Taemin was wondering...not the whole fan fiction wondering, but yeah," I asked referring to the sick fictions the fans made; not that it's a bad thing, everyone's weird. "I had to take a drive back at S.M. with...Nolae..." he whispered pointing at the person parking her bike. I gave him a beufuddled looked and asked, "Nolae? You mean Mi-Ja?" "It's Nolae for now. That way Taemin won't notice that 'he's' her. He'll know once we get the makeup off of her," He explain with 'Nolae' walking towards him.

"Hey, Onew...can we go in? The makeup's melting off a little," I heard her M.J. voice from the hollow mask; I nodded then got in the studio with me falling over...for the trillionth time. "You really need to stop tripping on your own legs," Mi-Ja retorted picking me back up on my feet. "Just fix up over there. You're gonna be called later," I informed her while she ran to the dressing room. "Hyung, come on...the show's gonna start soon," Jonghyun yanked on my arm while dragging me to the blank side of the atelier.

Mi-Ja's POV

When I was done putting on the suit and black semi-opaque mask over my peach sprayed face, I opened the door with directors, cameramen, and bleachers filed with the many fans that you could fit in that thing. I'm used to seeing Weekly Idol on YouTube and such, but up close is really giving me tens and thousands of fragile butterflies in my stomach burning within the acid. I just took a deep breath and walked over a table setting my bag on it.

Then just looked over at the others with the hosts, Jeong Hyeong-don, a famous, and still will be, comedian in different TV shows, and Defconn, a 90's rapper even for K-Pop. Can this day get any cooler? "May I present you...Nolae!" Onew shouted. Scratch that...it just did. I just sighed the anxiety in me and put on Michael's famous fedora walking to the blank area of the studio.

Taemin's POV

"I see that it's you birthday today, oleunjjog?(right)" Hyeong-don-hyung asked me while I frantically nodded my head. Defconn-hyung came up to me and said, "We'll be the next to say: Happy Birthday to Lee Taemin!" Next I see were balloons and confetti in flying around the place with the many people in the audience screaming and cheering. As the childish person I was, I just took it and chased for the aqua blue balloon next to Key-hyung.

"Well, Taemin-ah didn't get his broadcasted gift yet from me, yet," Onew-hyung said. I whipped my body at him and interrogated, "Jeongmal?(really) When can I get it!" "Well...it's a person who playing your favorite idol, and he's really happy to be here meeting you," he explained. I don't give a damn what it is, I want to see him! "Who is it?" I asked jumping. Onew-hyung smirks and says, "May I present you...Nolae!"

I turned around to see a figure wearing an inverted Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal suit with his signature fedora. What's still getting me is: its mask covering the face. "Wait...what can you do?" I asked looking around him(her). "Well...could you put on Sherlock for me please?" (S)He asks looking at the film crew. "You sure have a good M.J. voice..." Jonghyun-hyung complimented then questioned, "you have the moves of him?" "Don't be so smug about it..." She said while doing the first moves...

(A/N Still don't have the moves yet...where's a dance studio where I could dance for free in Asbury? Tell me in the comments if you know.)

Key's POV

Shinees back,

shinees back,

shinees back,

back back back back.

Woah! And enough said on the first four moves. "Onew-hyung, what do you know about him?" I whispered leaning towards him. He kept his position but still had eye contact on me. "Don't tell Taemin until later. That's actually Mi-Ja in makeup..." He answered still in a silent tone. Wait...Mi-Ja is that?!

Jigeumbuteo all stop eoneu nugura haedo

Nan milsil aneseo deo jayurowo imi

Eunmilhage norin simjangui boseok

Yonguiseonsangui neol chajanaesseo nan freeze!

Amugeotdo moreundan eolgullo neon

Nae mameul heundeureo gihoereul noryeo

Du gaeui dap (du gaeui dap)

Gin bam bulkkoccheoreom teojyeo baby

Oh im curious yeah sajin sok nega sungan misojieo wae

Oh im so curious yeah, im so curious yeah

Soyongdorichyeo (A/N Soy un dorito XD)

Oh im curious yeah sajin sok nega sungan georeonawa wae

Bitnatda sarajyeo

Beomineun i ane isseo

Amudo nagal su eobseo

Neowa na eotteon nugudo...

"Best gift ev-!"

KICK!

All of us, even Taemin, who was still in a shocked state when "Nolae" nearly kick the hell out of him on Minho's rapping part on the bridge. By nearly, I mean "sole almost to the nose" near! That would've hurt if that ever made contact... "You gotta like the gift..." I retorted.

Neoui modeun geotdeure da

Jeunggeoreul nan balgyeonhaesseo

Tonight shinees in the house wo ho

The last part ended when she spun around M.J style stopping in front of Tae...you gotta love that dance. Really!

Everyone clapped and shouted while Nolae bowed to the camera covering her right eye. "That was awesome!" I tribute to her moves. She just covered her masked blocked face and said thanks. "One question...who are you?" Taemin asks looking dead at Mi-Ja. We all stood quiet as 3/5 of us knew what's going on a little, She stood quiet until she said, "That's for you to know later on...for now, I'm the only one who knows about my identity. Regardless, I had a great day performing for Taemin. Hope you have a great birthday; now I have to run down the highway. See you soon!" She walked away with pride in her walk as soon as Defconn asked, "Don't you wanna stay for a while?" "I would, but I have a sister to take care of. Thanks for the offer!" She excused herself still walking away. "Bye!" "Thanks for the birthday gift!" "Nice moves you got there!" "We'll see you soon!"

Mi-Ja's POV

That was fun dancing for Taemin. Even though he nearly blew my cover, I would've ran until I came up with a plan. I grabbed my keys to Seupipdi and set the engine on. "Hope he liked his gift..." I smiled at the studio. I've been there for 15 minutes and I felt like I was going to far with the kick. I don't know, I just sat on my seat putting on my helmet driving back to S.M. to get the makeup off of my face. "Maybe I should keep Nolae for a while," I thought aloud stepping on the gearshift, driving off to the coal black road pavement.

Taemin's POV

> after Weekly Idol

We got out after an hour of showtime, and we all left to run to the car. I, with the teal balloon in my hands squeezing it gently, ran down there leaving everybody behind me. "Taemin, slow down; you're gonna get hit by a car!" And that's when I stopped and slowed down. Thanks for ruining my fun, Manager-hyung!

Still, I'm wondering who was Nolae. He had the same hair as Mi-Ja, and nearly sounded a bit like her. Maybe she was.... nope! I bet it was for a friend of her's. That's why she was with Onew. Although, I felt jealous of Onew-hyung and Minho-hyung for hanging out with her. Even Minho-hyung because she let him eat her cooking, I wanna try it-!

OOMPH!

"That's why we don't let you walk by yourself. Even on your birthday, you're as clumsy as Onew-hyung," Jonghyun-hyung said rubbing on my front rib when I hit the trunk. Maybe I should stop thinking when I walk, because I bump into random things.

> back at S.M. 

"Good ol' S.M., the place where we have more things to work on." I sighed exasperately sagging my way out of the back seat. "Well...we nothing to do today or Friday, so you should relax." Manager-hyung said while getting out of the driver's seat. I jumped in relief and walked to the lobby to the elevator.

When I got out and walked to the dance studio, I noticed an ajar door and someone in the dressing room: a familiar figure stripping out a dress shirt. I figured not to look anymore until I saw her dark skin color. Wait...dark?

Creak...

"Mi-Ja?" I asked quietly until I flinched while she was trying to take off her tube top and turned around. "What the s***!?" She screamed covering covering herself. "Calm down! I didnt mean to-"

BANG!

Jonghyun's POV

Onew-hyung and I thought that both of us need to practice vocal works, so I figured that we would do rehearsals in the recording studio. "What the s***?!" I heard a feminine voice from the dressing room. "Was that Mi-ja?" Onew-hyung questioned running. I just took a deep breath and ran along with him hearing a gunshot.

BANG!

Both of us struggled in the room until we saw Taemin in a complete shock, and Mi-Ja...carrying a gun in her hand...

She shot him on his birthday?!

Yes, some parts sound a bit dumb, I get it

"Chocolate says "I'm sorry" so much better than words." 

― Rachel Vincent, My Soul to Save

Mi-Ja's POV

When I fired the first shot near Taemin (to his right side), I've noticed Jonhgyun and Onew right near the door and a few faint screams and voices. Man, I gotta stop thinking there's a stalker behind me all the time, but there were stalkers in my time. Even during 8th grade! "What the hell! You shot him?!" Onew was the first to yell. Now that crowd's getting on me. This is getting more suspenseful than usual when I shot a few criminals. I gently placed the gun near the dresser and explained, "I've said this like a f***-a-jillion times, but I'll say it formally: I'm very sorry for the confusion and alert you had while hearing the first shot. I thought he was an intruder or a stalker watching me while I was changing. Yes, I have experienced this a few times already. I didn't mean to try and kill anyone. Carnage innocent lives are not my shtick. So just continue what you witnesses were doing before the scene. Lastly, yes I can have a gun: I'm internationally licensed to have bullet firearms. Thank you for your time..."

"...ooookay...just don't do that again, or the CEO might ban you if you did it on purpose," Jonghyung informed while I nodded. I just stared at Taemin who was breathing hard in the corner. I feel real bad for nearly shooting him on his birthday...I feel like a jackass. I narrowed my eyes at myself and grabbed my white jacket grabbing my bag, gun, and keys walking out of the dressing room. "Wait, Mi-Ja! Mi-Ja, I just need to talk!" I just ignored Taemin's call and started running away and descended into the stairs near where I was running.

Taemin's POV

I should've never peeked at her in the first place...she already left while she ran away. I just catched my breath for a little while on my knees falling to the floor; that girl could run fast than anyone I've seen. "Hey, Tae-Tae...what's wrong?" Krystal, the maknae of F(x), came from behind me and bent over my normal-breathing body. "Were you getting the guy who shot a room near ya?" She asked with the usual nickname she would always give me. Krystal could treat me like a kid despite that she's younger than me by 2 years and 3 months. I just straightened myself up and asked, "Couldn't you just call me oppa for a while?" "Sorry about that; oppa, what's wrong?" She repeated. I just sighed and sat on the tiled floor and answered, "It was a girl that I...kinda like accidently shot the dressing room, and...she ran off." "Did she mean to?" She asks me. I shook my head no, "She's just really scared. I guess that's why."

