New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Like A Flower Blooming

Author's note: I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I couldn't resist writing this story. It's a little different than...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I couldn't resist writing this story. It's a little different than the original but I hope you like it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 Next »

Platform 9 and 3/4

I tested out a few spells from the Charms spellbook when I got back in my room. When I finally managed to get a quill to levitate with the spell, Wingardium Leviosa, it was dinnertime and I felt completely drained.
Why hadn’t he told me? Hagrid should have known that if I didn’t know I was a witch then I wouldn’t have known about my parents’ murder. Car crash. I now realized that everything the Dursleys had told me was a lie. They’d been keeping secrets from me my whole life and I wasn’t a forgiving person.
Downstairs, I sat down, moody.
“ Here you go, Ari. Eat up!” said Tom, enthusiastic.
I nodded at him and started eating the sausages.
“ Can I sit here?” asked a man. I nodded.
“ I’m Kingsley. Kingsley Shacklebolt. I’m an Auror,” he said importantly.
“ Sorry, what’s an Auror?” I asked confused.
“ Muggle-born? A Auror is a very special job in the Ministry that captures Death Eaters that are not in prison,” he said.
I nodded to show I understood.
“ You work for the Ministry? That’s the government for witches and wizards?” I asked.
“ Yes. The Minister is the leader like America’s President. So what’s your name?” he asked.
“ Ari,” I said, quickly.
“ Last name?”
“ I was abandoned. Don’t really have one,” I said. Half of that was true. I had been abandoned on a doorstep.
I finished my dinner and said goodbye. I’d needed to pack for tomorrow since tomorrow I was leaving for Hogwarts. Everything fit into my trunk and I double-checked to make sure that I wasn’t missing anything.
I’d traded a bit of wizard money for Muggle money so I could take the Underground to King’s Cross and to Platform 9 and 3/4. Tom handed me a ticket that Hagrid had told him to give me.
I bought a ticket in the Underground and waited quietly keeping my trunk close by. Hedwig hooted loudly a few times and I got a few weird looks for her. In King’s Cross, I looked around until I found Platform 9 and Platform 10. Platform 9 and 3/4 hadn’t been built yet apparently since I couldn’t find it.
I was pacing around Platform 9 seriously freaking out until I heard a loud voice saying,” Packed as usual with Muggles. Come on, kids. Platform 9 and 3/4 is this way.” The speaker was a plump woman with flaming red hair followed by several boys and one girl each with bright red hair.
I made my mind immediately. I walked over to her and said awkwardly,” Um... Excuse me. I don’t know how to get onto the... platform?”
“ You’re a first-year? My son, Ron is also starting at Hogwarts,” she said, pointing at the youngest of all the boys. I smiled at him and his ears went red.
“ I’m Ari,” I said, nervously.
“ Well, Ari, you walk straight towards that barrier and walk through it. Do it at a run if you’re nervous,” she said, kindly. Run into a wall. You have got to be kidding me!
I took a huge breath and brought out at a run. The barrier was coming closer and closer. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact. Nothing. I opened my eyes and found myself on another platform. The sign said Platform 9 and 3/4. Ron was behind me all of a sudden.
“ I’m Mrs. Weasley. This is my son, Percy, Fred, George, Ron and my daughter Ginny,” she said, pointing at the girl.
“ Thank you for showing me how to get on,” I said.
“ Where are your parents?” said Mrs. Weasley, looking like she’d just realized something.
“ They’re dead,” I said quietly.
“ Oh. I’m so sorry,” she said.
“ How’d it happen?” asked one of the boys. He was a twin, Fred or George?
“ George! “ said Mrs. Weasley, outraged, looking at him.
“ I should get onto the train. Thanks again. And bye,” I said. In a second, I was lost in the crowd of students. I pulled my trunk onto the train and pulled it with Hedwig’s cage into the first empty compartment that I could find.
Ron Weasley found me pretty quickly.
“ Sorry. Can I sit here? Everywhere else is full,” he said, miserably.
“ Sure,” I said.
“ I’m sorry. About your parents and about my brothers. They’re idiots,” he said.
“ Who? My parents? Or your brothers?” I said with a big smile to show him I was joking.
“ My brothers,” he said.
“ It’s not your fault. They died when I was really little,” I said. It’s Voldemort’s fault, I thought to myself.
“ So... how do you...?” asked Ron. I didn’t know what he was going to say because he was loudly interrupted by a “ There you are, Ron!” Fred and George had found us.
I groaned inwardly and put a very fake smile on my face.
“ Oh... look, Fred. Ari’s here too. You never told us how your parents died,” he said.
“ They were murdered,” I said, rummaging through my backpack for my sketchbook. I flipped it open and started sketching the compartment and a red-haired boy with a lopsided smile.
When I looked up, Fred and George were gone and a tiny woman was in the corner with a cart that was piled high with sweets. I bought some of everything and found out what my favorites were.
Ron cheered up when the sweets showed up and I shared with him. Soon, it started getting dark and the sweets were long gone. No one had come in until a chubby, depressed boy came in, yelling about a toad.
“ Sorry. I haven’t seen a toad,” I said, smiling at him to cheer him up.
Ron simply shrugged and, when he left, started to talk to me again.
“ So, do you know what House you’ll be in?” he asked.
“ Houses?” I asked.
“ You know at Hogwarts. There are four: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. My whole family has been in Gryffindor. I’m going to have a lot of exceptions,” he said, dully.
“ I don’t know. My aunt and uncle never talk about my parents. They’re Muggles,” I explained.
Ron nodded.
“ Have you seen a toad? Neville’s lost one,” said a bossy voice. I turned my head to see a girl with bushy brown hair and blue eyes come in, dragging in the boy who’d been looking for his toad earlier.
“ No. We’ve already told him,” Ron said.
“ Oh. I’m Hermione Granger. Who are you?” she asked.
“ Ron Weasley,” Ron said.
“ Ari,” I said quietly.
“ Is there a last name to that?” she asked.
“ I don’t like my last name that much. People tend to get a different perspective of who I am than what I want,” I said, mixing truth and lie into one.
Hermione shrugged and left.
“ Oh. You’d better change. We’ll be arriving soon,” said Hermione.

Bookworm1 said...
May 29, 2013 at 11:40 am:
I noticed that you said that there were catchers quidditch team, but they're called chasers and there are only three of. Them

witchchild1234 replied...
Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:03 pm :
Thanks for the tip. I hate spell check. 

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:19 am :
Oh! I didn't notice that! Yeah, I hate spell check also.  It drives me crazy! Put up a new chapter soon!

witchchild1234 replied...
Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:15 pm :
I just also put this story up on WattPad another website for writing people. I'll most likely be putting more chapters up there but I am expierencing writer's block a lot with this book.

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20, 2013 at 8:41 pm:
This is awsome!! Why doesn't every school have something like that? :( This is well-thought out, and writen better than I would have done! (By the way, is Ari prononced Ottie Or Are-ie? I have a friend who's name is Ari prononced Ottie)

witchchild1234 replied...
May 21, 2013 at 9:12 am :
It's pronounced AR-ee like the first part of ARIanna or Ariane. It's one of my favorite names along with Lily.

May 22, 2013 at 12:18 pm :
OK, thanks!

Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:16 pm :
Cool! New chapters! I was just going through your book again and noticed something. In chapter twelve, you said there where 7 catchers. They're called chasers and there are three of them. And you didn't mention the Keeper. I just thought I'd mention that. Other then that, it's awsome.

witchchild1234 replied...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 10:53 am :
I'm really sorry. I'm relying on my memory for a lot of this but ive been trying to get stuff in the right order( even though I'm massively failing). 

Jun. 6, 2013 at 9:02 pm :
It's not a problem! Once I caught myself writing 'two' everytime I meant to write 'to'

JustAnotherOwl said...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:43 am:
Aw, I love this! Why is there not a Simulator that can put me in the Harry Potter world? But seriously, this is so good! Are you going to continue through all the seven years? And I'm confused...Is Ari actually gone from her family for seven years to be in the story? Anyway, this is incredible, such a great idea! Please continue writing :)

witchchild1234 replied...
May 8, 2013 at 7:32 pm :
No, the seven years will be during one day and I'm thinking about keeping the scar on her head for her as a reminder about her expierences. I'm definetely going to try to get through all seven years though it might take seven years!! I already have ideas for the next few years. The reason I wrote this is because I'm a HUGE HP fan and I've always wanted to be HP. I hope one day they will have a Simulator so that we can do this. It would be so cool!!!

witchchild1234 replied...
May 9, 2013 at 2:15 pm :
By the way, the next three chapters are up. From Halloween to The Game and Hagrid's Hut( talking about the Stone and Nicolas Flamel)

dancemomspotter12 said...
love this please write more it is very good and interesting!!  

witchchild1234 replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 7:43 am :
Will do. 

dancemomspotter12 replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 1:42 pm :
thanks!!