Like A Flower Blooming

Author's note: I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I couldn't resist writing this story. It's a little different than...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I couldn't resist writing this story. It's a little different than the original but I hope you like it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Next »

Hagrid

“ Where’s the cannon?” Dudley said, stupidly, waking up. I scrambled up and into the corner. Uncle Vernon came running in, holding a gun.
“ Who’s there?” he yelled. “ I warn you. I’m armed.”
The door came right off it’s hooks and a massive figure was seen. Dudley screamed as it came in. Thump, Thump, Thump! went its shoes. When it came into the light, I saw that it was a giant man with bushy brown hair and twinkling brown eyes.
“ Alright. I’m looking for James and Lily’s kid. Wouldn’t happen to know Arianna, would you?” he said, formally. I gulped.
“ Get out of here!” yelled Uncle Vernon, brandishing his gun like it was a knife. The man’s eyes narrowed. He twisted up the gun and threw it into the corner. Uncle Vernon squeaked.
“ Boy. Can you tell where Arianna Potter is?” he said, addressing Dudley.
“ Ar...Ari,” squeaked Dudley. He looked at me and the man turned around.
I stepped out, cautiously.
“ Lily?” said the man, surprised. Aunt Petunia suddenly looked bitter.
“ I’m Ari,” I said, quietly.
“ Well... Ari... you look exactly like your mother,” said the man.
“ You knew my mother?” I said, unbelievingly.
The man sat down and said, “ Yes. I knew her while she was at Hogwarts. Your father, too. They were great people. You’ll know all about Hogwarts, of course.”
“ Um.... What’s Hogwarts?” I asked.
“ Where do you think they learned it all, Ari?” said the man.
“ All what? What’s your name?” I asked.
“ I’m Hagrid, the Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts,” he said.
“ Wait a minute. Does she mean that she knows NOTHING? NOTHING AT ALL.”
That was a bit extreme. I could do math and stuff. My grades were okay. Uncle Vernon started turning colors again and shaking.
“ Hey! I can do math and stuff,” I said.
“ Your world. Your parents’ world. My world,” said Hagrid.
“ What world?” I asked.
“ Dursley! I was there when Dumbledore put her on your doorstep and left you lot a letter to tell her. We’d do the rest,” he growled.
“ What letter? You put me on their doorstep?” I said, amazed.
“ Don’t tell her anything. I forbid you!” yelled Uncle Vernon.
“ Oh... shut up! Ari... you’re a witch,” said Hagrid. My world came tumbling down. Aunt Petunia toppled over, her hair curlers falling off. Uncle Vernon glared at Hagrid like he wanted to strangle him.
“ What?!” I gasped.
“ You’re a witch. And a pretty good one once you’ve been trained up a bit,” said Hagrid.
Impossible. I wasn’t- I couldn’t be a witch.
“ Um... Hagrid. There’s no way I could be a witch. It’s impossible,” I said.
“ Ever done anything strange when you were angry or upset,” he said. I’m having this conversation, I thought. But then scenes started to fill my head. My teacher’s wig that I’d turned blue. The rooftop incident.
“ Arianna Potter, not a witch. You’ll fit in right at Hogwarts,” said Hagrid, chuckling.
“ No, she won’t,” yelled Uncle Vernon. “ I’ve read those letters. She has to get all this ridiculous things like a wand and a cauldron.”
“ I’d like to see a great big Muggle like yourself try to stop Arianna Potter from going to Hogwarts. She’ll be with people who will like her and support her the way you haven’t. She’ll learn magic from the finest headmaster Hogwarts has ever seen. Albus Dumbledore,” said Hagrid.
“ I won’t let a crackpot old fool teach her magic tricks!” yelled Uncle Vernon.
Hagrid’s eyes flashed. “ Don’t insult Albus Dumbledore in front of me,” he said. He brought out a flimsy pink umbrella and aimed it at Dudley. Dudley squealed as a pink pig tail grew out of his butt.
I was too shocked to laugh at all. I had just seen magic. Real magic. The Dursleys screamed, running into the other room.
“ Meant to turn him into a pig. But he was already too much like one. Are you alright, Ari?” asked Hagrid.
“ I’m fine,” I said.
“ Oh... I totally forgot. Here,” he reached into his coat pocket and drew out a box. I opened it to find a sticky birthday cake with Happy 11th Birthday, Ari! written on it.
“ Thank you. No one’s ever given me a birthday cake before,” I said, looking up at him.
He smiled and said,” So... if you want to stay with this lot, go ahead. Or do you want to come with me? See the wizarding world? Meet new people?”
“ Go with you,” I said immediately. He smiled.
“ Oh... by the way. If you could keep your last name and your scar to yourself, then I don’t think that you’ll have any problems,” he said.
“ Why?” I asked.
“ Nothing that you have to worry about, just don’t tell anyone your name is Arianna. Ari should be fine though. You-Know-Who’s supporters have been looking for you the last few weeks so it should be good if you keep a low profile, ok?” he asked.
“ Who’s You-Know-Who?” I asked.
“ No one you have to worry about. He’s dead. Well, that’s what people think. His supporters are a different story though,” said Hagrid. I was really confused but I kept my mouth shut. I picked up my backpack and started to roll my suitcase behind me out of the door, following Hagrid.

