Hardship of aTrainer | Teen Ink

Hardship of aTrainer

By SilverCrow, Trenton, Massachusetts
SilverCrow, Trenton, Massachusetts

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
- Sam Keen, from To Love and Be Loved

Patrick had to do what he needed to survive—even if it meant stealing.

Patrick looked like a homeless boy. He had messy brown hair, 5'81 black shirt-up t-shirt with red on the sides and from shoulder to shoulder. He has gray shorts and back shoes; everything he had was covered in dirt.

Ahead of Patrick was a well acquainted house. Two-story, white paint, red roof, and well groomed green grass.

On the houses windowsill was a freshly baked blueberry pie.

Patrick yearned for the pie. His eyes craving, mouth salivating, hands trembling, and demented

Patrick reached up and culled the pie away.

Little did Patrick know; the houses housemothers had been out for a walk and returned to her estate. Woman in her late 40's, sturdy-husky body, smooth skin, white sleeved clothes, blue strips all over, brown khaki shorts, and a white apron in front of her waist. Frizzy long brown hair, wrinkles on her cheeks, and hazel eyes.

The housemother noticed Patrick as he had the pie in his hands. The woman raised her left finger out, pointing at Patrick, shrilled, " YOU FILTHY BOY! GUARDS, WE HAVE AN INTRUDER!"

Patrick was nimble on his feet—he needed to escape the thunderous sounds of footsteps behind him.

Patrick ran into the woods surrounding the housemother's house. However, the guards continued chasing after him.

Being chased was a part of Patrick's life saga. Patrick would steal from candy stores, jewelry stores, and other stores he visited.

Patrick wasn't always dirt poor and on the run. He was once rich, well off, and had a loving family. However; there was also tragedy in his life. Tragedy: Patrick dared not to spiel about.

" GET BACK HERE, YOU THEIF!" One of the guards yelled.

" Darmanitan, Flamethrower!" Another one of the guards yelled, he ordered his Pokémon too attack.

" Dar!" A squeaky voice yelled.

Patrick knew all about Pokémon. Ever since there was life—there has always been Pokémon. Pokémon are extraordinary creatures with special powers. He knew there were people who trained/raised Pokémon and entered them in vicious battles.

Patrick was quick; ducked down. His whole body fell to the ground—he was able to crawl. Patrick crawled into a small dirt hole. The dirt hole was so small; the guards couldn't catch Patrick.

" Please, leave me alone!" Patrick pleaded too himself.

" You can't run forever, you hobo!" The rough voice of one guard yelled.

" We saw your face! You can't run forever!"

XXX

Patrick was able to outrun the guard and found a consecrated part of the forest.

Patrick was ashamed of himself, holding a freshly baked pie, he just wanted to eat to.

" I can't eat this," Patrick thought to himself out loud. " But I'm just so hungry…. NO! I can't think like that! I have to return this stolen good back to its owner and accept my punishment like… maybe, just a little bit…"

Patrick laid the pie on the ground.

Patrick was going to eat the pie, however, two Pokémon Patrick recognised as Patrat's showed up. Patrat is a mammalian Pokémon, mostly brown with a tan stomach and face. Its tail is long and straight with a scruffy white tip. It has a large pointed tooth that sticks out of its mouth. Its head has a black, red, and yellow rings around its eyes, and small black eyes (The rings are seen as being separate from the actual eyes when it is put to sleep). Its feet are small and black, with three toes on each foot.

The two Patrat's goggled the pie Patrick stole. They licked their lips, shaking, as their eyes gaped.

" Hey," Patrick said to the two Pokémon. " You two are hungry, aren't you? Well, if you're hungry, than you should eat." Patrick slide the pie closer to the two Pokémon. " I'm not as hungry as I thought."

The Patrat's advanced closer to the pie.

Both Patrat's sniffed the pie, studying its fragrance and incense smell, soon took a bite.

The Patrat's laughed with glee.

The two soon devoured the pie whole. But crumbs were still on both Patrat's mouths.

Both Patrat's ran up to Patrick with glee.

Each one rushed up too Patrick, willingly rubbing themselves to him, as Patrick smiled.

XXX

A while later; an old woman was walking towards her laboratory.

The woman despite being over 40 yrs. old was beautiful. Silk brown hair resembling an ice cream top, wearing a gray lab coat, white shirt underneath, light green skirt, and blue eyes. She also had small spherical earrings and red sneakers. She was carrying a heavy brown leather bag.

" It sure was a lovely ceremony," The girl reminisced, looking at the sky in deep thought. " I can hardly believe Black's now the Unova Champion. Last I recall: he was a stubborn little twerp. But yet here he is one of the world's greatest champion and patron. Yet, he doesn't have the time to visit me."

" Hey, baby!" A crooked voice impelled. The woman turned in the direction of the man's voice. He had a gray hat over his head, tattered gray biker suit, ripped spot at the knees, gray eyes. The woman noticed his breath reeked of alcohol, eyes ogled her body, and his tongue squirmed as he stuck it out . " That's a nice bag you got there, wench! Hand it over!"

The crooked man lurked up to the woman and grasped her by the shoulders.

The woman was terrified. She was afraid, a man was maculating her, and she was completely helpless.

" HELP!" The woman cried. " PLEASE HELP ME!"

" Scream all you want, wench!" The crooked man ridiculed. " No one can here y—"

" Hey!" The voice of Patrick shouted. " Leave that lady alone!"

Patrick appeared out of nowhere, kicked the thief behind his back, and pushed the man to the ground.

He had to save her—he wanted to redeem himself. Stopping a crook was the only thing he could enact.

Patrick stared straight into the woman's eyes, she was flabbergasted, he smiled, said, " I hope you are okay, madam. I'll be taking me l—"

The woman squeezed Patrick's left arm, he was immobilized, her eyes staring at the ground, she said, " Let me properly thank you. You look like a mess; come to my house and take a bath. I have many things I'd like to discuss with you."

XXX

Patrick had finished taking a shower—he was soaking wet—he tried to wipe his skin dry.

Patrick had time to ponder to himself, he was alone, and he was in sanctity.

" Why is this lady being nice to me?" Patrick pondered. " No one's ever been this nice to me."

" Excuse me," The woman said in the other room. " I'm making tea&cookies. Is there anything special you'd like with your tea?"

Patrick continued to ponder, his head was down, said, " Surprise me."

XXX

Patrick was having tea with the woman. Patrick was wearing an old pair of trousers, towel wrapped around his chest, as his hair was still soaking wet.

They were outside, sitting next to a white metal table, tea cups and cookies were displayed on the table. Cloud's blocked the sun, trees rustled with the breeze, the woman couldn't have wished for a more lavish environment.

Patrick however was in a rout. He couldn't stand her generosity; diffidently twirled his silver spoon around the tea, and mopped.

" I'm terribly sorry. We haven't introduced ourselves," Juniper responded. " My name is Professor Juniper. I'm a professor who studies Pokémon. What's your name?"

" Patrick," Patrick said demurely. " Patrick Strong."

" So, Patrick, how do you feel about Pokémon?" Juniper asked, leaning closer to him.

Patrick hesitated, twirling his spoon in the tea, saying rather hesitantly, " They're my only friends."

Patrick lifted his spoon out of his tea cup and took a sip of it.

Professor Juniper stared at Patrick. She could believe his ego—she couldn't believe his philosophy.

Professor Juniper reached down and pulled something out. A small metallic ball, the top made of red alloy, the bottom made of white alloy, and a seal in the centre.

Professor Juniper rolled the strange object over to Patrick, he barely got a look of it, clasped it with his left arm.

Red light glowed from the seal of the strange device.

The seal opened up, white light glowing brightly, a creature popped out and was caught by Patrick. Patrick hadn't seem a Pokémon much like it. It was a tan-colored, dog-like Pokémon. It has large eyes and a red nose, with its face covered by an abundance of cream fur. Its large ears have spiky lower extensions. Its fur puffs about above its paws, and its back has a spiky black stripe. Its tail is spiky and shaped similarly to its ears.

The creature looked directly into Patrick's eyes. That's when it noticed Patrick's left arm. Its nose scrunched up as it sniffed Patrick's arm. The Pokémon than licked Patrick's arm with a small soft pink tongue. The Pokémon ceased its licking; it jumped onto Patrick's laps.

" Lillipup!" The small Pokémon joyfully barked. " Pup pup!"

The small creature stuck its tongue out and licked Patrick's face.

" Woah, cut it out!" Patrick laughed more than ordered. " You're a frisky little guy, aren't ya?"

" That there's a female," Professor Juniper explained. " Tell me: what brought you here?"

Patrick's body froze up. The softness of Lillpup's tongue became cold for him. He grew shivers just thinking about his past. " Well… I am… was… a singer…"

" A singer?" Professor asked; she had her doubts about whether or not he was a real singer. Both Patrick and her blinked eyes in unison. Professor Juniper than smiled. " Please, if you truly are a singer, sing me a song."

Patrick at first was anxious. There was an old woman staring dubiously into his eyes, the sensation of tongues was against his skin, dealing with absurd conflict. However, he stood up, taking Lillipup off of him and setting her gently on the ground, and stood up; conversing his song:

Patrick: My tears are an empty drain

I shed over and over

Though I don't wait find bliss today

Nor tomorrow will cease my sorrow

My eyes must maintain their site;

I hold what I see.

No one can silence me.

I can't be absolved with my pain

I will let my voice be heard

Move me, see me, kill me

I am but a shell; I cannot stay down.

And I'll choir once more.

till the day beings once more.

There was a moment of silence between Professor Juniper and him—the song was over. Professor Juniper smiled right away. She than reached her hand out—Patrick stared into her ambitious eyes; he smiled and grabbed a hold of her.

Professor Juniper smiled, picked Patrick's arm up, and rubbed it against her right cheek, saying, " I have a proposition for you."

XXX

Ring new types of clothes. He was wearing a black shirt, gray jeans with a belt, and a red-yellow jacket. His hair was also groomed and trimmed around the edges, skin cleansed of all dirt, and bandages were patched too bruised sections of his body. To complete his outfit, he had five of the devices shrunken; Lillipup was concealed in.

Professor Juniper was in front of Patrick and holding a medium-sized backpack out for him. Patrick took the bag away, and Lillipup jumped out of it—licked him across his face.

" Ah, cut it out, Lillipup!" Patrick giggled. " That really tickles!"

Juniper smiled. " I was right. I knew there was something different about Patrick, and I was right. He strives on ambition. Here." Juniper passed a basket too Patrick. Patrick was at first surprised, however, he snatched it away. "I know you're hungry; I made you some thin sliced sandwiches and put some bottles of water inside."

Juniper started blushing—she didn't know why. Patrick graciously took the supplies away from Professor Juniper. " Thanks. Y'know, you are very kind."

Junipers blushing turned into a happy smile. She than passed Patrick a strange device. Long red parallelogram device, with an assortment of buttons all over it.

" This is a Pokedex. It'll record data on Pokemon you happen to find along your journey." Juniper embraced Patrick with a strong hug. Patrick blushed, his cheeks burned red, and he was happy. " An adventure awaits; going through a vast new world." Juniper broke out of hugging. Her cheeks were still red. " Good luck, Patrick."

XXX

Large trees surrounded Patrick and Lillipup. Lillipup kept rubbing her head against Patrick's left leg. Lillipup was infatuated by Patrick, and couldn't stop her admiring him.

" Y'know, now that you and I will be travelling together, I should probably give you a name I'll remember."

" Lillipup! Pup pup! Lillipup!" Lillipup barked happily, wagging her tail.

" Let's see… Fido?". Lillipup shaked her head; no. " Fluffy?" Lillipup shook her head; no. " How about… Lilly?"

" Pup pup!" Lilly (Lillipup) barked loudly; yes.

" Okay!" Patrick giggled boldly, pumped his fists. " I don't know much about 'Pokemon', but I really like you, Lilly! Let's get strong together!"

" Lillipup!"

Patrick picked Lilly off the ground and started running forward. Patrick and Lilly laughed with zeal; they ran forward.

" I don't know what the future holds. Even…even though there's so much I'll need to learn…I know I can do well… I just put my heart in it. Adventure, here we come, Patrick and Lilly, friends forever!"

In Sinnoh—Twinleaf Town hospital—something unexpected would befall a former Pokѐmon Champion.

Surgery was an easy task for Sinnoh's greatest doctor, Dr. P. His appearance was covered; he wore typical surgical clothing: green scrubs, green non-woven fabric face mask with straps wrapped behind his head, a green non-woven cap, and plastic green gloves.

Dr. P was the only doctor who did his surgery's alone, however, requested groups of other colleagues to assist him in the back. Dr. P at the time used a scalpel to make an incision in his patient's gall bladder.

" Wipe," Dr. P calmly requested, a nurse came up to him and wiped his face from sweat dripping down. " Thank you."

" Dr. Platinum?" Voice of a hospital co-worker said. "There's a phone call for you."

" Okay, just a second," Dr.P/Platinum replied. " J, I'm assigning you to this operation."

" As you wish," The voice of another worker said behind.

Another person wearing green scrubs and a non-woven facemask walked up to Dr. Platinum. Dr. Platinum handed him his scalpel, and then Dr. Platinum walked out the door.

XXX

Dr. Platinum could finally take his surgery clothes off. He wore a blue jacket, a neatly groomed white shirt, brown trousers, black-reddish striped sneakers, and greasy black hair. A male nurse passed Dr. Platinum a cellphone; it was wringing.

" Thanks, Jed," Dr. Platinum thanked his co-worker. Dr. Platinum raised the cellphone up to his right ear. "Hello."

" Hello," A voice said on the other end. " Are you Platinum Amekan? The world renown doctor, Platinum?"

" Yes."

" It's a pleasure to meet you. I wish we could've spoken under better circumstances."

" Why do you say that?"

" It's your friend Blue. I'm afraid… he's dead."

XXX

Patrick was reading a small red pocketbook on Pokѐmon Professor Juniper gave to him. Meanwhile, Lilly his pet Lillipup was fending off all incoming Pokѐmon with her tackling: Patrat's, Pidove's, and Blitzle's.

Lilly encountered a wild Sewaddle. Sewaddle is a caterpillar-like Pokémon, with a broad, apparently bitten leaf enfolding its head. Its large, spherical head is a pale shade of tan, with two sensory knobs higher up on it. Sewaddle's eyes are dark and circular, with a crescent-shaped, toothed orange snout, and the underside of its face and neck is white. The rest of Sewaddle's body is segmented and green, with three rows of stubby, spherical orange legs.

" Lillipup!" Lilly barked. " Pup pup!"

