Keeping Marie

Author's note: AVID DIRECTIONERS READ ONLY. otherwise you wont understand the cutsies in it. TANKS
Author's note: AVID DIRECTIONERS READ ONLY. otherwise you wont understand the cutsies in it. TANKS  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

Light up my world like nobody else

"Okay," Marie hugged her mom tightly. She buried her face in the older woman's shoulder. "Love you, mom. I'll be fine." They broke apart and she picked up her bags.

"Be careful!" Amy called after her oldest daughter. She had to let Marie go, she knew, but that was her baby.

The grown woman of seventeen years was still the five year old who'd made her break by calling her mom for the first time. Marie was a little girl, wise beyond her years, going off on her sister for treating their mom like crap. She was the broken pre-teen in love with her best friend. She was the victim who would never admit weakness. She was...She was all grown up and driving away to Chicago.

"I'll call you the first time I stop, okay?" Marie got inside her car and, after centering herself, started it. "I'll be fine." She repeated, only to herself. After turning the music all the way up she turned onto the highway.

***

Harry's snort woke the oldest member of the band whose shoulder he was sleeping on. Louis shifted slightly to get his ear farther from the curly boy's mouth.

"Hey, Lou." Liam greeted his band mate when he saw that he was awake. He glanced back down at the smooth, lit up screen of his phone.

"Danielle?" Louis asked, gazing sleepily across the aisle of the plane. Liam nodded as his thumbs tapped and slid, texting his girlfriend back. A noncommittal noise fell from between the older boy's parted lips. When the younger glanced back up it was to find he was again the only one awake.

Only two more hours until the plane would land. All of the boys were asleep then, except Niall. The blonde woke up to find his legs in a twist with Liam's. He very carefully untangled their limbs so he could sit up.

The Irish boy prepped himself for the next show. He logged into twitter on his laptop and went through his mentions.
@Larrys_Gurl
@NiallOfficial Love ya, Nialler! So excited to meet you!
@Marie_Stylinson
Going to see @NiallOfficial in concert! Have a good time in
Detroit!

He clicked on the Marie girl's profile and went through her tweets. Niall smiled as he scrolled. There was so much love in this one girl.
@Marie_Stylinson
@NiallOfficial hey love, have a good night (: x

"Marie...” Niall tested the name and liked the way it tasted. He'd have to keep an eye out for her. The Irish boy logged into his fake fan account and followed Marie.
@kidrhaulღ
@Marie_Stylinson I love your account!

Marie picked up her phone from the side table in her hotel room. "Yay! New followers!" She squealed and plopped down on the loveseat.
@Marie_Stylinson
@kidrhaulღ Aw! thanks dear! how are you on this fine
evening?

@kidrhaulღ
@Marie_Stylinson I'm peachy. x I have a Q. U love 1D, obv. But who's ur fav?

Marie bit her lip, chewing thoughtfully.
@Marie_Stylinson
@kidrhaulღ I <3 them all. Each individually...but Niall is... beautiful to me. x You?

@kidrhaulღ
@Marie_Stylinson So Niall's your favorite?

@Marie_Stylinson
@kidrhaulღ sort of, yea. I love him the most but the rest all equally& almost as much. x

Niall sat back in his chair and smiled at the laptop screen.

The plane landed and the boys woke up to grab their bags and get off. Liam noticed Niall's little bounce and smiled, happy to see the Irish boy was in a lighter mood. Louis and Zayn lagged behind, still half asleep.

Paul rounded the tired artists into the van and drove them to the hotel they'd be staying in. Girls swarmed around them when they got out. The Americans were loud, they already knew, but that volume had escalated in the last year.

"Hey," Harry dimpled at the cute girls in front of him. "Yeah, I'll take the picture." He answered, taking the pretty blonde's phone and posing with her and her friend. They both tugged their skirts down and wrapped an arm around him. The camera flashed and a new girl took their place.

Only about 20 girls rallied for Niall's attention. He stood with each of them, his arm around their shoulders.