"Aigoo, Tae-oppa's having some girl problems~ I'll tell you this: just say it you forgive her, and let it slide. Also, since it's your birthday, why not ask her out? She might accept it and you could take her for a stroll to the park or somewhere to eat," Krys suggested. That's...pretty much a good idea. "Yeah, I might do that, thanks Krystal," I thanked her while she said no problem. "Hey, Taemin..." I heard Key-hyung from a distance. By distance, I mean the stairway. "Are you alright? Did someone try to shoot you?" "I'm good, hyung. I just need to step out and see Mi-Ja for a while," I said getting up from the floor I was still sitting on. "Okay, but your birthday dinner's gonna be around 8, aight?" He informed. I nodded and got up. I better ask Manager-hyung for the keys...

Mi-Ja's POV

>at her house

Rough start for Taemin's birthday: I nearly kicked his face and nearly shot him back at S.M. I just sighed at my thoughts and slouched on my crimson couch. I just did nothing but stared at the cabinet looking doors that held my flat screen television.

No, no one bought this for me, it was just from the other person who used to live here as a gift, as it said from the note that said: for the future mover. Which was nice, so that way 1.) I don't need to buy a TV. 2.) I can play my games on my Oculus Rift, Gamecube®, and WiiU®, which mom bought two of them during Black Friday. One for home and one for me when I move here, which already happened.

I just groaned at myself and walked across the medium sized living room, opening the flaps of the TV and turned on my WiiU, putting on Nintendo Land©.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Let me guess: either Taemin or the other guys who didn't see my house. I can't just leave them skeptical and let them leave. I blew air out of my mouth and walked open the door seeing Taemin...as usual for the second time here. "Okay, what's up; putting me on a lawsuit of nearly killing you?" I asked crossing my arms. He just shook his head no. "I-I'm really sorry that I snuck up on you like that. It was completely stupid to do," He apologizes. He came all the way to say that to me? "I should be the one that should say sorry. I nearly kicked your face and killed you with my gun, which is legal internationally." I assured looking away from him. Out of all the words that I struggled on, "sorry" is a hard word to say out of your mouth. "Oh...hey you never told me that you have a flat screen in your living room! Can I come in again?" He requested changing the topic. I thought for a moment until I nodded and walked back to the living room.

"Awesome, you even have the game consoles to it too! You have everything...is your mother rich?" He complimented sitting then asked. I gave him a surprised look on my face and laughed as softly as I can, "No, we're living in middle class. It's not that bad at the house, the only thing about it is that your rooms could be cramped and you had to share it when I was back in the 90s. When my sister came along, it was freaking tough...but in conclusion because of the whole point A to point B: no," "What happened with your sister?" He asked point B. "Uh...she screamed 24/7/365 until she was 3. Years. Old! 3 god-forsaken years of screams and crying...but she's better..." I explained the story behind it with complete annoyance of the past. Taemin laughed a little letting his head fall to his mid-thighs. "Okay, so you didn't have it all as much as I thought. I pictured that you were rich in New Jersey." He confessed timidly. I just rolled my eyes playfully.

Taemin's POV

"Hey, Mi-Ja, is it possible that if we could hang out, today? I'm just saying because I don't want you to be a couch potato while missing a-" "If you're gonna say 'miss a once in a lifetime great experience', then I get that a lot. Also, sure..." I gathered up my strength and courage just to get that answer? Not that I'm complaining, but that was just anti-climactic...Regardless, I felt great that she said yes. That is something that some men have to have the balls to ask a girl out...and that's saying a lot! "Sooo...when are we going?" She asks. I thought about that for a minute until I answered, "How 'bout 4:15?" She glanced at the clock saying: 4:03. "So in conclusion, it's 12 minutes?" "Yeah, so that way we could go to the park, the movies, the fair that's tonight. We might have the time to do all of them or sooo..." I said nervously remembering the fact that she can't speak fluent Korean...yet. "Well....I'm gonna have to use my Bluetooth headset and oxygen tank throughout the whole time. The headset is for the movies because I can't speak Korean, so it translates to English for me...thank the technicians. As for the oxygen tank...not that I can't breathe, it's just that I'm allergic to god-knows-what ingredient that makes perfume have a strong scent," She explained. But allergic to perfume, that's just sad.

"Are you okay with a little smell?"

"Just some sprits won't hurt me, I just sneeze a little. But perfume in the air, I get rashes and can't breathe,"

"That's gotta be a little depressing..."

"Yeah, also when you have to carry that god damn tank throughout the whole house when your mom wears perfume for occasions..."

"Ya have medication for it?"

"Just CPR will help me a little...thank god my mom's a respiratory therapist,"

"Yeah. So we'll hang out later in a few?" I asked getting up.

"Uh-huh; see ya then!" Just one simple goodbye gives an ache thinking that I have to step out, even though I'm coming back in the next 10 minutes. I hope she's wearing a pretty sundress. Or a cool casual outfit- hold up...I'm gonna get into a car accident while I'm thinking of her on the street.

When I ran back to my dorm on the ---- floor, (A/N Can someone tell me what floor?!) I scrambled in the door seeing the other hyungs just relaxing "Hey, Taemin; you got my keys right?" Manager-hyung asked straight-looking at me. I spaced out a little thinking that I'm killing time. Then I went back to reality and nodded my head then asked, "Can I at least use it for a little while? I have to go out with 'someone'..." The others must've known who that "someone" was. "I don't kno-" "Hyung, let him; Taemin's experiencing the life of going out with someone in real life instead of on camera. I mean-it is his birthday, right?" Onew-hyung defended me. It's just a simple walk and the movies, not like a date date! Manager-hyung thought about it for a minute, and it's really starting to murder my minutes. Until he finally gave in, "Fine, but one scratch: and you're dead..." I gulped hard on the last part, thinking of the un-thinkable.

"Soooo, how much time you have left to see her?" Minho-hyung asks calming me down. I just scratched the back of my head and confessed, "9 minutes left...." Until Jonghyun-hyung jumped up from the recliner and hollered, "That freaking short to let that girl rush?! Damn, you are stubborn...I'll tell you what: girls like seeing guys with a button-down with one part opened. Also, you might wanna put on some cologne-" "NO!!!" I screamed when he said the last part. The rest of the other guys stared dead at me eyeing off of the TV and phones until Key-hyung questions, "Waeyo? (why)" "S-S-She has a bit of an..." "Allergy? Is she allergic to perfume, or some-?" "How the hell do you know?" I asked seriously to Key-hyung thinking of an excuse. I'm not supposed to say anything about Mi-Ja's flaws....

Key's POV

"Really Maknae...to me, when someone says: "a bit of a..." it means Mi-Ja might have some allergies. Geez, it ain't the first time you try to cover someone," I replied sarcastically. Trust me, he tries and tries...he still doesn't accomplish much. "Whatever, I have a hang out that I'm really killing here. Thanks for the clothing advise, Jjong-hyung..." He sighed getting to his room changing with a load of 'not good' 'too flashy' 'too...Kibum' ....Thanks for the trend, Minnie...

After 6 minutes of indecisions, Taemin finally came out with a sleeveless (A/N to show off skin for fans) blue button-down with white skinny jeans. No...not even close to cute but stylish. -__-; (A/N Spoken from a diva) "Soo, how does it look?" I questions spinning around a bit. Everyone looked like he threw up like Minho from our dinner a few days ago. I just spoke out like a very frank person and said, "Just stick to the T-Shirts, Maknae. Button-downs don't technically--"

RRRRIP!

"Now you freaking say it?! Jonghyun-hyung, I think the button-down award belongs to you and Minho..." Taemin cut me off by-literally--ripping his shirt off forcefully. What the "F" boy. You've turned 21, became American-ly legal, had a good broadcasted gift, and now you're going out with the girl of your realistic dreams...they grow up way too fast for me... "Thaaanks..." They said awkwardly.

Taemin's POV

'Crap, I'm late! Thanks Jonghyun for that useless advice!' I got out 4 minutes late because of finding Manager-hyung's car keys. I didn't know he hides them under the laptop in his study! (A/N Relax, he doesn't) As long as I'm alright seeing Mi-Ja for our hangout, I'll be okay. I got outside seeing her sitting on top of the roof where I saw her from the Night of the Gift Basket. From the angle here, she looked really beautiful. She was wearing a blue ruffled blouse and black shorts with teal sneakers on. But she stared at the sky with the black sunglasses on. Not that she has to look at the sun, but they kind of look weird. Okay, I can stare at her beauty while going to the park, but I don't know if she can see from here.

I hurriedly crossed the street, as I walked and came to her front yard. "Noona!" I yelled enough for her to hear and not much for the hyungs to hear. I finally got her attention as she saw me below her 2 story roof, and she smiled warmly. "Annyeonghaseyo, Taemin! Ready?" She grins jumping off the roof with a woven picnic basket. I was a bit scared at first, but she came down smoothly like a cat reflex. "Uh, wasn't that scary? I mean--you jumped off a sort of high place." I asked looking at the roof. She walked over and grabbed an oxygen tank from the hedges at her fence, putting on the nasal cannula in her nose and answered, "Not when you believe~ I'm messing with you! I did it a lot when I was little. I don't need to worry about heights anymore," "I see...so, you have everything?" I asked like I was her dad. She nodded. "I got my phone, keys, headset, and my shades and tank." I smiled and extended an arm to her as I led her to Manager-hyung's car.

"Right now, I'm thinking of us as Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars," I laughed crossing the street looking at the tank. Mi-Ja looked at me funny and asks, "Wait...you've read that sad romance story?" "Not actually 'read', I just heard from the other girls from S.M saying that they've cried while reading that, how 'bout you?" I explained then questions getting the driver's seat. "Yeah, and the ending's just playing sad...not to give any spoilers. Hey, they did say something about making it as a film later on next year," She replied getting in the passenger seat. "Oh yeah? We might see together then next year," I smirked as we both put on the seatbelts. "We'll see..." Was the only thing Mi-Ja said before I put the keys in the ignition.