" Lilly, sheesh!" Patrick toned, his mind was on his book. " I have to read this." Patrick returned his attention to his book, and flipped to the next page. " Let's see… Pokeball: A type of item that is critical to a Trainer's quest. Used for catching and storing Pokѐmon. Pokeball's are ubiquitous in the modern Pokѐmon world. Up to six Pokѐmon can be carried with a Trainer in Pokeball's, while any number of other Pokeball's can be held in their bags for later use.

Patrick raised his head away from his book. He saw Lilly in her scuffle, and saw her standing over the defeated Sewaddle.

" Pup pup!"

" I don't speak Pokѐmon," Patrick laughed. " But I can see you're exerting your win." Patrick flinched. " Wait a minute!" Patrick took his bag out and started unzipping it. " When a Pokѐmon is weakened: the Trainer has a CHANCE to capture it! I've gotta get me—hold up…"

" Lillipup?"

Patrick walked up to Lilly and the injured Sewaddle. Patrick lifted the Sewaddle up, and he noticed a black X on its head.

" Sewaddle!" A female's voice called. " Sewaddle, where are you?" Another Trainer appeared infront of Patrick and Lilly. The Trainer was really a nurse, she had long brown hair braided into a ponytail, she was wearing a pink uniform and cap, and she carried a first-aid kit. " Oh, there you are, Sewaddle, you silly larvae."

Patrick's cheeks were blushing. Patrick had always had a soft spot near women and was timid around them; he was theoretically afraid of them.

" Ah, sorry I hurt your dear Sewaddle, ma'am," Patrick synthesized, his voice was choked up by her presence.

" It's okay," The woman giggled flamboyantly. " My Sewaddle's always been a rouse. But I'm glad he's okay." The nurse stared calmly into Patrick's eyes; she was making his heart beat faster. " And I have you to thank for it."

The nurse walked up and pecked Patrick's right cheek with her moist lips. Patrick's body was numb. He couldn't move, he was too entranced by the nurse's aroma, and was disappointed when she picked her Sewaddle up and walked away.

" That was… almost my first kiss…" Patrick mumbled.

" Lillipup!" Lilly laughed.

Patrick's face was burning bright red. He refocused on Lilly, and saw her laughing gently.

" What?!" Patrick retorted. " There's nothing between us!" Lilly raised her left eyebrow up and had a broad smile still on her face; she didn't believe her Trainer. " Man, you're gonna be a handful."

XXX

Green was an instructor for choir. She was a woman in her thirties, had slightly tanned skin, two black wristbands, long brown hair, and blue eyes. She wore a plain blue shirt ( her breasts stick out), a bright red skirt, long blue shoes on her legs, red sneakers, and a small white hat with a red semi-circle on it. Her job was enjoyable and paid her taxes. She also enjoyed the kids she worked with. At the time the kids were lined up on green benches and instructed to sing:

Pokémon are our friends!

We will always be together!

Friends forever 'n' ever!

Chorus: Everywhere we go!

We use the best of what we know!

Move side by side!

No battles lost! Two battles won-

" Okay, let's stop there!" Green interrupted her students. " Good work too day everyone. Natalie, your voice was hard to hear this morning. Frank, I told you not to eat before performing! Ethan, god dammit, what did I say about smoking!? Everyone else, you were great."

All performers walked down from the bench. Green took a chair from her pile in the backrow, and then she sat down. Green had an album in her hand. Green opened it up and looked at its pictures. The first page showed a wedding between Green and a black haired man. The second page showed her in a hospital bed as the same man cradled a small baby in his hands. She skidded through the pages—she stopped at one where she was hiking with a 10 yr. old boy.

" Those were some good times,"

" Mrs. Touega," A female voice said.

" Yes?"

" I have urgent news. Your husband's friend Blue…he… he's dead."

XXX

Patrick was back reading his Pokѐmon Guidebook against a tree, and Lilly was battling any Pokѐmon heading her Trainers way.

" Lilly, could you please keep it down?" Patrick said. " I think I am getting close to understanding this, but I need your support." Patrick looked back to the pages of his book, and then he flipped to the next page. " Potions: An item that can restore a Pokѐmon's status problems ; can be bought at Poke Marts." Patrick flipped to the next page. Types: There are 17 total types of Pokѐmon: Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Steel, Dark, Dragon, Ghost, Rock, Bug, Flying, Ground, Poison, Fighting, and Electric. "

"Druddigon, stand by for battle!" A voice shouted.

" Krookodile, lets show him what we've got!" Another voice shouted.

" What the hell was that?" Patrick said taking his attention away from his book." Better check it out." Patrick found Lilly growling on the ground. Patrick picked her up and held her in his arms. " Lilly, let's see what all the ruckus is."

XXX

Two Trainers were battling in a deserted field. They were across from each other. The one on the left had a short Mohawk of dark purple hair, maroon eyes, and was abnormally thin. He was wearing a brown sweater, white pants, blue boots, a blue long scarf around his neck, with a black cape around his neck. The one on the right was a teenager like the one on the left, had long navy brown hair that shone like silk sheets. Its length ran to mid back and tied with a lavender ribbon. His skin was milky white. His legs were long and elegant. He was fashioned in simple blackflares; shiny black shoes and a long sleeved white shirt that showed of a small portion of his midriff with a neck hole so large it hung over one shoulder.

The one with the blue cape had a Dragon-type Pokѐmon in front of him. A large, blue, hunchbacked, reptilian creature with medium-sized wings shaped like thistle leaves. It has a set of glaring, ferocious pale yellow irises. Its arms are longer than its legs, giving it a low-slung, sloping gait. It has a thick, medium-length tail and sharp claws on both the hands and feet. Its head is colored bright red, and has several blunt horns and spikes jutting out everywhere. It also has tall, conical spikes—similarly colored red; three on each arm, one on each shoulder, two on each leg, and four on its tail. It has a blunt, brutal snout, bearing a maw with no discernible teeth; instead, small fang-like protrusions sprout from its jaws. It has a series of olive-colored, football-shaped scutes running across its belly.

The one on the right had a Ground-type Pokѐmon a large terracotta-colored crocodile. It has gray-black stripes around its stomach, arms, tail, and snout. Each foot is black and has three claws. Its hands have three fingers that end in a claw on each digit. Around its eyes, there is a black area resembling a bandit's mask.

" I ain't going easy on you just 'cause we're friends, Louis!" The man wearing a blue cape said snidely.

"That's cool, became I am going easy either, Jake!" The man with the milky white skin said snidely.

" BEGIN!" Both shouted in unison.

" Krookodile!" The terracoated crocodile Pokѐmon shouted.

" Druddigon!" the blue hunchedbacked Pokѐmon shouted.

XXX

Patrick and Lilly watched the two Trainers battle behind small bushes. Patrick—the curious boy he was—he wanted his stimuli to experience a Pokѐmon Battle before starting his own.

" Wow!" Patrick thought outloud. " These guys. They look so happy together. Is this the excitement of a Pokѐmon Battle?

XXX

" Krookodile, use Stone Edge!"

" Druddigon, you use Dragon Pulse!"

Krookodile's body became surrounded in white light. The white light then came off Krookodile's body and formed into two rings of white pointed energy orbs that orbited around his body. The light soon faded around the orbs and formed into multiple gray rocks. Krookodile then fired the rocks at his opponent.

Druddigon formed a ball of orange flames inside its mouth. He soon fired a beam of orange flames from his mouth at Krookodile.

Neither attack went through. The rocks were burned away by the flames, and the flames died down by the dirt around the rocks.

Both Trainers looked into each other's eyes and laughed.

XXX

" Damn, they're so happy. Why can't I be like them? Is it because I am Patrick "

XXX

" Krookodile, hit'em with Crush Claw!"

Druddigion, use Dragon Claw!"

Krookodile's claw glowed blue-white. It then dashed towards its opponent.

Both of Druddigion's claws glowed light blue and it also dashed towards its opponent.

XXX

Patrick awed both Pokѐmon. His eyes ogled both Pokѐmon's glowing arms, how fast they moved, and sheer determination.

" Wow, this is great, Lilly! So, this is what Pokѐmon Battles feel like? It's incredible! Wouldn't you agree, Lil-Lilly? Lily, where are you?"

XXX

Krookodile and Druddigon slashed their claws against each other. Blue sparks came out as their claws clashed. Jake and Louis both were ecstatic. Both Trainers were sweating; they were overexcited, and had wide grins on their faces.

" Looks like we're still evenly matched, Jake!" Louis laughed, had his hands on his hips.

" Guess we're both a little rusty, Louis!" Jake also laughed. It has been awhile since our last Pokѐmon dispute."

" And yet our last Pokѐmon our wearing to go!"

Both Pokѐmon showed off their wide smiles as their claws both climaxed—tips of their claws glowing bright blue—the thrill of their palatable battle. However, both Krookodile and Druddigon were bashed on their heads, a small creature jumped up out of nowhere and smacked into Krookodile and Druddigon's heads; the two Pokѐmon collapsed.

" WHAT!?" Jake and Louis unison in anger.

The Pokѐmon showed itself. Jake and Louis recognized it as an ordinary Lillipup. Both Trainers were riled up by seeing their two Pokѐmon trounced by a puny Pokѐmon.

" Lilly!" A high pitched voice shouted. " Look at what you did, Lilly!"

Jake and Louis saw a boy run up to the lone Lillypup. He was wearing a blackshirt and a red-yellow jacket. His hair was also groomed and trimmed around the edges, while they both stared into his gray eyes.

" Hey, you ruined our training!" Jake bellowed.

" Get lost!" Louis bellowed.

Both Jake and Louis were surprised by the boy's pristine appearance; he sheepishly rubbed his head and picked his Lillipup up.

" I'm so sorry to intrude with your battling. It's just…Lilly can be a little…what's the word, anomalous, is it?"

Jake and Louis surrounded the asinine person. The person himself was traumatized by how they both glared at him. Jake and Louis reached into their pockets and took out their pokeballs out and sucked their Pokѐmon in beams of red light. Both Jake and Louis than clipped their pokeballs on their belts.

" Look, kid, I am telling you this for your own good," Jake said. " If you can't train your Pokѐmon properly: you are not cut out to be a Pokѐmon Trainer."

" Jake does have a point," Louis said. " A Trainer who can't control his Pokѐmon isn't really a Trainer. You won't get far if you spoil your Pokѐmon."

Patrick was burdened with great sorrow. He sighed, moping, rubbed Lilly's head, then kissed her forehead. Patrick smiled shyly, Lilly rubbed her furry head against his head and kicked him with her soft pink tongue, as Patrick rubbed her fur with his arm.

" I'm sorry I wasn't more thorough with Lilly. But you as Trainers must understand the crux of being a Trainer. There's so much to study, so much to do, so many obstacles, it's just an endless road of austerity." Patrick set Lilly down—wanted to show a demonstration—showed Lilly freely rubbing her head against Patrick's leg. " But as long as I'll never give up on Lilly. I'll train here, raise her, treat her well and hope she grows with strong affections."

Jake and Louis were examining the bond between the boy and his Pokѐmon. Their deduction: they were naive to battling, were both squeamish, yet shared by a very powerful friendship. Jake smiled, Louis smiled, they both grinned broadly.

" You're pretty stupid," Jake remarked.

" But you've got heart," Louis retoreted.

" My name is Jake Tyouga."

" And I am Louis Robinson."

" How would you like something to eat?"

XXX

Aspertia City—most well-respected city in all of Unova.

Aspertia City tavern—most well rundown place of all. It was in that tavern that Black Hyuogma was having a bottle of gin. He was barely over 18. He was wearing a blue jacket and black jeans. He had blue-whitish sneakers. He wore a red cap with a pokeball on it—hiding away his short brown hair. His red eyes glowed under the bars light.

" Hey, bartender, get me another glass," Black hooted.

A young man running the counter appeared infront of Black. The bartender took Black's bottle away.

" Don't you think you've had enough?" The bartender said.

" Look, I am champion of the Unova league. I want something, you bring it to me."

Black and the bartender were having their staring moment; booze. The bartender gave in, took Black's gin bottle away, and gave him a new one, but not before opening it up and chugging some down, as the bartender gave what remained to Black.

" Enjoy, jackass."

Black went into sundry events ever since he defeated N and won the Elite Four. There was hardly anything that fervent Black. He had no job, no money, and nothing better to do with his time. He would waste away in an eon of prolong abyss.

" Hey!" A figure shouted. " Are you Black?"

Black picked up what remained of his bottle of gin and gurgled it's alcoholic liquids. Black then put his bottle down, picked a dirty napkin up, and wiped the liquids away. Black looked too the person staring at him. A large and bulky man, one would quickly be intimidated by his stature alone, with several scars across his body. He was wearing a pair of black shorts and a black vest.

" What's it to ya, ya big lug?"

" I challenge you to a Pokѐmon battle!"

XXX

Black and the sturdy man were standing outside the tavern. Both Trainer's had one pokeball out and were steadily keeping it in a still position.

The bartender acted as a referee. He was really waiting until the battle was over, could get his money Black owed him, but needed to keep an eye on him first.

" This match will be between Rex (sturdy man) of Black City and reigning champion Black from Nuvema Town. BEGIN!"

" Seismitoad, let's go!"

Rex the sturdy man's pokeball fell on the ground. The button on it unsealed and Pokѐmon Seismitoad came out.

A bulky, froglike, dual-type Water- and Ground-type Pokémon, primarily blue in coloration with a lighter cyan underside that is rimmed with black on its belly. Speaker-like bumps, with cyan centers and black circles around them, are present on various parts of its body such as its head, shoulders, and hands. The hands of Seismitoad have three bulbous digits, as do its toes. Seismitoad also had red eyes and cyan adornments on their legs.

" How do you like my Seismitoad, champ!" Rex vociferated. " He's beaten countless Pokѐmon. He's the strongest in my party, and has never let me down.

" He is very impressive," Black said nonchantly. " But I think my Lance can take him on. Lance, let's go!"

Black threw his pokeball on the ground and a new Pokѐmon came out. His Pokѐmon is a quadruped, blue sea lion-like Pokémon. Long, white whiskers extend from its snout and head, and on the back of its head is a large, rounded beige helmet-like shell with spikes and a spear-like, pointed protrusion in the front. Its underbelly is covered by a dull bluish gray seashell-like carapace, and its limbs are covered with beige, sectioned bracer-like coverings, looking as if comprised of seashells with the forelimb bracers lower two segments of these bracers are the scabbards for the two swords. The upper segment and spike make up the seamitar and its handle. A fin-like, splayed tail with the innermost section being beige like the seashell-like portions of its body.

" Samurott!" Lance Black's Pokémon roared.

Rex and Seismitoad were timorously gawked by Black's Pokémon. " Seis-mi-toad, a-attack, Up-roar!"

Seismitoad followed Rex's orders. Seismitoad yells out and stomps around, making blue sound waves come out of its mouth at the opponent Black's Pokémon was hit by the sound wave, it deflected off, his Pokémon was unfazed.

