The Spy Way

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Chapter 3

We stepped off the bus into the sea of kids going to homeroom. We were swept away and carried by the current right into Mr. Pete’s classroom. The bell rung and we all took our seats.
Mr. Pete straightened his tie and cleared his throat. “Hello class. I hope you will enjoy your Monday”
From that moment on my day went downhill quickly. We had an English exam first period and as expected I got a zero. Then I got lectures in second, third, fourth, and fifth period. Math: dividing integers, Science: the stages of mitosis, Art: the history of red paint, and Social Studies: the fall of the roman empire. To some kids those lectures might have been interesting, but for me it was so boring that I drew a whole comic on when Mr. Pete opened his desk to find a tarantula. I looked at my blue G-shock watch. Five minutes until the end of the day. Five minutes until I was free. Five minutes until I could be the real me. My watch slowly ticked on. Each second felt like minute. And at one point I thought that If I turned the hands of my watch forward the time would speed up.
“Five, Four, Three, Two, One!” I whisper yelled.
I was free. I race out of the classroom. Not caring what homework our teacher could have assigned. I hurried to my locker and snatched my backpack. I looked back and forth for Jess. I saw many head coming out of class, but I finally saw a tiny redhead and ran over.
“Hurry up Jess! We got to go!” I urged.
“Okay, okay I’m coming,” she insisted.
I grabbed her by the hand and we sprinted out the front doors of the school. We keep sprinting, heading to the only place I felt like I belonged.