When we were driving the way the park I told her about: Haneul Park, she sat there. In the passenger seat. Quiet as a rock staring at the sky. For at least a solid 8 minutes. It felt really awkward trying to talk to her, until I gathered the remaining courage I had and spoke, "Sooo, what's with the other accessories?" "Are ya talking about the glasses and oxygen tank?" I didn't mean that, but I just nodded my head anyways. "Sometimes, I just feel like a walking allergy injure figure. When I was born still in the hospital checking for allergies, I had a UV ray infection on my right eye, so it wasn't from genetics. Also, the tank is for my literal allergy for perfume. That was the only thing that always makes me stay as a half-hermit towards everyone who wears it. Especially my mom when I was younger. Perfume= severe breathing problems and rashes due to the god-knows-what chemicals in that fragrance," She explained for at least 5 minutes. Okay, it's now on my top 10's longest explanations ever. "Is there ever gonna be an Epipen® for it?" I questioned.

"I asked the doctor, and they said that they're working on it," She answered.

"Off topic, but you have to wear those sunglasses every day?"

"Yeah, this cursed eye is considered to be the worst part of my body. It's really UV ray and glare sensitive, so I better be careful, or this thing makes my half-blind."

"Well...I don't technically see you as a 'walking allergy injure figure', you seem normal with a few defects. That's a couple reasons why you're special to me," I smiled. Mi-Ja just looked at me funny, (with the eyes still covered by the glasses) and questions, "Do you mean that, or you're just flirting with me?" I just rolled my eyes at her comment, still eyeing the road in case of problems. "I mean it. You're a special friend to me, noona-" "Okay really; you are saying that honorific like it's my actual name. Aren't you a little tired from that?" She spats out. I sighed deeply and replied, "No, I'm not tired of it. Plus, you look older than me. You also said you wanna feel older, so I'm giving you the opportunity." "Okay then, is that the park you told me...without saying the name?" Mi-Ja asks pointing at Haneul Park at the right side where she's at. I nodded and drove to the exit. This birthday's going good as I thought.

To be honest, when I said "legal in America", I had a friend I meet online who was from Mississippi, and she would celebrate adulthood at age 21,si I figured why not?

"There are some experiences in life they haven't invented the right words for." 

― Lisa Kleypas, Married By Morning

Taemin's POV

>at Haneul Park

When we got to the trail of the fields, both of us gazed at the grasslands while walking elbow to elbow. I was carrying her forearm on one hand and the oxygen tank in another; Mi-Ja was grasping her hands on the picnic basket smiling at the meadow, slightly leaning on my shoulder. She looked really...safe and innocent around me. When she was at the hospital, I wasn't there for her. I felt real guilty leaving my friend like that. I want to stay close to her, but...I'm worried of what's going to happen when Mi-Ja's close to me like this. "Hey, Taemin; is this where we're gonna eat at? I mean...I have made some things from my extra time I had- I mean: if you don't mind..." She asks looking at the basket. Wait...she cooked something for us!? God, thank you for letting this girl breathe.... "U-Uh...sure...there might be some available tables for us to eat..." I stammered from my thoughts.

As we walked around looking for a good place to rest a little, I spotted some boulder-sized lounges and we both got a few spots, though we have to share. Around the other people, they just stared at us surprised and curious. A few reasons I thought from that: 1.) I'm a big-shot idol that some/most people know about, that's going out with a normal girl. And 2.) I'm with a girl that has an oxygen tank, UV sunglasses, and a picnic basket thinking that she's blind and disabled.

We just ignored the faces, and opened the woven flaps seeing some neatly made Vietnamese Bahn Mi sandwiches, a first aid kit, and a jacket that looks a bit 4 sizes too large out of her. "You actually packed all of this in 12 minutes?" I asked looking at the sandwich before I took a bite. Mi-Ja smiled (with her still covered eyes) and answered, "Yep; all in just 5 minutes. Looks like a new record to me..." I nearly choked on my food from both the delicious flavor and heart she put in this, and the fact that she said in just 5 minutes. Best. Food. And Birthday. Ever! "You made these sandwiches in just that small amount of time?! You gotta be some kind of master chef or something!" I exclaimed covering my sandwich-filled mouth if she's going to not look at my mouth.

"Nope; that title belongs to my brother and step-dad. They're both chefs and my brother, Richard, would occasionally sign up to compete in Masterchef, which all of us can be proud of him on," She explained taking her bite. I stared at her wide eyed at the thought. Her siblings sign up to television competitions?! Now, that's awesome! "So, did you ever sign up for television stuff?" I asked looking at the lake. She shook her head no. "I never went on TV in life-okay one time..." She confessed. Mi-Ja was on TV? "What was it called?" I asked, and then get this answer, "I played--more likely dressed up as, Nolae...that 'guy' that danced for you? That "guy" that nearly kicked your face on the bridge of the dance?" "Wait...YOU WERE NO-" "Shhh! Yes, I was...and that'll be our secret. And by our, I mean: Me, you, Onew, and Minho, and I think Key figured it out during the process..." She whispered quietly. Right, gotta keep this whole thing quiet!

"Anyways, do you want to go for a walk before we go to the movies?" I asked shyly. Mi-Ja nodded smiling putting away the foil wrapping in the basket, standing up to hold my hand. I never knew that my friend could be such a great but secret dancer. That's my noona...

Mi-Ja's POV

>after Haneul Park

After a long but enjoyable stroll with Taemin sighting the white grass as we walked the paths, we've decided on the movie we were going to watch while getting in the car: Hide 'n' Seek, a 1 hour 40 thriller movie when a guy lives in a luxury apartment then gets a call about his missing brother. What I'm wondering still is the fact that I'm going out with an idol that doesn't have a stealth on himself. I'm about to get my ass kicked; literally.

While still in the passenger seat, I slightly kicked the seat with my calves, looking up at the 4:45 p.m. sky; until my phone vibrated in the basket between my legs. Might be one of the Elliott-Prestons: or just my mom, step-dad, and/or Ni, as I would call E'Niah, my little sister. "Is that your phone or mine?" Tae asks eyes still glued on the road. "If it is, then put it on speaker; I can't pick it up right now," "Well it's not, it might be my mom or my sis," I said sliding my touch screen to answer my call: who was my mom.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mickey, you haven't called me since last week. How are things going?" I heard her sing along voice on the other line.

Yes, she calls me Mickey because of my real name. No, Mi-Ja is not my actual name; it's just a four letter acronym.

"Good, I just came from a park with my friend..." I answered while Taemin slightly smiled looking at me.

"Oooh, what's her name?" She asks.

I put on the speaker telling Tae his actual name. He looks like a girl on the outside, but Jesus...am I the only one who thinks I know Korean common sense?

"It's actually a boy...but nice to meet you Mrs. Song- ow!" Taemin confessed then I hit him on the triceps for saying the wrong surname. 

My mother's an Elliott-Preston, far from my surname.

Song, I have no idea where it came from. Might be my dad's family name, I guess.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Mom apologized laughing a bit. "But my last names are Elliott-Preston, but just call me Ms. Robin."

"My name's Taemin. Nice to meet you...on the phone..." Tae introduces.

"Wait...it sounds like Ramon, only with the 'T' in the beginning?" She asks from the "have to see the Korean names coming" confusion. Taemin said yes anyways.

My name sounds Korean to, ya know mom?!

"Okay, I just want to see what's up...E'Niah said 'hi'" I said hi in the background too. "And play safe, okay Mickey?"

"Okaaaay....MOM, HE'S JUST A FRIEND I MET FOR THREE DAYS ALREADY!!" I yelled loudly in car from the line.

Out of all the things she has to say to my friend, "Play it safe" has gone way to far...

"Okay okay...I'll see you when you try to visit. Bye Taemin, don't try and hurt her-"

"Mom..." I rasped but changed my tone. "Bye..." Then I hung up after that.

"Is that how you talk to your mom while you have a friend?" Tae asks driving up to a theatre-looking place that I can't even understand because of the hangul characters. I just shrugged and said, "Not much, when it's a guy, i.e. my old freshman & sophomore college friend, Derek, was a little uncomfortable of meeting my mom and dad. But he wasn't interested in me like that, I mean...he's gay and loves drag. Not that I don't have a problem with it, I respect gay pride," "Isn't doing it with a guy abnormal?" He asks. I gave him the "are-you-f******-serious?" face and answered. "In America, it's still neutral. Like they're still not sure if they want gay marriage, but I want it!" "Well...you can't get what you want that much sometimes. In any case: welcome to Daehan Theatres! Now let's go or the tickets might get sold out," He said parking the car next to the theatres. "You are not going in there without anything to hide yourself. What if we both get caught?" I pointed out.

TAP...TAP...

"I know how to solve that problem..." A guy said that almost looked like Taemin except for the bridge of his nose....Kai?!

Kai's POV

>At the Theatres

"....so you brought this charming girl on a date for your birthday? You're getting luckier than I expected..." I compliment while getting the tickets to Hide 'n' Seek. "Kai...I'm just hanging out with her. Plus, I've met her for three days, already..." Tae-hyung defended with the disguise I gave him. Typical Taemin. "Uhhh...you do realize I have this headset on, right?" She said pointing out a Bluetooth-looking headset. I was a bit confused about it at first, then I realized, "wait, that thing's like a Korean-to-English headset?" "Yeah, thank the technicians and engineers at my school. I only know the basics and pronunciations in this country. But it is kind of hard finding someone who speaks English," She explained. In my point of view, she looks like the type who knows a lot of languages. "Hey, there's half an hour left until the movie starts, why don't we hang out here?" I requested. I just did that to get used to the girl, yes, I know she has a name, but Taemin-hyung never said it.

".....Okay, so your name's Mi-Ja?" I asked.

"Yep..."

"And you came from the US for your university?"

"Yep..."

"And you have an oxygen tank, why?" I questioned that.

"Hey, you'll never know if there's any perfume or cologne in this place, which I'm allergic to in the first place," Mi-Ja answered while we sat on the benches (with her in between us). She looks really pretty for Taemin-hyung's friend, especially her two eye colors. To me, it's rare seeing that. "So, how come you're here, Kai?" Taemin-hyung asks. "I just wanted to get out of the dorm for a while. But since you're here, I wanted to hang out with my friend," I answered squishing them domino style. (I'm squeezing Mi-Ja overall) "So, I'm considered as-" "My best friend's aien!"

SMACK!

"I'm not sure if I'm rightfully called as an aein; I think I should be called a friend," She said after smacking me upside the head. She looks like Tae-hyung's girlfriend, though, what would I think? "Hey, I think we should go to the snack stand, it's been like 20 minutes," He suggested pointing towards the concessions stand behind us. "Yeah, let's go!" Mi-Ja happily stood up rolling her tank from Taemin-hyung's side. They may not realize it, but they do look like lovers.

