The Spy Way

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Chapter 4

The cool breeze blew my hair in my face as Jess and I ran down Drivet Street towards TSISS. This was my favorite place to be. This was where people like me could be themselves and do what they like. I slowed to a stop when I saw the grand gates that let you into the building.
To the rest of the world this building was abandoned. Then a hundred years ago a family from Switzerland bought the place and made it nicer. That story is true, but it left out some big details. Like the family added all the latest security equipment. They made the place a school. And most importantly, the school is for spies in training. One detail that I didn’t mention is that Jess and I are the only kids at the school. I, was only admitted because my dad was a spy.
You might ask, “Alex were you surprised your dad was a spy?
The answer would be, not really because my dad was always very secretive and he always left on long business trips without a good reason why. Actually, finding out he was a spy filled in a lot of answer blanks in my life. And Jess, you know how I said she was good at everything? I wasn’t kidding. The first time I tried to lie to her, I told her I joined a softball team that plays everyday after school. She didn’t believe me. However, she played along and followed me after school. She found out where I was really going and the rest was history. We became the first child spies in training.
We walked straight up to the gate and it scanned our irises. The machine made some strange gurgling noises then it beeped twice. The large gates opened like they did everyday, but each day I thought it got cooler. Together my best friend and I strode in.