" Sorry, but Lance has gone through too much training to be hurt by the likes of you. Now, it's my turn to attack. Lance, Aerial Ace!"

Lance jumped up with a high burst of speed with a clear aura around it, and hit his opponent. Seimitoad collapsed. There was a hint his eyes were twirling.

" Seismitoad is unable to battle. The winner is Lance and his prick Trainer Black."

Black walked up to his Pokѐmon and passionately rubbed his beige helmet.

" You were great out there, Lance. Have a nice-long rest."

Black took his pokeball out and sucked him in with a beam of red light. Black then made way up to Rex, his defeated Pokѐmon Seismitoad, and how Rex blubbered tears on him.

" Why?!" Rex bemoaned. " I was always the best Trainer in Black City! So why was I beaten by this kid!?"

Black walked up to Rex, and then kicked him in his face. Rex fell back and crashed on the ground. Black stared down at him, his eyes glaring at him, as he had a bottle of gin in his free hand.

" You are a nimcompoop. Of course you can't stop me. You don't have the certitude; you cannot defeat me." Black another bottle of gin out, swished it around, and then passed it to Rex. "It's like I always say: being sobers a bitch. Tap a sip, but not a glass, let the tension mellow down."

Rex was skeptical about grabbing Black's glass. But soon took it away and had a sip. Rex's anxiousness disappeared—he was happy. Rex's moods passed onto Black; he smiled as well.

" Mr. Hyuogma!" Someone shouted. " I have important matters to discuss!"

Patrick was quiet. He didn't usher a sound as he ate solemnly with Lilly and the two pro trainers Jake Tyouga and Louis Robinson. The food was shrimp, inside a bento, and was eaten using chopsticks.

" This is so uncomfortable," Patrick thought. " I know they invited me to eat with them, but I'm too afraid of these two to eat."

Patrick awoke from his trance from the feeling of Lilly snuggling on his lap. She curled up in his lap and wagged her tail—and in Patrick's face. Patrick wasn't angry of Lilly's tail being in his face.

" So that things your Pokémon?" The trainer Jake asked. " Is it like your first Pokémon or something?"

" Yes sir," Patrick said gloomy as he stared away from both Trainers.

" Look him in the eyes when you're talking to him, you," Louis the friend of Jake said in a stern tone.

The sternness in Louis's voice made Patrick's cheeks tinted red. Of course, anyone else would've been uneasy being in Patrick's position. It wasn't entirely his fault he was scared, in fact, the eyes of the pro trainers were grim enough to scare a full grown Dragonite; Patrick read about them in a book.

" Hey kid, are you playing on taking the Pokémon League?" Jake asked.

" What's the Pokémon League?"

" You don't know what that is? Typical rookie trainer. Well, the Pokémon League is one of the biggest events in history, next to the Pokémon Battle Frontier."

" Don't listen to that fool Jake, kid. The Pokémon League is far better than the Pokémon Frontier. He's just mad because he needed to use his own Pokémon in the Pokémon League."

" Hey, I beat a Pokémon Brain didn't I?"

" Yes, but only because he had a dentist appointment during that day and let you pass automatically. Let's not forget you couldn't beat any other of the six Brains."

" Shut up!"

" So these Pokémon Brains are supposed to be very powerful opponents?"

" Powerful opponents? Son, they're probably the toughest bunch of ass whoopers you're ever going to meet. I mean, we've had our first Pokémon when we were eight years old, been training and studying for over twelve years, but even we weren't able to withstand the blunder of facing Brains like those."

" And we aren't just a sap of weaklings who were thinking more about our vigor when we were fighting. If you checked the Pokémon League records, you'd find us in the top five. So think about that if you decide to take on the Pokémon League, kid."

Feeling very shameful for himself, Patrick was extremely bashful. His red hair cascaded in his eyes as he stood up and properly bowed his head to leave. The people who were near him were talking about a thing Patrick wanted nothing of—he had no comprehension of anything they were saying: Pokémon League, Pokémon Frontier, Brains, or top five in the Pokémon League books. Patrick knew deep in his mind he needed to leave them as he solemnly began to leave, and held onto Lilly as she slept snuggly in his arms.

" Thank you for the meal. It' the best I've had in a long time. But I really must be go—"

" Sit your ass back down," Louis said in a mellow yet stern voice. Patrick collapsed from the shrillness in Louis's voice. " You're not leaving yet. Jake, why don't you give our friend a little present."

" On it." Jake walked away. It was only Patrick and Louis left sitting. Patrick felt a drop of sweat drip from his face as he was scared by the intimidating stature of Louis. Louis's eyes were another story. They were eerie enough to make anyone scared; the glimmer of them were like a Gyarados's eyes underwater, which Patrick also read in a book.

" So… how many years did it take for you too become so…you?"

" Five."

" Five, eh? Neato. I'm sure I'll never hone the skills you've received. I'll always be old, wimpy Patrick."

" Why don't you shut the hell up before I take my Krokodile out, and have him chomp your face off. I'm the judge of whether you'll become a great Pokémon Trainer or not, and I say you should give yourself some spunk before you sound like a whining old bitch."

" Um, whatever I said to make you angry I'm sorry."

" What did I say about being a whiny old bitch? If you don't have any spunk, then how do you expect your Pokémon are going to listen to you? I'm sorry if I'm sounding a little harsh, but even the meekest of trainers know when to raise their voice."

" I'm back," Jake said to Patrick and Louis. " And looky what I've got with me."

What Patrick saw in Jake's hands was a mysterious to him—he never saw it before, but it looked like an egg. The egg was small, blue, and a crest-like formation of three thick grey ridges was on the top of it. Jake walked over to Patrick and handed him the egg.

" What is this?" Patrick asked as he felt the dexterity of the egg.

" It's a Pokémon egg, dummy," Louis scoffed. "Me and Jake found that thing in the glades of Lostlorn Forest. We both have our team set, so we have no use for that Pokémon. But we think a rookie like you would be able to raise it."

" Really? You are really giving me this Pokémon egg? Just a second…" Patrick took out his small Pokémon notebook. Thinking submissively about the egg, Patrick flipped through pages of his small book. Jake and Louis were both awestrucked by Patrick reading his book.

" Man, we didn't know you were into that reading and shit. That's some fine ass skill you've got there. Congratulations. "

Patrick's cheeks tinted red as he sheepishly hide his face under the book. " Um, I'm sorry, but did you just compliment me for reading."

" Yeah. Me and Jake never had the time to read, not many Pokémon Trainers do have the time to read when they're training their Pokémon, but it's nice to know some of us have the talent. And it would be an honor for you to hold on to that egg."

Patrick was taken aback to see Jake and Louis smiling. Their demeanor was one of surety and ambition. Patrick felt they were lenient on them, and it made Patrick smile from their warm smiles.

" Could I possibly have true…friends?"

" HELP!"

Patrick raised an eyebrow; Jake and Louis didn't seem to hear the voice. There was little emotion in either of their faces; perhaps they were hiding their true feelings.

" Guys…did you hear something?"

"What?" Both Jake and Louis said in unison.

" I didn't hear anything. Did you hear anything, Louis?"

" Nada. The only thing I heard was your annoying voice."

" Geez, thanks for the memo, dick."

Patrick couldn't hide his persona of anguish. The undercurrent of a voice was inside Patrick's head made him uncertain of what to say—he had not made up his mind of what to do. The dispute of him hearing the voice and Jake and Louis was a strange paranormal on him.

" I'm sorry but…I-I…I got to go!"

Patrick with Lilly still snuggled in his hands and the Pokémon egg nestled beside Lilly. Patrick ran the other way of Jake and Louis. Patrick felt a pang of guilt; the fact that a strange occurrence had happened was irksome to him. However, the needs of others were more important to him than the needs of the few—two Pokémon trainers didn't matter to him.

" He sure is a strange one, Louis."

" Yes, but I'm curious. We should follow him and just see his powers for ourselves."

XXX

Platinum, Green and Black all stared down at what was once their living friend Blue. At first glance he appeared sleeping, but his skin was so pale and transparent the bed sheets of the casket he was on, and across his face was a large scar ripped in his abdomen.

Standing above the open casket was a surgeon. A regular light brown haired surgeon in a white uniform with a scalpel stained with blood in his hands. The doctors' weary eyes and depressed face made the trio of friends cry over their deceased friends' casket.

" I hate to say this, but I'll need you to identify this body," the doctor said with sadness in his voice. " Is this really your friend Blue?"

Green and Platinum were too busy weeping their eyes to answer the doctor, but Black was somber enough to get used to his pain, said, " Yes."

" I'm sorry for your loose. But his body has been found dead for nearly three years. Did he do anything that made you dismiss his absence?"

" A few years ago he decided to take trip around all the regions!" Green cried. " M-my husband Red tried to stop him, but Blue rejected him and left on his own. I just assumed he settled down!"

" I see. When we found him, we found his death was from asphyxiated. As you might know, asphyxiate is when you lose lack of oxygen. Some type of gas we assumed was lachrymatory gas. It clogged his lungs, asphyxiating him, and he died no second sooner."

"That's awful!" Platinum cried. " Who would do such a thing too our friend?"

" I'm afraid I have no idea. But I do know a good detective. He should be here soon. But until then, I'll leave you three alone."

Watching silently, Black, Platinum, and Green watched as the doctor walked away from them and exited through the door of his surgery room. Black, Platinum and Green were left to wallow in grief over Blue's passing, cried. But Platinum and Green were the one one's crying, where Black just growled.

" Stupid Blue! What type of idiot would just let their life end from another's hands?"

" Black!" Platinum shouted as Green sobbed in his chest. " Where's your rapport of sympathy? Blue was a friend to all of us, so why are you being so cold?"

" What does it matter to you anyways? Blue was reckless and stupid. It's not my fault he tripped on a landmine."

" Shut up!" Green shouted as tears dripped from her eyes. "Blue may've been somewhat impulsive, but he'd never go that far to lose his life! I don't want you to say another bad word about Blue, Black!"

Black glared at Green and Green glared back at him. As they both were glaring, the image of tears dripped from Green's eyes. Her eyes glistened and she felt weak at the knees. Platinum found it captivating how he could just stand ideally by as both his friends were discord amongst each other.

" Excuse me," a man said. " I heard there was a Mr. Black and Platinum, and a Mrs. Green."

Black, Platinum and Green turned their heads to where the voice was coming from. A tall and muscular man with shoulder-length reddish orange hair, which is kept slicked back, and some stubble around his mouth and on his chin. The man wore a long sleeved over-coat and a pair of beige pants.

" Who the fuck are you?" Black said with a grim tone.

" Ah, pardon my rudeness, Mr. Black. My name is Detective Kanobara. I'm here in regard to your friends' unfortunate passing."

XXX

Patrick ran as fast as he could to find the voice of the screaming voice. Patrick made a noise through his mouth, breathing heavily from his mouth as his face was red. Still holding Lilly and the blue egg, and Lilly as calm as before—perhaps more so—Patrick could hear snoring from the Pokémon's mouth.

"Sure, you can sleep your night away," Patrick thought holding the calm Pokémon. Lilly then nudged her head in Patrick's abdomen. Patrick smiled at the young Lillipup as she slept cozily in his arms. " You're pretty cute when you're asleep. I only wish I had half your bashfulness so I could be braver."

" HELP!"

Still having Lilly and his egg nestled in his hands, Patrick looked up and saw what looked like three blurry object. Then the Pokémon's rampage slowed down and Patrick could visibly see the three objects. Patrick could make out the first one as a young, teenage girl with a slender build and who's height was as tall as Patrick's. She sports blue hair with the top cut short and the bottom longer with a colorful bandana around her head. Her eyes were the color of the ocean, aqua dark blue, and they twinkled as she ran away. Despite being short, her hair was also wavy and glossy. She wore a blue tank top with red shorts.

" Wow, she's so pretty," Patrick thought flustered by the girl.

Around her waist Patrick could spot the small ball Pokémon Azurill. Azurill's body was blue as its skin was creamy. Due to it being small, its tail behind it seemed to be large and long with black zigzags connecting it. Its cheeks were pink and it had eyes that were completely black. Azurill had its tail around the girl's body and screamed at the top of its lungs.

" An Azurill? But I thought they were only Unova Pokemon in the Unova Region. Did this one migrate here?"

And there was a Pokémon behind them that was chasing them. The Pokémon that was chasing them was Scolipede the centipede-like Pokémon. Scolipede has a purple body with purple rings spaced evenly along its segmented upper body. It had horns from its head that resembled an antennae, long and slightly twisted. It had stubby four pairs of purple-tipped forelegs. Its legs further down its body were longer with curved black patterns and black tipping on the extremities of the limbs.

Patrick quickly pulled out his pokedex and an image of the giant light purple bug showed up. Scolipede: The Megepede Pokémon. With quick movements, it chases down its foes, attacking relentlessly with its horns until it prevails.

Then the image flashed and a picture of the round blue mouse showed up. Azurill: The Polka Dot Pokémon. It swings its large, nutrient-filled tail around to fight opponents bigger than itself.

" I have to help them!" Patrick ran over to a hollow tree and laid Lilly and the blue egg down. Patrick would be dependent on Lilly for her virtue and strength—if—Lilly was too busy sleeping even if she awakened her vitality wouldn't even faze the giant Bug-type Pokémon. Patrick however for reasons beyond his comprehensions was bold and daring enough to fight the Pokémon without Lilly.

Before running away, Patrick stopped and turned his head to Lilly, smiled. " Don't you worry about a thing. I'll be right back. I promise you."

Patrick without a thought in his head ran towards the Scolipede. Little did he know, Lilly was half-awake, her ears twitching at the sound of Patrick's voice, as she then smiled.

XXX

" So none of you have any information regarding who wanted revenge on your dear friend? It pains me to say that a DA test will take several days before they can have a lead. But I'd rather know if any of you had something you'd wish to tell me."

Detective Kanobara was a hard man to put up with. Black, Green and Platinum couldn't stand being around him. The very stench of his coat scared Green and Platinum. Black however wasn't the least bit frightened as he simply shrugged and crossed his arms.

" Yeah, me and him had a Pokémon battle before he left," Black said with his arms still crossed. " For some reason he seemed space out and couldn't even concentrate. I just assumed he was just delusional from the heat or had a migraine. But when I asked him what his problem was, the creep just blew me off saying 'it's none of your business'."

" I see. Do any more or you wish to say something?"

" I do," Platinum said raising his arm. " I used to practice medicine when I was studying to be a doctor. Blue used to get injured a lot and came to me. Before he left, I bandaged his skin. Usually when he came he'd have two or three scratches, but as I looked at his chest there wasn't a single space not scratched. I just presumed he fell off a sharp rock or was hit by a Pokémon, but he snapped and told me it was none-of-my-business when I asked him about them."

