Omega (Section Two)

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

The Explanation

Surprisingly, after all the commotion in our small town, we were still allowed to go to school the next day. As I sat on the bus, I practiced with the wind, moving marbles in my hand. Every once in a while, a stray breeze would run wild, startling several nearby kids. If Madison had been on the bus, she would have been grinning. But she was too “young” to go to school now. While practicing, my mind wandered back to last night, when we had to explain all this to our parents.
Once we woke Jacob up, which took about three redbulls; he joined my parents on the couch as we explained the situation. At first, they were all doubtful. But after showing them me controlling wind, they finally considered all the options. They still did not fully believe they were Greek gods, but it was the closest thing they could think of so they didn’t go mad.
So while she was like that, Madison had to stay there and be home schooled. Meanwhile, Jacob and I got to go to school, which annoyed her to no end.
Without realizing it, I was already at the school. While I was deciding when and how to tell them, half the day passed by. So it was right before lunch that I decided to tell them my discovery.
So when lunch arrived, I stood up on the tallest ledge. I readied myself and I began with, “Everyone I’ve got something impor-” which is as far as I would get. For at that moment, Chris kicked open the door, and all attention that was on me was quickly redirected.
“Hello everyone! I have returned better than ever. And I have amazing news!” While he quieted down the people welcoming him back, I realized he had figured out the same thing I had. But before I could say anything, people moved me off the ledge, and helped Chris up. I stood there with my mouth agape as he announced his theory. Many people were skeptical at first but without even showing proof, he gave so many good points, people began nodding in agreement. And eventually, everyone was looking up who they were, making my list useless. I felt happy that everyone knew by now, but I was also jealous that Chris took the glory. But I shrugged it off, pleased that I already knew who I was, and that he had his moment in the sun.
Once research had been done, everyone was still confused, so before I could even speak up about my list, Chris had an idea.
He announced in the theatrical way that he usually spoke, “Why not have a competition? We battle to see who is which god or goddess, and the winner is also the strongest. It’s a splendid idea, if I do say so myself.”
At this time, Cameron interjected with, “Hey, I’m all for the idea of equal beatdowns, but where do we fight?”
Zach, an enjoyable person all across the school, said, “Well, I who may or may not now be Hermes,” And he was interrupted by snickers. It was so appropriate, as he was a major influence in the track team. He cleared his throat to continue, and he was allowed to do so.
“As I was saying, I’m not too sure about this whole Greek god thing, but I’ll give it a chance. As for the competition, didn’t the old Hermes say that this spot would be the new Olympus?”
Everyone agreed, and wondered aloud how to make it look like Olympus.
And with a flash of light, our questions were answered. Built into the side of the school, was a golden elevator, gleaming with light from a thousand suns. We all were shocked, but this day was so full of surprises, it was not that different.

To be continued in Section 3...
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:30 pm:
Again, I like the idea, but I think it just needs...MORE. You never explain the ambrosia (unless you do later) and there's other stuff that really just needed to be explained. You have this great idea, but I think you need to let the audience in on a few of the minor (but necessary) details.

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:31 pm :
((oh, and sorry, I meant to give it four stars :S oops. Why does it sometimes ask to submit, and sometimes it does it right away?!?))