"Geez, were any of you guys scared of that guy who came out of nowhere?" I asked nudging Mi-Ja's shoulder. Trust me, she was having slight multiple jump scares while watching the movie, and it was funny! "Not really, it was un-expecting, but it was cool," Mi-Ja said still holding onto Taemin-hyung for support; yet she had to wear the weird sunglasses that her eyes are semi-opaque. "But why'd you fist Kai-ah's nuts?" He asks making me remember that painful memory of what happened at the rated R scene back there.

"Hey, Mi-Ja...do you want me to cover your eyes? I mean...this scene looks a little adult-like..." I asked looking...just looking at "the scene". "I'm okay with looking at it, geez....I'm not 11," She retorted. Ignoring the fact that she said that, I just covered her eyes anyways fighting to look at what's going on. "Dude, stop it!"

PUNCH!

"Aiii~"

"SShhhh....!" The rest of the others said as I disturbed them. She kicked me in the balls, you try feeling that! "Hey Kai-ah, are you alright?" Taemin-hyung asks concerned. I hesitantly nodded my head, anyways despite the pain still in my Netherlands. Thank you for your concern, hyung....but I feel less than just okay after what I just did/felt. "That's what you get for thinking that I seem innocent..." She spat smirking watching the normal scenes again.

"Well, he kept covering my eyes...still; this is for both of you two. If you even think or say that I'm innocent: I will, and I repeat: will kick both your asses to hell. Do you both understand me in English?" She informed sharply tugging both of our hairs. We nodded sharply from the low hair pull. "Off topic, how old are you?" I ask getting to know her better again. "20...wait you're like 19 or something, right?" Mi-Ja asked. I nodded my head and said, "Yep, so I might have to call you, noona..." "See? Kai-ah is mature enough to call you noona..." Taemin-hyung reassured her. Wait what? I'm mature enough? "What do you mean: 'I'm mature enough'?" I question.

"She's never called noona in her university, so I thought I would call her that in secret,"

"Really, you're gonna break your neck and covert some thoughts so you can call her that? Aren't you like 21 now? You're old enough to think that..."

"I know...I know...but she's not getting much respect much. Plus, she looks older than me..."

"How does she look older than you?" I ask the theory Tae-hyung made.

"Look..."

He moved Mi-Ja out of the way right next to him, and started pointing at the facial features of them. (A/N I wasn't counting height; some noonas are shorter than Taemin) I checked closely at the two faces and checked that Mi-Ja has the mature and sharper appearances. She does look older than him!

"Yep, she looks older. I guess that's one of the reasons on why you call her noona," I said. "But, she's gotta reach my height, first~" I teased at her 5' 8" looking stature. I'm 6' to be very honest, and both of them are shorter than me despite our age difference. "I'm sure my little sister is almost near your level," She said looking up. "How tall is she?" I asked.

"She's taller than me like: 5' 10""

"You're that shorter than her-er-er...!" Taemin-hyung slightly laughed looking away from her.

"It's like you both have a pinnacle complex," I chuckled.

"Yeah, we're all in the 5' to 6' range back at my house. My mom's 6', my brother's 6' 1", and my 2nd eldest sister is like around my height," She explained with a dozed off face (with the sunglasses still on). "Also, what's with the glasses? I could barely see your eyes in it," I asked

"My one of my eye's UV and glare sensitive, so it's pretty sh***y to at least have this from birth," she answered. "To be sure, that's just a body flaw that you have?" I ask. She nodded.

"What about like when you need a picture taken?" Hyung asks.

"School pictures I have to wear a hospital patch on my face. As for my baby pictures, the only one I have when I was an infant, was when I was in the hospital with my mom...who for some reason, was still wearing her work uniform. I had to be old enough to get my picture taken if I learn to wink. If I didn't wink, then this damn eye will lose the iris color for a while just with my pupil," She explains. That's got to be tough.

"Hey, isn't the fair gonna start soon? It's already 6:00..." Mi-Ja glanced at the clock behind her. Taemimn-hyung and I looked at each other and like telepathy, we said yes. "As long as we all don't get into trouble..." I said walking towards the exit.

Taemin's POV

> driving to the fair in Seoul Grand Park

"Hey, why didn't you tell me where the fair was at?" Mi-Ja asks while we were driving down to south Seoul. I thought about an excuse for her question, but I got nothing so I kept a straight face shrugging my shoulders. "Is this the first time you've ever been in a fair in this city?" I asked. She nodded. "I see...are you excited?" I smiled bringing the bright side up. She made a fake looking smile on her face and answered weakly, "Yep. I'm happy happy happy!" "Noona, tell me the truth..." I said seriously though I just needed the truth. Mi-Ja sighed deeply and confessed,

"It's not that I don't want to be with you, it's just that you're a big time celebrity, and I'm a normal everyday girl. If we hang out like this, then rumors will plague all over the country, I'm gonna get my ass kicked, and you might have a hard time getting things back on track with your career. I might get death threats from hanging out with you and the rest of SHINee."

"Hmmm....I see. Well, even though that your my new friend, I won't even care if they try to keep us apart. I might even give up S.M. in order to be with you-" "DON'T EVEN TRY TO THINK ABOUT QUITTING S.M.!!!" She yelled audibly in the car.

Even though I've met her for three days, I have never seen her this angry at me. "Sorry," Mi-Ja apologized. "It's just that, an idol giving up their life career is like giving up your own life. I don't want you to give up your dream," she explains. I get that, but even though-never mind. She's going to yell at me again if I make another comeback. "Right.... sorry noona," I said only to make her chuckle.

"What?" I asked. "It's just that....you're really sweet to me even though I've met you," She smiled. Out of all the smiles I've seen, Mi-Ja has the sweetest one I looked at. And I'm saying that as a friendly gesture, that's it!

"Hey, is that the grand park?" She pointed out the blurry colored trees. I slightly glanced at them for a little until I nodded my head. "What is it like there?" She asks leaning towards the view. I thought about it for a little until I remembered, "I think it was somewhere around when I was younger or one of the yunhanam episodes," "The World Date show? I saw that one time with my sister, until she got into a 2nd-3rd stage of jealousy...." She said sounding regretful.

"What happened after?"

"Next thing I'd remembered was that she was chasing me around the place with a kitchen knife in her hand, and boy was she depressed,"

"She chased you with a knife?!"

"Yeah, but she was just both kidding and aggravated..."

"Yeesh, remind me to prepare myself when I visit your place..."

"Don't give Ni a restraining order, or I will not miss the bullet next time,"

I shivered up in fear when I remembered that she nearly killed me by accident. But if she's going to threaten me like that, then I'm gonna have to write down my will... "Sooo, is that how you would call your baby sister?" I asked when she said "Ni". "Yeah, some people would mispronounce her name like a short 'i' sound, but I would call her that because I couldn't say her name right when she was born," She answered. I don't know if I could pronounce her name right, but it might sound pretty once I know her real name. "So, we're here!"

> At the park 

"Well, since we're here, I'm gonna check out the other rides they have for the fair. You coming with?" Kai asked pointing at the rocking boat. I slightly looked at Mi-Ja (who was on my arm), and she nodded frantically. "Wait, you have that thing on you, I'm not sure if they would-" "I used this in case of a perfume smell. I'm alright with rides and stuff, I just need to set out down somewhere," She cut me off. Right, got to remember that. After that, Kai left us in three seconds flat.

"Hey, is it okay if we could walk around? I mean--I want to try the rides, but I'm worried of your disguise falling off," She asked explaining why. I thought about it for a second until I nodded. Mi-Ja really does care for people, huh?

Mi-Ja's POV

We both walked around the trail near the lake. (A/N Please tell me there is one...) I still held onto Taemin, which I like to for some reason. I don't really mind holding someone like this. As long as I'm with a friend that I could trust, then I could be close to them like this. As for Tae...I don't know why I want to be this close to him. I mean...he's a celebrity. I don't want to get him killed by the many girls out there if he's with me. "Hey," Tae interrupted my thoughts, "I was just wondering of what happened on the phone. Why did your mom call you, Mickey?" "Well....let's just say this: 'Mi-Ja is not technically my real name. It's much longer than that..." I said thinking of the birth of my unique but long name. How did my mom not decide on one thing? "How long is it, like 13 letters?" He asks. I gave the 'bruh' face, and said, "Boy, it's more than just a 13 letter name. Well...it's actually 11 altogether, but let's just keep it short and sweet..."

"Okay....but to be honest......how can I put this delicately....this is actually my first hangout with someone that actually is close to me...literally," He said hangdog. Wait, why does he look guilty? "What do you mean?" I asked. "Well...there was this girl that I liked, and I was dating her a little...but that was since I was like 11!" he confessed covering his neck-up-and-down area. Okay....? So what's the catch? "Are you really gonna think that I'm jealous of that?" I smirked at his cowardly side. Until he said, "What if I told you that I have a-" "Crush on Emma Watson? Dude, I ain't stupid, we all know that. Is this trying to make me feel green-eyed? Because it's not working..." I slightly narrowed my eyebrows at his attempts. Taemin sighed exasperatedly in the air and said loudly, "It's not that I'm making you jealous, I'm just saying this because-"

"Wait, is that Lee Taemin?!" A girl from behind us shouted. Oh f-k no! Not on his birthday, please! "Yeah, and who is he with? Is that a girl?!" Another questioned about me being next to him. Oh god, why am I the victim of everything?! Just why-"Let me carry you if you want to live!" Taemin shouted carrying me with one arm and my oxygen tank in another. If it's the one way ticket out of hell, then I'm first in line!

Taemin couldn't stop for at least a minute running away from the angry mob, not even when he was out of breath. Just stammering around the pavement not trying to bump into anybody. Trying to carry me and my oxygen tank despite the altogether heaviness. Somehow, I just hate myself by letting him suffer like this. I should be the one who's running away from the multitude, not him! "Just hold up, I need to get Kai-"

OOMPH!

I was dropped from Taemin's clutches as he bumped into someone and plummeted me and my tank to the ground. I couldn't stand up...my legs feel heavy like dumbbells...I couldn't face the others like this...I could barely breathe since my nasal cannula is nearly off my face. I can't do anything! I hate this body! "Mi-Ja! Mi-Ja!!!" I heard Taemin's voice from the hoard as I was kicked in the face, hearing the many complaints of the fans. "You f---ing b****! What were you doing with him?!" "F---ing slut! You don't deserve him!" "You useless piece of s-t!" "Just because you're helpless, doesn't mean you should be with him!"

