Breathless: Ouran Highschool Host Club

Author's note: This work is about discovering who you are for yourself, and figuring out what you need from the...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This work is about discovering who you are for yourself, and figuring out what you need from the world. Our society never gives you the answers straightly--you're always forced to uncover the truth yourself.
So, I give this short novel to you as a way to learn to love yourself and everyone else. As a way to learn to accept the truth for what it is, and only change what you can.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Ignorance is bliss--or at least it WAS.

There was always a reason behind every one of Kyouya Ootori's actions. He was rational and calm, always aiming for his own achievement. So naturally when Yoshio asked him to befriend the Suoh boy, Kyouya did not object. He knew it was only going to benefit him.

But he never would have dreamed that this Tamaki would be so incredibly stupid. Moronic, even. Still, the boy had an undeniable passion for love in his eyes, and Kyouya couldn't help but admire that. To do anything without personal
This chapter could be completely off in its own way, or right on target. I have no idea, as I've never been through any of this myself. Well, hope it's awesomely awesome!
gain was commendable in Kyouya's eyes, and this strange boy seemed to do nothing for his own benefit. Intriguing, indeed.

And that admiration was soon furthered when the boys reached Kyoto for their first vacation together. In fact, Kyouya could possibly say that his heart skipped a beat every time Tamaki walked into the room. And that worried the Ootori boy beyond words. Because generally that indicated that a person was in love. And he could not afford to be in love, let alone with another boy. Even though he was the unimportant third son, a gay man certainly was not going to be allowed in the Ootori family. His father would be furious. And since he was disposable, he might even be disowned.

So Kyouya told no one of his strange inner battles, not even Tamaki himself. He simply kept his thoughts about his emotions to himself and continued traveling around Japan with the one boy who he was completely in love with.

It was when they returned from Hokkaido that he finally decided to confess his sexuality to his sister. There was really no one else he could talk to. His father might not even hear him out and his brothers were less-than-amicable towards him–and there was no way in hell he could talk to Tamaki.

"Hey, Fuyumi?" he asked tentatively.

"Hmm, Kyouya? What's up?" she replied, not glancing up from her romance novel.

"There's, uh, something that I wanted to ask you about," Kyouya said, awkwardly stepping towards her. He started to break out into a sweat. Maybe this wasn't the best idea, after all.

Surprised by his shy nature, Fuyumi looked up at him and smiled, gesturing towards an empty seat on the couch. "Sure, go ahead," she said reassuringly. If it was making the unbreakable Kyouya nervous, then it had to be a serious problem.

"I, uh–" The boy's voice broke off, and a wave of irritation at his own incompetence briefly took over his face. Why was it that it was so hard to talk to her? "Fuyumi, I think I'm gay," he blurted out, then covered his mouth with his hand. Well, it was a rather forward way to start that conversation, but it did the trick. Fuyumi's eyes widened at her younger brother's sudden confession, but she quickly contained her shock for his understood his pain, in a way. Their family wasn't the most open-minded, after all. The poor boy was probably more scared than she could imagine.

"Oh, Kyouya! It's okay, you know," she said, walking towards him and putting her arm around his shoulders. His body grew slack under her caring touch, and he buried his face in his hands.

"How am I supposed to tell Father?" he asked her, not looking up. "We can tell him together. There's no point in going alone. Either way, it's Tamaki, isn't it?" she said, tightening her embrace on him.

"Wait, what? How did you know...?" he asked, confused. "I could tell the second I saw you two together. He's so clearly fallen for you, Kyouya. I just didn't want to tell you because I wasn't entirely sure, but now that you tell me, it's not as if I'm going to keep that from you," she answered sheepishly.

"You knew the whole time, didn't you? Hah. You knew before me. That's a first," he said, smiling. Fuyumi really had improved his mood, and she was always someone he could count on, even if he didn't always know it.

"Yeah, I guess so. But–not to kill the mood or anything–you do have a bigger problem on your hands." Fuyumi's smile faltered a bit, and she struggled to maintain her composure.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"What are you going to say to Tamaki?" she asked lightly.

Kyouya blushed furiously. His sister was right–this was his first love, and Kyouya knew less than nothing about feelings. "Good question," he replied.

PeytonLovesHarryPotter said...
Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:48 pm:
Uh....... Defienetly well written. I love this TV series, but uh... I love Tamaki and Haruhi together. I mean, it's good, but the whole gay thing.... feels weird. Just.... no. TEAM HARUHI.

PhantomhiveHostThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 30, 2013 at 11:12 am :
Thanks so much for your feedback!! I'm glad you thought my work was well-written, and I'm also a big Ouran fan. I'm sorry that you disliked the fact that they were gay, though! I probably should have put that in the summary, even though it was tagged boyxboy. I also like the pairings of Tamaki and Haruhi, and Kyouya and Haruhi.