Omega (Section Two)

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

The Lock

The next day, I couldn’t wait to tell my friends about the strange evening the other day, but it turned out I wasn’t the only one who had an odd story to tell. Alec hair had caught on fire, though it looked fine now. All the pipes in my cousin Josh’s house had burst, and eleven people around Kasey Harris had proposed. Darian had even gotten electrocuted.
And that’s when the weird stuff started happening.
Alec decided to join the woodshop class, and made a scale model of the white house in the first ten minutes. Josh joined the swim team, and did a cannonball into the pool that knocked all the water out. Darian was giving every person she touched a static shock. In the middle of lunch, a peacock busted through the doors and ran over to Kasey Harris. With me though, it was just that warm little breeze that smelled of lilies; and that I had a really bad backache.
Then in history, my last class, I smelled the lilies again. But this time the smell was coming from the teacher’s desk. That’s where I saw them. They were lilies like I had thought, but they weren’t the kind of lily you saw every day. They were pure white, with six pedals.
I walked over to my teacher and asked, “What are those flowers?” The teacher, Mr. Throckmorton replied, “Those are one of the Zephyranthes flowers, a very rare form of lily that has been popping up all over the school grounds lately. Why do you ask?” “Oh, no reason”, I said simply.
I was confused about this so I looked zephyranthes up on my laptop. The top site was about Greek mythology. My mind flitted quickly to the day all this started happening, but I didn’t want to think about, fearing (like the rest of us were) that it might have actually happened. I clicked on the link and it said that the zephyranthes flower was named after the Greek god that carried them around; Zephyros, the spring wind. He carried the warm breezes that caused springtime. This seemed absurd but I was willing to give it a try. I thought of a strong breeze blowing through the classroom. I felt a strange power inside me, trying to let it out.
I knew that if I let this power roam free, I wouldn’t be able to stop the transition. I unlocked the power.
All of a sudden, I was in darkness. I walked for what seemed like eternity, but felt as if I was in the same spot I was an hour ago. Then suddenly, I was falling, and I landed softly on my feet even before I could comprehend my own fear. I saw a faint glow from a doorway, and inside that doorway I felt the power I had come here to release. I slowly made my way to the doors. I flung the doors open, not knowing what to really expect.
Definitely not this. It was a small room with a soft glow coming from the middle. There in the center of the room was a sight I would never forget. Floating orbs of colors I couldn’t even begin to describe swirled around a large globe of pure white.
I shuffled over, not believing my eyes. I brushed my fingers against the pureness. This was when I felt the earth shake.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Again, I like the idea, but I think it just needs...MORE. You never explain the ambrosia (unless you do later) and there's other stuff that really just needed to be explained. You have this great idea, but I think you need to let the audience in on a few of the minor (but necessary) details.

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
((oh, and sorry, I meant to give it four stars :S oops. Why does it sometimes ask to submit, and sometimes it does it right away?!?))