I did nothing but cover the right side of my forehead from the beatings...this dent that nearly left me dead...right at my 2nd year graduation....now I can't breathe at all...the sickly scent of the perfume all around the girls was clogging my nostrils. Next I know, is that my spine is getting rashes all over the place. I can't even gasp for air from the dirt they're kicking at me. Mom......what reason was born for in the first place? Everyone is against me now...please help me...

"Geuman!" I heard the familiar voice behind me before I started to hack up blood. The 3rd stage before I die from an allergy attack. "Eww...she's coughing blood!" Everyone back up from me a little screaming and yelling a little. I felt someone carry me so I'm on my back...I only saw a familiar European face with jet black hair before I blacked out...Derek...he's finally here...

Kai's POV

I rushed off of one of the rides seeing a crowd of fans backing up of a familiar figure...a dark-skinned looking one...Mi-Ja!!! "Kai, dowa!!!" (Help me) I heard Taemin-hyung's voice within the screeches. I speedily ran up to the crowd shoving myself in to get him by the wrist. "Hold on!" I said finding my way out by force. "Gamsahabnida---Mi-Ja!!!" Hyung thanked me then ran to noona's stilled body.

"1-2-3!" A man said doing CPR to her half-dead body. We just stared at him trying to revive Mi-Ja's body. "No...it's all my fault..." I heard Taemin-hyung say regretfully stepping once towards the two. I should be the second to blame. I wasn't there for both of them, just having fun not knowing what was happening. "There, she's starting to revive..." The man said putting on the cannula in her nose. The other girls had left after the beatings. Some just stayed there regretting what happened. "Are you two with Mi-Ja?" He said walking towards us. We both nodded until I questioned, "How do you know noona?" "I'm just an old friend of hers walking by...you should probably carry her back to the car. And tell her: someone saved her life once again..." He said walking away. I turned around noticing Taemin-hyung carrying Mi-Ja-noona in his one arm. He really is a help for her...I'm glad he found someone...

Taemin's POV

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" I ask Kai setting Mi-Ja in the passenger seat with the oxygen tank by her side. "I'm okay, hyung. It's just a drive back in at least 15 minutes or so...depends on traffic," He reassured scratching the back his head. I bit the bottom of my lip and just nodded anyways. "Alright, thanks for hanging out with us," I thanked him. "No problem, and happy birthday Hyung," He said as he closed the driver's seat car. I smiled at him before he drove off leaving me walking towards my driver's seat.

The ride back was quiet...the only thing that kept me on my mind was seeing noona nearly getting killed by the mob. Now she's all beat up and unconscious because of me. I should really be more careful when I'm with her next time. "Mi-Ja..." I said to her sleepy self, "I'll be more careful next time. I'm so sorry..." "...next time, okay...?" I saw her sweet smile once more when she woke up. I chuckled back seeing her back to her normal.

Mi-Ja's POV

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOURSELF!? DID SOMEONE BEAT YOU UP?!" Key shouted turning my head in the many directions possible until I cringed a little at the pain. He backed up to be with the other guys. I'll explain what happed after the incident: Tae was healing me for a little until he asked me to keep his birthday party and spend the night at my place since it looks "party-able". I said, "why not?" Until the others came by with the many foods possible setting it on the dining table in the living room along with a cake. That's when this happened.

"I just got beat up, that's all," I answered remembering the insults the girls said to me. It wasn't the first time I was like this. There was the high school to Monmouth University. The graduation was worse part of my bullying. "You're really getting beat up all over...even though you're getting used to this place..." Jonghyun said walking up to touch my bruised face, that was terribly purplish-black that mixed with my dark skin. "Yeah, at least get like a bodyguard or something..." Onew said standing up from one of the chairs near the kitchen window. (A/N It ain't just the couch) I just sighed thinking of who should be my bodyguard. I know it is not gonna be Minho. He has an athletic body, as what I and other fans say (*cough* sexy body *cough*), but no. "Regardless, you survived the angry mob. That's what we're proud of," Minho assured cupping my cheeks with his thumbs. I just grinned and slightly shook him off my face. Maybe, I should be with them a little while longer. I mean-they're like my trustful (and not blood related) brothers that I never had. Not always wanted since I first known them, but never had.

"But tonight, let's have some fun! It's Taemin's birthday right? So, let's give him a great time here!" I smiled jumping off my seat happily showing the bright side. It was silent at first, but then the boys went with it. Looks like I have a new family that cares for me...but today was one hell of a birthday for Taemin.

"Was it you or I who stumbled first? It does not matter. The one of us who finds the strength to get up first, must help the other." 

― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration

Onew's POV

7/20/13 9 p.m.

After the road trip we took yesterday for Mi-Ja as a thank you, we've all (the boys) went back to the dorms from an exhausting day in the company. "I wonder what Mi-Ja's doing now. We haven't seen her all day," Jonghyun-ah said walking towards the recliner, which is his favorite seat in the world. (A/N It's not really) "Yeah, she hasn't called us for even a minute. Even when we had breaks," Key-ah replied. I was worried also. When I tried to call her, she never answered. I left her 3 voicemails and she still never responded.

"Should we see if she's in her house?" Taemin-ah suggested looking at me. I thought about it for little thinking that she might have either left somewhere or she doesn't want to be disturbed. I fully blew out the air out of my mouth and went with Taemin's option: run over to her house and see what's up. "Yeah, she's our little sister. We can't just sit here and not know what's wrong," Minho-ah declared. I agree. We all stood up and grabbed our shoes to see if Mi-Ja is in her house or not.

We were all at her doorstep seeing dim lighting in the living room. Just thinking that she might have left without turning it off, or she's sitting there doing absolutely nothing. "Well, hyung; it's now or never," Key-ah said. I slightly knocked on the door a couple times, and then waited for an answer. "...I'm coming..." We heard a slight feminine voice inside the house. We all knew it was her, so we've waited for a few more seconds.

Creeeek....

"Hey guys..." She said to us weakly. Is she not feeling good? Was she in trouble? "What's wrong, Mi-Ja? You look pale," Minho-ah asks placing a hand on her forehead. She stood silent staring at the ground until she offered us to come back in house. "...come in. I have something to tell you guys," She said lowly. She hasn't been this sad for the past four days. What's wrong with her?

We all came in seeing an open and still-packing suitcase on the carpet. I thought for moment thinking that she was either moving or seeing someone. I stared back at Mi-Ja, who was looking down at her suitcase. Don't tell me she is moving... All five us sat down on the couch, chairs, and floor waiting for her explanation she was telling us. "It's really important and I may cry a little, but..." She sat down near us then explained what was going on.

"I got a call from my mom back at the US. My grandmother...who currently still has esophagus cancer and it's eating her body, is at the nursing center being taken care of before her last day. And I need to go back to New Jersey to see her again. I would've told you guys while you were rehearsing and recording...but it was too sad to even call back Onew's voicemails he gave me to say what's going on. So, to not worry you guys, I was about to leave by tomorrow morning at 6 and leave you a text saying that I will be gone for a week or two....but I was too scared to go back without saying a proper goodbye to you guys..."

Taemin's POV

Right...I remembered the first day that we've met...that she had a really sick relative in the United States saying that she was too aged to fight it out. "...it's too hard...saying goodbye, you know..." She broke down with tears in her face. Being the nice person I was at times like this, I scooted over to her and hugged her to calm down.

"Yeah, it is hard saying goodbye...but there are some things we have to accept into saying it, even when you're too afraid to let it out," Key-hyung said. Yeah, he had his aging grandmother that we've called and he cried his eyes out. She's not dead...yet... (A/N I forgot when that happened)

"Well...if you're afraid to say goodbye to us, we can go with you to see your grandmother. Just to see what her granddaughter's up to before her death," Jonghyun-hyung recommended. I let go of Mi-Ja for a minute as she calmed down saying, "I don't know...it seems a bit risky." "Whatever the risk is, we'll take it together," Minho-hyung replied. I all agreed with them, I wanted to know what Mrs. Banks looks like in person, especially her family that she keeps talking about. "But what about all the schedules that you guys have?" She defended. It was my turn come-backed this time, "Even if it holds back our new album that's coming up, we still want to support you and your family. You're like a little sister to us, and we don't want to see you cry over a lost relative. No matter what, we're all friends and they stick up for each other no matter what. So...what do you say?"

"Sure...you guys are like my brothers too anyways..." Mi-Ja finally agreed. We've all smiled and high-five one another at our victory. "But," She stopped then informed us, "We have to be at the airport at 6 a.m. since it's a 14 hour flight from here to New York, then take a 15 minute subway ride to the Newark Station. So we have to wake up at 4:30 in case if we need to get some things left for ourselves and get ready. If I get up before you, then I could wake you guys up...or vice versa if necessary," "Yes, sir!" We all said until we've said the wrong thing. "We mean ma'am..." Onew-hyung corrected us. "Pft...it's okay. Thank you for wanting to come with me...but shouldn't you talk this over to Mr.Choi? And no, I did not mean Minho..."

"Riiiight....." We all said remembering we have to talk to the manager about the arrangements we've made. I am not so sure about this one.

"...No, you all have enough delays this week being with your new friend, but you boys have schedules too to take care of. You can't just make arrangements by going overseas to the US for over a week without telling me first." Of course, we have to hear this. Not like we are forced to hear it, but yeah...think of your old scolding Social Studies teacher from junior high. (A/N Just making a point, I'm not talking about mine, but we have those teachers...) Then Key-hyung persuaded, "Look, we know we've made a few last minute plans, but we're doing this for her. I mean, she has a dying relative and she got beat up on her date-" "Hang out!" I cut him off. "...Whatever, Minnie...but this is really important to Mi-Ja. She needs to see her grandmother before she dies," "Every human on this earth dies every day, plus you have an upcoming album within the next few months," Manager-hyung snaps at us. Is he really that heartless?! "Please, hyung...Mi-Ja's like a little sister to us, and we can't let her down," Minho-hyung defended. Then more denial, "Sister or not, you can't just make up your own plans like this. You five are idols and you're fully grown up. You should know better than this-"

SMACK!

