Hellos and Godbyes

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 Next »

Prologue

Beep beep beep!
I slammed my hand down on what I hoped was my alarm clock. Today was my first day of colleges was going to NYU and taking classes to become a therapist, but not just any type of therapist I wanted to help the mentally disabled kids. For example kids who hallucinated or had multiple personalities. I was always interested in those people I was always wondering what was going thought their minds and what made them that way.
I finally got out of bed and picked out an outfit for the day. I always had a hard time costing clothes for the first day. I wanted it to be cute, but I didn't want it to look like I was trying. I wanted it to be comfortable, but not too baggy. I wanted to look professional, but not over dressed. This life was to complicated.
After about twenty minutes of changing clothes I decided on a cute T-shirt that said I love British boys. It fit well and showed of my curves without looking to professional and leaning more towards the cute side. I know its more of a teenage thing to wear, but it looked good on me. I also wore nice dark jeans hat said cute, but they had no holes and looked brand new giving me a nice responsible touch to my cuteness. As for my shoes I went with black sandals, no one can ever go wrong with sandals.
When I finally finished my hair and had it styled in loose waves giving me am older look I ran down the hall to make sure Jamie was up. Jamie was my roommate. We had been friends forever and now shared an apartment. When I went to knock on her door she swung it open and smiled. She had a cute while tank top with a black leather jacket over top and dark jeans. She always looked good in the almost bad girl type of look. I on the other hand cold never pull it off. I just looked so young and the jacket just looked so out of place on me.
We both went downstairs and grabbed our backpacks so we could head to the school. We lived off campus, so we could have more privacy and quietness.
"So jam-Jam are you ready for the first day of college?"
"Not really, but it's here anyway so we better get going."
"Yeah let's just grab breakfast on the way there. How does that sound?"
"Great!" She answered grabbing the keys to our car. Yep we shared a car to save money.
When we finally got to a Starbucks we got some bagels and a nice cup of coffee each to eat on the way.
we got the school in record time about ten minutes before first hour. Mine was my class to learn about feelings and how to handle certain feelings. We would be learning what different actions mean and if any were important in different situations. I figured it would be boring, but kinda interesting at the same time. Lots of lectures, but interesting and important information.
On my way to the first class I heard some people yelling and one of those voices was my sisters.

"What do you mean we are done!? You cannot just dump me here!" My sister was yelling at Niall.
"I mean we are done, I'm sorry but I cant take it anymore you were always being so rude to my friends down. And for me friends come first." Niall said hugging his little group close while looking Jess straight in the eye.
"I can believe you are doing this and you will regret it later! I promise!"
Jess was my older sister and I'm not proud of it. I was a freshman in college and she was a junior. She always wanted to be popular and she finally got there by dating Niall Horan. How she got to dating him I have no clue. The only reason she is mad now is because her status was going to drop so very far. I was a nerd and just fine with it, you never had to keep up to date with all the gossip, the clothes, guys, etc. It was just easier.
"I HATE YOU NIALL HORAN AND ALL YOUR STUPID FRIENDS!" My sister said stomping her feet like a two year old would when they don't get the toy they want. I started laughing. Who wouldn't?
"Alex is that our sister?" Tay-Tay said coming up behind me.
"Yep that is Jess at her finest." Tay-Tay was my best friend. Her full name was Taylor but I all called her by her nick name. We had been best friends since first grade.
"Alright people shows over!" Mr. Parkinton just showed up he was our principal. There was a round of groans from the kids around us but the teachers started escorting them to class. It didn't take long for the whole school to find out what had happened, we only had about a hundred kids. We are a small school.

Biology class

"Hey Alex!"
"What's up Tay-Tay! long time no see!"
"I know we haven't seen each other since..what...a second ago in the hall! Anyway it will be hilarious when Jess has to sit at our table I can't wait to see her reaction when Harry's group rejects her!" Harry's group was the name we gave the popular crowd. We came up with strange names for things. For example the Ice cream shop down the street was called strawberries because the first time we got a cherry on top of our ice cream Tay-Tay called it a strawberry.
"Alex!"
"What?"
"I said it will be funny when Harry's group tells Jess she can't sit with them anymore."
"Oh yeah! Yeah this lunch will be a big show." Then our teacher came into the room and everyone got silent.
"Okay everyone pop quiz over genetics please all books on the floor!" I am so happy I studied last night! I had had trouble with the genetics unit.

Lunch

"Ow!" Some one had run into me and I fell into a locker dropping my books.
"I'm so sorry! Oh hi Alex!"
"Hey what's up Harry!" Ever since Jess started dating Niall I had met most of Harry's group and we would say hi in the halls but we never really had a full conversation.
"Would you like to sit at our table today? The guys and I want to talk to you about some stuff." This was a change. I stared at him confused for a second.
"Me sit at your table wouldn't that look kinda bad for your reputation?" I asked him only half joking. This school took popularity and titles and all that VERY seriously.
"That doesn't matter. We don't really care what other people think of us, we just sorta became popular somehow but we don't change our lives for it. I am still going to talk to my friends." I never had really considered us friends but I'm just going to go with it.
"Sure I guess I could sit with you but I really wanted to see Jess's first day at the nerd table."
"That's kinda what we wanted to talk to you about. Also I'm sure today's reaction will be the same as tomorrow's she was really getting full of herself being seen walking around and hanging out with us, it got really annoying she kept acting like she was in charge of this school."
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Tara_Tomlinson_99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:08 am:
AH! Niall, it's okay, you don't need that meanie, Jess. She's too stuck up for you. Love you Nialler <3 Haha lol I like it.