Silent

Author's note: I love my idea of the Forbidden! My best friend even used it in one of her stories. I'd...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I love my idea of the Forbidden! My best friend even used it in one of her stories. I'd reccommend her story, too! (It's called Forbidden).  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

Out of Nowhere

When I wake up the next morning, I take a nice long shower. I may be wasting water…But, hey, my dad doesn’t care.
Once I’m clean, I throw on jeans and a purple tank top, with my hand-me-downs. Outside it’s foggy but warm. I leave my hair down—no clips or anything—and grab a sweater before running out my bedroom door.
“Hey, Kennedy,” says Zavier as I pass by him going down the stairs.
I smile at him.
Oh, crap. Today is the day when his parents are coming. I
Eeep! What a mess!
smack my forehead with my palm.
“Hey,” I groan.
I bound down the stairs and plop down into a chair.
“Oh my God. Kenny, you are going to be in so much trouble,” says Kate.
I nod.
I cautiously look around the room and don’t see Dad anywhere, so I pull on my sweatshirt and place the gray hood on my head.
The doorbell rings. And rings. And rings again. Constantly.
I stare at Kate in her pajamas. “I’ll get it. You go upstairs and get ready,” I say. I race to the door and open it up. I gasp.
Mark.
I grab his sweatshirt sleeve and pull him inside.
“Ken—” he starts.
I place a finger to his mouth. I point upstairs and grab his hand. I, quietly, tug him up the stairs. I burst the door, almost pushing him in when I see Marylyn folding clothes and placing them on my bed. I push Mark back and he sits on the step of the staircase.
“Hello, Kennedy. Come to finally get dressed to meet your boyfriend’s parents?” she asks.
I stare at her hard. “Zavier? Marylyn, he’s not my boyfriend. Oh! I was supposed to tell you….Um, Kate needs help doing her hair. Could you please go and fix it?” I say.
“Oh, of course. I’ll be back in a moment to get you ready.” Marylyn starts to walk towards the door and I push Mark into a section of the wall where a bookshelf is supposed to be.
Marylyn walks the other way and I pull Mark into my room by his hood. I close my door behind me.
“Okay, seriously? What are you doing here?” I say, hands on hips.
“They’re after me.”
“Who’s after you? Mark, tell me,” I demand.
“The Rulers. They now that I talked to you.”
“Me, specifically?” I ask, worried.
“I think so. Why, is that a problem?” he asks, curiousness in his big brown eyes.
“Holy crap, crappity, crappy, crap!” I yell.
“Is everything alright—”
I whirl around at Marylyn’s voice.
“Oh, my. Kennedy, what’s going on here?” she asks.
“Uh….Well, you see….I….uh….You….” I can’t even start a sentence.
“Who is he Kennedy?” she demands sternly.
I’m too frozen to answer. Instead, Mark stands up and walks up to me and stares Mary in the eye.
“I’m—” he starts.
The doorbell rings downstairs.
“They’re here. Kenny, deal with him.”
With that, Marylyn walks out.
“Mark, I’m not going down there. Like Mary said, I need to deal with you," I say.
"Well, for now, you're kinda stuck with me."
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

DanielM. said...
Great Job!!! i really liked your imagery in the beggining of the story. your and awesome writer.

HarryPotterLover30 said...

Thanks callie for mentioning me in your authors note! This is really good, 5 stars all the way!

For anybody else out there, my story Forbidden is an action-adventure novel. Or you could just click my name and go there from my stories, but it's your choice........... :)