"Listen!!!" I hollered. Everything was quiet...even the others were quiet...especially Manager-hyung when I smacked him in the face. God knows I will be in serious trouble. "Look...we may have some other plans and our album may be postponed...but that doesn't mean we can't help a friend out in need. Just because we're idols, it does not mean we just do nothing but do songs and accurately keep track at our schedule, we're human too. And we might not be living in America, but we have a free-will to do something. And if you still don't want us to go...then we're just gonna do it anyways to get us fired..." I protested.

Okay, never in my life (A/N Maybe he did one time, I don't know) have I ever talked back to any adult like this just so we can go to a funeral. But Mi-Ja is our friend and we should be supportive to her. Even if it tries to put us into career jeopardy, we need to be with her. "....ugh, I can't believe I'm saying this from all of your excuses, but...." Manager-hyung spitted out from 3 minutes of silence.

Mi-Ja's POV

It's been at least half-an-hour since the boys have to talk to Mr. Choi. I know they were trying to be helping out for me, but this is just too extreme for them to be doing this. They might lose their one and only careers because of me. And I don't want to see anyone give up anything for me, it's too much. I should probably tell them that I'm okay by going in without them.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Okay, speak of the devil.... I guess? "Hello?" I asked opening the door seeing Mr. Choi and the other boys smiling widely at me. They actually let him agree to this whole thing?! "Song-ssi, we had a serious talk about this, and Taemin once again convinced me with the bruise that he gave me," He spoke while I kept staring at his left cheek all red. Did he really have to stick up to me like that?! "...SHINee will be attending your grandmother's funeral, but I'm coming with you in case of any fans nearby. Also, please talk to me first when you have arrangements, miss," He said. I smiled ear-to-ear and bowed 90° towards the man. "Thank you guys, and don't worry about the fans, my neighborhood which is in the outskirts of town, don't really recognize K-Pop that much: just Rap, R&B, Hip-Hop, and Brit-Pop," I said.

"Also a simple you're welcome to your "best" friend for helping out," Taemin pointed out while hugging me tightly. Right, he, once again, convinced his own manager to do something for me. I won't blame him, though.

But here I come grandmother...off to see you before your last breath...let's hope I'm not too late.

#Girl Power

"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will." 

― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

7/21/13 in Korea

Jonghyun's POV

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzz....."

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"YAH!" I heard Taemin-ah whine, "Can you put that on snooze for a little, jebal?" "Ani (no), we've promised that we help Mi-Ja for the trip, remember?" I asked his stirred figure setting the phone alarm off. 6:00 for a trip I could understand. But not 4:30 for a 14 hours and 15 minute travel to the US. "Right, got to....do it for...Mi-Ja's grandmother," Taemin-ah said slumping off of his bed. "Besides, it can't be that long to go to the US. Remember the LA trip we've went to?" "Yeah, and no," He did had a point though. The trip we've had a few years back, might be from the first or second album, we've went to LA, California. But it took us 12 hours. Sure it's almost the exact same time, but not for a few extra times.

"Should we wake the others up?" He asks. I thought for a minute, but I glanced at the clock: 3:05 a.m. So I shook my head no and said, "Give them a couple more minutes." I didn't feel like waking up at all despite the other times I've did. But, if it's for a cause for a friend, then I will accept it...even if it kills me of sleep deprivation. "Should we see if Mi-Ja's awake?" He asks me again packing up some clothes for the 10 day trip. I hesitated to even walk towards the phone, until I finally gave in, and call her anyways...on Taemin-ah's phone since I keep forgetting to put her number in mine. Somehow, I'm turning into him... "okay...945-xxx-xxxx...let's see if she's answers..."

"Hmmm....hello?" I hear her on the other line. She sounds extra sleepier than us...

"Yeoboseyo, Mi-Ja-"

"Who's this?" She asks surprised. Doesn't she recognize my voice by now?

"Jonghyun, did you ju-"

"Okay, Jjong...let me get my headset because both of us know you're terrible at English," (A/N Served!) Did she really have to say it?! Even on speaker? "Pft...hyung can't speak English," Tae-ah snickers. Like any embarrassed person I was, I glared at him yelling in Korean, "Dagchyeo ! Jeog-eodo naneun geunyeoga jeog-eodo gobaeg i misug anieyo! Jeongmal, gakkeum namja dabge ..." 

"HEY!" We both cringed at Mi-Ja's voice-raising. Maybe she might have heard us while I didn't press mute or she had the translator in her ear during that.

"In case if you haven't known, it's like 3:13 in the morning and I don't want any noise at this time of night..." "Neither do I..." I flinched hearing Key-ah in at the door. Can this night get any worse?

"Anyways, do you want us to get ready before about 5:30? I could watch the others if you want," He requested in English. Chicken scratch that...it just did.

"No, but you too should get ready, because I am not wasting my $789 and 4 hours of sleep for a delay! Does anyone in that god damn dorm understand me!? Or do I have to storm in there with a match and whip?!" She told all of us harshly. We all said yes in the most comfortable way of saying it in English. Hearing her way early in the morning is more likely another way of letting hell break loose in her.

"Good; tell everyone that they should be ready until 4:45, because here to the airport takes like half an hour," She commands.

"Sir!" We all said the same thing...again, said the wrong honorific...

"Ma'am," I corrected.

"Of course...see you at my house,"

"Kay!" Tae-ah yelled running towards the shower before I hung up. She's determined all right...

4:15 a.m.

"Okay...so does everyone have their things? 'Cause we are not coming back until the 10 days are up," Manager-hyung checked our (as many as so-called-God can count) bags that we've carried to the van. We've all checked twice for our clothes, phones, laptops, chargers, hygiene products, you name 'em more than Santa Claus does on his lists. At the garage, we saw a figure with a luggage and an oversized bag on her shoulder. It has to be Mi-Ja.

"Hey..." She yawns. She looks tired than us, by at least a few hours. "Hey, ready for the trip?" Onew-hyung asks. "Yeah, thanks for helping me out. You're *yawns* the best," She smiles nearly falling. Yep, she's tired all right.... "So, we've already killed about five minutes, let's get the stuff in, and let's go..." Manager-hyung said. We all complied and put in Mi-Ja's bags in the trunk, getting in the van hurriedly, so Mi-Ja won't complain about a trip delay.

The whole car trip to Incheon Airport was a snooze fest. Most of us (about 4.5/6 of us excluding Manager-hyung) fell asleep when we were on the road. Mi-Ja somehow was doing a sleep pattern. Sleep, then awake, then back to sleep again, then wakes up. Since she was already asleep on my arm since I'm in a window seat and her and Taemin-ah were next to me, I've decided to small talk her; which wasn't a great idea at all, in the history of time. Her head snapped back then sent a sharp glare at me. Rule #1: Never mess with a black girl who is not a morning person. (A/N You should take these notes too)

"What..." She rasped. I calmed down for a minute until I asked her, "It's just that...what happened after the call your mom sent you?" "...I went to the hospital and checked in with my friend who is a brain surgeon. I asked him to see if my Epipen© was ready. Then he told me that...I my allergy for perfume wasn't actually an allergy. It was just asthma...but I have the side effects for allergic rections. He just gave me an inhaler, but might make an injection later on in the next five months," She explains. So it wasn't allergies. I knew something was suspicious...

"Jonghyun," She called. I turned back at her. "Can I lie on your lap?" She asks. I slightly looked at her funny and questioned, "Why not lie on Tae's?" "It's too far~" She whines. I slightly pouted at her until I gave in and lowered her head on my lap, which she snuggled on until we got to the airport. She really is a "sister" to eye on. Even on certain things. But...Taemin-ah is right...Mi-Ja is a really caring person to hold on to, even when to her relatives. Which he told me when we were in the car since The Day of the Hospital...I think. For now, let's hope that we get to the plane on time....for Mi-Ja's grandmother...

Key's POV

"C'mon, hurry up! Traffic already killed us like ten minutes!" Mi-Ja yelled running towards the ticket counter. For Christ's sake, there was a tiny bit of traffic because of a burning car that left us off track. Pft, saying that I'm the nagging mom, look at her! It is 5:00 and she's pushing us on an hour left plane. Well, it's just to get in front of the line, but not drag our asses in here!

"For a girl who's seeing a dying relative, she's killing us to get to the US," Onew-hyung whispered. I shook my head in complete agreement. It's just a dying person- I'm starting to sound like Manger-hyung right now... "Yeah, but she's our friend. We have to encourage her, no matter if she's not a morning person," Jjong-hyung defended. Then I come-backed, "Uh-huh, but weren't you the one who put us in this satanic situation?" "Yeah, but you'll regret saying that later on..." "'ey, boys!" We all looked at Mi-Ja who was walking towards us with tickets in her hands. "Good thing I ordered this the day before last night...now let's go to the metal detector before we put our stuff in the baggage claim. Any other bags you want to keep with you, stays by your side, got me?" She ordered us. Please tell me this isn't a part of Taemin-ah's sick enjoyment... "Yes, ma'am!" We all finally said the right honorific. She smiled and walked past us.

"Oh, yeah...why did you have to bring your disguises with you?" She asks us. All of us were wearing hats, dust masks, and sunglasses. Well, what else do we do, get crowed with a bunch of girls in our faces? Then Manager-hyung answered, "Because, since all five of them are idols, we need to hide them from fans. If we're not lucky, then our plans will be delayed. Do you want your plan to be delayed?" "Nope," She retorted speed walking towards the metal detector. There goes Queen Ratchet...

Minho's POV

"Okay...is that the last bag?" She asks putting her luggage on the conveyor belt of the baggage claim. I looked around to see most of us with just our "take-with-us-to-the-plane" bags and nodded. Then I looked her bag, which seemed real big (like the size of my whole arm). "What?" She asks. I snapped out of my daze and ask, "Uh, i-it's just that....do you want me to carry that for you?" "...It's too heavy," She said. I just chuckled at her defending of not letting me burden her stuff, and carried her...

HMPH!

...4 kilogramed (10 pounds) bag?! "I told you it was heavy..." She retorted. Damn right, it's heavier than our bags combined! "...what the hell is in this?" I asked heaving it on my shoulder. She answered calmly, "My SurfacePro©, phone, chargers, notebook, pencils, and the many blankets you might need if you're cold." "That's gotta be a little bit li-"

OOMPH!

