Forbidden

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Chapter One: Alone

They’ve found me. I am no longer safe. I have to run, or they will find and capture me. Like they did to Jasper, and Mum, and Dad.
My name is Jennifer Lacer. I am dangerous. I am a Forbidden. And I have no home. I guess I’m currently staying in Houston, Texas. I don’t really live anywhere for very long. It’s always been that way. For as long as I can remember, my family and I were on the run. I guess you could say we are fugitives. Well, Mum, Dad, and Jasper were. I am the only one left. Mum and Dad died four years ago. Jasper went missing two years ago.
I move every three months. Or sooner, if I think they found where I am at the moment. Now is one of those times. But this time, I will have to move farther. Much farther. I’m thinking about going to Europe, or maybe Australia. That way, it will take much longer for them to find me. It would be nice to stay somewhere for more than three months. Actually get to know my surroundings. But with me being me, I’ll be lucky to even get out of the country. And I don’t think the airport will let a sixteen year old girl on a flight without concern.
I should probably explain why I am a Forbidden. To start off, a Forbidden is a person who committed a crime, or is related to someone who committed a crime. I’m the latter. My parents were rebels, and so, by default, I am one too. They found out about Mum and Dad and came after us. We fled as fast as we could.
They are the Council. They control everything in the City, and, well, everywhere else. The reason Mum, Dad, Jasper, and I are/were rebels is because the Council is horribly twisted. They act like they are so good, so pure, but in truth, that’s a complete lie. They say they are against violence, and they try to promote peace. We saw through that. The Council are, really, cold-hearted murderers, without souls, and a certain fondness for torture. Great people, aren’t they?
I am one of the only people alive, if not the only one, who knows the Council’s secret. One of the only people who knows about their cruel nature. The Council’s secret is much worse than anybody would think. It’s worse than their liking of inflicting pain. Much worse.
The reason there are not more rebels than me, is that people aren’t as clever and crafty. They get caught sooner or later. Not me. I’ve never been caught. Ever. Why? Because when you get caught, you die. Horribly. I don’t exactly want to do that. The Council doesn’t tolerate people who don’t ‘go with the flow’. What they do to these people is their most well-hidden secret. But it wasn’t secret enough, because I found out four years ago. When Mum and Dad died.
Whenever the Council caught somebody, they would mutate them. They would conduct scientific experiments on the poor person until they were so mangled and unnatural, they were unrecognizable. Mum and Dad knew about this, and they actually killed themselves, before they could be experimented on. I don’t blame them. I would have done the same. It’s sad to think about what the Council is doing to the world. No wonder there was a World War 4…….and 5…….and 6………
Right now, I’m packing up my stuff in an old, abandoned mansion that I lived in. My three months are up. Now all I have to do is book a plane ticket. I’ve decided on Australia. I’ve heard that it’s nice, and sunny, and that there’s a variety of poisonous animals I can use for defense. But I’ve also heard that everybody is very social. That’s going to be hard. I haven’t spoken to anybody in…. four, no, five months. I haven’t used my vocal cords for quite a while now. I can’t exactly be called “miss talkative”.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

talhaak said...
Apr. 12 at 6:46 am:
I don't want to sound very critical. I like your story. It's interesting and the concept is nice but there are certain areas where I think the language could be improved. Also, in chapter 2, it seems that you are talking in the present but as the first chapter was referred to in the past, perhaps it would be better to carry on in the same way but I still really like it. I hope this helps!

Vagabond said...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:11 am:
amazzzziiinngg!!! Please write more and more!! give me your feedbacks on my book "a new era" Thanks!

writer3499 said...
Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:32 am:
WOW this is amazing!!! This is one of the best things I have read on TeenInk! The idea is so creative... your a great writer! I loved every sigle thing about this! I t should have deffinetly won the contest...this is completly fabulous!!!

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Sept. 20, 2012 at 7:17 pm :
Thank you! I'm so stoked that you loved it. That totally made my day. It's okay that I didn't win; the girl who won defienetly had a better piece. But THANK YOU! I wrote this a LONG time ago, and I was thinking about doing a sequel. What do you think? I don't know....

writer3499 replied...
Sept. 21, 2012 at 9:23 pm :
I would deffinetly read it if you wrote a sequel and I bet alot of other people would too!! If you do end up wrting a sequel I would probably love it but its going to be hard to make the second story as good as this! But i'm sure it will be great....please write more!!

DreamsOfGoldThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29, 2012 at 6:21 pm:

I loved this. I actually cried when Jasper was to die... it was so saddening. You carry the reader along with you, make them feel those feelings. I know that so many people love this.

Keep working hard. 5/5

LunaNDPloom said...
thought the book was really good. but now i'm curious; what did her parents do to become forbiddens? Loved it otherwise

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:46 pm :
Tnx that you liked it; her parents rebeled against the Council by trying to spread word of the Councils evilness and they tried to go after some leaders, but they got caught, someone ratted them out. Sorry i didn't mention this, but ill try to fix it and put it in. :) Anythging else that I missed?

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:47 pm :
Oh yeah, if your confused on whose answering your question, i changed my name from Peyton C. to HarryPotterLover30 :)

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Mar. 23, 2012 at 8:06 pm:
Hey, I hope you guys post. I worked really hard on this. I would want some feed back. I wrote this for the hunger games writing contest but i didn't win :( Oh well. please post!