I Ruined a Perfect Thing // mainlyatl, om&m, and ptv | Teen Ink

I Ruined a Perfect Thing // mainlyatl, om&m, and ptv

By sagecte, Greeneville, Tennessee
sagecte, Greeneville, Tennessee

"Don't ever trust the devil, bitch!" Johnny Ringo ; Crown the Empire

Author's note:

I was sitting on my couch reading, and I thought, "this would make a fantastic plot," and started writing.

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

This story is orginally from my wattpad soo...

-Flashback-

Jack Skellington: Forgive me, Mr. Claus. I'm afraid I've made a terrible mess of your holiday.

Santa: Bumpy *sleigh*-ride... Jack. Next time you get the urge to take over someone else's holiday, I'd listen to *her*.

[points to Sally]

Santa: She's the only one who makes any sense around this insane asylum!

[walks away, muttering]

Santa: Skeletons, boogie men...

Jack Skellington: I hope there's still time.

Santa: To fix Christmas? Of course there is! I'm Santa Claus!

[flies out chimney]  was heard faintly coming from the television in the background. It was Christmas Eve, the snow falling, just another regular day in Atlanta, Georgia. " Cornelia, come on! My mom said your parents will be here soon, then we are going to see Santa! Like, in real life!" Hollered by bestfriend, Cimber. I smiled widely. "Coming!" I replied. I ran to the living room waiting for my parents. Hours past, and they never showed up. I tugged on Cimber's moms shirt. "Mrs. Stella? Where's mommy and daddy?" I asked her. She knelt down to my height, softly stroking her thumb over my cheek. "Honey, remember when your mammy was sick, and she went into a really long sleep? One she'll never wake up from?" I nodded, but held a confused look. What does this have to do with my mommy and daddy? "Well, now mommy and daddy are in a never ending sleep now. Except, they fell asleep a different way." She pulled me into a hug, as i slowly started crying. It was only a month later, the day I turned 9, that I realized that they weren't in a never ending sleep, even though they were. But, I realized they died.

-Flashback over-   

I sat at Cimber's house. It's been 6 years since my parents pasted away. Since then, Cimber has become this extremely famous actress. Unlike most actresses, she didn't become a snooty b**** and drop me. We still listened to music together. We still did out Movie Saturdays. And, most importantly, she still held me while I cried every Christmas Even about my parents passing. Tonight, she's taking me to some party that "someone I admire dearly" invited her to, and said that she could bring a friend. Tonight, also happens to be my 24th birthday. "Cor? You in here?" She yelled out. I smiled at my best friend. "Right here!" She ran over to me, hugging my tightly. "Happy Birthday, Babe! Here, take this!" She yelled, practically shoving a black piece of cloth in my face. I laughed. "Ha-alright, calm your tits." I unfolded the cloth, to see it was a home-made t-shirt, with an iron on picture of me with the only and one, Pierce the Veil. "No way!!! How did you do this?! Ahh, iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou!!" I hugged her tightly. "Go put it on! Get ready!" I groaned. "Cimber, you know that no-one will even notice me, right?" She sighed. "Cornelia Celestia Pandora, you will be just fine!" She told me. I sighed. Suree...

-At the Party; Cornelia's POV-

I was walking right behind Cimber when I noticed-wait, Jaime Preciado? No, I'm seeing things. I poked her shoulder. She turned around, smirking at me. "Yes, my dear Cornelia?" She asked. "What kind of party did you bring me to?" I asked her. She giggled at me. "A band party!!" She replied. "Cimber Amaya Stella, what the hell did you just get me into?!"     She laughed at me. "Only the best birthdays of all birthdays!" She replied, pulling into what looked like a kitchen. Yeah, right.

-Later that Night; Every from the party is in a circle; playing If I had; Cornelia's POV-

I sat next to Cimber and some other person that I believe was invited by a band member. We were playing If I had, which didn't make since. Once it got to Cimber, who started, she said, "I-if I h-had a b-brother, I-I'd be s-sober!" She said, with sent all the drunk band members into histarics. If I had a car, I'd leave. I thought. Well, next would've been me, but even my "best friend" didn't realize I was sitting right there. The girl next to me, who's name I learned was Emma, said, "If I had t-the power to be invisible, I'd stalk hot guys." I was surprised by what I actually worked up to say. "You don't need powers to be invisible." I piped out. Everyone looked at me, like they didn't even notice I was sitting there. And four of their faces are ironed onto my shirt. I stood up, "Cimber, I'm leaving. Bye." I said, turning around, feeling the tears threatening to leave my eyes. I walked away, before turning back around. I kneeled down next to her. "I need your keys, Cim. You wouldn't let me bring my money, so I'm taking your car." She drunkenly handed me her keys, and I returned to walking to her car. Before I got to the car, I heard someone walk up to me. Without looking to see who it was, I said, "I don't know what you want, but please, leave me alone." I looked up to see that person I was talking to, more like people I was talking to was Alex Gaskarth, and Vic Fuentes. "We just wanted to check on you before we let you leave. We saw Cim bring you, and I saw her just slowly forget about you while she got drunk. Ya'know, we are the dd's for our bands, so we haven't drank." Alex said. I gave them a confused look. "Then how come no-one said anything to me?" I choked out, this time tears rolling down my cheeks. "This was supposed to be Cimber's present to me. It's my 24th birthday." I told them. Sitting down in the drivers seat, putting the keys in the ignition. "No, don't leave yet!" Vic said. "Why should I stay?" I whispered. They both just looked at me before, at the same time, saying, "Because we noticed you." I looked up at them, surprised. Someone actually noticed me. For once, I wasn't invisible.

i hope you guys are enjoying this

RECAP:

"We just wanted to check on you before we let you leave. We saw Cim bring you, and I saw her just slowly forget about you while she got drunk. Ya'know, we are the dd's for our bands, so we haven't drank." Alex said. I gave them a confused look. "Then how come no-one said anything to me?" I choked out, this time tears rolling down my cheeks. "This was supposed to be Cimber's present to me. It's my 24th birthday." I told them. Sitting down in the drivers seat, putting the keys in the ignition. "No, don't leave yet!" Vic said. "Why should I stay?" I whispered. They both just looked at me before, at the same time, saying, "Because we noticed you." I looked up at them, suprised. Someone actually noticed me. For once, I wasn't invisible.

~~~

I decided that I would stay, but I made Alex and Vic promise to stay with me, which they did. When we wallked back into the house for the party, I saw Alan Ashby from Of Mice & Men run down the stairs. "Oh, thank God! I thought you guys let her actually leave!" He said, sounding out of breath. "Why would you even care if I left?" I asked. "I invited Cimber, and told her to bring a friend. She said she was bringing someone here for there birthday, but that's literally all she said. Didn't so me a picture. Didn't introduce me, nothing." I stood there. "So, Cimber purposely brought me here, knowing noone would know I came with her?" He nodded. I think it's fair to say I was over pissed. Pissed was an understatment? "Where is she?" I asked. "Still upstairs."

"Do you have pineapple juice?"

"Why do you need pineapple juice?" He asked, laughing.

"It sobers her." He went into the kitchen, coming back with a bottle of pineapple juice. I went upstairs, insantly finding Cimber in the same spot she was in when I left.  Everyone say me come in, followed by the guys, and some "Oh shits" were thrown around. I walked up to Cimber and made her face me. "Drink this." I said, handing her the juice. She shrugged, drinking it, then coughing. "Cornelia Celestia, what the f***? I bring you here for your birthday, and you f*ing sober me with pineapple juice!?" I smirked. "Well, maybe if you would've told everyone who you were bringing, what I looked liked, and that it was my birthday, or at least introduced me to people if you were going to get drunk, since you know I don't drink, I wouln't have." A chorus of "oh s***", and "oohh"'s flooded the room. "Well, look at you. Alan, Alex, and  Vic followed you in here. I guess you're a bigger whore then I thought." She smirked back. "I can't believe you just threw that at me..." I whispered. Everyone was just kind of...staring at me. Just like highschool. "Cim-Cimber, I can't help what happened. I tried to stop him. You promised you'd keep your mouth shut, yet every time we fight, you throw it at me!" I hollered. "Cor, I'm sorry, I didn-"

"Save it, Cimber!" I turned around and quickly walked away before anyone could see me crying. You little pu**y. You ket him do that to you! No, I didn't mind. But he did it anyways. You let him take advantage of you "STOP!" I screamed out to no one in particiarl, but someone answered. "I didn't say anything, yet." I turned around and saw Alan. "What? Do you believe her? Do you think I'm some groupie that's gonna try to get in bed with you now?" I screamed at him. He gave me a confused look. "Do you think I would've followed you out here if I thought you were a groupie?" His look has changed from confused to-is that a f*ing smirk? I laughed at him. "I guess not." He smiled. "Well, I just wanted to ask you something..." His face dropped, and I knew exactly what he was talking about. "Go for it." I voiced cracked at theend.

"Who were you talking about?"

"Uhm, I-I, When I-iwasrapedandsheclaimsijustlethimdoitbutitriedtostophim" I rush together, hoping he wouldn't hear it, but I'm guessing he did, since he hugged me. I hugged him back. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that." He said. I sighed, nodding my head. "Well, I'm not going to force you to talk about it, but I am suggesting that you stay here, since Cimber started drink again after you walked away." I laughed. Just like Cimber. I nodded my head, and he grabbed my hand, pulling me to the couch. We we're soon joined by Alex and Vic, and we started playing 20 Questions.

(A=Alex, Al=Alan, V=Vic, and C=Cornelia)

V: How old are you?

C; 24, now.

A: Favorite color?

C: Blue.

Al: How do you know Cimber?

C: Childhood friends.

V: Are you single? -winks-

C; -blushes- Yes.

A&Al: I CALL DIBS!!

I laughed at the boys. "Please, don't fight over me. I'm not worth it." They all just kind of-glared at me. "What makes you think that?" Alex asked. I shrugged my shoulders, lowering my head. I felt an arm go over my shoulders. I looked over to see Alan. "Cornelia, you are beautiful young woman, why would make you think otherwise?" I looked down at my denium TOMS and played with my braclets, which covered many, many cuts. "I've just nevr had high self-esteem, not since my parents died." I admitted, looking up at all of them. "It's okay, though. That was 6 years ago." I said, rubbing at my eyes to make sure the tears that were on there way didn't come. "Sweetheart, what's that?" Vic asked me. I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean? What's what?" He walked over in front of me, and pointed at my wrist, were one of my braclets had fallen off. S***! I quickly tried putting the braclet back on my arm, but he stopped me. "Darling, let me see your arm, please." I hesitated for a moment before letting him see my arm. He removed all my bracelets before speaking, "Alan, go get your first-aid kit. Alex, go get a towel or something, hurry." I looked down so he couldn't see me cry, but quickly lifted me head back up. "Darling, don't cry. Everything is okay. You're okay. We're not going anywhere, understand?" I nodded, but asked the question that was flooding my mind. "Why would you want to stay?"

