Beatrix | Teen Ink

Beatrix

By FF9LadyMaster, Jackson, Michigan
FF9LadyMaster, Jackson, Michigan

(;

19th century, London. There, two men one in a chair and the younger one standing with a gun pointed to the others head. "So mister Adamson. I am quiet indebted to you aren't I? But I wonder if I should show you my gratitude." Says the young man. In the corner a plack on the wall read "Adamson research institute, laboratory"

"STOP! If it's money, just name how much ero you want!" Pleaded Adamson.

"You're very kind, well then.. I shall ask one more thing. Tell me about the so called Illusionay star sapphire that is the "Star of merrow." The young man says as he starts to tilt his head. "Really a Gem based on an illusionary legend."

"It.. it doesn't exsist!" Says Adamson.

"Thats to bad, if you say it doesn't exsist then.... There is no reason for us to talk anymore." The young man puts the gun closer to Adamson's head and starts to pull the trigger.

"WAIT PLEASE! The ones who know of its existence are those called the fairy seers." "I heard they're just barely able to survive. They're all just senile old fools mow right? Because these days the only ones who believe in fairies are children. However the same children need what the deceiving fairy seers have to say, is what I think. When it comes to fairies, Merrow, and selkies.... The fairy seers would be the ones to know everything about them." Adamson says.

"Ah yes, I know of one. In scotland in a town on the outskirts of edinburgh." The young man says. The young man drops his hand then brings it back up and shoots Adamson killing him with one blow to the head.

Scotland, outskirts of Edinburgh. "Consultant in matters of Fairies." Knowledgeable of all species."

"Mum! Do mermaids really exist" Asked a little girl and the mother replied.

"No, there just fairytale of course." "OF COURSE THEY EXIST" Beatrix yells to the little girl from her cottage. "Even though you can't see them, they do exist. If you put a shell on your window before you go to sleep. Then a merrow will send some rain to make a rainbow or you." The mother looks baffled by Beatrix's comment so she grabs her daughter by the hand, and walks faster away from the cottage. "It's no use Beatrix. No matter how much you tell them, they still can't believe what they can not see, y'know? Just take it easy." Says Eva. Eva is one of the selkies that fallowed her from her parents estate when they kicked her out. "Hey Eva, what can I do so people understand what my purpose is."

"Fairy seers are few and far between, everyone would rely on you when they have problems with creature, y'know. That era has ended after all. Aren't we already midway through this century now? " Eva says.

"BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT FAIRIES HAVE DISAPPEARED! They're still with us doing good and bad things! And still it's strange for everyone to disregard them. Don't you think so Eva!?" said Beatrix. Whispers from afar of others. "What in the world? That girl is all alone... She's always like that." "Ah No I was just talking to Eva..." "Oh no she heard us, just walk away..." Damn, It happened again. "It's you're fault Eva!" "Don't be that depressed, besides you know that they can't see me." said Eva. Even though.. I probably won't talk to them again. I'm sure I made another person think I'm a weirdo again."

"The newspaper says there's a wanted man! Mister Adamson a psychiatrist from London was seriously injured in an attack by robber. The criminal is currently on the run with a large sum of money." Eva says. "Oh? It's even made it's way into our newspaper in the countryside? "I guess it's because he's on the run. The victim's son had put out a reward and is searching for the criminal" Beatrix reply s. "They say he kind of looks like the serial robber who killed one hundred people in America. He's in his early twenties, and has blonde hair- "

"Ah who cares about that Eva. Even if he was here he wouldn't come near my place. To many bad rumors about me being crazy, y'know. Anyway, I got a post card from father to come to London! Maybe he wants to spend spring together!? Heeh~ how rare. But isn't London dangerous right now? But even if there is some big-shot robber running loose, it doesn't matter since I am crazy. And don't have any money."