Marie looked down from her window in time to see at least a hundred girls outside swarming the boys. Five little dots moved inside the building. She sighed and drew her curtains again. The concert wasn't until tomorrow and it would be impossible to leave the hotel without getting caught on camera. The newly graduated teen looked down at her sweatpant clad legs.
@Marie_Stylinson
Screw it. I'm going in sweats. I have things to do. x

Niall dropped his duffel on his bed and smiled at the screen of his phone. Wonder what she means.. Harry, Louis, and Zayn followed Liam into the room for the movie night. "Hey, I'm going to get ice." The Irish boy slipped into the hallway. He was barely three feet down from his door when a tiny girl in sweatpants blew past him, grumbling about 'One Direction crazies'. He watched the girl freeze in the middle of the hall. She turned around and strode back towards him.

"Hey, Niall." The girl began and her professional grade camera swung a little on her neck. "Can I get a picture?" The Irish boy nodded and moved to stand beside her. "No, I mean...I assumed you were going out for ice?"

"Yes," Niall smiled, amused by the girl's awkwardness. She smiled back and gestured for him to walk with her.

"My name is Marie, by the way." Marie said as way to make conversation. The Irish boy studied her. Was it the same Marie? She had said about going out in sweats.

"I'm Niall, nice to meet you."
She barked a laugh out and covered her mouth immediately to stop it. "Sorry! ...Sorry." The same laugh filled the hallway again. "Okay, okay ice. Stand here?" Marie pointed to where she wanted the Irish boy in all his pajama'd glory to stand.
He chuckled, filling his bucket upon request. "Good enough?" The blonde asked after the camera stopped clicking.
"Beyond." Her smile made Niall's heart skip a beat.
"Close the door, throw the key. Don't wanna be reminded, don't want to be seen-" Marie grabbed her phone, checked the message and grimaced.
"Okay," She sighed to herself, rather upset that she couldn't stay. "Thank you for this, Niall." Marie smiled and, after giving him a huge hug, skipped down the hall to the staircase.
The blonde watched her walk away, studying the way she moved and trying to commit it to memory. He went back to his room and settled in for the movie Liam had picked.
@Marie_Stylinson
@kidrhaulღ hey dear! Got a surprise for you <3 twitpic.vh1.s7
View Image
It was the picture she'd taken at the ice machine. It looked professional. Niall hadn't felt as if he'd done anything special for the picture but it looked posed. The picture was gorgeous. He saved it to his laptop and made it his icon on his fan account.
The link to Marie's website was on her profile.
Niall went through her pictures and found beautiful selfies under the tab: Never In Public. The latina in high-waisted shorts, tights, and a victorian age top with her head thown back. He could almost hear her laugh, looking at that picture.
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

This book has 8 comments. Post your own now!

Damon_And_Stefans_Momma said...
Awwwwww! Marie and Niall are soooooo cute together!

SteeleFire said...
Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:21 am
Can I just say that I am in love with this?? Please write more. It honestly makes me happy to read stories like these, it also inspires me to continue mine :D keep up the good work.

HerHandsFitLikeMyTshirt replied...
I have more written, it's about 300 pages long-hand. The hassle is typing it. But after next Friday I will be faithfully updating every fanfic Friday, so no worries.

Crystalrose729 said...
This is amazing! I love this story

One_Direction_Harry_Styles said...
Oct. 25, 2012 at 8:39 am
I love your writing...I just wish there was MORE!!!! It was so good, I couldnt take my eyes off it...My favorite is Harry, my second is Niall, but I could see where someone would fall for Niall more...Well thank you for writing this, it's very good and I LOVE it!!!

ShelbyLala replied...
Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:07 am
I'll find a way to let you know when I post more. It'll maybe be today. I have to type more. I wrote it long hand...so yeah

White-Horse This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
HOORAY FOR ONE D! THis is the future Mrs. Horan, btw. :P

ShelbyLala replied...
Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:33 am
:D did you read it?