Awaken

Author's note: i had this idea a year ago and i made it into a great story i hope you like it.
Author's note: i had this idea a year ago and i made it into a great story i hope you like it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

the calm before the storm

Once in a quiet town there were two brothers, one could fly and the other one could not. The brothers looked exactly alike but their personalities were different I, John, am a caring and exited person, while Jimmy is a levelheaded kid with a shy personality. We both have blue eyes, and were the tallest kids in classes, and they both were skinny. The two of us were born on the same day. I was born first, and then 3 hours later came Jimmy. When Jimmy was born he had small wings on his back. My mother knew they were wings and let them grow. It’s obvious because my father was able to teleport from place to place. He left us before we were born. Sixteen years later
One day I was walking home from a game of football and I saw two cats stuck in the same tree, I found the idea of a cat in a tree weird but I would have felt bad if I didn’t do anything. Jimmy my brother who could fly simply flew up and grabbed one. When I saw how lazy my brother was I ran up the tree very anxious to keep the cats together and grabbed the remaining cat. After that we continued our walk home, the cats waddled into an alley and jumped a fence. Then we saw a man being beaten up by thugs, I started to get annoyed by the things we witnessed on our regular walks home. I ran to help the man by beating up the thugs, adrenaline pumped as I punched one of them in the face. While Jimmy just lied next to the man who was being beaten up and fell asleep, the thought of me fighting for a random people life made me crack a smile. When I was done beating up the thugs I walked over to my brother and kicked him, I could have been dead and my brother still would have still been sleep. Then I said, “Why didn’t you help me you lazy fool?”
Jimmy smiled and stood up, “It looked like you had it covered, and I am not a bum that man we saved was a bum.” My brother had a weird way of doing things; he’s smart but also very lazy. He gets his work done so he could sleep in class all day; it’s good to have Jimmy as my brother because we are opposite. He’s good at things I’m bad at and I am good at what he is bad at.
We both laughed and kept walking; we needed to get home before the street lights came on in our neighborhood. When we got home our mother was waiting at the kitchen table, I was scared when I saw her at first because she looked like she was crying. We hugged our mother and went to our room upstairs. I dismissed the redness of her eyes and plopped down on my bed. Jimmy went straight to sleep and I began to read a sports magazine, my dream was to be on one of these magazines being read about by some other kid. It didn’t matter what sport I was good at all of them but I hoped it was basketball. Our mother walked up the stairs into our room and smiled, “If you need anything I will be downstairs, oh and by the way you two are going to have to start school in the morning.”
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »