Alien Desolation

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

Record Opened. Dr. Elliot Ross, Year - 2127, Record log 173

It is a fine ship made of only the finest steels and metals, it was crafted to perfection with each and every one of the bolts and scraps falling together in a refined manner the U.S.S Almayer, I boarded the ship yesterday morning; the crew was nice as was Mr. Weyland. I must inquire on Mr. Weyland who was an interesting chap, I truly must say...He was one of those fellows you only meet once in a lifetime and although he was interesting...I must say he had a certain veil of mystery cloaking him. I was mainly there due to one of my subordinates needing my assistance on board the O.S.S (Orbital Space Station) Gutenberg. I proceeded to the loading docks, where Mr. Webber was waiting on my arrival. He was an associate of mine in my old job, On board the U.S.S Lagoon during the early operations of Linna 349. (With the damn Bugboys.) Once in the loading docks he greeted me warmly, well warm enough I suppose. “Hello again Mr. Ross fine day to be aboard one of Weylands finest ships, Is it not?”
Mr. Webber said to me with a whole hearted smile. “Yes I suppose Mr. Webber.” I said back smiling as well. “So then are you ready to set off Mr. Ross?” He asked me with a smirk, I could only smile back. “Yes I suppose Mr. Webber.” I spoke back with little haste, of course though who would feel hasty to get on the Gutenberg. Aside from the scientists who are always colorful characters there are assorted test subjects and clinical custodians. I followed Webber to the Betty where we would be flown to the Space Station. “Alright any firearms you have are to be taken at this point.” Webber told me with a slight smile knowing I don’t carry firearms on me anyhow. I mean I would, but normally station doctors don’t tend to carry those. “I have none on me Mr. Webber.” I gave him a smile back and we entered the Betty. “So what is the problem that I had to come here a week in advance?” I asked in bewilderment. “About one week ago, the Gutenberg sent a drone to BG-684...They found something…” He said with a lowered voice, and a slight rub to the chin. “And? What about it? Did it poke someone in the retina? Or brutally injure someone?” I asked with a slight sarcastic voice. “Yes...And no…” Webber continued. “One of the maintenance staff had his face attacked by a -” He stopped for a moment pausing...It seemed like he was in a subtle disbelief. “A what?” I asked curiously. “An Arachnid...Bigger than any other one I have ever seen...Little over three feet in length, but it had a tail...A long one, it wrapped the tail around the custodian’s neck. We attempted to remove it but it only wrapped tighter.”He said with a low tone as he looked out the window. “What do you want me to do? I am a Human Doctor, Not an arachnologist, not to mention why didn’t you just call the other doctor onboard?” I said stopping my sarcasm as I realized he was serious. “Doctor Ester? He went missing the day before...Or he took an early vacation without calling in a substitute, you were the closest thing to it in the vicinity, so here we are!” He said looking back at me with a slight smile. “What did your drone pick up on BG-684?” I asked in wonderment. “We did not know what it was but it was unlike any kind of molecular or geographical structure we've seen before, it was a small capsule...About two and half feet tall...It was a brownish color.” Webber said while He lit a cigar. “You should not smoke on board…” I said concerned a bit. “Ah, you sound just like the doctors back home eh?” He said with a slight laugh. “Anyhow go on.” I said with a glance out the window. “We brought it on board; it seemed like one of those moments where you think you just made an important scientific find...We brought it to the laboratory and stuffed it into a reinforced glass tube. It was fine until yesterday, which is when Mr. Davenport's day went south.” He said with a puff from the cigar. “The custodian?”I asked. “Quite, he was cleaning the room as we were taking a break. The cameras recorded it… The Capsule open...Into four pedals...Then the arachnid crawled out and...And used some sort of acidic spit, it broke the glass and then the being latched onto his face.” He said with another puff from the cigar. “That’s basically the sum of what happened...” He said while looking at me. “Where is the arachnid now?” I asked. “Dead and Locked in an examining tube.” He said to my own surprise. “Is Mr. Davenport alright?” I asked. “Well I suppose, he woke up saying he felt fine, but we like to get a medical examiner to check him out.” Webber said with some slight discomfort as he pulled out a radio. The radio was buzzing with several voices, they were yelling. “What's happening?” Webber said on the radio. “Davenport! It’s Davenport!” The voice on the other side yelled out. “He’s dead! A monster! A monster busted out his ribcage!” The voice continued and I eavesdropped. I was slightly shocked...Webber was speechless...As Was I, But even in my speechless shock I must say that I had my doubt about the rantings over the radio. I and Webber both were silent, the pilot spoke saying that we would be arriving soon, me and Webber buckled up and got ready to land. “Alright Mr. Ross, Welcome to my humble abode, The Orbital Space Station Gutenberg…” Webber spoke with a slightly happier.
: End File
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 12 comments. Post your own now!

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
(Sorry about this mess)

Alien Desolation Cmmt: I told you I would get to it! (: I write my comments live btw so it may be kind of long. I apologize in advance. Ch 1 - Already love the chapter title. Pretty cool. If you're talking about how refined the ship is, I wouldn't use the word "scraps." That's kind of a nitpicky diction thing, but it makes a difference. Be careful with your grammar and punctuation inside dialogue. I know it might be something you might not want to focus on, but it's still necessary. Don't worry ... (more »)

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
This comment isn't posting all the way... I meant to have like a whole other section. I'll try later.

Opticalillusion replied...
Thanks for getting to it, First I would like to say that weyland and webber are two different people. Second thanks for pointing out the errors. (Truly hard to find people who do so.) In the second chapter I only made doctor ross who is honestly just a doctor not a scientist and the engineer have small talk to show their reltionship.

Alright. I promise it was excellent. I just get nitpicky when I see a lot of potential in something.(:

teenink.com/forums?act=post&topic_id=17&thread_id=80027&rand=0.6116951263975352#reply1897733 I'll put the rest of my cmmt on this forum.

Opticalillusion said...
May 15, 2014 at 11:04 am
Teen onk= *Teen Ink* Spelling error. 

Divine_Lightning_Wolf said...
nice work 

HayatC. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I thought this was very creative and exciting as well, nice job!

Opticalillusion said...
May 13, 2014 at 8:27 am
The last sentance of the first chapter is supposed to end like -Webber spoke with a happier tone. - Teen onk screwed it up in the editing process. Thank you for reading.

Itsme24 replied...
May 15, 2014 at 11:37 am
Brilliant!

beautyinsideout replied...
May 16, 2014 at 11:41 am
good book its more than brilliant its fabulous