Like A Flower Blooming

Author's note: I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I couldn't resist writing this story. It's a little different than...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I couldn't resist writing this story. It's a little different than the original but I hope you like it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Next »

Diagon Alley

I woke up in the morning in a soft bed in a room. I tried to remember what had happened the last night and then it all came back. Hagrid- the Dursleys- I was a witch!
My suitcase and stuff was in the room and I pulled out jeans and a blouse. I braided my hair and pinned my bangs so they didn’t show the scar. Was it the reason they’d come looking for me? A scar from a car crash? I thought suddenly. I wasn’t exactly sure.
Downstairs, Hagrid was laughing with some man at the bar.
“ Ah. There you are. Get her a breakfast menu. She needs to get fattened up,” said Hagrid, beaming at me.
I sat down and a menu zoomed towards me. Without thinking, I caught it easily and pulled it in front of me.
“ She’s got good reflexes. How are you on a broom?” asked the bartender.
“ Um.... I’ve never been on one,” I answered.
“ She was raised by Muggles,” answered Hagrid.
“ What are Muggles?” I asked.
“ Non-magic folk. Now what do you want to eat? My treat. Then we get you your gold,” said Hagrid.
After breakfast, Hagrid took me out to the back and took out his umbrella.
“ Uh... Where are we going?” I asked.
“ Diagon Alley,” said Hagrid like it was obvious.
I kept my mouth shut and he started tapping the bricks in an order. Then they started moving! My mouth fell open as they moved away to reveal a huge alley full of people and odd shops and a huge marble building at the end.
“ Welcome to Diagon Alley,” said Hagrid proudly.
My mouth stayed open as we walked past snowy owls in cages, weird flowers, and people in weird clothing.
“ That’s Gringotts,” said Hagrid, pointing at the marble building. “ It’s the wizards’ bank and where we’re headed first.”
“ Um... Hagrid. I’m pretty sure I don’t have money for all of this. Or a bank account,” I said, eyeing the building as we walked closer.
“ No. But your parents did. And all their gold is in there,” said Hagrid. I decided to go with it. Gringotts was huge. We went to one of the goblins at the desks and Hagrid spoke for me.
“ Arianna Potter would like to make a withdrawal,” Hagrid said quietly.
“ Key,” said the goblin after looking at me.
“ Here,” said Hagrid, producing a tiny golden key out of one of his many pockets.
The ride in the cart was long and dark. We stopped first at my vault. The goblin put the key in a hidden keyhole and the door slowly opened. My mouth dropped open. A huge pile of gold, silver and bronze lay in the middle of the room.
Hagrid explained to me about Knuts, Sickles and Gallons as I pooled as much as I could into a pouch. We made one stop before going up. Inside a grubby, cold vault, Hagrid picked up a tiny package.
“ What was that?” I asked him when we were in daylight. He pretended to be deaf.
“ Alright. You have your school supply list, right? You can make it back to the Leaky Cauldron, fine. If you need help, ask one of the shop assistants,” he said.
“ Ok,” I said, looking at my list and back up. Hagrid was gone.

Bookworm1 said...
May 29, 2013 at 11:40 am:
I noticed that you said that there were catchers quidditch team, but they're called chasers and there are only three of. Them

witchchild1234 replied...
Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:03 pm :
Thanks for the tip. I hate spell check. 

Barnowl14 replied...
Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:19 am :
Oh! I didn't notice that! Yeah, I hate spell check also.  It drives me crazy! Put up a new chapter soon!

witchchild1234 replied...
Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:15 pm :
I just also put this story up on WattPad another website for writing people. I'll most likely be putting more chapters up there but I am expierencing writer's block a lot with this book.

Barnowl14 said...
May 20, 2013 at 8:41 pm:
This is awsome!! Why doesn't every school have something like that? :( This is well-thought out, and writen better than I would have done! (By the way, is Ari prononced Ottie Or Are-ie? I have a friend who's name is Ari prononced Ottie)

witchchild1234 replied...
May 21, 2013 at 9:12 am :
It's pronounced AR-ee like the first part of ARIanna or Ariane. It's one of my favorite names along with Lily.

Barnowl14 replied...
May 22, 2013 at 12:18 pm :
OK, thanks!

Barnowl14 replied...
Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:16 pm :
Cool! New chapters! I was just going through your book again and noticed something. In chapter twelve, you said there where 7 catchers. They're called chasers and there are three of them. And you didn't mention the Keeper. I just thought I'd mention that. Other then that, it's awsome.

witchchild1234 replied...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 10:53 am :
I'm really sorry. I'm relying on my memory for a lot of this but ive been trying to get stuff in the right order( even though I'm massively failing). 

Barnowl14 replied...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 9:02 pm :
It's not a problem! Once I caught myself writing 'two' everytime I meant to write 'to'

JustAnotherOwl said...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:43 am:
Aw, I love this! Why is there not a Simulator that can put me in the Harry Potter world? But seriously, this is so good! Are you going to continue through all the seven years? And I'm confused...Is Ari actually gone from her family for seven years to be in the story? Anyway, this is incredible, such a great idea! Please continue writing :)

witchchild1234 replied...
May 8, 2013 at 7:32 pm :
No, the seven years will be during one day and I'm thinking about keeping the scar on her head for her as a reminder about her expierences. I'm definetely going to try to get through all seven years though it might take seven years!! I already have ideas for the next few years. The reason I wrote this is because I'm a HUGE HP fan and I've always wanted to be HP. I hope one day they will have a Simulator so that we can do this. It would be so cool!!!

witchchild1234 replied...
May 9, 2013 at 2:15 pm :
By the way, the next three chapters are up. From Halloween to The Game and Hagrid's Hut( talking about the Stone and Nicolas Flamel)

dancemomspotter12 said...
love this please write more it is very good and interesting!!  

witchchild1234 replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 7:43 am :
Will do. 

dancemomspotter12 replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 1:42 pm :
thanks!!