Like A Flower Blooming

Author's note: I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I couldn't resist writing this story. It's a little different than...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I couldn't resist writing this story. It's a little different than the original but I hope you like it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Next »

The Simulation

I was in a store, that was my first guess. It was full of clothes, glasses, hair accessories and etcetera. My hair was straight and white when I looked down. I went down to the first section and chose red, curly hair and green eyes in the screen. I wanted to feel like myself through this whole experience.
I found a suitcase in the next one and chose a purple one, the one that seemed the most intact. The others were falling apart. I reminded myself that Harry had nothing in the beginning. I went towards the glasses and choose ones like Harry. It’s the 90’s, I reminded myself. 20 years ago.
Luckily, 20 years ago, they had jeans and I pulled three pairs, a ton of T-shirts, a few leather jackets, sweaters, 2 dresses, 2 sneakers, dress shoes, a winter jacket, winter hat, gloves, PJ’s, jewelry, other accessories and some other clothes into the suitcase, surprised it all fit in. I got a backpack and stuffed in five drawing pads, coloring pencils, markers, paint brushes, paint, a few canvases, books and a diary to keep my adventures in.
I grabbed an extra pair of glasses, remembering that Harry broke them a lot and stepped into the Finished circle. I opened my eyes and found myself in the dark.
“ Wake up!” I heard a shrill voice. “ Now!”
I rubbed my eyes and groped around for the light switch. I found it and pulled it. I felt above for what felt like a shelf and found my glasses. Putting them on, I noticed that one lens was cracked.
I was in a tiny cupboard. At the end was my backpack and suitcase. I was lying on a thin mattress with a pillow and a thin blanket. There were drawers above me where boxes of stuff were stacked.
I pulled out a T-shirt and jeans from the suitcase. I tied my hair back and tied my sneakers. I opened up the door and walked into the hallway. It was flowery like an old-fashioned English home.
There were a few pictures and when I looked at them, I saw a fat boy with light brown hair smiling at the camera. A black-haired lady stood next to him and another man with gray hair and a mustache. Dudley, Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon.
I walked through the door, remembering that it led to the kitchen. Aunt Petunia pointed at the stove with a frown and I walked over, seeing bacon in a pan. I remembered the “family” tradition where I had to serve them all breakfast. I got a spatula from the cabinet and lifted up the pan. I piled three on Uncle Vernon’s plate, one on Aunt Petunia, three on Dudley’s and 2 for me.
I looked into the part that was the living room and gasped. You couldn’t see the floor because of all the presents that were lying there. There were tons! I knew instantly that Dudley was a spoiled brat.
Dudley walked in and smiled as he saw the presents. Then he whirled on his dad and shouted,” How many are there?”
“ Thirty-six. Counted them myself,” Uncle Vernon said proudly.
“ Thirty-six! Last year, I had thirty-seven!” he yelled. I could see a Dudley tantrum coming and quickly wolfed up my bacon so that when the table was flipped I was already done with breakfast. Aunt Petunia came to the rescue.
“ When we’re out, we’ll buy you two new presents. How about that?” she said, hurriedly. I heard the doorbell ring and Dudley brightened up. I guessed he didn’t want to be seen crying in front of one of his best friends.
Instead of taking me in the car to the zoo like they’d done in the book, I stayed home which was fine with me. I had to do some sketching. I sat down in my cupboard and started drawing the dusty steps and the cobweb in the corner.
After drawing those, I drew the threadbare blanket and colored it in a filmy, worn-out blue. I colored in the steps and made the cobweb a silvery color. I snuck out and raided the pantry, getting some candy, granola bars and other food that won’t be noticed for a safety supply.
I hid them in my backpack and heard the front door open.
“ Potter!” yelled Uncle Vernon.
“ Coming,” I yelled back. I walked out to face him. His blonde hair was still down flat. Maybe he used gel? Dudley scowled at me and I raised an eyebrow at him.
“ What?” I asked.
“ I didn’t burn the house down, obviously,” I said with extreme sarcasm in my voice. Uncle Vernon’s eyes flashed dangerously but I stood my ground.
“ Cupboard! NOW!” he yelled. I walked over to my cupboard and slammed the door shut behind me. I wish my parents were alive, I thought as I heard the lock click. I flipped open my sketch pad, got out my coloring pencils and a mirror. I wanted a picture of myself to show Emily and to prove to my family that I had been Ari Potter.
I started on the head and made the point of the chin. I made the large green eyes and the small nose. I made my eyebrows brown and drew the ugly lightning scar with my side bangs over it.
I snapped my sketch book shut and stared into space. I leaned back and closed my eyes. When was I going to get out of this prison?
The months went by really quickly considering I spent them in a cupboard. When I was finally let out, summer vacation had started and I was extremely bored. I spent what I could outside or at the library, reading a book in the corner. There were some very interesting ones which I liked a lot.
The letter came a few days before my 11th birthday. I heard the mail come in and went into the hallway to get it like every morning. I looked through the mail, hoping for my letter like every morning and there it was: Ms. A. Potter, The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey.
I shoved it into my jacket pocket to open it later and went inside to give the rest of the mail to Uncle Vernon. I sat back down and kept on eating my eggs. Sadly, Dudley was sitting next to me.
“ Dad, Ari’s got something in her jacket,” he tattle-tailed, pulling out the letter before I knew it.
“ Hey! Give that back! It’s mine!” I complained as I lunged for it.
He threw it to his dad who said,” Who’d be writing to YOU?” Chuckling, he read the address and turned it over. He went from skin color to pale to green to purple then back to skin color.
“ P-Petunia!” he gasped. She read the back where there was some kind of seal.
“ V-Vernon!” she gasped, doing the stoplight colors like Uncle Vernon had just done.
“ Can I see it?” said Dudley, impatiently.
“ Give me my letter!” I shouted, standing up.
“ Get out! Dudley, go to your room. Arianna, your cupboard!” he yelled.
“ Give me my letter!” I shouted again. He pushed me out to the room and into the hallway.