My only family.. My dad is a doctor, using herbs leaches and such. And is currently studying medicine at London university. He's the kind of person who's always doing research, even on days off. And my mum who was a fairy seer, died when I was 6. More then 13 years ago, until marriage to my papa, she lived on the northern part of this island. It seems she was loved by many, she always told fairy tales to the village. "Come here Beatrix."

She taught me about.. Fairy species and their traits. How they socialize. Their rules, and various other things. Everything taught to me, was a precious inheritance from my mum. That's why I studied more about fairies, like she had. I am not ashamed of this power. I don't care if I'm crazy to others.

"Pardon me Miss Winters? " As I turn I see a man about my age. "How do you do? Your dear father has always been such a great help. My name is Klay. I have come to greet you today, Milady." Said Mr.Klay. "Did my dad ask you to come all the way out here? Well thank you very much mister Klay. But you must know him well to know that I am winters." Beatrix replied. Jeez, that dad of mine.. how rare of him to be thoughtful!

Oh no I came here on my own consent, I wanted a little vacation from the university. Also a lady traveling alone is very conspicuous. Besides you hair is bright blonde, Ah I mean, I heard your hair was like the sun color. So you would bring a lot of attention." The Klay replied. *Look, there goes sunny. She really is a weirdo she's different from head to toe. I wonder why her hair is that color. It's mysterious, isn't it?*

A rusty color huh? My dad must have said that. But.. he didn't say that with any malice. "Well then, shall we get on the ship now? I shall carry that." He says as he looks down at my trunk. "Oh, ah. Thank you." "Hey, hey.. don't you have a bad feeling to about him. I mean your dad isn't this considerate, right?" Eva says while appearing out of nowhere.

"Well even if he wants something with me, we don't have money and I am pretty much worthless to humans." "That's true" Eva reply's

A door opens. [Click] "Here is you're room young lady" Said Mr.Klay.

"Excuse me, but my room wasn't for the first class private room. " "That's true, but this room was reserved by the professor. I'm in the next room, so if you need anything call me." The door shut behind Klay. [Click]

"See Eva! You're too paranoid. Everything is going to be fine. Plus we have time to waste before the ship sets sail." [Rattle] Me and Eva look at the dresser. "What?" [Swing] Nothing "Wha.. what's up? Must have been my imagination." Hand come around my head and cover my mouth. I can't move. [jerks] "Please help me. I Beg of you..." Help me he says.. That's my line!!! "Be quiet. That man. The man who came here with you is working with a criminal. At this rate something bad will happen to you." He lets go of me. Mr. Klay is a criminal!?

"What are you saying? Who are you?" "I was caught by that man and confined here. Somehow I escaped and hid inside of this room, and then he brought you here. I want you to lend me your power." "I don't get what you are talking about" "There's no time. If we don't get out by time the ship departs.. we don't have enough time for me to explain it thoroughly. I can only ask you to trust me." The young man says. "If you're caught again.. what will happen to you?" Beatrix asks.

"He will kill me. This room ia at the end of the hallway isn't it? It's so that if you tried to go anywhere you'd have to pass by his room. It's to keep you trapped." "If you leave that ma's brothers will be on the lookout for you. In total there's sight of them. Six of them are currently on this ship. They're partners in crime. It seem the leader is the eldest brother, Klay. "Mr.Klay commits? It can't be. "They'll know right away. They've placed a string on the door." The young man says as he opens the door. "He will probably wait until you fall asleep and then carry you off at the appropriate port. So.." " Ok then, what do we do to sneak out of here."

It's just as she said. A mere assistant of dad's wouldn't have to use tricks to that extent. [knock knock ] "What seems to be the matter milady? "Mr.Klay asks. "Ah well um the truth is.. I heard a strange sound from the closet in my room, I'm too scared, so could you please take a look at it?" "!!! HEY! HE'S IN THE NEXT ROOM! THERE'S NO MISTAKE! Ah milady, please stay here. It'll be okay. Please leave it to us." Mr.Klay yells. "Hey let's go!"