" I see. And what about you, Mrs. Green? Did Blue come to say anything to you before he left?"

" No. I had choir practice that day. But my husband Red told me that Blue visited him before the day he departed. I just thought they were having a rivalry battle just like the good O days." Green laughed to herself thinking about Red and Blue battling. Her laughter distracted Platinum and Black as it was a first time hearing her. " Red and Blue were rivals ever since they were ten. They used to fight over who'd become a Pokémon Master, who'd have the best Pokémon team, even who'd have the most Pokémon. I just wish they'd fight over me for once in their lives. Sadly, it was me who had to pick one of those knuckleheads out for myself. It just happened to be my cutie pie Red. Do you want to know how I got that blockhead to notice me?"

" I'd rather not. I'm more intrigued of your husband. How was he after meeting Blue?"

" Honestly, he was an absolute wreck. He didn't want to talk to me, didn't eat anything, and wanted to sleep on a separate bed instead of with me. He was like that for two whole weeks, and at that time I contemplated whether or not I should get a divorce and find someone else. But on the fifteenth day, Ooh, he kissed me so much and caressed my body like a—"

" Woah, that's a little too much information!" Black interrupted. " Skip your love-dovey moment and talk about the case, shrew."

" Hmph. Fine. After we made up, Red told me he had to go somewhere, I don't remember where exactly, and he wouldn't be back for three days. He was gone, I thought he wouldn't come back, but after the third day he came back."

" And what did you do during those three days of his absence? Were you worried about what your husband was doing?"

" Nah. I just got bored really easy and tried finding some way to amuse myself. I got into drinking contests, took up running, and even started watching sappy soap operas where other Pokémon fall in love with each other. It was so boring; all I wanted to do was sleep."

" And what was your husband like when he came back. Did he seem any different?"

" It was pretty so an so. He did seem tired, but not like he was injured but there was no turmoil between us. He told me right away he heard reports that Blue was found somewhere I can't remember, but found out Blue left when he got there. Red must've searched the entire island just to find Blue. Some said Blue had alienating people there from ever getting close to him. Red said some thought of him as a demon. But that's all. Nothing else happened after that."

Green stirred her eyes up and peered into Detective Kanobara's cold eyes. His eyes were so concave and seemed eerie. The sight of his eyes made Green grimace and flinch. The same could be said for Platinum as he couldn`t move his muscles either. Black however just jeered at the detective, then smirked.

`` So your supposed to be some big shot detective, eh? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard."
" And why may I ask is that funny, Mr. Black?"

" I just think your whole ego's nothing like a detective. Your too calm and diligent about your work. The detective's I know our rebellious and rogue."

" And would those types of detectives happen to come from a TV show, Mr. Black?" Green smirked making her best impression of Detective Kanobara.

" No one asked you, bitch! Now, what are you going to do when you find the person responsible for killing our friend, Mr. Detective?"

" Whoever said your friend was murdered? I'm just here as an auxiliary detective. I heard you were in grief so I decided to comfort you in your time of woe. Is that too hard for you to believe?"

Black and Detective Kanobara were staring into each other's eyes. It was strange how Detective Kanobara smiled grimly as he stared into Blacks' eyes; the same smile that had caught him off-guard—the smile of a jackal. The door to the room than opened and Black could hear a voice:

" Detective, I'm afraid you'll have to go. Your needed back at the station."

" Well, duty calls. I'm afraid I have to go. I hope we can meet all of you again. Especially you, Mr. Black. I found your negligence to be amusing."

Right before Detective Kanobara left, Black had one last thought; he'd met Detective Kanobara twice, and maybe he'd meet him again—at least they'll be on equal terms. Detective Kanobara opened the door to the room and closed it shut behind him.

" I sense a disturbance in the force," Black said while staring at the door.

" A bad feeling you have, hmm?" Platinum jeered with a broad smile on his face. The enthusiasm in Platinum's voice made Green laugh out loud. Black however was too deep in thought to hear either Platinum or Green's voice, and pondered.

" I think you and me will meet again, Mr. Detective. I'll make sure of it."

The blue haired girl was in a panic. She tried outrunning the wild Scolipede behind her with a wailing Azurill in her hands, but to no avail was she able to outrun the centipede-like Pokémon's speed. She could feel the noisome smell of Scolipede's poisonous breath peeling the hair on the back of her neck.

" This is all this stupid Azurill's fault," the girl thought as she was running. " It had to broil this stupid Scolipede. If I wasn't such a gentle lady, and pretty if I might add, I'd just leave this nuisance behind."

The upheaval of a stump sticking out the ground was the girls' paradox transgression. She tripped on the stump and collapsed on the ground. Azurill then hopped out of the girl's arm, but bit its teeth in the girl's bandana around her head and tried pulling her away—the girl sacrificed so much for it, so Azurill dedicated itself to save her. However, Azurill didn't have the strength to push a pebble; much less pull a 121 pound girl.

" Scolipede!" The wild Scolipede shouted behind Azurill and the blue haired girl. The shrill sound of the wild centipede-like Pokémon vexed the girl and terrified the puny Azurill.

" Is this how I'm going to die?" The girl groveled after feeling the shrill voice of Scolipede. She was limp, lethargic, unable to move; didn't even have enough muscles to wiggle her fingers. " I can't die now. There's so much I haven't done yet. I haven't even found a boyfriend yet. "

However, there may've not been time for her to find one. As she stared up, saw the bloodcurdling Scolipede's radiant, beady yellow eyes staring down at her, and could only gasp as it thrashed its tail at her.

" STOP!" The voice of a young boy shouted.

" W-wha…what?"

It was right as the tip of Scolipede's tail was near her throat, expanding, the girl saw her one glimmer of hope. The person who shouted was behind the Scolipede, fatigued and sweating everywhere in his bodies pores. The girl had never been so relieved yet so embarrassed seeing a man; he came before her death bed.

" Just you—ack-wait and I'll-ack-take care of…."

" This guy is so uncool."

Patrick's legs were wobbly and his head was feeling nauseous. Patrick would've collapsed from his fatigue. Patrick was used too feeling deprived, from his body and not just his wealth, but the pain Patrick was feeling was too excruciating for him too sympathize.

The Scolipede took an interest with Patrick as it moved over to him. Using it's antennas, the Scolipede probed Patrick and checked his belongs: map, pokeballs, pokedex, Potion, and slightly opened energy bars. Seeing no useful valuable aspects in him, the Scolipede returned its attention to the girl, but stopped after feeling a slight tug on its leg.

" Don't-hurt-her," Patrick said in an aggressive yet calm tone.

The Scolipede however wasn't mused by Patrick's fanatic, gentle heroics. Swaying its tail, lifting it off the ground, the grown Scolipede attempted to pry Patrick of its tail. Instead of falling off, Patrick simply latched onto the Scolipede's tail and squeezed it like a child would hug its teddy bear.

The girl couldn't help but marvel at Patrick's brave heroics. Her eyes twinkled as he continued to squeeze it; his arms were like sap glued onto the bark of a tree, and she was simply awestrucked watching him.

Patrick had been able to brute use force, but he was squeamish by the foul odor of poisonous gas seeping out from the Scolipede's tail. As he was rapt by the sting of Scolipede's nasty odor, his eyes and ears stinging like a Beedrill stinged them both, he was vulnerable and was launched into the tree where the blue haired girl and the Azurill were resting.

" Ahhhhhh!" The blue haired girl screamed as Patrick landed on top of her.

Patrick was cushioned from his fall by landing on the girls' chest—too bad he landed on her chest. The first thing Patrick's arms felt were the girls' breasts. They were squishy, soft, and rapturing. Patrick shuddered at the feel, latched off, and gave his most sincere apology. He knelled down, his hands touching the ground with his head between his arms like a stray Mightyena, and tears trickling from his eyes like a Weepinbell.

" I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

The girl however wasn't so forgiven. Her cheeks were tinted red from her embarrassment, tried guising by being seemingly angry, but she was so embarrassed she couldn't even stand looking into Patrick's gelid yet kind eyes.

" You shouldn't have come here, idiot," the girl said in a cold, saucy voice. " Now he's going to kill both of us."

Patrick had enough groveling and stood up. Acting like a gentlemen, repenting for his vile acts, Patrick smiled and raised a friendly hand out for the girl to grab. " Let's be friends."

The girl however smacked Patrick's hand away. The pain was short, livid and had hit Patrick's dorsal metacarpal; the dorsal venous arch of his hand. What was most chilling to Patrick was her furious eyes staring into Patrick's indignant eyes—the eyes of a woman intending to kill.

Just as Patrick was sure the girl would kill him, a petite blue creature bounced off her, jumped in the air and was caught by Patrick. In Patrick's arms, the creature seemed elated to be in Patrick's arms and curled up like a Cyndaquil resting by a fire.

" Your Pokémon seems to be very tired," Patrick said while cradling the petite Azurill. " Has it been eating well?"

"Beats me. It's not my Pokémon; it's some wild Pokémon that I found wandering around in the forest. You can catch it if you want; I don't want it." The atmosphere became cold for Patrick again as the girl gave him another Evil Eye. " But I don't know if it would like a perverted Trainer like YOU!

"OI. She really hates my guts." The miasma of the Scolipede's poisonous breath awakened Patrick from his thoughts. Looking at the Scolipede, peering at its small, beady yellow eyes, Patrick could see rage dwelled up inside of it. " This Scolipede's under great pain."

" No duh." The girl scoffed as she snickered under her breath.

" Do you know if this Azurill could've done anything to disrupt this Scolipede?"

" Maybe. I found it goofing off on tree branches. But I didn't see a Scolipde until it NEARLY KILLED ME!"

" Hmmm. I think I might have an idea how to stop this Scolipede."

" You do?" The girl said with her eyes sparkling like stars in the dark, illustrious sky. " Go get'em, handsome."

" Oh sure, now she calls me 'handsome' after I promise to help her." Patrick nonetheless was willing to save a lost cause, and to repent for touching that soul's body. Patrick walked up to the Scolipede, stopped midway between the Scolipede and the girl, then smiled tilting his head up at it.

" Um, what do you call a Miltank who gets stinged by a Beedrill three miles from a Miltank Farm? A Chafe."

Lamenting her friendly smile, a prodigious angry face spread on her head, and she shouted louder than a Camerupt unleashing an Eruption attack, " MORON!"

Seeing the girls' anger was the least of Patrick's sorrow as the Scolipede skewed its tail and whacked it straight into Patrick's back. Patrick was launched by the tail and fell too where the girl was sitting, again. However, the girl learned from Patrick's last blunder and stood up just in time, as Patrick crashed on the ground.

" This Scolipede's really angry," Patrick mumbled with his head planted on the ground.

" No duh, idiot. Even a halfwit knows that Scolipede's are aggressive Pokémon who get angry with even the littlest bungle, and never forgive the people who cause them grief. I guess you're even dumber than a halfwit."

" She seemed so much nicer from afar. Vanity really is a pain to deal with."

Azurill was concerned over Patrick's safety and hopped on him. Azurill continued to hop, its small blue ball attached to its zigzag tail jumping up and crashing down on Patrick's spine, Patrick limply stood back up. As soon as he was standing, the Azurill blew multiple bubbles from its mouth that relinquished his comatose of state.

Patrick weakly smiled, he was as languid as a full grown Snorlax with stubby feet, and could only stand with the amenity of the petite, adorable Azurill rubbing its soft, milky blue skin on his face.

" Thanks, I needed that." One step at a time, moving one muscle at a time, Patrick slowly walked over to the Scolipede so he could reason with it.

" He's just such an idiot," the girl continued to think as she stared at the weary Patrick. " He's just going to get himself killed. And I can't help him because I'm on probation from using my Pokémon."

Patrick was mauled for words. He could feel a burning sensation in the pores of his body—leaking out from the poison of the Scolipede's tail. He however had lavish and benevolence on his side, and a small Azurill resting on his shoulders.

Patrick reached the Scolipede and prepared the only thing he could do—his only option of consoling the Scolipede's rough exterior—he prepared to embrace it with a hug. Hugging the Scolipede, trying to attune to it, he hugged the Scolipede with all his might.

" Stupid. You're going to get yourself—" Scolipede pulled the rump of its tail back and whacked it into Patrick. Blood trickled from Patrick's pores as he was launched in the air. " Killed."

XXX

Above the forest was a mountain. Standing on the peak of the mountain was Jake, Louis, and their two trump Pokémon Krokodile and Druddigon. Jake and Louis were judging Patrick, watching him strife between the wild Scolipede, and evaluating what type of authenticity he had.

" We should help him," Jake said worried about Patrick's safety. " He could use our help."

" No," Louis replied cold yet calmly. " He needs to do this by himself. Otherwise he'll never get through the first challenge of being a Trainer."

" Are you sure he needs to be adapted to battle, Louis? Maybe he can be like rookie Trainers and rely on his Pokémon's help."

" No. There's something about this kid that intrigues me. I want to know just how far he is willing to go. If he can pass this test, then hatching that egg will be a 'done deal for him."

XXX

Patrick was at his limit. Lying on the ground, five strikes in the back, tasting the bitterness of mulch in his mouth, Patrick limply, stiffly stood up and walked over to the wild Scolipede. Even though his bones were broken, he could feel his brain go numb; Patrick continued trying to reason with the Scolipede.

The girl, despite her earlier rants, she was worried about Patrick and was perspiring from the heat of her anxiety.

" Stupid kid," the girl shook her head in agitation for the stiff Patrick. "Nothings worth risking your life over, so why does he continue to risk himself like some kind of tool?"

Patrick couldn't use Lily—he left his young, small furry Pokémon back with his egg, so he had to do the only thing he could—he could only walk up to the Scolipede and embrace it with a hug. And just like the previous times, three to five, the Scolipede pulled its tail back and whacked it at Patrick.

The blue haired girl couldn't stand the pain of watching Patrick suffer anymore. Her face was sudoriferous, her lungs were clogged with sweat, and her eyes were redder with veins than an angry Gyrados. And as she stared closer at Patrick, who was standing his way back up, she noticed a venin purple mark on his right arm.

" He's poisoned! That attack must've been Poison Tail! If he doesn't get to a doctor soon, he could die!" The girl saw how Patrick didn't notice the poison mark on his body. Slowly, one step at a time, limply moving, Patrick made his way back to the Scolipede to hug it for the seventh time. " Hey!"

" W-what?" Patrick said with an acute shrill voice doleful from the poison circulating in his veins.

" Don't be stupid! You'll only die facing that creature! Don't you want to live? Don't you care if you live or die?"

What Patrick saw in the girl's eyes was enticing to him—he could see the worry in her eyes. She was a pessimist, seemingly predicting when Patrick would meet his end, too scared to even move her muscles away from the tree.