"You were saying, Minnie?" I ask while he carried the heavy bag. "Oh, we have like half an hour left before the boarding. I'll be in at the line so we can be in front. If anyone has to get anything to eat or use the bathroom, now's the time, okay?" Mi-Ja informs picking up her bag from Taemin-ah's shoulder. We all nodded and splitted up; Key-hyung and Onew-hyung went somewhere around the bathroom area. Jonghyun-hyung and Taemin-ah went to the food courts, leaving Mi-Ja and Manager-hyung with me to go to the line to the JFK Airport.

"Hey, Mi-Ja?" I ask while we were waiting in the lounge. She looked at me and gave me a questioned look, "What was your grandmother like?" "She was a creative doll maker, but she makes African-styled dolls. But she was also generous around me and my family. When I was little, I would always like both Asian and African stuff. Plus I would sing to Korean lullabies a lot when I was around nine, so she was the first who would understand me and my interests. But unfortunately, I stopped singing the lullaby because my mom and I would always fight bacuase I have to sing African-American songs. I'm both those races too ya know? Then I never want to sing in front of my mom, but just my grandmother..." She explains. "Wait...your mom was always the bad guy when you sing?" I ask. She shook her head, "She's not a bad person-well...when she puts perfume in my nose when she sprits it all over herself and I get asthma-allergy attacks. When you get to know her better, she's a good person to be with," A nice person...can't wait to meet her.

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!!!" What the?! "THIS IS A HIJACK, ON THE FLOOR NOW!!" Wait, is this a terrorist attack?! "Get down, Minho..." Mi-Ja whispers to me getting down with her hands on the back of her head. I immediately obeyed and went down on the floor. I carefully glanced at the three activists with guns and grenades in their hands. Key-hyung was right! We really should've stayed home!

Mi-Ja's POV

"I want no one making any funny moves or being a hero! Just stay down, and no one gets hurt!" One of them said. I remember the day....the day when that all happened....they killed her. ..Jada... "You b****..." I scowled. Two of them looked at where I was at. "Well, look here Patlama. We've got a hero..." One of them smirked. I growled then, as the stupid but arrogant person I was, I just ran in and attacked so-called-Patlama. "Mi-Ja!!" I heard Jonghyun at the other side. I ignored it then aim for the left eyeball. "AAAAHHH!! Sen Orospu!" He screamed in pain as I carried around his bloody eyeball.

BANG!

"MI-JA!!" I heard Onew's voice from the open shot. Thank god, he's a bad shooter, he killed the other terrorist! I could just laugh at the stupidity right now! (A/N Sadist...) "Ne yapıyorsun?! Öldür onu! (What are you doing?! Kill her!)" Patlama yelled. I could just throw up on this... "Too slow!" I smiled running towards the other side of him. "Why you-"

BANG!

"Patlama!" The other yelled as he firsed the shot at his chest. Thank Jesus that he was a barrier... "Now... with you," I scowled walking towards the last remaining terrorist. "Hareket etmeyin! Ben vururum! (Don't move! I'll shoot!)" He pleaded. Like I ever give a damn about this b****... "Don't worry...you'll be with you team later once I kill you..." I said.

BANG!

"...heh..." I scoffed as I blocked the shot with the leader's eyeball. He stood there speechless. I was in front of him, face-to-face. Then I opened his mouth to let him bite the eyeball. I spoke in his language, "Cehennemde eğlenin , orospu.." I smiled grabbing his one-bullet filled gun and shot his frontal lobe area, splitting the eyeball in half.

I stared around the lounge, everyone stood there in shock. Others just stood up thanking me while clapping. I smiled and looked at the other boys who were at the other side of the scene. "Guys, come on! We're about to miss the flight if we're gonna stand here!" I shouted.

Jonghyun's POV

"We're about to miss the flight!" Mi-Ja yelled across from the lounge. The rest of us got back up from the floor as I just stared at her. I guess she was a karate sadist after all. "Hyung, let's go!" Minho-ah shouted, snapping me out. What the hell just happened?! I saw the light five minutes ago, then Superwoman came out of nowhere......I don't care, I'm getting in the plane, not matter what happens.

Taemin's POV

"...Then you just swooped in and let the guy get shot, that was awesome!" I told my best part while we were in the first class part of the plane. "I know, we were there ten minutes ago,Tae," Mi-Ja smiled at me. Why wouldn't I recite the whole thing? It was awesome...though it nearly cost us our lives. She's like a smooth criminal, no pun intended. "Thanks again for saving us, Song-ssi. We do owe you great repayment," Manager-hyung thanked her. Who wouldn't?! "You've just repaid me:" She said, "for coming with me to the US. And it's anything for my five in a half brothers." "Five and a half?" Key-hyung questions. "Yep, Tae's like a...sister/brother to me," She laughs. Really?! I'm a sister/brother to her?! "No, I'm considered as a manly brother..." I defended.

"Cute and lovable sister/brother," She grins.

"Manly,"

"Lovable,"

"Manly,"

Lovable,"

"How 'bout grateful?" I suggested. She shrugs her shoulders and pets my hair. (A/N They're beside each other)

"But thanks for putting us in first class, though," Onew-hyung said. I agree, the place looks like an air hotel. "Yeah, the website gave me a good discount for first class. It was worth it anyways..." She says lying back then got back up,

"Oh right, sorry for pushing you guys to the limit," Then Minho-hyung came up, "Don't sweat the small stuff. You just wanted to go to the funeral, that's all. Besides," We walked towards her, "You're our sister, right? So siblings must stick together," "...yeah, you guys are really making me cry right now," She smiles starting to tear up again. That's our sister...

Too dramatic, I know. But this my book, not yours. 

"Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there any more." 

― Robin Hobb, Fool's Fate

E'Niah's POV

7/21/14 12:45 p.m. in US

Ugh, how many days left?! There's literally a private school in July? I'm a new transfer student going to the 6th grade from the Asbury Park Middle School, and guess what? I'm creeping people out! Especially the other students that I recognize and remember since Bradley Elementary School....I don't know what's wrong with me...

But I miss my old friends back in the middle school. I miss Ana, who is addicted to Soul Eater, Kingdom Hearts, and Naruto because of me. Ashley, my old, athletic, werewolf loving friend from the after school program, and we get along well. And Eddeja, who her and I had a fight that was misunderstood throughout three months, and is reaching for the stars in St Rose high when she graduates.

I don't know, it's my first month of Sisters Academy and things aren't going so well. Not even the homework...but sometimes...I miss Mickey. She was my friend that actually lives in my house. The only sibling in the house that completely understands me. I even got addicted to K-Pop and SHINee because of her, and it was worth it!

Let's hope grandmother's okay, she's really getting sicker than usual. We even have to hear her suffer in the nursing home; good thing I had my MP3 and sketchbook with me...I don't know what I'd do without them. But...just hearing her cry just makes mom and I real sad. Let's hope she can live a while longer.

BBMMM.... BBMMM...

"Hey, who's calling mom?" I saw mom's phone vibrating on the beige couch in the living room. As a curious person I was when it comes to mom's phone ringing and she's not there so I have to call her over, I checked on the ID saying: Michaela. It's her!! After three months, she's finally calling us! Not keeping her waiting, I just swiped the screen on mom's phone, and answer for her.

"Mickey?"

"Oh, hey Ni, it's been a while. Where's mom, is she with you?" She asks.

"She's taking a shower; how's Korea treatin' ya?"

"Good, a few friends I've met. Actually, I'm heading back to the US in about five more hours,"

I nearly dropped the phone at what she said. She's finally coming back to the US?! In five hours?! Oh my god, I can't wait 'till she walks back here.

"So...who are you bringing?" I ask calming down.

"It's a surprise...but they want to thank you a little..." She answered.

"For what?"

"Wait until I get there, okay?"

"Hmmm! Okay..." I gave in...

"Okay, tell mom I'm coming home in a while, kay?"

"Kay, bye..."

"Bye..." She hung up before I did.

"E'Niah, who were you talking to?" Mom asks me from upstairs. She's a real quick shower person, huh? I answered, "Mickey's coming back in a few more hours. Maybe she wants to see grandmother, I think?" "Oh, I haven't seen her since she moved out. But, you gotta clean your room," She retorted. I sighed and said yes anyways. I'm sure that most of the girls her in America doesn't technically clean their room often. I'm not the only one too mom!

Mi-Ja's POV

"Why didn't you let us talk to her?" Key asks waking up. I just shoulder-shrugged and said, "It's best to let her have the surprise. Besides, I like surprising people..." "Like when I was about to wake up and you looked like you came out of a Ju-On movie?" Onew pointed out. I was bored and everyone was asleep, what would I do? I just nodded anyways. Then Tae came back to life once more, "Hey, we should've gotten the film crew with us-" "No," I cut him off seriously.

"Why not?" He asks.

"Would you ever want the paparazzo to come at your front door and ask questions about something so personal, you want to shame yourself?" I question.

"No way,"

"Exactly, and I'm glad you didn't bring them with us" I said, then I brought this up, "...in fact, they can be so damn stupid, sometimes. They would even try to take their own balls and try to take the risk for one silly little clip,"

"Yeah, but they're just doing their job, that's all..." Minho points out. I tilted my head in agreement.

"Hey, is this the mid-US?" Tae asks me looking at the window. "It looks really pretty...there's lots of grassland there," I nodded checking out the...what the hell is forming in the sky? The clouds are spiraling a little coming down to Earth like a funnel. It looks like a......tornado?!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please buckle up your seatbelts. The trip may be a bit bumpy and loud due to natural weather storms. If you are in the aisle, please take a seat. I repeat; if you are in the isle, please take a seat. Thank you." The intercom said. I am not dying like this on a plane...not like what Jada experienced! "Just hold on tightly-" "WE'RE GONNA DIE, AND YOU'RE TELLING US TO HOLD ON?!" I yelled at Onew. Jonghyun just skipped to my side so I was in the middle.

"Just calm down, and breathe calmly," He tries to reassure me. Do I look like I should be a birthmother?! No, I'm still 20, and I don't need to be treated like this at a dangerous time! "Do I LOOK LIKE A PREGNANT WOMAN HERE?! GET OFF!!" "Not until you calm down, even Key-hyung is panicking worse than you ya know, and he's scared of heights since we took flight," Taemin tightens his grip on my wrist. Right, Key was breathing his ass off since the plane was clear to fly. Now he gets the attention?! I snapped back at him and said, "WELL I'M SCARED OF DYING, SO NOW WE'RE F---ING EVE-"

BOOM!

