The Spy Way

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Chapter 5

The inside of the school was magnificent! My mouth agape in aww as we walked to room 5B. I come here everyday, but I can’t help being awestruck by the building’s greatness. All the world’s top spies were trained here and I was now becoming one. We finally got to the room and I knocked on the door. It creaked open.
“Weird,” I thought to myself, as I stepped into the pitch black room cautiously. It was quiet, too quiet. The wind whistles by my ear as I dodged an object. I felt a sharp jab to my gut, the pain rushing up my body causing me to feel sick to my stomach. I couldn’t see, but that didn’t matter. I punched blindly in the air, hitting nothing. I tried again with a kick, and got a rewarding grunt to whoever thought it was funny to play this prank.
“Jess the lights!” I yelled to her. The lights flicked on and I went in total commando mode. I was too quick to catch. Too fast to see. My punches and kicks flying so fast if you blinked you would miss it. I bombarded the prankster with rapid punches, until I was on top of him with my foot on his chest.
“Nice job girls, but could you get off of me.” the prankster muttered. Which I soon identified as my spy history teacher.
“I’m sorry, I thought this was some kind of test.” I blushed and said. He was the only teacher in the school without field training. I reached out and helped him up.
“I had just come in here to tell all of class 29 that your classes had been moved to room 8D. I had walked in to wait for you guys and the lights went off unexpectedly. I tried to turn the lights back on, but I tripped and my pencil flew out of my hand,” he confessed.
“Oh, I thought you were trying to attack me, but can I ask you one more question?”
“Sure anything. Ask away. I’m an open book.”
“Why did you punch me?” I rubbed my bruised ribs.
“Well, when I heard the door open I got nervous. Whenever I’m alone the other teachers sometimes like to prank me. So when you walked in...”
“You thought I was one of them and you were trying to protect yourself.”
“Sure lets go with that answer. So off you go to 8D.”
“Yep, and sorry again.” I walked out of the room and hurried to 8D.
“Uhhh. I’m such a clutz!” I thought out loud.
“It’s okay, Alex. Let’s just hurry. We can’t be late for spy attitude class.” Jess said. She grabbed my hand and dragged me upstairs.