However, with what little strength he had left, Patrick was able to limply walk over to the girl; one pace at a time. When he reached her, Patrick rubbed the right side of her cheek. She was enticed by Patrick's heroics, how his eyes beamed into hers, and his gentle, jubilant smile.

" I don't care whether I live or die."

" W-what? Why?"

" Because I'm useless. I'm nothing but trash. And trash like me belongs in the gutter. I don't care if I live so long as I can prove I'm not trash when I go. But before I go, I'd like to know what your name is, miss."

" I-I…"

" Your name."

" You…you…"

" Your name."

" You just can't…"

" Please tell me your name. "

" C-C-Clare."

" Clare, it's been a pleasure to meet you, Miss Clare, but I just can't give up." Patrick was cold. His blood ran cold, the poison overcame his blood, he feared the inevitable about to happen. " I-I…I must protect you…and I must protect…the Pokémon. "

A single tear dripped from Clare's eyes—words couldn't express her sorrow, grief—she couldn't do anything as Patrick collapsed from his excruciating affliction. Patrick was dead, or at least dead in her eyes. Patrick's body was pale, gray and clammy, and showed no liveliness.

" Azurill," the tiny Pokémon Azurill said as it hopped over to Patrick. Clare could see the Pokémon was concerned about Patrick's safety; she could say it cared about him by how it poked its tail against his side. " Azurill, Azurill, Azurill!"

Azurill wrapped its tail around Patrick's torso as its body glowed light blue. Waves of energy soon came out of it, and Clare could see the poison in Patrick's body seep out from his pores and drip on the ground. After having the tail wrapped around him for merely thirty seconds, cleansing all the poison inside of Patrick, the young naïve rookie Trainer awakened to see the smiley face of Azurill above him.

" That's Refresh," Clare thought awestrucked by Azurill's technique. " It's an attack that heals status problems. That Azurill must've sensed that guy was injured and wanted to use it to help him. Amazing."

Patrick smiled as he reached his hand out and rubbed Azurill's head. The small Pokémon smiled as it felt Patrick's fingernails thoroughly rub its head. " You really-ack-wanted to-ack-save me, Azurill?"

" Azurill, Azurill, Azurill!" The Azurill laughed as it bounced up and down.

" That's so-ack-thoughtful of-ack-you. Now I can-ack-fight back again this-ack-Pokémon."

" You can't be serious?" Clare jeered at the weary Patrick and the small Azurill. " You idiots can't stop it! A human can't fight a Pokémon, Azurill's don't have any power, and a Scolipede is a third evolution Pokémon; a tyrant of the Unova region. What's you think you can stop it? Tell me!"

Patrick didn't seem to listen to Clare. Patrick was too busy with the Azurill, stroked it under its chin and watched it purr like a happy Purrolin. The small Azurill then hopped on Patrick's right arm and wrapped its tail around him.

" I just have an idea. " Patrick stared up at the intimidating Scolipede, thrusted the blue ball of Azurill's body at them, smiled. " But just for fun, I'm going to sing a song. "

Dum, dum, dum, dum.

The night is bleak

The sun if bright

Every thing's a mystery to me

I don't know much, I don't stride hard

Patrick seemingly used his legs to jump up high, then used the tail of Azurill to bounce off the tree trunk, then he ricocheted back to Scolipede and landed on its back. The Scolipede took offensive and tried jabbed its tail at Patrick, but he ran up the ridge of Scolipede's back, jumped off and bounced on a nearby tree, bounced to another tree and grabbed a tree branch sticking from the trunk.

" Woah, he's got some air. Wait, he's not using his legs. He's using the tail of that Azurill to get airborne. But how'd he learn that so soon?"

I know I'm weak, I know I'm worthless…

But I never give up!

All of the time, all of my life.

I keep on living

Patrick teared a piece of branch out of the stem of the tree. Jumping off, Patrick fell down into what would be the clutches of Scolipede's mouth, but Patrick placed the torn bark in Scolipede's mouth before it could bite him and Scolipede was mobilized by it. As Scolipede was trapped, Azurill breathed small bubbles into the bipedal Pokémon's mouth.

I live free, I live hard

I fight for me, I fight for everyone.

I'm my own sole man.

I'm a strong man

Patrick ripped his clothes off. His body was what people would call a quadratic petal flower, four pack of burnished abs, and they glimmered under the bright light shining above them. As his shirt was off, Clare stared at his body like Volbeat to an Illumise.

" Wow, his body's so ripened. He looks so hot without his shirt on. "

" This shirt is made of cotton," Patrick thought out loud while holding his shirt in his hand, smiled. "This could be useful." Patrick squeezed the clothes together and rubbed them closely. A faint spark electrocuted out of the cloth of Patrick's clothes as he rubbed both ends together.

" What is he doing?" Clare thought. " If he keeps that up he'll… oh no, he wouldn't."

Patrick's clothes sparked up. Patrick lashed his clothes surging with electricity at the inside of Scolipede's mouth…

BOOM!

XXX

Jake and Louis were speechless. Looking down, seeing the big explosion where Patrick was fighting, they both smiled.

" It seems our little friend has passed the test," Jake said as he sighed and closed his eyes.

" I had my doubts," Louis truthfully said, smiled. " But it seems our little friend has proven himself to be a valuable asset to the Pokémon world. "

" Do you think in time he'll become a Pokémon Champion like those Trainers whose names are the same as colors?"

" I don't know. First he has to choose what he wants in this life, and only then can he decide what path he'll take." Louis smiled as he turned his body around and started walking away. " But let's let him have his triumph for now. In time we'll meet again."

Both Jake and Louis turned their heads around as they walked down the slope of the mountain's peak. As they were leaving, their Pokémon Krokodile and Druddigon followed them. They soon left, went down the mountain, and left nothing behind but a gentle breeze.

XXX

Right before the electricity consumed Patrick and the wild Scolipede, Patrick lashed it at the right side of its mouth. The Scolipede had been scabbed, swollen and encrusted by black skin, which only could be comforted by her infant Venipede's—her baby pokemon she tried so hard to protect from the clutches of Azurill.

Venipede's were insectoid, larva-like Pokemon with a hump on the upper part of its body. The upper part of its body is mainly magenta, with black circles on its neck and antennae's. It's were yellow, the lower part was segmented and colored a slightly bluish green, and the Venipede has four pairs of stubby black legs, and two magenta tails having a black band.

Patrick wished he could be treated as warmly as the babies treated their mother, but he was stuck with an angry Clare stitching his clothes burned to cinders with a needle and a thread. Patrick tried shirking attention with Clare, but her anger with the thread pricked Patrick so hard it was like an ice pike in his skin.

" You really are a big idiot," Clare said calmly while stitching Patrick's black clothes up. " Just look at these burn marks."

" Tis just a scratch. "

" Just a scratch? I had an uncle that fell in an incinerator, burned his whole body and lived that wasn't this bad. Do you want to lose your life so much that you'd take someone along with you?"

" At least you're safe. If I hadn't stopped that Scolipede, who knows what may've happened to you, Azurill and even that mother Scolipede."

" Yeah, how'd you know the Scolipede was a female anyways?"

" You really want to know? Well, I guess you could call it a hunch. I felt something was different from that Pokémon than how a man would feel. Her blows were softer than a male's."

" Soft? You were bleeding to death."

" True. But that wasn't until after the third hit did I start feeling any real damage. From past experience, I felt this pain from only one male Pokémon punch."

" And knowing she had children."

" Well, that was much harder to figure out. I can certainly vouch how Scolipede's are tyrant Pokémon who have strong tempers, but after finding out it was a female, I just had the hunch it was protecting something."

Clare continued stitching Patrick's clothes, but stopped after she mended it all together. As his clothes were repaired, still in cinders from the flames, Patrick chuckled to himself. "Thank god that's fixed. The woman who gave this to me will have a field date if she found out how reckless I am. Now that your safe, I'd better get go—"

Patrick was at first surprised. The blue haired girl pulled him in and kissed him on his lips. Patrick's cheeks tinted red from excitement, Clare's lips had all the flavour of nutmeg, cherry, rosemary and even a hint of cinnamon in her lips, and Patrick's nervous shirked trying to avoid the lustiness' them.

Clare however pushed Patrick aside, her cheeks red, smiled. " Don't ever say stuff like life's 'not' important or you don't care. There might be someone who cares about you. And the kiss…well… that was…that was just my way of saying thanks for saving my hide'. See ya."

And just like that, Clare ran away. Patrick couldn't believe the plight that befalled on him. One moment he was saving what he thought to be a damsel in distress, the next it turned out she wasn't the damsel he was hoping for, and now his heart beat and drool salivated out of his mouth as if he was doing to barf—he was attracted to Clare the blue haired girl.

" Azurill." The small blue Pokémon Azurill said as it poked its tail at Patrick. " Azurill."

Patrick had leaned down and picked the small blue Pokémon Azurill up. In its eyes Patrick could see a small reflection of himself, and it make him sniffle a tear seeing how happy, young the Azurill was.

" Azurill, would you like to join me on my Pokémon quest?"

" Azurill, Azurill, Azurill!" The Azurill laughed happily while bouncing up and down using its tail as a trampoline.

" Well, if you're joining me, I'll have to think of a name. I was thinking Azu, but that just sounds insulting. Well, since I can tell you're a boy, and since you like to hop, I'm going to call you Springer."

" Azurill! Azurill! Azurill!" Springer(Azurill) laughed at the sound of his new name.

" Okay, I don't want to cage you up in a ball like I own you, but just promise me you'll follow me around from now on."

" Azurill!"

Patrick may've been too kind to the Springer; he may've said too many words to get it excited, so the Azurill trying to show its affection for Patrick leaped in the air and wrapped its zigzag tail around his neck. Patrick knew the Azurill was being affectionate, rubbed its cheeks against Patrick's cheeks, but it constricted him from breathing.

" A-ack! Springer…not so tight!"

XXX

In Unova, in the city of Accumula ,a part of the soviet union, Detective Kanobara opened the door to his spacious house and made his way inside. He was greeted by the family Pokémon Felica the Liepard no sooner than he walked in. Felica was slender, primarily purple-colored feline Pokémon. It has a pink "mask" patterning over its eyes, a pink nose, and small yellow "eyebrows". She had two pairs of long yellow whiskers, with the tufted under of its body and the tips of its legs also yellow. Her body was speckled with yellow rosettes and it has a curling tail that looks somewhat like a sickle.

" Good girl, Felica, good girl," Detective Kanobara said petting the household Liepard's head and watching it purr. No sooner did he pet the Pokémon's forehead, he noticed his only son Shoichi walk in. Shoichi was a teenager with medium-long blonde hair that flips outward. He has brown eyes and a slim figure. His expressions usually stayed the same with either frowns or pouts. He wears casual clothes and often wears a plain t-shirt and pants.

" Ah, Shoichi, how's your studying going?"

" Huh?"

" You know, for that big exam that's coming up in one week."

" Ah. Not doing that good, dad."

Shoichi glumly entered up the stairwell to his room. Detective Kanobara, shifting his attention from his son to the rest of his family, walked into the kitchen where his wife and his youngest daughter were. Slender and youthful, Kanobara's wife has green eyes. Her black hair is pulled back into a long braid with slightly parted bangs. She wore a plain cotton purple shirt, cotton gray skirt, and a cotton white apron around her body. His daughter was much sweeter than his son and less gloomy. She has short light brown hair with short bangs hanging over the right side of her forehead. She was insistent on wearing a red hairclip on her the left side of her hair despite her father's best intentions. Her eyes were a dark brown color and much softer than Kanobara's. But dressed more casually with a green sweatshirt. His daughter was drawing on the table and his wife prepared a fillet in the kitchen.

" Dear," Kanobara's wife said without looking away from the fillet. " Could you please say something to your other daughter, Joy? She seems to be spending too much time outside and doesn't come home until midnight."

" Why don't you talk to her?" Kanobara retorted. " It's your job after all."

Kanobara was tired. He had a big day tomorrow, wanted to lounge around, so he walked over to the nearest chair in his house and lounged on it. However, after getting comfortable, having spread his newspaper out, he heard his talkative younger daughter say:

" What type of Pokémon did you see while you were at work, daddy?"

" What? Oh. I wasn't really paying attention. I was too busy with work. And I'll have to go back tomorrow. There's more people I'd like to question."

Detective Kanobara, the greatest detective in all of the Unova region, he
slouched on the couch in his TV room. Detective Kanobara had a nasty drinking
habit whenever he needed to solace himself. He drank—beer, sake, wine—every
neurotoxin that circulated into his brain relaxed him. But as Detective Kanobara
prepared to have his fifth beer, he was stopped by his wife who clasped his
hands.

" Husband what did I tell you about drinking?" Detective Kanobara's wife snipped
as she leered in his eyes.

" Too do it more," Detective Kanobara retorted as he took his beer out of his
wife's hands and took a skip from it. "

" Honestly, husband, how do you expect to get to work when you're all tipsy like
this?"

" I dunno." Detective Kanobara shrugged and took another sip from his alcohol
bottle. " Maybe I'll just rest up until I'm sobered enough to work."

" Tsk. Why'd I get married to you? You don't care about me or anyone else.
You're just going to grow old, wrinkle away, then you're going to die in an
empty funeral and lie in a cramped coffin for all eternity. And don't think I
want to be anywhere near you when you die; I don't even want to be near you when
you're alive."

" Whatever." Detective Kanobara took his bottle, took himself and headed for the
door. " If you'll need me, I'll be on the porch wondering why I even wanted to
get married in the first place."

XXX

Detective Kanobara needed to revitalize and reanimate his brain cells from the
toxins of alcohol. In times like these, he took drastic measures by having a
glass of water and reviewing case files. The ones Detective Kanobara looked at
involved the next three he was going to interrogate—Gold, Ruby, White.

" It's amazing what kind of ghetto clothes the kids wear these days," Detective
Kanobara thought as he looked at their pictures. " A person who wears a hat that
makes his hair look white. And this white girl sounds like that blow horns
sister, but according to this they're not even related."

Detective Kanobara wasn't assigned to interrogate three kids—Gold, Ruby,
White—but unless one of them confused to the murder of Blue, which was highly
unlikely, then he'd have to interrogate seven more of the kids with colors for
names.

Just then a package was thrown towards Detective Kanobara. The detective had
quick reflexes and was able to catch the package before it hit him in his face.
Kanobara then shaked the package to see what was inside of it, smiled.

" Looks like something the misses was after," Kanobara smiled wickedly with a
smile dastardly enough to scare the life out of anyone. " Well, why don't I see
what you've wasted our money on, dear."

Detective Kanobara used his fingernails to pry open the lid of the box. But
instead of finding dollies or shampoo like most woman would get, inside he found
what looked like a cassette tape and a letter taped to it.

The first thing Detective Kanobara took out of the box was the letter. He ripped
through the seal and opened it up to find a small piece of paper folded
inside—the typical manor of how a letter would look after being inside an
envelope.