I got flung out of my seat as the plane went to a sonic boom. I hit the back of the chair in front of me...except that it was the dented side of my head. Next I knew before we even get out of the tornado path, I blacked out like right there. All limp...I couldn't even speak...my eyes even rolled in the back of my head. More than my eye flaw, this dented skull is the worst part of my body...I hate it...I just hate it...

Taemin's POV

"MI-JA!!" I cried when I tried to wake her up. I couldn't even shake her conscience, even with the plane quake. She can't be dead! Not like this! "Mi-s**t! Taemin-ah, is she breathing?" Key-hyung asks me getting to where I was despite the directions. I quickly checked her pulse, feeling that she was okay despite the slow beats. I nodded. "Sir, you need to take a seat!" The flight attendant said to hyung. Then an argument happened saying that he was seeing to see if Mi-Ja was alive or not. I was worrying if I'm going to be alive or not. The plane feels like it's about to break apart. Please let this be over....

".....Ladies and gentlemen, after a few complications, we are ready to land in about five minutes. We apologize for the delay." I woke up to hear the intercom. Am I alive or I'm just hearing things? "Taemin-ah, are you alive?" I heard Onew-hyung near my face. I don't know, am I alive or not? I tried to open my eyes anyways and saw that everyone (thing) was okay. Though there were a few broken things. Then I looked down seeing a still alive but unconscious Mi-Ja on my lap. Good, we're not dead. "Taemin, are you okay?" Key-hyung asks me shaking my shoulders around. "Ne, I'm awake!" I yelled pushing him off. I don't want to drop Mi-Ja so she can get more injured. I placed her on my lap so I could carry her when we get off of the plane. The awful thing is: I'm horribly feeling red on my face because of the position. (A/N Bridal style) "Tae-ah, save it for the wedding, not the funeral," Jonghyun-hyung retorts. Blah, blah, blah....

>At the JFK airport

"Does anyone need the bathroom before we go to the subway?" Manager-hyung asks us when we got off of the plane. Some of us nodded and left to the restroom. I still carried Mi-Ja on my back as she was still....somewhere. I still felt awful that she was unconscious from the tornado storm. And I don't remember that it was tornado season for the US. I just sighed and set on one of the chairs in the lounge. Just thinking that I promised her that I'll be more careful of what she's doing, I felt like I broke it to pieces. I don't know if I'm worthy enough to be with her since I li-- I'm just her friend!! Why. Do. I. Keep. Saying. That!? "...Did we make it?" I heard Mi-Ja's voice next to me. Are chairs some kind of reanimate device? When I put her in some random chair, she walks up. "Taemin?" She calls me. I turned around to see her normal self. I smiled leaning her to give her a (friendly) kiss on the cheek. "Don't worry, we're alive," I assured. "But....Do you have a fear of planes or you're afraid of dying?" I asked. She looked a little grieved when I asked her that.

"It's just that....it was when I was very young, like around eight....I had a babysitter. And she was in a plane accident while going back to New York. My parents told me that she was at the other side of earth, so I believed in it," She explains. I guess she would've been grieving a lot when she knew the real truth. "But...what actually happened?" I asked not realizing how much that's gonna remind her off the past. "If I say it, then I will bawl my eyes out, and I hate it when I cry," She answers. Her memories are her memories, I need to remember that. "What, I'm happy is that you're alive," I smiled, yet again giving Mi-Ja a friendly kiss on the cheek. I like being friendly, what can I say?! "Speaking of which: where are the others?" She asks wiping her face. "Bathroom," I replied. And then, stilled silence...

"Taemin-ah, Mi-Ja!" I heard Minho-hyung. Great, now let's get out of this place, since New York is full of nationalities, especially Koreans. And there might be K-Pop fans...or even Shawols... "Yah! (Hey) Taemin-ah, can we get going?" Key-hyung shouts in my ear. Looks like the gang is back already. I nodded anyways and rubbed my outer shell. He really is an umma sometimes.

Mi-Ja's POV

>At Asbury Park 6:45 p.m.

After a few complications of knowing where the subway and finding a place to rent a van for the next week and three-fourth days, we've finally found our way to the Parkway and into Neptune, heading towards Asbury. Here I come Ni! "Song-ssi, where do you live?" Mr. Choi asks me from the driver's seat. I got up from mine and pointed to where I (used to) live. "Go there on your left. Until it says xxxx xxx Avenue, okay?" I directed. "Either Miley Cyrus is in my face, or you need to sit down because all I can see is just ass," Key retorts pushing my rear end more foreword. "Then look near Jjong's window," I slightly glared my eyes at him in the back. Jesus, looks like Key and I do not get along more than do with Sae-Ji. "Before you two cause another fight, is that your house with the magenta roof?" Mr. Choi asks me looking at the house with a tree in the front yard. Yep, that's my old house there. "Yeah, just park at the side door, kay?" I requested him. He obliged and parked near the gate of the side door.

We all got out of the car and got to the sidewalk. The others, I have no idea what's going on with them. "I can't wait 'till we meet your mother," Taemin said running toward the gate entrance. Yep, he's excited to meet my mother after all. "What does she look like? Does she look like you?" Minho asks me. I just shrugged my shoulders in reply. We barely look like each other, so yeah... "C'mon, I want to meet Ms. Robin," Taemin once again yelled at us from the deck of the side yard. Okay, how did he come before us? Uh-never mind this. We just went with it and walked to the door.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Who is it?" I heard a familiar voice in the door, realizing it was Ni. I smiled at it and answered, "Ni, is Mickey..." The door opened ajar revealing a dark skinned girl with glasses. Then I saw her eyes widen with a smile on her face. Yep, that's my baby sister. "Mi-Ja!" I yelled squeezing me tightly. I don't even have to bend over or go in my tippy toes. We're almost the same height by two inches. "Hey, it's great to see you again," I said petting her hair. Then I come-backed, "But it's been at least a few months." "I know, I haven't seen you, and it's been torture," She says. "Oh, this is the one who made the posters," Onew said in English looking at her height level. Ni looked confused at first, and then she remembered. "You gave the real SHINee my posters?!" She exclaims. I raised my brows up saying that I did, and hugged me once more, "Thanks." "Hey, can we come in?" Jonghyun asked for an invite. Both Ni and I had some doubtful looks biting or lips. "Yeah, but I'll see if mom wants to see you guys. She might see you as strangers," She said going back inside as we did the same thing. I miss this place.

The place never changed a bit. Everything was the same as when I left. The same pictures, mantle, wall color, furniture, all of that. But I don't hear grandmother; she might be still in Plainfield. "Who's there?" I heard my mom's voice from upstairs. Figuring that if I stayed quiet, she'll rage at me the worst ways possible, I went to the stairways and see if she's there. Well, she was coming down the stairs and there happens to be a gap between me, her, and the steps.

"Michaela, it's been a while. How--" "Mom, before you hug me, are you wearing perfume?" I cut her off while she was getting close to me. She gave the usual "really" face and said no. "Okay, I can have a hug. And I'm having my own ups and downs in Korea." I smiled hugging her as carefully as possible, which led to an even tighter hug. "Oh, so you're Ms. Robin. You look pretty in person," Taemin said while we were heading back in the living room. "Thank you; you sound familiar like we were on the phone," She says. Then I butted in, "You called me since like a few days ago. When he called you Mrs. Song by mistake?" "Oh, Taemin; you look like the guy in the poster in Mi-Ja's side of her bedroom--" "Really, you're acting like those 1980s moms when they say an embarrassing flaw," I cut her off once again as I felt my face turn rose pink. Yeah, I had a poster of them since the Internet War I went as a reward for passing the final exam in college. "Well, it's the truth, and it can hurt," She retorts. Mom and I kind of get along. Though we had some major ups and down since her divorce with my step-dad, and I was extra mad at her for both: not keeping the eternal happiness as I thought it would be. And also, making my sister have a colic crying fit seeing them so mad at each other.

"So, you're E'Niah?" Minho asks my sister in English. She nodded a little and stared back at me. "We just wanted to say: thanks for the posters. I think you'll make a great artist someday," He flirts hugging her. This feels real awkward for born me, because that is my little sister who is biasing about Minho and has a 10 year age gap; and my mom since hello? She's underage... "Dude, she's only eleven...saying that I need to give a break," I rolled my eyes. He stopped hugging her for a second and just gave me a slight glare. Well, she a preteen, not in her 20s, so I don't see any reason to give me that look.

"So...Michaela is your real name?" Key asks me. I nodded a little. Then mom came out of nowhere explaining, "Her real first name is Michaela Jada. I couldn't pick which one for her, I chose both." "Yes, but call me Mickey or Mi-Ja. If any of you call me by any of those names, then I'll consider it very rude, got it? "I ordered them. Michaela is what the adults in my family call. Ni just calls me Mi-Ja or Mickey, especially my friends and youth family members. "It's sounds pretty to me; I don't see why-" "I have my reasons," I snapped at them. If I don't want them to say my name, then I don't let them. 

"Is that blood?" Mom asks about my blouse that was sort of stained with Turkish blood. I pulled on the red area on my shirt and answered, "It's just food coloring from some stuff I made." "How stupid do you think I am?" She interrogates me. Here we go with the augments... "Okay then, I was in a near-death experience with activists before we got-" "Activists?! Are you crazy?! You would've been killed," She yells. I've been here for at least ten minutes, and I have to deal with this crap again. "Mom, it was either: kill or get killed," I said raising my voice a little. "I'm sorry if I have to squeeze in this argument," Taemin once again butts in, "but your daughter saved us. We wouldn't be alive because of what she did. You should thank her." ".....Yeah, she did save you boys; next time be more careful, okay Mickey?" She gave in. After that, I gave a sharp glare at Tae. Yeah, he stuck up for me, but he would've let me talk.

"So, are all of you staying with us?"Ni asks us. I shook my head no, "We're just going to a hotel down by the beach. Let's hope Sandy doesn't come back." "Trust me, there won't be any hurricanes this year," She replied. All of us New Jerseyans were affected greatly from that super storm last year, even Halloween! "It must've been hard getting through that hurricane. I heard that it was the most dangerous in the east coast of the US," Onew emphasizes. I tilted my head in agreement. It was really hard and--we've just changed the god damned subject again! "Anyways I'll book us in," I offered, and then Mr. Choi got in and said, "No, you've helped us enough. Let this be on us for your protection." I said thanks anyways, then we've headed off outside. It's good to be home...is it?