This book has 16 comments. Post your own now!

Bookworm1 said...
May 29, 2013 at 11:40 am
I noticed that you said that there were catchers quidditch team, but they're called chasers and there are only three of. Them

witchchild1234 replied...
Thanks for the tip. I hate spell check. 

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:19 am
Oh! I didn't notice that! Yeah, I hate spell check also.  It drives me crazy! Put up a new chapter soon!

witchchild1234 replied...
I just also put this story up on WattPad another website for writing people. I'll most likely be putting more chapters up there but I am expierencing writer's block a lot with this book.

Barnowl14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is awsome!! Why doesn't every school have something like that? :( This is well-thought out, and writen better than I would have done! (By the way, is Ari prononced Ottie Or Are-ie? I have a friend who's name is Ari prononced Ottie)

witchchild1234 replied...
May 21, 2013 at 9:12 am
It's pronounced AR-ee like the first part of ARIanna or Ariane. It's one of my favorite names along with Lily.

OK, thanks!

Cool! New chapters! I was just going through your book again and noticed something. In chapter twelve, you said there where 7 catchers. They're called chasers and there are three of them. And you didn't mention the Keeper. I just thought I'd mention that. Other then that, it's awsome.

witchchild1234 replied...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 10:53 am
I'm really sorry. I'm relying on my memory for a lot of this but ive been trying to get stuff in the right order( even though I'm massively failing). 

It's not a problem! Once I caught myself writing 'two' everytime I meant to write 'to'

JustAnotherOwl said...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:43 am
Aw, I love this! Why is there not a Simulator that can put me in the Harry Potter world? But seriously, this is so good! Are you going to continue through all the seven years? And I'm confused...Is Ari actually gone from her family for seven years to be in the story? Anyway, this is incredible, such a great idea! Please continue writing :)

witchchild1234 replied...
No, the seven years will be during one day and I'm thinking about keeping the scar on her head for her as a reminder about her expierences. I'm definetely going to try to get through all seven years though it might take seven years!! I already have ideas for the next few years. The reason I wrote this is because I'm a HUGE HP fan and I've always wanted to be HP. I hope one day they will have a Simulator so that we can do this. It would be so cool!!!

witchchild1234 replied...
By the way, the next three chapters are up. From Halloween to The Game and Hagrid's Hut( talking about the Stone and Nicolas Flamel)

dancemomspotter12 said...
love this please write more it is very good and interesting!!  

witchchild1234 replied...
Sept. 17, 2012 at 7:43 am
Will do. 

dancemomspotter12 replied...
thanks!!