"If I wanted to leave, why would I have came in the first place?"

Preferences

Preferences

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

this one is shorter im so sorry

RECAP:

I looked down so he couldn't see me cry, but quickly lifted me head back up. "Darling, don't cry. Everything is okay. You're okay. We're not going anywhere, understand?" I nodded, but asked the question that was flooding my mind. "Why would you want to stay?"

Listening to: Shadow Moses - Bring Me the Horizon

*Cornelia's POV*

I honestly didn't know how how to feel. Vic barely knew anything about me, and he's already shwoing so many emotions towards some stu-"Here's the towel, Victor!" I heard Alex say.

"Yeah, I've got the first-aid kit, too." Vic looked at me.

"Alex, sit down next to Cor, and let her hold your hand. This is gonna sting."  He said. Once I had hold of Alex's hand, Vic got out the rubbing alcohol, and started pouring some on a cuts. I winced in pain, and squeezed Alex's hand a bit. It fucking stung. "You're doing fine, Cornelia." Vic said as he started cleaning up my cuts.

"Cornelia. I like that name. It's really pretty. How'd you get it?" Alan asked.

"I was named directly after my great-grandmother. Cornelia Celestia Pandora." I said, a smile growing visible on my face at the thoght of my great-grandmother.

"Pandora? I've never met someone with that name before." Vic said.

"I have a lot of things no one has ever heard of." I replied. They all looked at me.

"What does that mean?" They asked in unison.

"I can ruin anything without even planning on it." I said.

"You didn't ruin this,and you didn't plan too. So?" Alex said.

"No, but I caused a scene. Did I not? It happens in different ways, but it always does."

"It's about time that changes." Vic said. I smiled at him and nodded. Yes, yes it is.

*Time Lasp 2 FutherMuckin' Days cx*

*Cimber's POV*

I honestly can't live with myself at the moment. Corneliahas been staying with Alan since I did that. How can I be so fucking stupid?! I ruined my best friends birthday, and worst of fucking all, our friendship. I pulled out one of Cor's razors that she left, and broke it. I took one of the blades, and started making deep wounds on my right arm.

One for being a shitty friend

a shitty person

a shitty lover

a shitty everything.

Two for being a fucking b****

a lowlife

a fame infested slut.

Three, Four Five, Six, Seven...  It went on and on. Deeper and deeper. I made sure I had my note for Cornelia, and placed my favorite picture of us together on top of it. With tears flowing down my cheeks, I croaked out, "I'm sorry...", and slipped into the black.

*Alan's POV*

"Hey, Alan?" Cor asked me. For the last 2 days, Cor has been staying with me.

"Yes?"

"I kindof have a bad feeling in my stomach. Can we go check on Cimber, please?" She asked with a wavering voice. I nodded quickly.

"Of course, but, why do you have a weird feeling in your stomach?"

"She's not answering my calls or texts." I grabbed my car keys and ran out the door, Cornelia hot on my heels. We hopped in the car, and arrived in record speed. Cor hopped out of the car, and quickly reached the door, swinging it open. "Cimber!!! CIMBER AMAYA STELLA FUCKING ANSWER ME." She sobbed. She ran around the house, calling her name. I walked towards a room, and opened the door to what seemed like a bathroom. I looked down, and saw Cimber lying in a puddle of blood, clutching onto a picture and letter. "CORNELIA I FOUND HER!" I hollered, honestly scared shitless. She came running to me. She looked at Cimber and fell beside her, grasping her lifeless arm, crying.

"Cimber, wake up! I didn't mean anything! I was mad! Cimber, please, you're my only family left! WAKE THE F*** UP CIMBER PLEASE!!!!" She sobbed out. I bended down and hugged her. She fell into my chest, voilently shaking from her sobs. I pulled my phone outand called 911, letting a few tears fall out of my eyes. "Hello, 911, what's your emergancy?"

"Yes, m-my friend tried killing hers-self."

"Help is on the way, sir. What's her name?"

"Cimber Stella."

"Someone should be there in about 5 minutes, hold on, please." And the line went dead after that. Cor noticed the letter on thr ground, and picked it up.

*Cornelia's POV*

I picked up the letter, and read it.

"Dear Cornelia Celestia,

I'm sorry for being such a s*** friend.

I never meant to cause you pain.

I didn't want to leave this way,but I couldn't live

with the fact that our friendship was no more.

I love you, Cornelia...

...More than you may ever know.

-Cimber Amaya Stella"

It finally hit me completely, that I may never see Cimber alive again. My bestfriend just committed suicide, and it was all because of me.