" Hello. What do we have here?"

Detective Kanobara pulled the letter out and unfolded it. He read what was
inside:

Hello. I have something you might want to see. All you have to do is check
what's on this tape.

" Intriguing." Detective Kanobara pulled out his cellphone and dialed in his
numbers. The phone ringed as Kanobara kept the phone close to his ears. " Hello,
Gan, are you in? I've got something I need you to look at."

XXX

Present

Patrick, Uri and the well muscular man looking after Uri just entered the man's
cabin. The inside of the cabin was a sanitary, spotless room. The walls were
painted with an orange color with motif black also with them. Portraits of
Pokémon were hanging on the wall—Koffing, Slugma, Pawniward, and Arbok—but none
intrigued Patrick. What did intrigue Patrick was the Consolette piano in front
of him.

" Pretty nice, eh, boy?" The man said, his breath chilled the back of Patrick's
neck. " This was made by hand by a very rich capitalist. It was mostly used as a
safe house for wild Pokémon. "

Patrick's brain felt like it was struck by a needle of apathetic. Patrick
lurched over to the piano, his mouth agaping at its beauty, as he kept a firm,
calm composure walking too it.

" It's so…beautiful." Patrick finally stopped at the instrumental panel. Patrick
tapped on A and the D keys, and A-440 note pinged inside his head. Patrick
couldn't hold his temptations anymore as he stat his rump on the stool near the
piano, raised his hands up to play, but stopped as he turned his head back to
the muscular man, smiled. " May I?"

" Oh please, go right ahead. Nobody's ever gave that piano a good tuning, so
there's really no harm in you giving it a try."

" Thanks. Do ra me fa so la ti do." Patrick wiggled his fingers a little big
before playing. As Patrick played, his fingers followed a rhythm where he'd tap
the A and D keys together. After warming up, feeling the rhythm of the music
astound him. " I remember a time."

Patrick was an excellent pianist. With great skills, a keen sense of direction,
Patrick was able to play the keys with superb skills—he pouring his heart into
every key and every rhythm—he even managed to cry playing.

There was a time I became maim.

I felt this cataclysm in me

Anger – the pain burning inside me

Worry– a forlorn affection

Burning through my heart

Getting through my egoism

Growing from my vexation.

Patrick slowed his fingers down as he played the piano. The music became quiet,
peaceful. The sad, beautiful melody being played out of the piano caused Patrick
and the muscular man to both start crying from their eyes, but it didn't have an
adverse effect on Uri.

…I had a dream…

My dream—I would see the light of day

My goal—I would live to be free

…all my life…

He took my childhood from me!

He deceived me!

Lied to me!

Killed me!

…and now I see me…

Regret—the fuel of my soul

Fear-to hide my soul

Leeking through my eyes

My mind lights up

And I feel ashamed.

Patrick played a few keys to finish up his keys—A,B,C,D—then he finished playing
and stood up. He waved his hands to Uri and the man. The man smiled and clapped
his hands together, but Uri kept a calm face.

" Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!" The man stopped clapping his hands and raised his hands
up. " Banzaai!" Man then put his hands down. " That was really something, kid."

" Thank you," Patrick smiled. " It's been nice being able to play a real musical
instrument. But if you'll excuse me, I really must get going. "

Patrick walked towards the door so he could leave through the entrance, but he
was stopped by the man's tall stature. " I'm afraid I cannot let you do that,
kid."

" Huh? Why not?"

" Because, nobody leaves this house without getting something to eat. "

" You really want to give me food?"

" Yes."

" Sorry, but I just can't do that. I really must get goi—"

Patrick felt the warm hands of Uri clinging on to him. Patrick's cheeks were red
from his embarrassment. Patrick tried shaking Uri off his leg, but she clinged
on to him too tightly.

" It seems like Uri doesn't want you to go. You wouldn't want to hurt the heart
of a poor girl, would you?"

Patrick could feel Uri's bones while her hands were wrapped around him. Her
bones were very small, brittle, and lacked little to no protein inside of them.
As Patrick stared into her eyes…he could see how distressed they were.

" Alright. I'm guessing one meal wouldn't hurt."

" Excellent. I'll sauté up some—oops, how silly of me. I mean Uri and I will
sauté up some fish fillet. Uri, why don't you and I go to the kitchen together."

The man had to go to Patrick himself so he could pry Uri from Patrick's legs.
Uri however seemed opposed to leave Patrick; wouldn't let go even when the man
pulled on her legs. As she was being pulled, Patrick could see the reprisal in
her, the same act he used against adults he hardly even known.

" It almost seems like she's afraid of him," Patrick thought watching Uri
opposing to the man's pulling. " But why would she be afraid of him? He seems
very nice. And he's even offered to give me food."

After much pulling, the man was finally able to pull Uri off of Patrick's legs.
Uri tried stretching her arms up to latch back on to him, but the man carried
her away from Patrick and into the kitchen. Before he could enter the kitchen
however…Patrick saw the tearful eyes of Uri…

" Help…me…"

The doors to the kitchen than closed. Patrick was now alone. But he wasn't
completely alone as his Pokémon Lily the Lillipup and Springer the Azurill came
out of their pokeballs and jumped on Patrick's shoulders. Lily rubbed her furry
face against Patrick's left cheek and Springer rubbed his moist blue skin
against Patrick's right cheeks.

" Hey, that tickles, guys," Patrick giggled while both his Pokémon showed him
affection. " Where were you guys hiding? I thought I asked you to wait— ha, ha,
ha, ha—outside—"

Patrick was interrupted by slapping noises. Patrick didn't know where the noise
was coming from; it seemed like there were noises everywhere. Lily's ears
twitched at the sound of the noise, and Springer used his tail to spin his round
body around—both Pokémon could pick up the strange vibe

" That sounds odd. It almost sounds like someone's being…slapped."

XXX

Officer Jenny was in charge of the accused boy. She had to go through lots of
searching, lots of files and credentials, but she finally located it on the far
suburbs of Striton City. It was dark, but the headlights shined in the
headlights on the boys' house. The house was a conch house, painted red with
latex paint, as the front lawn had toys lying everywhere.

"Thanks for walking me home, " the boy said in a timorous voice. He kept his
head down as he was too embarrassed to look at the young, irate police officer.
"And thanks for bringing me back home."

" Don't mention it, tweenie," Jenny said with an egotistical sound. " I am one
of the greatest police officers in all of Unova. And trust me, you won't find
anyone better. Buwahahahahaha!"

The door of the conch house swung open as Jenny was still laughing. The mother
surprised Jenny. She knew that no one older than her—eighteen—could look as
ravishing as the girl behind the door. She looked racy, had a thin physique,
sexy curves and large breasts, and her skin was glossy. Her curves were enamored
by her red halter neck, blue straight-cut jeans, and red cherry lip gloss
smeared on her Monroe lips.

" Hello," the gorgeous woman said in a timid voice. The woman noticed her son
whom was skulking from the door. She couldn't hold back her tears as she
groveled down at her sons' level and embraced him in a heartwarming embrace. "
Where have you been? I've been worried sick about you."

" Ma'am, your son was accused of murdering three small boys in cold blood."

" Murder?" The mother pulled her son to her legs as her tear soaked eyes stared
into Jenny's calm, maroon eyes. " There must be some kind of mistake, officer.
My son could never kill anyone. He can't even hold anything sharp without
cutting himself."

" Murder is still murder, ma'am. Me and the rest of my officer's back at the
station have decided to do a thorough 'vestigation. We'll call you if anything
turns up. And I'd suggest you give your son all the love you can, because if it
turns out your son was involved with this massacre, I will drag him into prison
myself where he will wait in prison until he's old enough to be executed. "
Officer Jenny tipped her hat as she backed up. " Good day, ma'am."

No sooner did Jenny leave the conch house did the door to the house close. As
Jenny walked through the road, she thought about how cute the little boy was,
how terrible it would be to find him guilty, and she sighed.

" There are some days I really hate my job. Oh why can't police work just be
like the ones in those movies or TV shows

Jenny's mind drifted from the case and went to a more secluded part of her mind.
She thought about trees, wet grass, and having her first kiss. The feeling still
lingered in her mouth, the taste of cherries and nutmeg mixed in a thin layer of
chocolate, which made Jenny breath raspy through her mouth. Remembering the
taste of a man's lips, Jenny shaked her head.

" Pull it together, old girl. You are a police officer. You need to be tough.
Don't give that up for that…that…"

"Clare, it's been a pleasure to meet you, Miss Clare, but I just can't give up.
I-I…I must protect you…and I must protect…the Pokémon. "

" NO!" Jenny scratched her head to get the words of the boy she kissed out of
her head. When that didn't work, Jenny fell on the ground, and she furiously
scratched her head. " GET HIM OUT!"

Jenny wasn't able to get the words out of her head; it was deep inside her
cranial cortex. While she embarrassed herself scratching her head, she saw
someone carrying a package. Her first impression was the man was homeless, he
was dirty, smelling, wore black rags and had greasy, curly brown hair, and
shadow on his chin.

" Have to deliver the package," the homeless man muttered to himself while he
walked by Jenny. " Have to deliver the package. Have to deliver the package.
Have to deliver the package."

" That man doesn't even look like a deliveryman. What could he possibly be
carrying?"

Jenny followed the dirty, smelly man. He kept muttering " Have to deliver the
package. Have to deliver the package." As he moved to the house Jenny just
visited. Jenny—more of a vicious Pokémon than a regular police officer—could
hear a ticking noise in the package.

" Hold it!" Jenny grabbed the man as she pulled him back. " What are you doing?
It's a little late to be delivering a package, don't you think, sir?"

" Get off of me!"

A knife fell out of the man's sleeves as he tried slashing it at Jenny. Jenny
narrowly ducked her head out of the knifes way, still clutching her hands on his
rags, then she kicked him in his groin. There seemed to be an adverse effect on
him. The man continued to slash his knife at her.

" Does this guy have no balls or something? He's completely demented."

Jenny had to let go of the man; she would be dead if she didn't. Another knife
fell out the man's second rag sleeve. But even though he moved with excellent
speed, had two knives to use, he found himself paralysed by Jennys'pokeball.

" Oh, this is not going to be good."

"Delcatty, come on out!"

Jenny's pokeball opened up and her adorable Delcatty popped out in a flash of
white light. Jenny's Delcatty growled at the sight of the man's two knives. The
Prim Pokémon swayed her tail side by side; it indicated she was angry.

" Delcatty!"

" Delcatty, use Blizzard!"

Delcatty opened his mouth and a blizzard of cold ice blew out. The man felt
cold. His legs, his arms, every part of his body was cold and phlegmatic.
Immobilized, temporarily impaired, Officier Jenny took advantage of his
suffering and walked up to him. She reached her hand out and pulled on his hair.

" Ow! Ow! Ow!" The man screamed while Jenny pulled on his hair. " I don't know
what your deal is, bitch, but if you don't get me out than—"

" Shut up!" Jenny slapped the man, then she yanked on his head again. " I'm in
charge here, yanky. Either you start talking or I can make things very
uncomfortable for you."

" Hmf!" The man turned his head away from Jenny, her hands still yanking on him,
then he scoffed. " Just try to make me talk you bi—"

Officer Jenny slapped the man in his right cheek while she still had her arms
tugging on his hair. The pain throbbed in his head, making him irk in pain,
cried. Officer Jenny pulled his head to her face—her smirking face.

" Honey, I'm not the kind of girl you should mess with. Either you tell me
what's in the box your carrying, or I'll let you have another taste. "

" Ack! You bitch! You bitch! Okay, okay, okay, I'll f*ing talk! There' twelve
packs of C4 in there, bitch!"

" And why would filth like you have something like that?"

" I-I don't know. I was just desperate for a joint."

" A joint? Do you mean marijuana? I can smell a little of it in your stinky
breath."

" Yeah. So I was just trying to pocket a little cash for that stuff, but what do
I know, they ask me to deliver this package. It wasn't till I peeked in the box
that I learned it was C4."

" But if it's C4…how could you open—"

" Let's just say when you peek through holes as much as me, you know what holes
the right hole."

" Ew. Now tell me who sent you the package."

" I don't know. He kept himself ominous. But I saw a little bit of his face.
He…he…had a Pokémon's eye. "

Jenny flinched. She couldn't believe what she heard; she saw it with her very
own eyes. " A Pokémon's eye? There's only one person in record who has that kind
of imprint. But he was supposed to be dead long ago. Him and the rest of his
cronies. Delcatty, return."

Jenny took out her pokeball and beamed an ultraviolet red light. The light
sucked her Delcatty in, placed it on her belt, then turned around and walked
away—she didn't even bother paying attention to the poor, dirty man trapped
inside a block of ice.

" Hey, get me out of here, you dumb bitch!" Jenny walked away from the man and
soon left him alone. The man's arms and legs were still frozen, but he ached his
head up to get a better view. " Come on! I have C4 with me! Doesn't anyone even
care about that!"

XXX

There was nothing too Gold like the love he felt lying next to Silver—two boys
who had a fondness lying in a bed and holding the bare, sweaty chest of his
lover Silver. Gold wouldn't say he was gay—he did have love for women—but he was
curious.

Gold's moment of cuddling ended when there was a knock on their hotel door. "
Mr. Silver, are you in there?" One of Silver's workers said on the other side of
the door. " I hate to remind you, but there are consecutives waiting for you
downstairs. Please come downstairs."

Golds' escape was right around the corner. Gold got out of bed; put his clothes
on, than tip-toed to the window so he could exit through the ladder. Before he
did that, he quickly pecked his lover Silver's forehead.

" Time to wake up, Romeo." Gold opened the window in Silver's bedroom, but
shivered as cold air leaked in. " Brrrrrrrrr, It sure is cold outside. But I
can't use any of my Pokémon. "

Gold walked out of the window, going one step at a time, he finally reached the
ledge. Gold didn't have any height phobias-you didn't need to be afraid of
heights when you're high enough to fall to your death. However, Gold found the
ladder that would lead him down.

" Yeah, I'll be right down," Silver said to the man in his room. " Jeez, I
thought we settled this yesterday."

" Silver sure is a hard worker. But he needs me to comfort him. What a man."

The cold air waned the glossiness of Gold's hair. Gold walked up to the ladder,
grabbed the metal pipes of the ladder and started to climb down the labber. But
while he was walking, he noticed how the metal was rusty.

" Silver should really get some maintenance on this thing. One of these days
it's going to brea—"

Gold thought too late.

The crusty metal he was holding broke apart. Gold quickly grabbed the metal
above as the ladder below him fell apart. Gold could only hold onto the metal
while he hanged 30 feet off the ground. Gold experienced the three terrors of
being near death—anger, regret, anguish- but mostly anger Gold felt from Silver.

