Like A Flower Blooming

Author's note: I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I couldn't resist writing this story. It's a little different than...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I couldn't resist writing this story. It's a little different than the original but I hope you like it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 Next »

Classes

Groggy, I stood up and started to follow. Soon, I was in my PJ’s and in a soft warm bed. I closed my eyes and fell instantly asleep. I was flying over a city. There were lights on and as my body descended, I saw dozens of Halloween decorations.
I landed in a field and looked around. A sign told me I was in a town called Godric’s Hollow. Why did that sound so familiar? I walked down into a street. Something was propelling me forward. I couldn’t stop.
Suddenly, I tripped in front of a broken-down cottage. Half of the house had been blown apart. I heard a terrifying scream and looked around me. Nothing.
A cruel voice said,” Step aside, girl!”
I was starting to get creeped out. There was no one around me yet I knew that I wasn’t imagining it. Something awful must have happened here. But why was I dreaming about it?
I looked down on a tiny sign and read the words engraved on it: We will always remember you, James, Lily and Arianna Potter.
I woke up with a scream. I was shaking like mad. There was sunlight everywhere.
“ Are you alright, Ari?” asked Hermione, sitting on my bed.
“ I’m fine. It was just a dream, a bad one,” I said.
“ What happened in it?” she asked.
“ I was flying then I landed somewhere.... in a town called Godric’s Hollow. And.... I saw this house. It was completely wrecked. And there was screaming and voices and a sign that had my parents names on it... and mine. That was my home... before You-Know-Who came and completely destroyed my life,” I said, miserably. Her eyes turned soft.
“ I’m really sorry about your parents,” said Hermione.
“ Thanks.” Saying sorry never made it better. They were dead. I got up and walked to my wardrobe. I opened it to see that all my stuff had been hung up, nice and neatly. I looked around, my books were on the bedside table with a bag next to it and a few pieces of paper. I pulled out a few clothes and threw them in the direction of my bed.
When I looked back, they were nice and neat on the bed like I’d laid them there carefully. I pulled them on and picked up the pieces of paper. One was my schedule for the week, another one was the stuff I had to bring to each class, and the last one was a Welcome to Gryffindor House!
I stuffed them in the bag with the stuff I needed for the classes for today: Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, Defense Against The Dark Arts and Flying Lesson. Ron was in the common room when I walked downstairs.
“ Hey,” he said nervously.
“ Hey. Are you ready for classes?” I asked.
“ Yeah,” said Ron, his face turning green.
Downstairs, in the Great Hall, Ron cheered up at the sight of food. I filled my plate and started eating. Hermione was reading one of our class textbooks.
“ Didn’t you read those over the summer?” I asked, cheerfully.
“ Of course, but I want to make sure that I memorize everything,” she said, looking up at me. Memorize? I hadn’t memorized at all. I pushed my plate away, feeling sick.
Me and Ron walked to Transfiguration. I tried to ignore the staring and pointing as I walked down the hallways. McGonagall was tough like yesterday. She gave us a thirty-minute lecture about not misbehaving in her class, turned her desk into a pig and made us start on working to turn a button into a pin.
In the end, Hermione was the only one who managed to do it which got a smile from McGonagall and glares from us. Charms was next. Professor Flitwick was the guy who taught it.
“ Remember the twist and flick!” he shouted out in his squeaky little voice as he leapt up and down, almost falling off his stack of high piled books.
The Potions Master, Snape, was cold and cruel. He shot a pained look at me as he read out my name. I had a feeling we were going to get along fabulously....NOT.
Professor Quirrel’s classes were a joke. Everyone made fun of his strange turban and I could see why. It gave him a pale, pinched look like he wanted to bolt out of his classroom. And I think he did.
He even looked terrified as he talked about what we were going to learn this year: vampires, werewolves, Kappa, unicorns and other stuff I’d thought had only been myths. He even looked terrified at the sight of us. I felt kinda bad for him. What had happened to him?
I’ve got to admit.... I’d always wanted to learn how to fly. Just soaring up above the clouds and laugh at the Dursleys as I left them. That was my favorite daydream when I was stuck at the Dursleys.
When I learned at lunch that we had to practice with them, my stomach dropped to the ground. Hermione was reading furiously a book called “ Quidditch Through The Ages.” Sometimes, she talked, boring us with tips from it. Ron fell asleep after 5 minutes and landed in his mashed potatoes.
When the bell rang, I shook him awake and we trudged down to Flying Lessons. A woman in gray and black robes and a whistle was waiting for us with lots of brooms lying on the ground.
“ Stand next to a broom and wait for my signal!” she ordered with a blow of her whistle. I walked up towards one and waited for everyone to get there.

Bookworm1 said...
May 29, 2013 at 11:40 am:
I noticed that you said that there were catchers quidditch team, but they're called chasers and there are only three of. Them

witchchild1234 replied...
Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:03 pm :
Thanks for the tip. I hate spell check. 

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:19 am :
Oh! I didn't notice that! Yeah, I hate spell check also.  It drives me crazy! Put up a new chapter soon!

witchchild1234 replied...
Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:15 pm :
I just also put this story up on WattPad another website for writing people. I'll most likely be putting more chapters up there but I am expierencing writer's block a lot with this book.

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20, 2013 at 8:41 pm:
This is awsome!! Why doesn't every school have something like that? :( This is well-thought out, and writen better than I would have done! (By the way, is Ari prononced Ottie Or Are-ie? I have a friend who's name is Ari prononced Ottie)

witchchild1234 replied...
May 21, 2013 at 9:12 am :
It's pronounced AR-ee like the first part of ARIanna or Ariane. It's one of my favorite names along with Lily.

May 22, 2013 at 12:18 pm :
OK, thanks!

Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:16 pm :
Cool! New chapters! I was just going through your book again and noticed something. In chapter twelve, you said there where 7 catchers. They're called chasers and there are three of them. And you didn't mention the Keeper. I just thought I'd mention that. Other then that, it's awsome.

witchchild1234 replied...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 10:53 am :
I'm really sorry. I'm relying on my memory for a lot of this but ive been trying to get stuff in the right order( even though I'm massively failing). 

Jun. 6, 2013 at 9:02 pm :
It's not a problem! Once I caught myself writing 'two' everytime I meant to write 'to'

JustAnotherOwl said...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:43 am:
Aw, I love this! Why is there not a Simulator that can put me in the Harry Potter world? But seriously, this is so good! Are you going to continue through all the seven years? And I'm confused...Is Ari actually gone from her family for seven years to be in the story? Anyway, this is incredible, such a great idea! Please continue writing :)

witchchild1234 replied...
May 8, 2013 at 7:32 pm :
No, the seven years will be during one day and I'm thinking about keeping the scar on her head for her as a reminder about her expierences. I'm definetely going to try to get through all seven years though it might take seven years!! I already have ideas for the next few years. The reason I wrote this is because I'm a HUGE HP fan and I've always wanted to be HP. I hope one day they will have a Simulator so that we can do this. It would be so cool!!!

witchchild1234 replied...
May 9, 2013 at 2:15 pm :
By the way, the next three chapters are up. From Halloween to The Game and Hagrid's Hut( talking about the Stone and Nicolas Flamel)

dancemomspotter12 said...
love this please write more it is very good and interesting!!  

witchchild1234 replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 7:43 am :
Will do. 

dancemomspotter12 replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 1:42 pm :
thanks!!