Like A Flower Blooming

Author's note: I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I couldn't resist writing this story. It's a little different than...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I couldn't resist writing this story. It's a little different than the original but I hope you like it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 Next »

The Truth

The next few weeks went by like a haze. I woke up, fed Hedwig, the owl Hagrid had left in my room as my birthday present, dressed in Muggle clothes, and went looking around Diagon Alley. I still hadn’t gotten my wand and my school stuff for some reason. I was determined to get them soon so I walked up into Diagon Alley and started to buy stuff. The first thing was a trunk to hold everything in it.
When I was walking past the bookstore with my school supply list in my hand, I noticed a newspaper lying on a stand. I looked closer at the front page: POTTER GIRL STILL MISSING: Is Arianna Potter walking among us? I paid quickly for the magazine and read the article:
It’s been almost 10 years since the historic moment when baby Arianna Potter single-handedly defeated the most evil wizard the world has ever seen and escaped the encounter with nothing more than a scar for the world to remember it.
Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts, has been very close-lipped about the matter only saying,” Arianna has been moved from the place where she’s been living for the next 10 years to a place where she can get used to the idea of magic.”
Further research showed that Arianna has been living for the past 10 years with her mother’s sister, Petunia Dursley, her husband, Vernon and their 11-year-old son, Dudley. Your Daily Prophet Reporter has also found that Arianna may have suffered years of abuse under their ‘ care’ and may have not had any idea that she was a witch until a few weeks or of her famous history. So for the sake of little Arianna Potter, we will tell that horrible tale.
Three decades ago, the wizarding world was terrorized by a evil wizard by the name of Voldemort or as many now call him, You-Know-Who or He-That-Must-Not-Be-Named. He started to murder people purely for the pleasure of it. Those who stood against him were killed immediately by the infamous Killing Curse. There has only been one survivor of that curse.
Then on Halloween, 1980, You-Know-Who went to Godric’s Hallow where Lily, James and Arianna Potter were living happily there. The details of what happened are unknown but what we know is very little. James Potter was found lying on the stairs which can be led to believe that he had stood against You-Know-Who without a wand while his wife ran with their child. Lily was found in the nursery in front of the crib with Arianna inside, crying.
Her forehead was branded by an ugly lightning-shaped scar, that specialists say, that will stay there for the rest of her life. Rubeus Hagrid, gatekeeper at Hogwarts, came shortly to take the baby away and take it to where she lived for the last 10 years.
The Ministry is doing their best to locate Arianna Potter before the term starts at Hogwarts. There have been several searches at the Leaky Cauldron, trying to find a girl with a special scar but it appears if Arianna doesn’t want to be found, she won’t be.

I let the paper drop out of my hands onto the ground. So that’s why he didn’t want me to tell anyone. What had he told me? You-Know-Who’s supporters were out looking for me. I didn’t want anyone to find out who I was right now since the supporters of the guy I’d defeated were looking for me. Plus I didn’t like attention and I was guessing I’d get enough in Hogwarts.
I ordered a sundae to calm down my nerves and stuffed the newspaper into my trunk. I quickly bought all my school books, the school robes, and everything else I needed. My last thing I needed was a wand. I walked into Ollivanders, trying to smile at the people who’d just left.
“Ah... Lily Evans. It’s so nice to see you again. But I thought you were dead,” said a strange old man popping out of nowhere.
“ I’m not... I mean my name is Ari, not Lily,” I said quickly.
“ Ari, short for Arianna, I’m guessing.” I went bright red. “You look extraordinarily like your mother, poor child. Now, back to business, let’s see. Your mother’s first wand would suit you since you look so much like her,” he said as he walked over to the bookshelves and started tapping on the wand cases. He pulled out a case with a “ Ah ha!” and took out the wand inside.
He gave it to me and I held it, feeling stupid.
“ Flick it!” he said, obviously. I gave it a tiny flick and the windows shattered. Wide-eyed, I pressed it onto the desk and put my hands off of it.
“ Hmmm... Maybe your father’s?” he said. That made the bookshelves collapse. The stack of wands grew higher until he said, “ Unusual combination but why not?” He handed me a wand and a warm glow filled up inside me. The wand was shining brightly. Way too bright.
The brightness finally dimmed and I saw a waiting hand.
“ That’ll be seven Gallons please,” he said.

Bookworm1 said...
May 29, 2013 at 11:40 am:
I noticed that you said that there were catchers quidditch team, but they're called chasers and there are only three of. Them

witchchild1234 replied...
Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:03 pm :
Thanks for the tip. I hate spell check. 

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:19 am :
Oh! I didn't notice that! Yeah, I hate spell check also.  It drives me crazy! Put up a new chapter soon!

witchchild1234 replied...
Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:15 pm :
I just also put this story up on WattPad another website for writing people. I'll most likely be putting more chapters up there but I am expierencing writer's block a lot with this book.

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20, 2013 at 8:41 pm:
This is awsome!! Why doesn't every school have something like that? :( This is well-thought out, and writen better than I would have done! (By the way, is Ari prononced Ottie Or Are-ie? I have a friend who's name is Ari prononced Ottie)

witchchild1234 replied...
May 21, 2013 at 9:12 am :
It's pronounced AR-ee like the first part of ARIanna or Ariane. It's one of my favorite names along with Lily.

May 22, 2013 at 12:18 pm :
OK, thanks!

Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:16 pm :
Cool! New chapters! I was just going through your book again and noticed something. In chapter twelve, you said there where 7 catchers. They're called chasers and there are three of them. And you didn't mention the Keeper. I just thought I'd mention that. Other then that, it's awsome.

witchchild1234 replied...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 10:53 am :
I'm really sorry. I'm relying on my memory for a lot of this but ive been trying to get stuff in the right order( even though I'm massively failing). 

Jun. 6, 2013 at 9:02 pm :
It's not a problem! Once I caught myself writing 'two' everytime I meant to write 'to'

JustAnotherOwl said...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:43 am:
Aw, I love this! Why is there not a Simulator that can put me in the Harry Potter world? But seriously, this is so good! Are you going to continue through all the seven years? And I'm confused...Is Ari actually gone from her family for seven years to be in the story? Anyway, this is incredible, such a great idea! Please continue writing :)

witchchild1234 replied...
May 8, 2013 at 7:32 pm :
No, the seven years will be during one day and I'm thinking about keeping the scar on her head for her as a reminder about her expierences. I'm definetely going to try to get through all seven years though it might take seven years!! I already have ideas for the next few years. The reason I wrote this is because I'm a HUGE HP fan and I've always wanted to be HP. I hope one day they will have a Simulator so that we can do this. It would be so cool!!!

witchchild1234 replied...
May 9, 2013 at 2:15 pm :
By the way, the next three chapters are up. From Halloween to The Game and Hagrid's Hut( talking about the Stone and Nicolas Flamel)

dancemomspotter12 said...
love this please write more it is very good and interesting!!  

witchchild1234 replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 7:43 am :
Will do. 

dancemomspotter12 replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 1:42 pm :
thanks!!