" DammitSilver! IfI die from this, I'm going to come back and kill you myself!"

Golds' legs swayed left and right while dangling in the air. Gold's arms were
sweaty from the hot sweaty chest of Silver. In his dire situation, Gold's arms
started to slip.

" No! No! No!"

Golds' legs slipped from the metal and he fell towards the ground. But Gold's
right leg got caught under the metal of the ladder and got it caught in it. Gold
dangling upside down as his leg was caught.

"Well this is just great," Gold moaned dangling upside down. " Can this day be
anymore humiliating?"

Beep-Beep-Beep-Beep

Gold's phone started to ring. Gold sighed as he reached into his shorts and
pulled out his cellphone. " Y'ello. Who is it?"

" Is this Mr. Gold?" A stranger said on the other end of the phone.

" Yeah, who wants to know?"

" I was just wondering what you were doing right now."

" Ah, you know, just hanging out. "

" Well I'll need your help, please. I understand you've been too Unova before."

" Been there and back. What's it too ya?"

" I have a request from my boss to meet him in Striaton City. He says you know
him from somewhere, and he has a proposition for you."

" Interesting; interesting." The metal of the pipe started to crack. Gold began
to fall towards the ground. " Hold that thought for one second."

The metal part broke and Gold plummeted down towards the ground. As he was
falling, Gold span his body around and turned his feet to the ground. Gold took
his pokeball out and popped it open.

" Togetaro, come on out!"

Red light glowed out from Gold's pokeball and his Pokémon Togetaro flew out.
Togetaro was a vaguely an avian Pokémon with an egg-shaped body. It was covered
in white, downy feathers and has broad, triangle-shaped wings that allow it to
soar effortlessly. Its underbelly was dotted with small red and blue triangular
spots. There were also three-pointed crests on its head.

" Toge!" Togetaro the Togekiss

shouted happily.

" Togetaro, aerial landing, now!"

Togetaro was grabbed by Gold before he hit the ground. Togetaro gently flew
towards the ground with Gold holding onto Togetaro's legs with his cellphone
still in his hands. As they reached the ground, Gold walked away from Togetaro
and walked away.

" Now, what was that you were talking about?"

XXX

Platinum wasn't his usual self. He was panic-stricken, his hands that was
holding a scalpel was shaking, and it was ireful to the rest of his colleagues.

" Dr. Platinum, are you alright, sir?" One of the nurses asked.

" I-I am just…fine," Platinum replied though he wasn't entirely sure with
himself.

" Are you sure?" One of the doctors asked. " I heard your friend recently passed
away. Shouldn't you be taking an annual leave?"

" No, I told you, I'm fine. Now let me work on this patient while I examine his
isocorte—"

Platinum's knees were weaker than he thought. Platinum's knees bended from the
minimum strength in them. The doctors and nurses all surrounded Platinum while
he was sweating on his knees. Platinum was embarrassed by all his peers
attending to him, crawled under their knees and made his way out the door.

XXX

Platinum weeped his eyes out. Platinum tried rubbing the tears from his eyes,
but he was crying too much. The tears continued to drip out of his eyes while he
continued to rub him out. Than he heard the sound of footsteps as one of his
superiors walked up behind him.

" Patrick, I know you're not alright. If you can't pull yourself together soon,
you'll lose your mind. "

" Really…I'm fine," Patrick retorted while he continued crying and rubbing his
eyes. " I'll be back in a second—"

" You'll do no such thing. I suggest you take time off. This isn't a suggestion;
you're suspended from this hospital for one week."

" But I…I…"

Platinum felt warm hands rubbing the locks of his head. His supervisor, a fifty
something year old man with a short brown mustache and brown beard, meek and
mild, tried comforting Platinum by sitting beside him and rubbing his back.

" Did I ever tell you the story about my brother? My brother was a lazy,
inconsiderate, poorly dressed bum. Every day he would ask me for money because
he was very lazy and never could hold a job. All I wanted was for him to get out
of my life."

" W-what happened to your brother, sir?"

" (sniff) One day…after he left me…I found out he died of a drug overdose. The
last thing I told him…" Platinum's eyes started crying with tears. " I never
wanted to see him again. I said that too…my only brother."

Platinum's superior grabbed Platinum and he hugged him. Both Platinum and his
superior were crying from their eyes. Platinum felt his shoulders being smacked
by his superiors' beefy hands, and it acted as a mitigation for Platinum to rest
on.

" Did you ever wish…(sniff) you could go back and help your brother, superior?"

" Every second of every day; there isn't a time I haven't thought of that. But I
had to let go of my past. I had to go through all my turmoil; otherwise I'd be
in a rut. Even though it's hard, you won't be able to move on if you only focus
on death."

" B-but I don't know who I can turn to. All my friends are always busy, we never
have any time to get back together, and even if we do meet it's only because
there's some epidemic we need to take care of."

" You don't have to go far. You can just go to your home and watch a horror
movie or whatever the heck the kids today watch on TV."

" I'm not really much of a TV fan—"

" Or you could just sit on a couch with a nice book and some cocoa. That's what
I usually do when I need time to relax."

" Well, if you insist…there is one place I'd like to go."

XXX

Patrick found it problematic how he waited for Uri and her guardian even though
he heard smacking noises from the kitchen. Patrick wasn't the only one who
waited patiently for Uri and her guardian. As Patrick rubbed his blue egg with
his white wash cloth, Lily and Springer were perched on his shoulders.

" You guys sure do love my shoulders," Patrick smiled while he continued wiping
the outer layer of his egg. " I guess since you're both so short, it doesn't
really matter. Just remember that when you two do get larger in your next
evolutions, I won't be able to hold you anymore."

The doors to the kitchen then opened. Uri and her guardian than walked out of
the kitchen with trays in their hands. Uri carried a mostly fish tray with
roasted sardines, calamari, cooked turkey, and kayu. Uri's guardian carried a
more severed dish. Sashimi, soba, chawanmushi, and gyoza.

Patrick rubbed his head as he continued to stare at Uri's guardian and thought
about the strange noises he heard before. " Hey, what was that noise I heard
just a while ago? It almost sounded like someone was being abused."

" No, no, nothing like that ever happened. I was just tenderizing the meat. "

" If he's telling the truth, that's a strange noise his tenderizer makes."

Patrick didn't think much of Uri's guardian as he was sitting on the chairs near
a dinner table. The sweet aroma of the roasted fish flared Patrick's nostrils—it
was like he was in a haven of grizzled delicacies. Patrick however went into a
silent prayer, clapped both his hands together, as he pronounced his own little
prayer:

" Music is my soul, I shan't let it leave me, all in what's truth to the very
end. Now I shall eat the food my soul desires. Do ra me fa so la ti do." Patrick
stopped his "praying" and took a bite from Uri's tray. He helped himself to
calamari, a squid dish, and swallowed it whole.

" That's a weird kind of thing you did there," Uri's guardian said while
laughing to himself. " Are you religious, little boy?"

" Na-huh. I just feel like I should show my gratitude for all the bliss that's
happened to me today. "

" Well, that's an interesting thing to think. But I have a question for you. Has
there ever been a woman you've had deep feelings for?"

" Uh, I wouldn't know. Besides my mother, there hasn't really been that many
women in my life."

" Don't tell me you're one of those guys who likes guys. Tee-hee."

"Uh, no, not that I'm aware of. I guess I just haven't found that special
someone left."

Patrick continued eating from Uri's dish. Patrick just couldn't stop himself
from eating from her tray. Even though the servings were small, most being fish
food, every bit-size piece tasted delicious to him.

" This calamari tastes like cinnamon nutmeg on taffy. The sardines feel like
roasted pork with double layers of honey garlic sauce. And this turkey….ooh this
turkey…feels like hot sugar dripping down my throat mixed with smoky ham.

The portions were too small for Uri. Soon Uri's plate was wiped clean of all its
food. Patrick had to stick his tongue out and licked his lips clean. He could
hear laughter from Uri's guardian.

" Did thee voluptuous guest enjoy his meal?" Uri's guardian chuckled.

" Yeah. It was really good. My compliments to you, sir."

" Ooh, what nice manors you have. But I'm afraid I wasn't the one who made any
of those. You can thank Uri for that."

" Huh?" Patrick's attention went right to Uri. She was hardly eating, barely
nibbling off a kayu, and she had a despondent look on her face. " Uri made
this?" Patrick smiled. " I guess even girls can become great chefs."

Patrick finished mostly everything on the table- roasted sardines, calamari,
cooked turkey, kayu sashimi, soba, chawanmushi, and gyoza—then it was time for
him to work. Patrick pushed his chair back, stood up and bowed his head.

" Thank you for the meal. Now is there anything you wish for me to do, sir?"

" Huh? What are you talking about?"

Patrick made a cute face. His eyes bulged out, tears dripping from his eyes, and
his mouth agaped slightly open. The face scared Uri's guardian as he sweat
dropped, but intrigued Uri while she tilted her head to study it. " You gave me
food. I need to think of some way to repay you."

" Um, there's really no need for you to do that," the guardian replied, he tried
to keep a straight face but couldn't stop sweating from his head. " I just gave
you food out of the goodness of my heart. Now you can get to the next town
without fainting."

" But I need to do something. Nothing to me is just free."

" Really, it's fine. Just go."

" But I—"

All the kindness in Uri's guardians' face disappeared. The only thing Patrick
saw in him now was a tyrant with a boiling angry face. Patrick shuddered at his
angry face, but continued to stand while his legs were wobbling.

" Just-get-out!"

Patrick couldn't bear looking at the anger in the tyrants face—it seemed like
the man would kill him. Patrick tried getting Lily and Springer before he
leaved. Both were eating on the ground from bowls with Poke Chow. But Lily and
Springer both leaped on Patrick's shoulders seeing the distress in his eyes.

" I-I think I'd better leave."

Patrick tried fleeing from the giant man by running out the front door. When
Patrick finally reached the handle of the door, he felt a small tug on his right
arm. The tug was coming from Uri. Her arms held tightly around Patrick—she
didn't want him to leave.

Uri's face was dripping with tears, her hands around Patrick's arms, said, "
Help me."

" W-what?"

" Ah, don't pay any attention to her, sir," Uri's guardian retorted while he
clamped his arms on Uri's lips trying to stop her from speaking. Patrick no
longer saw the anger in the man's face; he was whiter than a ghost. " She just
has to have medicine for her glaucoma. You know kids; they say the strangest
things, right. Hahahahahahaha."

" But if she's under medicine, sir, than why was she cooking our dinner—"

" Oh, would you look at the time." Uri's guardian pretended he was wearing a
watch to throw Patrick off guard. " It's time for Uri to get to bed. You
wouldn't want to disturb a young girl's sleep, would you?"

" I-I guess not. But what about my Pokémon—"

" Your Pokémon are on your shoulder. Thanks for stopping by. Bye." Uri's
guardian pushed Patrick out the door and closed the door behind him. The air was
must, chilled Patrick's bones, as Patrick moppily turned around and walked away
from the cabin.

" Well that was strange. I don't know why they'd want to throw me out like
this—huh? My egg. Where is my Pokémon egg?" Patrick looked around for his
Pokémon egg. Patrick couldn't find the egg, got on his arms and legs, and
started thinking to himself. È Where did my egg go—wait, maybe I left it in the
cabin. I need to go back and get it,"

Patrick grabbed the doorknob to his cabin and started twisting it. Patrick was
nervous, his hands were sweaty, but he unlocked the tumbler and opened the door.
Patrick slowly poked his head in through the door…he saw the worst possible
site. The tyrant and Uri—two people Patrick thought were a family—watched the
tyrant beating on Uri. Uri had her hands over her face and was crying; the
tyrant was kicking her as the tyrant yelled at her.

" How dare you get close to someone, wench!" The tyrant shouted while he
continued kicking Uri. " You're nothing but our property!"

Patrick saw the sorrow in Uri's eyes. She was crying, wailing through her eyes,
as blood trickled from her face. Patrick couldn't stand seeing Uri crying—it
reminded him of all the turmoil in his life.

" Sir, get off of her!"

Patrick desperately ran towards the tyrant in a scared delirium. Everything
seemed slow to him. With every swing he moved with his arms, it seemed like a
stream of water bending through a pipe and dripping out. Patrick however didn't
even touch Uri's guardian; the big tyrant smacked him away before he even
touched him.

" Nice try, brat."

Patrick crashed into the orange and motif black walls. The pain was agonizing,
he felt all his bones cracking, and his limbs became stiff. He felt as hopeless
as a Pokémon hit by a Pikachu's Thunder Wave attack. But it didn't stop there.
Uri's guardian, an enraged Ursaring fighting a Pokémon trying to steal its
honey, he stomped over to Patrick with a snide smirk on his face.

" You should've just gone home, brat." The hypocritical tyrant smirked while he
headed straight for Patrick. "Guess you didn't know. I'm a cult member who are
trying to burn down this rotten world down."

" What, Uri? We found her in a small village. My bosses plan was to burn the
whole town down with his Pokémon. But we let her come with us because we learned
she has very special powers. But now that you know our secret, I'm afraid I can
no longer let you live."

Patrick was grabbed and pulled up by the neck of his collar. Patrick gasped
small raspy breathes while he was being pulled. Patrick couldn't move, he was
being choked, seeing nothing but the cold, glaring eyes of the tyrant.

" Somebody…(choking) help…(choking) me."

" Don't worry. I'll try making this humane. Just take a deep breath…and relax—"

" Azurill!"

Springer leaped up and wrapped his zigzag tail around the tyrants' neck.
Springer was small, didn't have any arm strength, but he restrained the
masculine man from completely stifling Patrick. Patrick slipped out from under
the man's hands and squirmed like a Caterpie on a tree trying to get away.

" Why you little—" The man grabbed Springer and tried pulling him off his neck.
Springer wrapped his tail around the man's neck too tightly. " I'll grind your
bones into dust!"

" Huh. I guess you can't judge a book by its cover," Patrick thought squirming
away. " Springer, use Bubbles!"

" Azurill. Az-ru-ill!" Springer span his body around so he was facing the man's
face. Springer blew small bubbles full of sods in his eyes that made his eyes
burn red.

Springer than jumped off the man as he hopped back to Patrick, then wrapped his
tail around his arm. " Now, Lily, use Tackle to your full power!"

" Lillipup! Lil-li-pup!"

Lily dashed towards the man and she bashed her head right into the back of the
man's head. Before he could fall forward, Lily jumped on the wall. She sticked
to it like glue, turned her head to the man, and jumped at him and bashed her
head against him.

" OI!"

The man tumbled back from the power of Lily's head bashing into him. The man
collapsed on his dining table. His weight broke the table in half; small
splinters scraping in his arms and legs making blood trickling out. The man
finally slumped over, moaned, and then he lost all consciousness.

Patrick still felt agony in his limbs. Patrick needed assistance from both Lily
and Springer in order to stand up straight. " We have to-ack-get out
of-ack-here." Patrick headed straight for the door. He limped to the door,
Springer wrapping his ziggy tail around his left leg and Lily leaning against
his right leg, but stopped seeing Uri. È You poor, poor girl."

Uri lost all her unconscious. She was bleeding from her arms and forehead, her
right arm being twisted, but she was still breathing . Patrick couldn't
withstand the torture of seeing her so cringled. Patrick reached for Uri's
unconscious body and carried Uri up.

" I'm going to get you to a hospital. I'm going to take care of you."

Patrick carried Uri out of the cabin even though he was still dependant on the
help of his Pokémon. The cold air didn't even haze Patrick while he held Uri in
his arms. Patrick closed the cabin door and walked away from the cabin to the
nearest hospital.

The man felt the five stages of grief—denial, anger, bargaining, depression—but
he stuttered while he felt acceptance; he couldn't accept the inevitable.

" He'll be coming soon. He will come because I have failed. Him, my leader, the
one with the Gyrados eyes. "

XXX

Detective Kanobara was under much predicament. Whenever Kanobara was troubled,
he'd drink a bottle of whiskey too his leisure. The whiskey tasted sour, bitter,
reminded him of his first murder case investigation. But Detective Kanobara had
to hold the whiskey in his crystal glass while typing on his computer in his
friends' office.

" Okay. Where is the software that gives information on people?" Kanobara asked
while he nimbly typed on his computer.

" Go under My Documents, right-click, then go to a Folder that says Background,"
Kanobara's friend Lazo said while pointing on the screen. " Now if you'll—"

" Thanks, I don't need you right now, Lazo. Now go away."

" Fine. " Lazo walked away from Kanobara and walked to Kanobara's other friend
Kato.

Lazo and Kato were both brothers but they were both entirely different. Lazo was
a thirty, thin, slightly shorter than Kanobara, wore a blue suit, orb-shaped
earrings, and short brown hair. Kato was also thirty, fat, short, wore a red
suit, triangular-shaped earrings, and short blonde hair.

" Did you ever know how Kanobara is such a douche?" Kato scoffed while he was
standing next to Lazo.

" He's not a douche. He's a narcissistic, paranoid, economical douche. "

" Maybe so. But he sure is a great detective. I heard he's solved over twelve
murder cases."

" Maybe so. But no matter how many cases he solves, he is still in the same rut
with his family. I wouldn't be surprised if his woman spreads her legs out and
goes for another man."

" Finally!" Kanobara shouted triumphantly as he raised both his arms up and
pressed one last button on his keyboard. " I finally found the that tricky
software. And now…" Kanobara stood up, stretched his back out from sitting down
for an hour straight, than he walked to a small TV set with a cassette player.
Kanobara stuffed the cassette into the cassette player and pressed the Play
button. " Let's see what our secret informant has to say."

Kanobara turned the small TV on. The screen flashed on, the screen flashed, than
it went straight to black. The DVD player was on: 005-05.

" Hey, what the jiff, Kanobara?" Kato snapped while he looked at the black
screen.

" Did you get that from the Dollar video store?"

'" Wait for it—"

" Greetings, gents," A dark voice said in the video as a pair of glasses was
seen through the darkness. " My name is Theodore D. Gnorts. I am playing this
cassette to you, Detective Kanobara, all because I know who murdered that young
boy; Blue I believe his name was."

" Hmmmmm. This is starting to get interesting."

" I know while you're listening to this tape, your on your computer looking up
names. I suggest you look at the name Patrick Strong. "

" Hmmmmm." Detective Kanobara typed in the name Patrick Strong. Patrick's
picture showed up on the screen. " Hmmmmm. Patrick Strong. A thief, wanted for
stealing and resisting arrest , yady, yady, yady, has a reward for ¥ 300,000."
Kanobara scrolled down the list and stopped at one article. " Apparently you're
more than just some poor bum, Mr. Strong, son of the greatest musicians in the
world. Well, Mr. Strong, I think I'll go pay you a visit."

Inn, Desperation, Eyes

After searching everywhere for a hospital, Patrick was only able to find an inn.
Patrick was in desperate need of finding a place that would take care of Uri
nestled in his arms and had to carry Uri into the inn.

The inside of the inn was musty and rancid. But as Patrick got a closer look
around, he had a different perspective about the inn. The lobby was inside the
main entrance. Patrick was surprised it was an elongated room that possesses
wooden floor and ceilings, and its walls, enforced by pillars, composed of
bricks. In the front of the counter was a carpet with intricately decorated
edges, over which sits a short table with round edges, with its central part
covered by a rhomboidal ornamental tablecloth. The only thing Patrick could
describe about the lobby was " beautiful."

" Wow," Patrick awed looking at the lobby. " This place looks expensive. Can
they really help take care of you, Uri"

" Excuse me, what are you doing at this late hour?" Said a girl that Patrick
believed worked in the inn.

" Ah!" Patrick shuddered at the sound of the woman's voice and turned around
with Uri still in his arms. " Please forgive me. I didn't mean you any harm. I
just wanted your help taking care of…"

Patrick's train of thought departed when he got a glimpse of the woman who
worked in the inn. The girl that was speaking was a young woman around her early
twenties. She was wearing casual looking clothes consisting of a black turtle
neck sweater and a pair of jeans. She has short layered charcoal hair as well
seen wearing black framed glasses and necklace with an inverted cross. The woman
looked at Patrick and he could see her blink staring into his eyes.

" Hello. My name is Tamara. What seems to be the problem?"

" Ummmmmmmmm." Patrick knew he looked stupid staring at Tamara. He couldn't keep
his mouth shut looking at her. Patrick had a hard time being near people due to
him trying to steal to survive, but he had a hard time being around girls his
own age the most. " I just need some…ummmm…."

" Out with it, boy!" An older, harsher voice shouted behind Tamara. Walking out
from behind Tamara was an older looking woman who looked like Tamara's
grandmother. She was a hunched over old lady with her teeth sticking out of her
mouth, had silver hair that was braided into a long ponytail, and she walked
with a cane that had an Azurill head on the top. " If you don't tell us why
you're here soon, I'm going to have to make you leave."

" Please don't!" Patrick whimpered. " I don't have anywhere else to go!"

Patrick didn't think the old lady or Tamara cared what happened to him if he
left their inn. Patrick didn't think anyone cared about him. After running ten
miles trying to get too their inn, Patrick's eyes were a little blurry and
everything felt wobbly too him. But even though he had a hard time standing up,
he continued to hold Uri up and showed her to the old lady.

" Please don't make us leave. This pour girl was abused and needs medical care.
Can any of you help her?"

" Sorry, we only take care of people who have money. If you don't have money,
you can just buzz off."

" Wait. I have money." Hearing what Patrick said got Tamara and the old ladies
attention. Patrick reached into his pockets and pulled out all the money he
found on his travels and the money he got from Professor Juniper. Patrick
dropped all his money in the old ladies hands as she stared at it greedily. "
Here. Will that be enough to let us stay for the night?"

The old lady wasn't paying attention to anything Patrick was saying. With her
old, wrinkled fingers she picked up each bill carefully. After counted the money
in her head, the old lady became fed up and threw Patrick's cash on the ground
and stomped on it with her feet.

" What's this. This is pathetic. I can't even buy a cup of tea with this. Just
take your little girl and get out of my inn!"

" B-but that's all the money I have. Please, if Uri doesn't get attention from
her injuries soon, she might die!"

The old lady just stared at Patrick. She however seemed more concerned about the
smudge in her fingernails then she was with Uri's condition. The old lady
scratched her fingernails trying to get the smudge out. " I don't care. Maybe
next time you'll get more money so you can actually afford your friends. Now get
out before I—"

" Mother!" Tamara shouted behind the old ladies back. " Can't you see this poor
man is suffering? Don't you have any feelings? They need our help."

Patrick had a different perspective of Tamara. How she vouched for him and
looked at him made him utterly speechless. Tamara walked up too Patrick, reached
her hands out, and pried Uri out of his hands. She then walked away while she
held Uri in both her hands.

Patrick was still worried about Uri, raised his hand out to speak, said, " I-I
don't have any money. But p-please take good care of her."

" There's no need to worry," Tamara retorted while she carried Uri to a
different room. " I don't expect anything from you. I just can't to see a boy
cry."

" Me?" Patrick gawked at Tamara and pointed his finger to his chest. " Are you
talking about me? I-I don't cry."

" Yes you do," Tamara laughed carrying Uri in her arms. " You were crying like a
little baby. But I think it's cute. It means you're sensitive, and that's a good
thing because we only get roughnecks here. " Tamara walked through an open door
and carried Uri to a bedroom. " I'll be back soon."

Patrick was alone with Tamara's mother. Patrick had a hard time at first
speaking too her and found no exception speaking too her now. Feeling sweat drip
down his body standing beside her, Patrick fiddled with his fingers and pondered
what he would say.

" So…do you like…cheese?"

" I don't like you," the woman said in a cold, cruel tone of voice. " There's
something about you that doesn't feel right. You're like a bad apple. And if you
so much as touch my daughter in any of her no-no places, well, I'll take out my
knife and castrate you. Good luck trying to pee without that thing you males
have. "

" That's kind of cold," Patrick thought while feeling cold sweat drip down his
skin. " I don't want to be alone with her."

XXX

In the house where Uri's guardian was surrounded by a debris of glass, the door
to the home creaked open. The guardian was knocked out cold from his fight
against Patrick's Pokémon Lilly, and he felt snug as a Graveller nested around
heat rocks by a hot spring. That was until one of the men walked up to him and
kicked him under his chin.

" Ack!" The guardian yelled after being hit under his chin. The guardian quickly
awakened and glared at the feet of the man in front of him. " I don't know who
you are, but what gives you the right to disturb me when I'm sleep—"

The guardians' blood stopped flowing when the knees bended and he saw the person
in front of him. He of course was wearing crimson red robes the color of blood,
had a gold chain keeping his hood over his head, and under his hood a pair of
violent, vehement red eyes –the same inhumane eyes of the great beast Pokémon
Gyrados.

" What do we have here?" The man whose face was hidden behind his hood said. His
voice sounded so virile it made the guardians' voice sound like a little
Rattata. " Were you unable to do as I ask and keep Uri out of trouble?"

" Please, sir, it was an accident," the guardian defended trying to protect his
own skin. " There was this kid, and he met Uri, and he suckered me in too—"

The man ignored everything the other man was saying and kicked Uri's guardian
under his chin. After doing that, the man grabbed him by his fur clothes, pulled
him in and punched him in his face again. Even though the man with the robes
seemed much scrawnier than Uri's guardian, his fists felt like a Tyranitar's
tail too him.

" Tsk. Begging just isn't going to save you." The man pulled the guardian
towards his robes and let him see into the hole. Inside the hole, the fierce
eyes of a Gyrados shinned in his eyes and made him terrified. " The only thing
you can do is pray to God or whoever it is you believe in for forgiveness, and
hope they don't treat you too badly in the afterlife."

" N-no…you wouldn't, would you?" The man with the Gyrados eyes didn't say
another word. He turned around and walked away. While he was walking, more men
like him wearing robes walked in with gas holders filled with kerosene walked
into the guardians' house and smiled. " No, you can't do that! I've been loyal
to you for three years! Didn't any of that matter too you?"

The man with the Gyrados eyes continued to ignore what Uri's guardian was
saying. He reached into his robes and took out his Ipod. He raised his Ipod too
the man's face, pressed his finger on the screen, then the Ipod flashed when he
took his picture. Under his robes, the man started to laugh.

Through the hood, the man looked at him with his unwavering eyes. " I'm sorry,
but you're talking to the wrong man. The only man who's going to listen to your
pathetic little whimpering is whoever gives a fuck about you. "

" S-sir…"

" And you're right, you and I have known each other for quite some time." The
man opened the door to the house. While the door was open, he turned his head
around and stared at Uri's guardian with his scary, eerie eyes. " And all the
time that I've known you I wish you failed me sooner. Every day I spent with you
was a curse! Men, splash him!"

XXX

The man with the Gyrados eyes waited until all the men wearing robes ran out of
the guardian's home. The man wanted to see some fireworks. He watched with zeal
how more of his men poured kerosene over the roof of the house and watched the
kerosene drip over the house. It wasn't until all of the house was covered did
he realize something vague:

" Shot, I forgot to bring my Pokémon. That's really stupid of me." The man
turned around to the rest of his men wearing robes and looked at them with his
terrifying eyes. " Do any one of you have any I can borrow?"

" Sir, you can borrow mine," one of the cult members wearing robes said. "
Here."

The member gave the man with Gyrados eyes two pokeballs. The man took the
pokeballs away as he intended on using them. Raising both his pokeballs over his
head, he pressed on the seal and the lids of both his pokeballs opened.

" Slugma, Koffing, come too me!"

Both of the pokeballs opened up and the Pokémon Slugma and Koffing appeared in a
flash of light. When the light cleared, both their bodies appeared.

Slugma is a red, slug-like Pokémon that appeared to be made completely out of
magma. It has droplets shaped fangs on the bottom of its mouth and has yellow
eyes with ponytail-like fire coming out of its head.

Koffing is a Poison Gas Pokémon. Its body is cloud-shaped with a skull and
crossbones on the lower part of its body. It has openings that allow gases to
escape. A Koffing will spew a harmless gas if its happy, and a poisonous gas if
its angry.

Both Slugma and Koffing raised raised their heads up and roared into the sky.

" Slugma!" Slugma roared into the sky.

" Koffing!" Koffing roared into the sky.

" Koffing, Poison Gas!"

" Koffing!"

Koffing released a dark green toxic gas from the holes on its body. The gas
sprayed the house the guardian was still in. The gas was highly flammable, and
it made Slugma antsy too use his flames. A small puff of flames was released
from his mouth.

" Now, Slugma, use Flamethrower!"

" Slugma!"

Slugma released a red-orange stream from its mouth. The flames burned right into
the house. An exothermic reaction came from the flames igniting with the gas,
the vapor colliding with the explosion, and the house blew up with Uri's
guardian still in it.

In the explosion, the man could almost hear a faint scream that was the
guardians dying breath. The man showed no emotion, no feelings, just watched the
flames rise into the sky.

" Ashes to ashes; dust to dust." Both Slugma and Koffing were then recalled into
the man's pokeballs. He threw the balls over to the cult member who gave it to
him and he caught it with both his arms. Then he sauntered off away from the
wreckage. " Come on. Whoever took Uri away from his, he is going to pay from the
brim with his own life."

Willflower.-.-. BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona

This is us. This is who we are. We demand attention.

PLEASE UPDATE!

Willflower.-.-. BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona

It's neat! Haven't seen a really good pokemon fan fic lately on here. Maybe you could change that.