This book has 16 comments. Post your own now!

Bookworm1 said...
May 29, 2013 at 11:40 am
I noticed that you said that there were catchers quidditch team, but they're called chasers and there are only three of. Them

witchchild1234 replied...
Thanks for the tip. I hate spell check. 

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:19 am
Oh! I didn't notice that! Yeah, I hate spell check also.  It drives me crazy! Put up a new chapter soon!

witchchild1234 replied...
I just also put this story up on WattPad another website for writing people. I'll most likely be putting more chapters up there but I am expierencing writer's block a lot with this book.

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is awsome!! Why doesn't every school have something like that? :( This is well-thought out, and writen better than I would have done! (By the way, is Ari prononced Ottie Or Are-ie? I have a friend who's name is Ari prononced Ottie)

witchchild1234 replied...
May 21, 2013 at 9:12 am
It's pronounced AR-ee like the first part of ARIanna or Ariane. It's one of my favorite names along with Lily.

OK, thanks!

Cool! New chapters! I was just going through your book again and noticed something. In chapter twelve, you said there where 7 catchers. They're called chasers and there are three of them. And you didn't mention the Keeper. I just thought I'd mention that. Other then that, it's awsome.

witchchild1234 replied...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 10:53 am
I'm really sorry. I'm relying on my memory for a lot of this but ive been trying to get stuff in the right order( even though I'm massively failing). 

It's not a problem! Once I caught myself writing 'two' everytime I meant to write 'to'

JustAnotherOwl said...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:43 am
Aw, I love this! Why is there not a Simulator that can put me in the Harry Potter world? But seriously, this is so good! Are you going to continue through all the seven years? And I'm confused...Is Ari actually gone from her family for seven years to be in the story? Anyway, this is incredible, such a great idea! Please continue writing :)

witchchild1234 replied...
No, the seven years will be during one day and I'm thinking about keeping the scar on her head for her as a reminder about her expierences. I'm definetely going to try to get through all seven years though it might take seven years!! I already have ideas for the next few years. The reason I wrote this is because I'm a HUGE HP fan and I've always wanted to be HP. I hope one day they will have a Simulator so that we can do this. It would be so cool!!!

witchchild1234 replied...
By the way, the next three chapters are up. From Halloween to The Game and Hagrid's Hut( talking about the Stone and Nicolas Flamel)

dancemomspotter12 said...
love this please write more it is very good and interesting!!  

witchchild1234 replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 7:43 am
Will do. 

dancemomspotter12 replied...
thanks!!