Klay runs into the other room with his partners. Six of them are currently on this ship. they're partners in crime. "Let run now" The young man says well coming out of his hiding corner. I whisper "Eva, are you coming?" "Hey!!! they're they are getting away!!!" Oh no they saw us..

I messed up on parts,and the spelling is not all that great. I also forgot to redo some parts but I am wayyy to lazy to fix it right now. :P Other then that I hope you liked it and by the way yes it is ongoing. (: Thank you! <3

We ran for what seemed like forever. {Where are we going?} "Where are we? " When I looked up we seemed too be in a room that looked like a rich mans study. "On a ship." Another ship!? But if he can go into a room like this so freely, then.. "Hey! hey, wait a minute... " "Sorry but. I need to rest a bit my body's at it's limit.." The young man interrupts. " Jeez, even though he's so suspicious you fallowed him anyway! Just who is this guy?" Eva says "Don't know, but whoever he is... thanks to him, we weren't tricked. "Beatrix replies " I wonder about that. He might be deceiving us too." Eva. What should I do? Speaking of which, he suddenly appeared and brought me here in the end. He's definitely suspicious. I know that. But, anyway, I should at least hear him out... "I'm so tired" Beatrix says as she starts to fall asleep on the sofa.

"Hey! Beatrix, wake up. Jeez, how long were you going to sleep for? You're awake? you had such a cute face while you were sleeping." Eva whispered. When I looked up that man wasn't there. Instead it was another man. Though it's true that when you look at him closely. Everything but his hair is the same.. ash mauve eyes. But his hair was no longer brown, it was blonde and his 5'0 clock wasn't there anymore. "If only you didn't wake up, then I could've watched you longer." Said the young man. "Speaking of which, your hair... It's not brown anymore. It's pure blonde." Beatrix said in a asking manner. "My real hair color stands out, so I dyed it. But those guys found out anyway."

When I looked up he started to take off his blouse. "Hey wait!!! Why are you stripping..." "You are in the presence of a lady, milord." Lord? The voice came from a corner. It sounded as if a teenage boy. When he came out he had lightly tan skin and purple eyes. Black hair and wore a butler suit. The boy started to put a new cleaner shirt on the young man. "Oh I beg your pardon. It seems I haven't come back to my senses yet."

Answered the young man. "Lord, your injuries.." "They're just scratches. In any case, my clothes hide them, so just give me a change of clothing. Don't worry raven. There's no need to kill someone over this. Understood." The man told the Raven. Kill? What does he mean, what is he talking about? "It went as planned raven. This is miss winters. Hey! How do you know my name.."

"Beatrix winters was the name of the girl Klay and his crew were looking for. That mean, you're her. Oh yes. Sorry to be so slow in saying this, milady. I am known as Dimitri Earl the first . It's nice to finally meet you." Dimitri says as he kisses me on the hand well bowing. As soon as he lets away I jerk my hand away from him and say. "You're an earl? You're lying! Anyway, I have business in London you know?" "Is that so? But it's too late. This ship's already departed." Dimitri reply's "WHATTTT!! What's the meaning of this? Isn't this kidnapping! What're you going to do about it? All my luggage is on that other ship! And how did you just board this ship freely?"

"That's quiet regrettable. This is my cabin? Of course you also have a proper ticket." Dimitri answered. "Then what!? You planned to have me board this ship from the beginning. It was all an act. Saying Mr.Klay caught you.. "Beatrix said furiously "That was the truth. I have no interest in hurting myself for the sake of acting. Getting capture by them was only a tactic to get close to you. At any rate, I didn't know what you looked like or what any of your physical features were like at all." As I looked at him he had rope marks all over his neck and wrist, also a couple of burn marks. So he got captured on purpose?

"If that is the case, then there wasn't any reason to dye your hair. "Well that was so that they didn't figure out I was trying to get caught on purpose. At any rate, Raven what time is it?